Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Okay, the map component of Pokemon Go I like. The camera overlay I disabled because it was laggy as hell and made throwing balls at the pokemon more difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Patter Song posted:

I'd be very surprised if the Mario game wasn't an October or November 2017 release as the pillar of NX's frist Christmas.

My thoughts exactly. Launching with Zelda (and whatever else) in the spring with the next Mario game anchoring the holiday lineup half a year later sounds like a great strategy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

death to phone games

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Patter Song posted:

I'd be very surprised if the Mario game wasn't an October or November 2017 release as the pillar of NX's first Christmas.

What's interesting is that all the games are on the same platform now, and that's usually the Pokemon release slot as their big handheld game for the holidays.

So maybe things will be spread out a bit more? Zelda at launch and then a Mario and a Pokemon game by the time the next holiday season hits seem like smart moves though. That's a minimum of 3 major titles for the console by then, supported by (theoretically) a Smash Bros port and some other smaller titles. They'd be in good shape.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Super No Vacancy posted:

death to phone games

My friend, have you heard of the Layton Brothers?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

phones are the only place you can play new advance wars games anymore https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warbits/id584927317?mt=8

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The more I head about NX rumors, the more I think the Rotom Pokedex is designed to look like an NX, much like the Pokedex from previous generations had a similar shape and size to the portable system it was on.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

phones are the only place you can play new advance wars games anymore https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warbits/id584927317?mt=8

Dang, I can't find this on the Android store even though it supposedly exists. Too bad, a good friend of mine is absolutely bananas for Advance Wars, she'd love this

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Dehry posted:

The more I head about NX rumors, the more I think the Rotom Pokedex is designed to look like an NX, much like the Pokedex from previous generations had a similar shape and size to the portable system it was on.

Holy poo poo, there's no way it's NOT a stylized NX

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Boten Anna posted:

those little nubs on it's hands are the detachable controllers

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Boten Anna posted:

So...a clamshell with a spike on top?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dehry posted:

but s&m is on the 3ds

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You're on the 3ds

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Elfgames posted:

those little nubs on it's hands are the detachable controllers

Exactly, and the other one is TV Mode.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

but s&m is on the 3ds
They already used the 3DS design in Gen IV and V and probably moved on to the console things. X&Y was probably supposed to be a Wii U tablet

This is what it looks like before Rotom attaches itself

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

death to phone games

Nope.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Patter Song posted:

So...a clamshell with a spike on top?

It's to stop you from playing the NX while driving.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Boten Anna posted:

there's a rumor that Sun/Moon will get a port to NX which makes some sense since it will be a recent release when that comes out

maybe they'll port Kid Icarus Uprising so a regular person can control it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Facebook has informed me that Nintendo is going to make video games on the NX using their existing popular characters such as Mario and Zelda. Breaking news that no one could possibly have predicted.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wait, flip the Pokédex upside down. The spike is like the middle of an n64 controller, and the feet look like scroll wheel shoulder buttons.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

I said come in! posted:

Facebook has informed me that Nintendo is going to make video games on the NX using their existing popular characters such as Mario and Zelda. Breaking news that no one could possibly have predicted.
Oh man, I saw that too. Thank god I was already sitting down when I read it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Patter Song posted:

I'd be very surprised if the Mario game wasn't an October or November 2017 release as the pillar of NX's first Christmas.

New Super Mario Bros NX

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

TheScott2K posted:

New Super Mario Bros NX

Super Mario Bros NeXt

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Jsor posted:

Super Mario Bros NeXt

Super Mario Land NX

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Not Mario Galaxy NX

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Super Metroid NX

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Meldonox posted:

Super Metroid NX

Metroid Spinoff AR Card Collection Game NX

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Link's Awakening DX NX

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Metroid: Other NX

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

A Disappointing Zelda Game NX

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rexroom posted:

MCV has their own set of deep throats in the biz.

"Game graphics will be somewhere between a PS3 and PS4"

Wasn't the Wii U supposed to be that despite never looking better than ps3?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

the later rumors of wii u said it was supposed to be "slightly more powerful than an xbox 360" and i'm not necessarily sure if that's true either.

but it would take some actual work to produce something with available components that would be less powerful than the xbox one at the very least. I'm sure Nintendo will find somewhere to go super cheap though

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The Wii U was more powerful than a PS3 tho?

Like Every Wii U game p much ran at 1080/60 besides poo poo like split screen Multiplayer on Mario Kart.

As opposed to the 900p/30 most games ran at on the PS3(besideds like CoD multiplayer and other exceptions.)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Dexo posted:

Like Every Wii U game p much ran at 1080/60 besides poo poo like split screen Multiplayer on Mario Kart.

I can't believe there are still people out there who think this.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TheScott2K posted:

I can't believe there are still people out there who think this.

Eh I'm 99% sure almost all first party games p much ran at 60. I could be wrong about the native resolution's though I know Smash at least was 1080

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Dexo posted:

Eh I'm 99% sure almost all first party games p much ran at 60. I could be wrong about the native resolution's though I know Smash at least was 1080

They generally hit 60 fps but 1080p games are few and far between. They're pretty much all 720p. Rayman Legends, a 2D sidescroller, does it. I think Smash does 1080p60, too, and it drat well should considering what it is. Wind Waker HD is 1080p but only 30fps.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Yo, as a PlayStation fan, if you think the Wii U doesn't look better on average than a PS3 then you haven't checked out the PS3's muddy, hammered dogshit-looking library lately.

I would like a Metroidvania on the NX, please and thank you.

Also will rebuy Pokemon Sun to play it on a tv because gently caress money and you, that's why.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Soul Glo posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night maybe it'll get an NX port?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

~Coxy posted:

Link's Awakening DX NX

F-Zero GX NX

Super Mario NXy

Final Fantasy NX-2

NXenosaga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Soul Glo posted:

Yo, as a PlayStation fan, if you think the Wii U doesn't look better on average than a PS3 then you haven't checked out the PS3's muddy, hammered dogshit-looking library lately.

Also will rebuy Pokemon Sun to play it on a tv because gently caress money and you, that's why.

The difference is probably just straight up in the architecture, like the Wii U has better something but something else bottlenecks which was the opposite for the other consoles (or something like that) and i'm sure third party developers would've eventually figured out how to make PS360 stuff look quite a bit nicer on Wii U but they had six years with those consoles already, by the time the Wii U was 2 years old everyone bailed ship and went to the real big power improvements.

Nintendo, of course, really pulled off some sweet stunts with the Wii U, along with the much nicer art design just lead to prettier games.

I might do the same with S&M, my gf and I are each getting a version, if they do make an NX version and add something to that it would be fun just playing together and picking up 'mons neither used.

• Locked thread