Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

this show blew my balls off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

i'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where a second season of this show owns nearly as hard as this one, though

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Demogorgon II: It's hammer time!!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

suck my drat balls

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
so it's a show that rubs your belly and tells you what a good boy you are for recognizing things from the 80s

loving sign me up

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I AM THE TOILET posted:

so it's a show that rubs your belly and tells you what a good boy you are for recognizing things from the 80s

loving sign me up

have you seen it the show? it's a lot of fun maybe you should try it sometime!!!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

http://i.imgur.com/f87xfWU.gifv

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:eyepop:

You are a beautiful human being.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i have watched this show

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Beautiful. This must be what Columbus felt like when he set his eyes on all those dumb soon-to-be-slaves on the idyllic beaches of the West Indies, just knowing he's gonna be rich as hell

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

you are a real human being and a real hero

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

ROFLburger posted:

i'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where a second season of this show owns nearly as hard as this one, though

Ya I can and it involves Will being able to at random at first switch between the real and the upside down and eventually being able to do it on command. That would be loving ace.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
this show was okay but not worth all the nerd jizz it caused

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

EvilJoven posted:

Ya I can and it involves Will being able to at random at first switch between the real and the upside down and eventually being able to do it on command. That would be loving ace.

ya okay great but whats the story about for the other 459 minutes whats the conflict?

read a book idiot

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

vols bitch posted:

nah, it was excellent, I know its declasse to like popular things, but some popular things are actually popular for good reason.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

vols bitch posted:

want some pudding?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ROFLburger posted:

ya okay great but whats the story about for the other 459 minutes whats the conflict?

read a book idiot

The interpersonal stress that this brings, especially when Mike has to come to terms with the object of his affections being a major part of the problem or when Will's mom has to deal with the fact that her son came back different than what she lost

The whole things is ripe with drama just waiting in the wings in a sensible and logical flow. Hell, they can even throw in some good John Hughes drama/self discovery with Nancy, John and the other kids at the high school and then put that on it's head by spinning some Carpenter in to it

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Ya just that one thing can def turn in to a whole other season of cool stuff to write and you're the loving moron if you can't see that.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

EvilJoven posted:

Ya just that one thing can def turn in to a whole other season of cool stuff to write and you're the loving moron if you can't see that.

NEWS FLASH

there are fuckloads of morons on this forum :smugdon:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im not an 80s kid but it was still a really good show and I actually liked how it gushed 80s feel (even in the title font)

ROFLburger posted:

read a book idiot

pretty sure 'kid gets stuck in alternate horror reality for days/weeks on end and comes back with some weirdo powers/insights and can't relate to regular people anymore' is fertile soil for all kinds of Stephen King books (in fact I'm p sure IT is basically that, juxtaposing the young and adult characters as it did)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

vols bitch posted:

Also the secret to enjoying anything ever is to not care about what other people think because guaranteed there's a horde of fans circlejerking over it that you want nothing at all to do with.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Moridin920 posted:

Also the secret to enjoying anything ever is to not care about what other people think because guaranteed there's a horde of fans circlejerking over it that you want nothing at all to do with.

Nerd circle jerk sounds pretty sweet to me :pervert:

But I knew nothing about the show before I watched it and it blew my loving mind. So maybe there's something to that although I hate to agree with moridin.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
did Matthew Modine and some of his cronies refer to a boy version of 011 at some point or did I imagine that?

there might be 10 other experiments that preceded 011

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I don't remember, but wasn't 11 a fluke while experimenting on adults? So the other ten would be adults.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Most of the time when goons gush so hard about a show you know the show is either just OK or bad (true detective, the wire..) but this time they were actually right. Not the best show ever but very good.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Murphy Brownback posted:

Most of the time when goons gush so hard about a show you know the show is either just OK or bad (true detective, the wire..) but this time they were actually right. Not the best show ever but very good.

I feel like I'm stepping into a troll trap, but The Wire? Just OK?

It's not like that was some cult hit only goons appreciated, it's widely considered excellent. And in a whole other league than Stranger Things, which, while totally entertaining, offers 0 insight into real life and teaches nothing about how to navigate reality.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Murphy Brownback posted:

BEST SHOW ON NOTTV FUCKMAN

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

A Strange Aeon posted:

I feel like I'm stepping into a troll trap, but The Wire? Just OK?

It's not like that was some cult hit only goons appreciated, it's widely considered excellent. And in a whole other league than Stranger Things, which, while totally entertaining, offers 0 insight into real life and teaches nothing about how to navigate reality.

I had to struggle through season 1 and decided a few episodes into 2 that I should stop watching something I'm not enjoying just because people on the internet say it's good. Also the intro song annoyed me a lot.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Murphy Brownback posted:

I had to struggle through season 1 and decided a few episodes into 2 that I should stop watching something I'm not enjoying just because people on the internet say it's good. Also the intro song annoyed me a lot.

shut up about the Omar show it is the best show and also this is not the Omar thread

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
this thread really should have spoilers in the title

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

City of Tampa posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

City of Tampa posted:

Barb dies

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

into a rage on tumblr about Nancy telling her to get bent for hot Steve action

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This show was great and got me to rewatch IT. TV ain't got no soul no more. Except for this, which does.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Stranger Things: Barb dies, Will comes back full of slugs, 011 disappears with Demigorgon.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They say if you can't do something original then do something familiar really well, which is exactly what this show did.

It's E.T-era Spielberg with a John Carpenter Akira/Silent Hill mash-up around the margins, and they actually managed to find decent child actors. Very worth a watch. A- overall, even if it feels like it doesn't quite get to being "next level" poo poo.

The next season basically has to be built around social paranoia and bodysnatcher poo poo, which is extra-solid as it'll be working with an established cast the audience knows and likes.

Oh and loving hardcore :lol: at anyone who says this show is like Stephen King. 80s King was way more vulgar than anything in here. Your average "Tales from the Darkside" episode is closer to Stephen King than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I hope that Will gradually gains control of his ability to switch between dimensions but then realizes that he's also slowly transforming into a Demigorgon.

• Locked thread