Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kWNDaOLggI

I guess this released! Too bad we'll never get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Man, Toyble really does do an amazing job with these chapters.

Also Tights sneaking meat buns away from Beerus and Whis is still kinda adorable.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dragon Ball Heroes announced some new stuff and might have accidentally revealed something about the nature of Goku Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmzmtwgbb4Y&t=27s

Zawasu is watching Goku fight Black, and he's wearing the other half of the earring pair that Black is wearing. Maybe Zawasu isn't Black, but rather created and/or is controlling Black through some weird Kaioshin stuff? No clear answers yet but I think we're going to see things go in a slightly different direction than everyone seems to be expecting.

Also it looks like Gohan and Vegeta are joining the Time Patrol too

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So is Xenoverse worth picking up? The combat looks like it might be fun and the character creation could be neat. I know the second one is coming in a few months.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BizarroAzrael posted:

So is Xenoverse worth picking up? The combat looks like it might be fun and the character creation could be neat. I know the second one is coming in a few months.

Xenoverse is amazing and Cell can be your senpaiSensei.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Xenoverse is a ton of fun, just keep in mind that if the story missions start kicking your rear end you're meant to go do some side-quest stuff and level up for a bit then come back. And you're going to be able to carry something over to Xenoverse 2 so if you're planning on getting that it's worth playing the first one. Probably.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

On the other hand, with Xenoverse 2 right around the corner and most players likely moving on to that one it might be smarter to just wait it out until it comes out.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Xenoverse is a ton of fun, just keep in mind that if the story missions start kicking your rear end you're meant to go do some side-quest stuff and level up for a bit then come back. And you're going to be able to carry something over to Xenoverse 2 so if you're planning on getting that it's worth playing the first one. Probably.

Right now it seems that your character from Xenoverse 1 will show up in 2, have a statue of them in 2 maybe? Also depending on your collect-a-thon skills you get to keep some of your skills/equipment, but will be given Zenny to buy most of it back.

I've been burning through Xenoverse 1 doing the things I didn't before over the past few weeks. Just last night I finished all the base game Mentors, and I have 2 of the 5 DLC mentors done too. While also spending all my Zenny on getting more costume pieces from the shops.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Are there cheats or something for xenoverse that make it less poo poo?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

sharktamer posted:

On PC maybe there are?

It's only poo poo part is the grind, but that is present in most games now a days.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sharktamer posted:

If you're on PC, download the Dragon Ball Xenoverse Save Editor. It lets you change pretty much anything about your character and unlock anything you want, so if you want to cut on the grind, I fully recommend it.

Also more games need to be like Fusions and add such great characters as Namekian...with a gun.

So cool.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Blaze Dragon posted:

If you're on PC, download the Dragon Ball Xenoverse Save Editor. It lets you change pretty much anything about your character and unlock anything you want, so if you want to cut on the grind, I fully recommend it.

Also more games need to be like Fusions and add such great characters as Namekian...with a gun.

So cool.

If Namekians were allowed to carry guns, Freeza's rampage never would have happened.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Blaze Dragon posted:

Steam is ok with this?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

dr.acula posted:

Steam is ok with this?

Steam can't tell as long as you don't use it to put your stats above max.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Steam wouldn't care even if you did something blatant.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Blaze Dragon posted:

So cool.

Namek w/ Pistol

not even Farmer w/ Shotgun can save us from this menace

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Okay, got started with Xenoverse yesterday. Made a Saiyan to be boring, a female to be less so. It's fun, but annoying how you often get stuck looking the wrong way. I don't like how there's no preview for clothing, or that there is a visible option to change the audio language out of the terrible English VO but it's not available.

Though Trunks yelling so loving loud of of my Dualshock 4 in Japanese might actually be a little more annoying.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Okay, got started with Xenoverse yesterday. Made a Saiyan to be boring, a female to be less so. It's fun, but annoying how you often get stuck looking the wrong way. I don't like how there's no preview for clothing, or that there is a visible option to change the audio language out of the terrible English VO but it's not available.

Though Trunks yelling so loving loud of of my Dualshock 4 in Japanese might actually be a little more annoying.

You can definitely preview clothing before you buy it or put it on.

Also getting stuck looking the wrong way? You are locking on to people right? If you launch a super and miss that's going to happen, but I'm not usually looking the wrong way.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

How do you preview? I didn't see a tooltip at the store.

I'm locking on, but it took me a while to get it working right and before that I got badly doubleteamed by Goku and Piccolo as they kept switching partners. I'm finding that it take a bit too long to adjust the bearing when my target moves around me.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay new multiverse is out and I'm having such a laugh at the tremendous amount of salt in the comments.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The comments' hateboner for Alternate Bra is pretty funny, but this is a little bit of a disappointing ending unless she does something particularly clever to finish Cold off.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That's pretty cheap, though.. I can't remember, has that come up before in the tournament? It feels cheaty..

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, that's just cheating. I'm sure the comments are so bad it doesn't even matter but I hope Bra gets her comeuppance for cheating.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not technically cheating by the established rules of the tournament or Cold's bet. But it's definitely cheating in terms of drama. I can deal with it as long as Bra's finisher is cool, though. Hope she doesn't just go "lol zenkai" and beat Cold up.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Wow, I expected harsh comments but some people way surpasses my expectations.

But yeah, I agree it'd be boring if that's how she wins, I hope the writer has something up his sleeve. Counting the one she was munching on the ground, aren't those too many senzu beans to eat so quickly? Yajirobe did that once and it wasn't very pleasant for him...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Petiso posted:

Wow, I expected harsh comments but some people way surpasses my expectations.

But yeah, I agree it'd be boring if that's how she wins, I hope the writer has something up his sleeve. Counting the one she was munching on the ground, aren't those too many senzu beans to eat so quickly? Yajirobe did that once and it wasn't very pleasant for him...

Nah. Earlier chapters established that Vegito, being a hyper-powered god-fusion with a crazy metabolism, wolfs down senzu beans by the fistful. Bra, being a single person but still born from Vegito, doesn't eat quite so many but still needs more than a normal human/saiyan/person/thing.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I mean this is a tournament where you can bring a sword, a remote that completely disables your opponent and a motherfucking kaiju in as weapons. I'm pretty sure it's within the rules.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I mean this is a tournament where you can bring a sword, a remote that completely disables your opponent and a motherfucking kaiju in as weapons. I'm pretty sure it's within the rules.

Those are weapons ,this is completely different especially with how saiyan biology works

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There is like one rule, and it's don't kill. Everything else is fair game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is like one rule, and it's don't kill. Everything else is fair game.

Nah, you can totally kill - albeit with the knowledge that the deceased get wished back with the Dragonballs when the organizers get around to it. Remember when Bojack snapped Pan's goddamn neck? And Cold was all set to chop Bra into kibbles.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I wonder if Yajirobi later took a HUGE DUMP? Or at least ripped some wicked-rear end farts like hurricane winds coming out of his rear end non-stop for hours? How come Toriyama never showed that????

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Blue Star posted:

I wonder if Yajirobi later took a HUGE DUMP? Or at least ripped some wicked-rear end farts like hurricane winds coming out of his rear end non-stop for hours? How come Toriyama never showed that????

It's not that type of manga.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bushmaori posted:

It's not that type of manga.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

I stand corrected.

How would sensu shits work anyway? Like a huge turd made out of bean paste?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad krllin beat the poor hygiene kungfu by not having a nose

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

i'm glad krllin beat the poor hygiene kungfu by not having a nose

Dragonball works on Looney Toons logic. Krillin was disabled by the smell until he remembered he didn't have a nose.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So in Xenoverse I've been dumping a lot of state points into ki blast supers, and my Galick Gun seems decent, but I have Vacation Delete as an ultimate and it seems comparively weak. Am I just using it wrong?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
All the beam supers in that game seem pretty bad from my experience. I ended up getting Big Bang and used that almost the entire game, along with Vacation Delete.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Big Bang is amazingly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Isnt Crusher Volcano super broken?

• Locked thread