Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Essential Inks
May 10, 2013

by exmarx

Al! posted:

Jeb is what happens if Oedipus gets beat up by his father and mocked by his mother

So... a mother_ucker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Antti posted:

At least then the GOP could/would disavow them instead of flirting with them and letting them influence their policies and rhetoric. Having them be part of a major party that can take over states or the federal government is also dangerous.

Lol like hell they would

How goes the disavowing of Trump?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

DrPlump posted:

The position of president should be split into 2 positions. One elected by the congress to oversee the meat of legislative matters. A second elected by the people to handle international relations and presidential addresses. Both should get the veto but also a veto-veto.

Cool, we can have a President and an elected-by-the-legislature supreme rubber-stamper-of-legislation

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Dare to dream

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Essential Inks posted:

So... a mother_ucker?

Jeb tried but he couldnt get it up

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That sounds great. The one thing our system needs is the rate of change being slowed down even further. Can't let anything scary happen until the people are ready for it, right?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
lol at the idea of trump being mentally stable enough to run in 2020? That dementia brought on by the stress of the campaign is going to hit hard and fast

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

Jeb tried but he couldnt get it up

Donald pushed him aside and was like here I'll help. You mind not telling her I have AIDS though?

Jeb "Well I was just going to lie about not having the clap. Wait, you finished already?"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DrPlump posted:

The president doesn't really have a lot of power unless congress lets them. A major problem we have had in recent history is a congress that mostly agrees with the president. Even if Republicans and Democrats disagree on small issues they hold a bi-partisan consensus on many major issues in these cases they fail to act as a check and balance as intended. A president that is outside the mainstream would likely have much more limited power as congress moves to block their more radical actions.

The position of president should be split into 2 positions. One elected by the congress to oversee the meat of legislative matters. A second elected by the people to handle international relations and presidential addresses. Both should get the veto but also a veto-veto.

So you're saying that an override should be placed in one person's hands? No, that doesn't work. Also, have you been paying attention to the news for the last 5.5 years and how obstructionist congress is? They couldn't even get a budget passed and automatic cuts went into effect. Honestly, it seems more things are likely to get done with a republican president compared to a democratic if how things went under Reagan and both Bushes compares to Bill and Obama.

Anyway, Congress actually delegated a lot of power to the executive branch, from setting EPA, OSHA, and other regulations, to setting what the threshold to qualify for overtime pay when you're on salary (which Obama exercised this year).

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

lol at the idea of trump being mentally stable enough to run in 2020? That dementia brought on by the stress of the campaign is going to hit hard and fast

His kids will be there to help him out

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ivor Biggun posted:

His kids will be there to help him out

Just like they did when they ousted Corey, right?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
u can't say that trump isn't delivering an entertaining election

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The hosed up thing is that Trump would be 74 by that point. People have to remember that the guy's old, which might legitimately explain some of the senility at this point.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
laughter AND tears

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

That sounds great. The one thing our system needs is the rate of change being slowed down even further. Can't let anything scary happen until the people are ready for it, right?

The USA government moving slowly is a feature, not a bug.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Mrit posted:

The USA government moving slowly is a feature, not a bug.

I am aware of this and even supportive of this. Doubling down on it however sounds like a terrible idea.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Prediction: zika is going to become a huge, huge issue/talking point in the election by nov, slipping right into a blame-immigration vs ramp-up-federal-spending debate like a glove

They're bringing drugs. They're bringing zika. They're rapists

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

I am aware of this and even supportive of this. Doubling down on it however sounds like a terrible idea.

Agreed. :)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Lizard people are real and they're loving with us.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

laughter AND tears

I laugh so hard I cry a lot too

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
This is like the ending to the Sixth Sense. Republicans are realizing they have been dead for years.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Wasn't ol' Lumpy here slobbering all over Trump's dick on his show just a few days ago?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Regular Nintendo posted:

Sean's drunk lmao

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/761418714088701952

Ha. This is what drunks tell cops when they're trying to avoid a DUI.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we're all going to be made zika-positive by rapist refugees raping rus

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hmm

pol isn't taking these polls very well

quote:

Okay real talk. DO NOT ANSWER TO THESE loving SHILLS!! loving payed assholes are trying to undermine this last bastion of freedom. Seriously. The past few months since november 2015 were the best months I had for years. As a german I have to see my country get ripped apart of rapefugees and mental ill lefties. I've lost friends over the time because of my thinking about trump and that he is really the last hope of the western world and I lurk on this board more than ever. But now it is a total desaster here on 4chan. I want my platform back. I want to chant with the us bros again when trump is live on one of his rallys. I want to banter with you guys. But I dont want these fuckers from CTR here. It feels like we live in loving north korea. Jesus. I just cant wait for the first debatte and god help us all that trump will crush hillary like a little loving turkroach. I cant stand her face I cant stand the media shilling and I cant stand my bluepilled friends anymore. Ffs I feel like I got a mental breakdown. But I will never give up and I just have one thing to tell:

MAGA

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Wikkheiser posted:

hmm

Weak.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Wikkheiser posted:

hmm

where do I get these bluepills, they sound loving great

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Four Score posted:

where do I get these bluepills, they sound loving great

George Soros

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
my bluepills are Ambien and I can't drink with them, so it better not be that poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
jeb! will be the new bill murray, randomly inserting himself into groups or conversations throughout the country

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CTR doesn't get enough credit for creating paranoid meltdowns

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

quote:

There’s no doubt about it — the liberal media’s polls are rigged from the bottom up. How do we know this?

Simple — social media. Trump’s following on the major social media networks absolutely blow Clinton out of the water.

Allow me to prove it:

Facebook

Trump: 10,174,358 Likes
Clinton: 5,385,959 Likes

Trump nearly doubles the amount of Likes than Clinton Now — some people follow Trump who don’t like him, so let’s look at some posts. Here’s the stats for his latest Facebook live stream:

Trump Live Stream Post — 21 hours ago: 135,000 likes, 18,167 shares, 1.5 million views
Clinton Live Stream Post — 25 hours ago: 11,000 likes, 0 shares, 321,000 views

Since Clinton has zero shares, here’s the next best original post I could find from Clinton, albeit it’s not a live stream post:

Clinton post — 30 hours ago: 22,000 Likes, 7241 Shares, 773,000 views

Any way you slice it, Trump is crushing Clinton on Facebook interaction. One quick note regarding Facebook — you’ll find that on almost half of Clinton FB posts, the top comments are from Trump supporters, whereas the the top comments on Trump’s page are hardcore supporters only.

Twitter

Trump: 10.6 million followers
Hillary: 8.1 million followers

Trump has 30% more Twitter followers — and they translate into real votes. A recent study confirmed that 70% of his followers are real supporters, and 90% of those real followers have a voting history.

Hillary’s “twitter army” is likely made up of dead voters and illegals.

YouTube Live Stream

Trump: Averages 30,000 live viewers per stream
Clinton: Averages 500 live viewers per stream

Trump has 5900% more live viewers than Clinton.

Instagram

Trump: 2.2 million followers
Clinton: 1.8 million followers

Trump has 22% more Instagram followers — which is impressive considering it’s a liberal cesspool consisting of college hipsters who can’t seem to take enough selfies.

Reddit

Trump: 197,696 subscribers
Hillary: 24,429 subscribers
Hillary for Prison: 55,228 subscribers

Hillary for Prison’s Reddit feed has more than double subscribers of Hillary’s reddit page, equating to Trump having 700% more Reddit subscribers.

Don’t listen to the lying media — the only legitimate attack they have left is Trump’s poll numbers. Social media proves the GOP nominee has strong foundation and a firm backing.

SHARE on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think of this proof showing Trump dominating social media!

http://thetruthdivision.com/2016/08/spread-this-media-rigging-the-polls-hiding-this-evidence-proving-trump-is-winning/

Imagine giving this much of a poo poo about Donald Trump.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

turnip kid posted:

holy gently caress

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
popularity vote doesn't matter.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
That sad breakdown clearly didn't include people like myself who follow donny for the yuks.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
what if Trump had more likes than others........

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

life is a joke posted:

That sad breakdown clearly didn't include people like myself who follow donny for the yuks.

From the comments:

quote:

We have just completed our own poll since we cannot get factual information from the mainstream media!! We called 1000 homes in each of the 50 states and asked basic questions on the economy, terrorism, immigration and presidential pick.
Economy was the number one factor that Americans are concerned about and terrorism was number two.
Presidential pick was Trump by a large percentage.
Trump 33478 votes 67%
Clinton 9788 Votes 19%
Undecided or other 6739 votes 13%
My friends and I are all Graduate students from all walks of life we meet to discuss stuff. 13 people who like and have served in the Military. It took us most of two weeks to be sure our calls were to all people and not just one party or an other we called Americans.. our poll is by taking registered voter lists and we accumulated 33% repub, 33% dems and 34% ind.. our poll consisted of 1000 calls per state. all 50 states. 50,000 people are in this poll not the 100 like other polls.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

turnip kid posted:

God the_donald is gonna be so.much fun in a few months

E:lmao they did not call 50k homes get the gently caress out of here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

turnip kid posted:

It is kinda depressing that people are doing this whole 'the polls are wrong!' schtick again after what happened in 2012

• Locked thread