Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

I wonder if they'll explain the whole Galvatron thing.

Megatron is his dead name.

Galvatron is his new chosen name. Please respect that as he transitions to this new phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Bay and Isabela Moner with vespa-bot Squeeks. Moner said she just filmed the first explosion scene in her career. Who better to do it with than Bay?

He reminds me of T-Bob from MASK.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tyrese is back to earn his paycheck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHLBipSDqcO/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tyrese is cool and good. Glad to see him return.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I spent a ton of time catching up on this thread and Terry still hasn't done AoE! I need this hole in my life filled!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The focus people have on Optimus' violence seems pretty silly when apparently a long-decapitated head can just squirt out cyber mosquitos and reverse-suck their conciousness into any appliance.

If I knew this was possible and I would probably Rasputin every enemy too.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Nah, it's still silly. If he was acting out of that knowledge then he'd be sure to gather the parts and melt them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Samurai robot Drift gets a sexy new body. Still an expensive European car.

They also cast Santiago Cabrera, an actor who coincidentally (or not) was a regular on the TV series Merlin.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I've always wondered why the Drifting Samurai didn't turn into a Japanese car. The licensing for the cars in these movies must be ridiculously complex.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

well why not posted:

I've always wondered why the Drifting Samurai didn't turn into a Japanese car. The licensing for the cars in these movies must be ridiculously complex.

Drift is a cosplayer. He's a samurai cosplaying as a European car, and he's a robot alien cosplaying as a human samurai.

You're right about not seeing a Japanese car in this though. Takara at least have deals with companies like Nissan and Mitsuoka Motors for recent toys, but maybe they don't exactly extend to Hasbro.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Transfans like this illuminate the movies in a whole new light

Jazzimus Prime posted:

As bad as D&D has been for the past 13 years, thanks to the old catladies and El Pinto driving out everyone right of center in 2002, the fact of the matter is that if it weren't for their hard-handed tactics back then we probably wouldn't have /pol/ right now

And the existence of /pol/ today makes D&D worthwhile. It's great

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spotted in Times Square:

That dragon could be Megatron, for all we know. Wouldn't be the first or even second dragon Megatron.

That Decepticon logo has an 'V' in it that looks like the inverted version of the logo seen on military vehicles on set.

Also, update on The World's Loneliest Dog.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 14, 2016

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

The MSJ posted:

That dragon could be Megatron, for all we know. Wouldn't be the first or even second dragon Megatron.

That could also be a Terrorcon. They're combiners that showed up after Megatron became Galvatron.

It's worth pointing out since Bay's last combiner gave us robot balls.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

The MSJ posted:

Spotted in Times Square:

Nice Transmorphers font

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Optimus has a sword and knight motive so there should be dragons to slay. Michael Bay doing what he does best. :allears:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I hope there's a windmill Decepticon for a reverse-Quixote reference, in which the windmills are in fact dragons.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Trypticon was also a dragon at some point, if I recall correctly.

But I don't think Optimus could fight something that huge by himself.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Wade Wilson posted:

A three headed dragon no less.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Arquinsiel posted:

A three headed dragon no less.

That could apparently be any number of decepticons if you google it.

Apparently named some variation of "________ Scourge".

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Wade Wilson posted:

Movie Optimus fights the entire Decepticon army by himself.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cardboard Box A posted:

Nice Transmorphers font

That's the same title design they used for the last film too.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Wade Wilson posted:

That could apparently be any number of decepticons if you google it.

Apparently named some variation of "________ Scourge".
Transformers.txt really.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Decepticon tow truck has a name:
https://twitter.com/michaelbay/status/758332201335390208

Hi-res photo:

They also had some IDW comics around the set. Make sense since two of the writers wrote the first Iron Man movie.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIVBQfOAwLg/

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 28, 2016

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Weirdly civilian looking truck for Onslaught, but I guess expecting him to be a Combaticon when we've already had Devastator/Brawl not THAT Devastator but still Devastator who just looks like Brawl is a bit silly.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Maybe we will see how large Bruticus' testicles are.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vespa-bot joining a military operation.

Marky Mark with what I presume is Excalibur.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Official release of that poster.

In other news, Bumblebee is also a convertible now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I'm down for robotic king ghidorah.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Out if nowhere, the official movie Instagram posted this:

Hot Rod appears to be another Lamborghini. Can't let that product placement deal last for just one movie.

A set video showing a submarine set where Mark Wahlberg is filming and there's also an actor wearing a mocap suit.

In case you think he's not going to be in this movie:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

The MSJ posted:

Out if nowhere, the official movie Instagram posted this:

Hot Rod appears to be another Lamborghini. Can't let that product placement deal last for just one movie.

Terry van Feleday posted:

Shift in both scene in tone to young Daniel Witwicky (David Mendenhall) and Hot Rod (Judd Nelson).

Not exactly a striking resemblance, but the brand fits. I thought he originally was a Lambo until I looked it up.

Please bear with me since there's nothing to do but speculate on how silly the next movie could get. Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime in the 90s movie. As a Prime, his second form is the bastard child of a sportscar and a truck.

Sadly, as much as I'd love to see a live-action Lamborghini truck, the only larger than regular car they have in the works is this SUV:

The Lamborghini Urus, due for 2017.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 5, 2016

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
It gets my goat that the aesthetics of the Transformers changes with every movie.

Yanking something I posted in another thread...

quote:

tf1: vaguely humanoid, lots of vehicle kibble, 'primal'/animalistic/monstrous facial features - weapons built into the body. clear shift between robot and vehicle.
tf2: vague shift between robot and vehicle (like the motorcycles, jetfire, sideswipe, grindor, for example)
tf3: more like tf1, but they start getting beards and facial hair and more human features. weapons are now external.
tf4: they're basically people and they have things like robot trenchcoats. very little 'vehicle kibble' in robot mode to the extent that we don't actually see many of them transform between modes because they weren't made to like previous ones.
tf5: ???????

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think Hasbro wants the robots to look more 'cartoony' similar to the Transformers cartoons where robots have beards and wear capes and stuff.

Donnerberg posted:

Not exactly a striking resemblance, but the brand fits. I thought he originally was a Lambo until I looked it up.

Please bear with me since there's nothing to do but speculate on how silly the next movie could get. Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime in the 90s movie. As a Prime, his second form is the bastard child of a sportscar and a truck.

Sadly, as much as I'd love to see a live-action Lamborghini truck, the only larger than regular car they have in the works is this SUV:

The Lamborghini Urus, due for 2017.
I think that's one reason kids were disappointed with G1 cartoon Rodimus other than his personality. He was a cool sports car then they give him that ugly trailer just because Optimus had one. Even his most recent toys, including the Masterpiece version, ignores it.

Yes, they did give him a fishing rod because of his debut scene.
He might just get that Urus mode if he gets an upgrade in the movie. More toys to sell!

Here's Drift's new robot look to match his new paint job and Mercedes vehicle licensing.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Milky Moor posted:

It gets my goat that the aesthetics of the Transformers changes with every movie.

Yanking something I posted in another thread...

Alien shapeshifters that can't stick to one form seems quite appropriate for metal shoggoths.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bumblebee became too badass and leader-y. Quick, we need a new kid-appeal character!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The MSJ posted:

I think Hasbro wants the robots to look more 'cartoony' similar to the Transformers cartoons where robots have beards and wear capes and stuff.

I think that's one reason kids were disappointed with G1 cartoon Rodimus other than his personality. He was a cool sports car then they give him that ugly trailer just because Optimus had one. Even his most recent toys, including the Masterpiece version, ignores it.

Yes, they did give him a fishing rod because of his debut scene.
He might just get that Urus mode if he gets an upgrade in the movie. More toys to sell!

That figure ignores his trailer because it's a figure of Hot Rod, not of Rodimus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

That figure ignores his trailer because it's a figure of Hot Rod, not of Rodimus.

Actually its official name is the sexy "Hot Rodimus".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Any word on Stanley Tucci being in the next film? He's easily the best human character int he films so far.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hound took an online medic course between movies.

Crosshairs got new tacticool nightvision goggles. And a mustache.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
Autobot, when it counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A bit of of a footballer thing going on with Barricade here. And look closely at his knuckles and elbows.

Oh, and the 1986 movie is on bluray. Want to see how much better it looks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6d6brmcVDs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skhwis9BDjU

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 10, 2016