Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZR1gSvnOI0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like this is a blood in the water kind of moment where Trump could rebound into something resembling a competitive race, or the bottom could completely fall out. The news media likes a horse race narrative, but they also like trainwrecks equally if not more so. I wonder if Hilldawg's team is trying to line up the killshot now.
Something to keep in mind is that journalists will be as lazy as they can get away with. Normally, that means trotting out "Democrats say this, and Republicans say that" instead of bothering to dig down into a topic to get to the truth of the matter. But, when it comes to Trump, he is such a trainwreck that it would take tremendous effort to actually spin things in a 'both sides are equal' kind of way. The easiest thing is to just write about the sights and smells of the burning wreckage.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Swedgin posted:

today is a new day for Donald "That baby was driving me crazy" Trump, a day in which he will begin his long and daunting climb out of the polling nadir, to sta

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/761524496734023681

oh

This is extremely my woke poo poo. MAGA, friend.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This video gets even better at 1.5x speed.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/761324148379512833

Can we start referring to Clinton as "the Democrats' Reagan", see where that takes us?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

i'm the steves

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
you ridiculous genius.

I am going to have to start doing heroin after the election to get a rush as good again aren't I?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Perfectly Safe posted:

Can we start referring to Clinton as "the Democrats' Reagan", see where that takes us?

I'd rather just call Trump the GOP's Mondale.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

lol i forgot the olympics start today. v weak of trump to hold a rally with pence opposite of the opening ceremony. change the schedule!

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Perfectly Safe posted:

Shallow actor candidate with brain problems?

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

FAUXTON posted:

I like your thinking.

DrPlump posted:

Shallow actor candidate with brain problems?

I like the fact that you try so hard.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

we need total and complete shutdown of Trump's campaign until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

I worked real hard to make this my twitter banner pic, but can only get ingrham and a bit of Trump's tie in the pic. What's the point then?!?!!

:effort:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

Leave it to Trump to make a garbage president look a hell of a lot more human in comparison.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-purple-heart-george-bush-perspec-20160803-story.html

Assuming Trump actually showed up to visit in the hospital, I have a feeling the encounters with family would be, uh, a little different.

GWB caused all sorts of trouble during his tenure, but I don't think anyone would accuse him of lacking the rumblings of a soul.

Great, great article.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm not American (god bless) so I don't know but are the Olympics actually that big a deal in the US? Do people really watch and follow them so intensely that it'll drown out other news coverage?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FAUXTON posted:

Goldwater II: Blowout Boogaloo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Antti posted:

I'm not American (god bless) so I don't know but are the Olympics actually that big a deal in the US? Do people really watch and follow them so intensely that it'll drown out other news coverage?

A lot of people do. The network carrying the Olympics will have nothing but Olympics while they're on. It's gross.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

lol i forgot the olympics start today. v weak of trump to hold a rally with pence opposite of the opening ceremony. change the schedule!

3 weeks of olympics should freeze time a bit and solidify this ridiculous lead Hillary has built up. Alternatively, without daily and sometimes hourly reminders, the goldfish memory of America might just end up forgetting everything Trump said in the past two weeks and the race reverts back to Hillary +3.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

prefect posted:

A lot of people do. The network carrying the Olympics will have nothing but Olympics while they're on. It's gross.

They're on the same timezone (give or take) this time around so maybe that'll contribute too? The opening ceremony's going to start at 2 AM where I live.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

"In the intelligence business, we would say that Mr. Putin had recruited Mr. Trump as an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation."

:drat:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Antti posted:

Eh, they get steady coverage in the news because some of our top athletes are kind of celebrities here. Folks like Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte, pretty much all of the US Women's Soccer team, some of the US Men's soccer team, a few gymnasts, etc. It definitely is something that draws attention away from Trump to some degree and he knows it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Antti posted:

sports + international competition + WE WIN EVERY loving TIME == peeps are gonna watch

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/761563428322480129

this doesn't sound that surprising to be honest

FAUXTON posted:

Eh, they get steady coverage in the news because some of our top athletes are kind of celebrities here. Folks like Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte, pretty much all of the US Women's Soccer team, some of the US Men's soccer team, a few gymnasts, etc. It definitely is something that draws attention away from Trump to some degree and he knows it.

you don't spend billions of dollars for rights in america for nothing

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Annual Prophet posted:

"In the intelligence business, we would say that Mr. Putin had recruited Mr. Trump as an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation."

:drat:

"In the intelligence business we would say that Mr. Trump has a secret supervillain base underneath an active volcano in the Pacific ocean because that's the level of sophistication that we usually operate on."

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

fart blood posted:

I really REALLY hope Assange doesn't leak anything. This downward spiral is too good.

This will be my constant fear until about 8pm EST on election day. Which is a goddamn shame, because as much as I'm enjoying the current Trumpster fire, I'd enjoy it even more if I didn't have this stupid cloud of dread hanging hanging over me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This is a bullshit article full of bullshit, but it at least made me find this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvibHN9qxu0

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

thanks new linkedin banner.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Timotheous Venture posted:

This will be my constant fear until about 8pm EST on election day. Which is a goddamn shame, because as much as I'm enjoying the current Trumpster fire, I'd enjoy it even more if I didn't have this stupid cloud of dread hanging hanging over me.

We can only hope that a new leak will hurt Clinton, but NOT help Trump. That's not impossible.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also they always schedule the conventions so they don't conflict with the olympics

between that and the fact then it's the last 2 weeks of summer things should thaw until after labor day

but who knows

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
That is an exquisite savaging right there.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Drunkboxer posted:

The fact that he hijacked one of our main political parties is already pretty bad and worth being worried about imo

Is it? Because the way I see it, he is exposing how the Republicans are the racist party in ways that I've never seen before. If they come back from this to 2020, that is the problem of Democrats though.

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Steve Roth is head of a big real estate trust
Harold Hamm is an oil and gas developer in the Bakken formation
Lorber is CEO of a holding company
Mnuchin worked for Goldman Sachs
Barrack founded one of Trump's SuperPACs and another real estate company
Calk is a bank CEO
John Paulson is a hedgefund manager and one of the main characters in 'The Big Short'
Beal is another bank chairman
Feinberg is also a hedgefund manager
Malpass was Chief Economist at Bear Stearns
There's already an article out about Navarro - http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-01/peter-navarro-is-the-economist-whose-ideas-guide-trump
Moore worked for the Heritage Foundation and the Cato Institute
DiMicco was CEO of a steel corporation, Nucor

Stephen Miller wrote for Breitbart
I thought Kowolski was the guy who got convicted as head of Tyco, but that's Kozlowski. My bad

tl;dr lots of bankers, hedge fund managers, and CEOs. Four guys named Steve and no women.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Even if she did have some kind of health issue and died, we'd end up with President Dad which would not be the worst thing ever

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SuperDucky posted:

I feel like I should probably frame this one, too.

Uhh is this real

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

misty mountaintop posted:

"In the intelligence business we would say that Mr. Trump has a secret supervillain base underneath an active volcano in the Pacific ocean because that's the level of sophistication that we usually operate on."

thank you for the rant

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Regular Nintendo posted:

Uhh is this real

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpOZVN4_Ihc

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Antti posted:

It's the only time I know I can watch track and field (or running in general) competitions on TV outside of extremely random occurrences, so I am pro-Olympics in that regard.

I was picking up a pizza a couple months ago and the place had a collegiate track championship meet on TV and if it had just been me I would have just sat there and ate my pizza there while watching.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Regular Nintendo posted:

Uhh is this real

There's a browser addon that adds quotes between "Donald" and "Trump".

• Locked thread