Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

It's fixable and I think they have a fairly solid plan in place to get things moving along. It's bad don't get me wrong but the sky isn't yet falling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Steelion posted:

Man she gets pissy when someone isn't singing the praises of the tortoise.

Saying the Tortoise struggles with penetration is so flagrantly incorrect that it is a pretty good metaphor for most WGA management opinions.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

It's fixable and I think they have a fairly solid plan in place to get things moving along.

Yeah, like the Updated Rules and Violations Policy? I know for a fact that I will be reporting every single person who says or does anything controversial, because I think that them getting a permanent chat ban for "non-derogatory but still offensive insults" and a permaban for "blocking allied tanks" is loving hilarious.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

Yeah, I only really bring it up when arty bounces HEAT off of me, or its an obvious tryhard in a cromwell or something spamming gold at me in my KV-1S. And only getting a ricochet. Over and over again. Sidescraping is pretty amusing, especially when people spam gold at you, unable to figure out why their shells keep bouncing.

Sidescraping or just hugging taller tanks in general is just the best. The T59 is one of the best tanks I've found for that now that they nerfed cupola sniping.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Anyone remember when they nerfed the t-54 by having it ride an inch or so higher? I remember it used to ride a little bit lower such that a maus had a really hard time hitting it up close no matter where the t-54 was parked.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

JuffoWup posted:

Anyone remember when they nerfed the t-54 by having it ride an inch or so higher? I remember it used to ride a little bit lower such that a maus had a really hard time hitting it up close no matter where the t-54 was parked.

I remember that it used to sit low enough that getting an angle on the hull was near really difficult, and even if you did odds were good the shot would be eaten by the tracks. T-54 used to be a goddamn monster before they fixed that and adjusted the turret armor with more zones.

I liked when they first put out the tier 9 mediums, the T-54 and Pershing were pretty unstoppable. T-54 was difficult to pen and hard to hit, the Pershing could snapshot and go hulldown, plus had a ROF pretty close to the T-54. The Panther 2 was just ok though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
WGLNA Gold league matches are happening tonight if you feel like watching 2-minute bits of gameplay (with bad camera movement) interspersed amongst hours of bad commentary.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
4th in xp, 4th in xp, 4th in xp, win win win...I can't get my drat ticket to save my life tonight, and I'm not even doing that badly!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

McGavin posted:

Yeah, like the Updated Rules and Violations Policy? I know for a fact that I will be reporting every single person who says or does anything controversial, because I think that them getting a permanent chat ban for "non-derogatory but still offensive insults" and a permaban for "blocking allied tanks" is loving hilarious.

I have less then 10k games played so my opinion is less valid and I'm not as jaded but I still think WG has an interest in fixing the issues with the game.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Szcwczuk posted:

I have less then 10k games played so my opinion is less valid and I'm not as jaded but I still think WG has an interest in fixing the issues with the game.

Did you just get off the time machine from 2012??

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

gently caress yes, still the best

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
:roflolmao: Goons really are the worst:

http://www.dpgwhores.com/tanks/8481/?v=150wr

1, 2, 5, and 7 I know are. 9 I think is as well.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Szcwczuk posted:

It's fixable and I think they have a fairly solid plan in place to get things moving along. It's bad don't get me wrong but the sky isn't yet falling.

i hope they shut down the NA servers and give servers transfers for everyone over to the EU and fire everyone at WG NA for being useless pricks

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

McGavin posted:

i fully expect Hellsau/Chillsau to be the first to be hit with the ban

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

i fully expect Hellsau/Chillsau to be the first to be hit with the ban

I think I'm 100% required to disable chat and archive all my games to avoid a permanent game ban.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did they buff the armor on the m48?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Well this just happened

http://imgur.com/a/KhVaL

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Did they buff the armor on the m48?

Yep.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Saying the Tortoise struggles with penetration is so flagrantly incorrect that it is a pretty good metaphor for most WGA management opinions.

Definitely. It's still silly.

Also,

http://www.dpgwhores.com/tanks/4961/

God drat people how is 2k damage top-10 material in this thing

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

Oh, my sweet summer child...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
At this point there are two eventualities - WG is betting that their upcoming titles will be more lucrative (WoT with modern tanks is still a might-happen, not a will-happen), or they'll dump us all over into EU and 'haha gently caress your lag, capitalist pigs.'

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Szcwczuk posted:

I think they did, but then they spent years loving around working side stuff and ignoring the main game.
All that time into Havok physics? Dropped because of the potato computers in Russia. Multi-turret support? Still a no show. They've actually removed maps and never replaced them because they don't know what they are doing. How many times did they try to get Komarin to work? They've been talking about making Sixth Sense baseline for I don't remember how long now, but crew skills are a mess since half of them are useless.

They've actually made buying premium tanks worthless since they removed preferred matchmaking, which doesn't matter since none of the premium tanks since the E-25 has been worth looking at. Why spend money on a tank when they are simply going to toss in yet another tier 8 medium tank with a 90mm gun?

The problem is, they don't need to really do anything since all the competitors do everything worse. War Thunder didn't seem to do much. Armored Warfare is pretty much dead before leaving beta unless a miracle happens.

At least World of Warships seems to be run by people who know what they are doing. Missions aren't painful, they've been putting in actual improvements recently. Premium ships are unique without being overpowered.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The CDC is a good post-pref premium. And if you listen to QuickyBucky...they're *all* good!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

The problem is, they don't need to really do anything since all the competitors do everything worse. War Thunder didn't seem to do much. Armored Warfare is pretty much dead before leaving beta unless a miracle happens.

Wait AW is still in beta? Jesus gently caress.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The CDC is a good post-pref premium. And if you listen to QuickyBucky...they're *all* good!

Believe me, the Turan III is laughably bad with two redeeming features - Primelaw's Type 59, and Desuwa's Type 59. Why add such a complete piece of poo poo and then give it a crippling flaw like the worst ammo capacity in the game? It isn't like the T-25 was burning down the meta. Same with poo poo like the Scorpion or the KJPz - make them as good at their tiermates and then sell them for money.

Why make the gift tanks totally unplayable? Seriously the Toldi has 700 DPM, no armor, poor mobility and sees tier fives! The T7 CC is fun as hell to just spew shots out, the Tetrarch is historically good, the Pz2D is bad but workable....and the Toldi was literally advertised as a free garage slot. Why are they wasting the time to model a tank and then laugh at their playerbase for wanting to play their gift?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Wait AW is still in beta? Jesus gently caress.

Technically WoT is still pre-release - we're all just really generous in saying poo poo like "9.9.1" and whatnot and leaving off the preceding zero. At this point I'm thinking ever seeing a "1.0" release from WG is like Waiting for Godot - they know if they perpetually keep it under 1.0 they can say "we're still working out the bugs."

Five years from now they'll be at 0.9.9.9991.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

McGavin posted:

haha does that mean 'get reported in-game 5 times and you are banished forever'? Because rip me and other pansys who discuss how much bigger and tastier black cocks are while thanking obama for gay marriage.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
No, strikes will be given out at WG's discretion which means you'll probably have to go out of your way to get even one strike.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Zettace posted:

No, strikes will be given out at WG's discretion which means you'll probably have to go out of your way to get even one strike.

Naw, if you're a good player you'll frequently get banned for "unsportsmanlike conduct" even if you never use profane language, never block/ram/shoot teammates, and never do anything expressly illegal or even potentially against the rules.

It's actually a blessing since it forces me to take a few days off every now and then if I'm playing too much.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

That, or they'll be sneaky fuckers and reward demonstrably inactive players with the best rewards - then never tell them.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

I see the arty on your team is messaging you. Did he want to congratulate you, or whine about how you took all his damage?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Valle posted:

I see the arty on your team is messaging you. Did he want to congratulate you, or whine about how you took all his damage?

He apologized for splashing me for a few hundred damage. Probably should not take arty shots at dudes when they are in a hugging match with one of your bros but clickers gotta click you know.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, I got the gist of it, and ran it through Google Translate as well. I suppose that's an insult in the Spanish-speaking world? :shrug:

You(r opinion) mean gently caress all to me, shove eight dicks up your bitch white rear end.

I play like i loving feel like, if you don't like it close your snout, son of a thousand bitches, pretty sure your mother shat you out, i'll poo poo in your dead.

you got owned brother.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BadLlama posted:

He apologized for splashing me for a few hundred damage. Probably should not take arty shots at dudes when they are in a hugging match with one of your bros but clickers gotta click you know.

Next time someone does that, tell'em to go play easymode on console, because there's no team damage there! :v:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Valle posted:

Next time someone does that, tell'em to go play easymode on console, because there's no team damage there! :v:

What, how do you encourage teammates to play better on console then?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Well, voicecoms are on by default, and since I doubt console players are better than pc-players at checking out options and settings, I generally just tell them all what a bunch of loving retards they are. They may have muted me, but the thought that most of them probably don't even know how to do so keeps me entertained!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

BadLlama posted:

Hey, he apologized at least. I like seeing civility, rare as it may be.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Been playing more and more over the past week and Im really finding that damage doesnt win as many games as just being in a good position and making a threatening wiggle motion at someone while they freak out and rush into a million guns to avoid yours

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That, or they'll be sneaky fuckers and reward demonstrably inactive players with the best rewards - then never tell them.

Speaking of I've just installed the game after a year off and my barracks is full of 100% crews for Tier X tanks that I'm nowhere close to owning for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

adamantium|wang posted:

Speaking of I've just installed the game after a year off and my barracks is full of 100% crews for Tier X tanks that I'm nowhere close to owning for some reason?

That's from the Rampage mode testing. You can dismiss them, they're not special in any way and presumably you don't need a plain 100% crew pretrained to a tier 10.