Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Thanks for the tips, everyone! I finally wrapped up the sidequests from the first Citadel visit so I'll be sure to avoid the planetary collection stuff and try to control my temper when I get the Mako.

Are you unable to tweak your appearance when importing your Shep from ME1 into the later games? Mine isn't hideous (though not as great as the character creator screen led me to believe), but I was banking on an improved creator in the later games to spruce it up.

E: vv That's not so bad. I'll take my chances with doing it over again.

Shoren fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

At the beginning of ME2 you will get the option to redo your Shepard's face, although you should know this will return all the sliders to their default settings so you have to remake the entire thing from scratch.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
ME2's face creator is the best so it's really frustrating to have OK Shepard in ME1, Awesome Shepard in ME2, and What The gently caress Shepard in ME3

perhaps this is an analogy for the trilogy itself

exquisite tea posted:

At the beginning of ME2 you will get the option to redo your Shepard's face, although you should know this will return all the sliders to their default settings so you have to remake the entire thing from scratch.

there's also a ME1 sliders to ME2 sliders translation option available on that mass effect faces website. plug in your ME1 slider code and it spits out the closest approximation for ME2. Customize from there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Andromeda should take fallout 4 style face generation. It was like the Mario 64 putty head for sculpting.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Goddamn this thread is so long I have nostalgia for its beginning. Also the dear ME2 thread :rip:

Whole pages of nothing but ME avatars~

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

Honestly making a good-looking Shepard for cutscenes and screenshots is 95% of what helps me push through replaying the first Mass Effect.

I generally find that making him look as old as possible works.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Andromeda should take fallout 4 style face generation. It was like the Mario 64 putty head for sculpting.

I love how Eve Online (afaik) basically invented that for character creation in games and then squandered it in obscurity for five years

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Olanphonia posted:

Goddamn this thread is so long I have nostalgia for its beginning. Also the dear ME2 thread :rip:

Also all the old thread's fanfiction :getin:

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I've been looking for my old ME photoshops. This is all I've found so far.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Waltzing Along posted:

So your controller was broken. Don't hate the mako for that.

You didn't quite read the whole post did you?

To reiterate: the problem was that the Mako, which used tank controls, would drive forward relative to itself, not the camera. That's not a controller problem. And it was definitely not a controller problem when it occurred through four different controllers and three different 360's.

It's always been a mystery to me that a problem that was so consistent for me regardless of hardware never seemed to affect anyone else. I'm probably going to get the trilogy on PC next time there's a bundled sale or something and if it happens again I'll just know that the game literally just wants to gently caress with me.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Kurieg posted:

Or they look completely fine until they start talking and their mouth opens up wider than their lips should allow.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://forum.bioware.com/topic/574907-concerning-our-forums/

RIP Tali sweat guy

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
There was an update to Mass Effect 2 on Origin. Anyone know what it was for? Bugfixes?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

OhFunny posted:

There was an update to Mass Effect 2 on Origin. Anyone know what it was for? Bugfixes?

Making Tali sweat canon as tribute to the forums.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Avalerion posted:

If destroy didn't have that arbitrary "kill all geth and Edi" tacked on there wouldn't even be a discussion as everyone would just pick that, they literally had to put that bit there so it's not objectively the "good" ending and has some downside compared to the other two.

This is completely correct.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Olanphonia posted:

The ME2 thread was so good. Everyone was on cloud 9 about this loving series. I've been thinking about that a lot because I'm streaming through the whole series and I just started ME2. While the first game has definitely aged in many ways, ME2 is just as good as I remember. It's so nice. :)

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Beefstew posted:

The ME2 thread was so good. Everyone was on cloud 9 about this loving series. I've been thinking about that a lot because I'm streaming through the whole series and I just started ME2. While the first game has definitely aged in many ways, ME2 is just as good as I remember. It's so nice. :)

we were all so curious to see how ARE CHOICES would matter in ME3

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Beefstew posted:

I decided to replay the thrillogy and am halfway through the third. It doesn't seem much worse than the second, and even knowing how it ends, I'm enjoying it. The second game was definitely the high point in the series, but the third game is still decent. It gets poo poo upon way harder than it deserves. I have all of the DLC that adds to the story, and the EGM mod, which is pretty neat.

What's the best kind of party to have at the end? I can't remember what I did 4 years ago. I think everyone will be there except Miranda because I'm killing her off at sanctuary.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Do she and Jacob even come to the party?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yes. But you have to wait and do the party after sanctuary.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Once you've done a character's mission they show up at the party.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Kelly, Allers, and the engineers are not invited lol

Chakwas says she can't come I think

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

wookieepelt posted:

I decided to replay the thrillogy and am halfway through the third. It doesn't seem much worse than the second, and even knowing how it ends, I'm enjoying it. The second game was definitely the high point in the series, but the third game is still decent. It gets poo poo upon way harder than it deserves.

You have bad opinions. ME3 is complete trash. Start to finish.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Kelly, Allers, and the engineers are not invited lol

Chakwas says she can't come I think

commissioned officers only :smuggo:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

ME3 is a superb third person shooter.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I disagree with your opinion, as it's fact that ME3 is good. Wrex has more screen time than in ME2, therefore ME3 is better than 2.

Edit: Sorry for trolling. ME2 is great and ME3 is good.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

commissioned officers only :smuggo:

ultimately my favorite part of Citadel is the conversation with Anderson when he gives you the apartment, because he's taking time out of constantly fleeing the Reapers and sleeping in huts made out of piles of dead people to ring up Shepard and hand over his unbelievably expensive luxury apartment

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Axe-man posted:

The same, I eventually gave up and used premade heads :negative:

My Default Shep was pretty much one of the premade heads with different-colored hair and some scars. I have the distinct memory of wanting to replay My Shep as a different character and worrying if I could pull it off. click-click-click oh, there he is.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

wookieepelt posted:

I disagree with your opinion, as it's fact that ME3 is good. Wrex has more screen time than in ME2, therefore ME3 is better than 2.

Edit: Sorry for trolling. ME2 is great and ME3 is good.

Counter-point; ME2 still has an actual good and cool Krogan squadmate. ME3 does not (Citadel DLC does not count.)

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Grunt died because I believed Miranda when she told me any psychic could shield the group in the suicide mission :sad:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I always just make my shepards look like Obama

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
If the Normandy had a resident krogan in ME3 none of this nonsense would have happened

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Never bothered creating a custom male Shepard, but I did painstakingly craft one custom female Shepard and then ended up using that face for all the others since I was never going to produce a better one.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I once made the mistake of trying to recreate Billy Dee Williams' face in order to save the galaxy as Lando Shepard. I knew I had done a crime as soon as he opened his mouth.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Bongo Bill posted:

I once made the mistake of trying to recreate Billy Dee Williams' face in order to save the galaxy as Lando Shepard. I knew I had done a crime as soon as he opened his mouth.

You monster

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I don't know what everyone is doing wrong because I think the only time I had a Shepard look weird was my Infiltrator in ME3 suddenly having more blush than I ever though from the previous two games (I literally did not change a single thing from ME1 ever) and my first Femshep attempt (which was just sliiiiightly tweaking the default redhead) and she went from looking super surly to looking ghastly and terrifying on the intro reveal. Worked out better in 2 and 3 where she looked like she was eating regular meals :v:

For some reason maybe my Sheps end up looking alright because I go in to the face creation screen thinking "so this Shep is going to be a failshep/heroshep/ruthlessshep/etcshep and therefore s/he will look like this" because it's what has given me such great success. I mean since I bought the PS3 trilogy in 2014 I have created 7 Sheps and have yet to have one of them look so bad that I restart, delete the file and try again from scratch.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I think you and your family and friends are just weird looking and you have an odd baseline. Are you in the Appalachians?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I don't think it helps that the first ~heroic gaze~ expression Shep ever makes, right at the start of ME1 during the into, has this one off magical ability to turn all but the default faces into terrifying masks of horror.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It also doesn't help the amount of sameface that goes on. That's on the animation skeleton though, not the face generator. The two do not play nicely, so you have a face that has to stretch and contort to match the animations, leading to small mouths opening up like kermit the frog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
so apparently andromeda isn't going to be at gamescom in any fashion whatsoever?

is there ever going to be any really good news about this game?

• Locked thread