Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Jazu posted:

I was wondering what the staring at Cucumber's wand in the chapter title page was about. Are people super impressed by magic light for some reason?
Cucumber's wand has certainly been doing some crazy stuff in that it can absorb Disaster Master orbs for special powers. Maybe we're about to learn something more about it.

Heck, if I want to go out on a speculation limb here, the fact that he's a magic user unlike every other sword-using Legendary Hero suggests that it might even be the key to breaking the cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Don't forget that the Nightmare Knight bugged the gently caress out and cut their conversation short when he saw Cucumber holding/using it in the last chapter. So there's definitely something special to that wand, we just don't know exactly what it is yet.

E:

Paul.Power posted:

Heck, if I want to go out on a speculation limb here, the fact that he's a magic user unlike every other sword-using Legendary Hero suggests that it might even be the key to breaking the cycle.

Yeah, I think you're on to something just going by the reactions of other characters who probably know what's up.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 22, 2016

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

The Mentalizer posted:

Don't forget that the Nightmare Knight bugged the gently caress out and cut their conversation short when he saw Cucumber holding/using it in the last chapter. So there's definitely something special to that wand, we just don't know exactly what it is yet.

They got distracted by Almond though. The Nightmare Knight probably wanted to talk more.

About the wand also, but mostly just chat, you know? Cucumber seems like a nice boy. Good conversation holder.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

The Mentalizer posted:

Don't forget that the Nightmare Knight bugged the gently caress out and cut their conversation short when he saw Cucumber holding/using it in the last chapter.

Actually, NK was just as surprised by the existence of the wand as Cucumber was and seemed willing to do some brainstorming to figure out what it is when Almond came in and messed everything up. Like she always does.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Right, I forgot about Almond bulldozing Cucumber out of the diplomatic solution he was working on.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Aumanor posted:

Actually, NK was just as surprised by the existence of the wand as Cucumber was and seemed willing to do some brainstorming to figure out what it is when Almond came in and messed everything up. Like she always does.

I don't think that's true--to me it seemed like he recognized it, but had no idea how it could've found its way into Cucumber's possession.

Speaking of which: Saturday had the final disaster stone, the wand, and had just grabbed the Dream Sword. It's possible it's just because all three are priceless treasures, but all together there's a good chance she has some kind of agenda beyond rebellious princess-turned-thief. (Well, in addition to, since she also had all those Scrooge McDuck piles of gold.)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Paul.Power posted:

I think the wand is more an indication of how Cuco's temperament is key to breaking the cycle. For every cycle up to now we've had the Hero, a brash dipshit with a sword, and the Sidekick, a shy pacifist mage, but now that's inverted and it's gumming up the expected order of things. Almond's still doing her best to ruin everything, but even she's starting to come around to her brother's way of thinking about the whole conflict.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Is it just me or is there reason to believe that the antagonist of this arc is manipulating our heroes into a trap of some sort? Cucumber quest hasn't had a narrator before to the best of my knowledge

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Quakemaster, with the power to commentate over video games.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Pyroi posted:

Quakemaster, with the power to commentate over video games.

Nice try buddy, but we all know who the real Let's Play Master is.

https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/758140526423973888

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Part of me wants her to just be ignorant of Elvis rather than her not knowing because "why would they know earth culture?" because it's like a million times funnier.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well they are playing Earth's greatest achievement, Bubsy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blackheart posted:

Well they are playing Earth's greatest achievement, Bubsy.

Bubsy is a universal constant.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
The Elvis is from Doughnut Kingdom, c'mon guys.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Part of me wants her to just be ignorant of Elvis rather than her not knowing because "why would they know earth culture?" because it's like a million times funnier.
Especially since she's talking to Noisemaster.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Alopex posted:

The Elvis is from Doughnut Kingdom, c'mon guys.

What the gently caress is wrong with the bread in the title image? :barf:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

It looks like soda bread.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

branch out from white bread.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

do you go outside or just read web comics on the internet

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

The only problem is it's the wrong kind of sandwich for that bread. Something hearty like that I want to be more on the savory side than the sweetness you get from the bananas.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

The only problem is it's the wrong kind of sandwich for that bread. Something hearty like that I want to be more on the savory side than the sweetness you get from the bananas.

you could always opt for plantains and unsweetened peanut butter.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

I know everyone is already commenting on this. But it looks like maybe a wild-yeast sourdough, maybe whole wheat. Kinda hard to tell from that picture.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
gently caress now I want ciabatta

or a new character named ciabatta, that works too

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

:siren: hey kid need help cleaning your wand

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The clean wand is a fake, isn't it?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nah this is the upgrade to silver tier

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QuantaStarFire posted:

The clean wand is a fake, isn't it?

i think they accidentallly got the wand swapped with a similar one

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Two pushy oneesans offer to polish your wand; what do you do?

==> wake up in ditch missing wallet, kidney, wand

Tollymain posted:

Yeah, Cuco's has a knob on the end like some kinda baubles on the points of the outer star. This one doesn't, you can see it in the bin on the second to last page.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
e: nm, there were more pages.

But Cuco's wand is frequently drawn without the little orbs, so it's hard to say.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 4, 2016

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
One time two girls came up to me on the street and offered to polish my wand for free, and the people I was with forced me to go along with it. Then they pulled my wand away from me and threw it in a washing machine.

I was in the hospital for weeks. My "friends" thought it was hilarious.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"Using the remains of sentient beings as weapons feels wrong" "No, it's good" is a red flag of some kind, yeah.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Later, Cordelia steals the fake wand thinking it's the real thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tollymain posted:

"Accidentally"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

"Accidentally"

there's little question marks over cinnabar's head after she pulled it out of the bin

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Two pushy oneesans offer to polish your wand; what do you do?

==> wake up in ditch missing wallet, kidney, wand

Yeah, Cuco's has a knob on the end like some kinda baubles on the points of the outer star. This one doesn't, you can see it in the bin on the second to last page.

My interpretation was the bin shot was showing the little baubles falling off (because of the emphasis on the three little shiny baubles clacking away from the wand as it lands). Like, as if they washed the new powers clean off the wand.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I really hope it wasn't swapped because, honestly, I'm getting a little tired of the "important artifact was stolen from under the heroes' noses" plot point.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Poison Mushroom posted:

I really hope it wasn't swapped because, honestly, I'm getting a little tired of the "important artifact was stolen from under the heroes' noses" plot point.

I kinda agree. The heroes have had this happen before and have run into Cosmo multiple times at this point, so sabotage should be suspected.

Need a twist on the formula lest your heroes look like idiots.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I would be fine with the switch if it was a setup for a completely different situation, like Cordelia steals the now fake wand, runs away cackling, and the two wand ladies show up again right after and give Cucumber the correct wand back. I think that would be funny.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
God I hope the shocking twist is that this has, in fact, not happened.

*this being the blatantly obvious nefarious weapon polish heist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Need a twist on the formula lest your heroes look like idiots.

Too late.

The heroes were firmly established as idiots when Almond got characterized as "thinking is for wussies, act like a jackass instead" while Cucumber was characterized as "I know what we're doing won't work but I'm too meek and spineless to put my foot down and wrangle the rest of my team of jabronis into looking for a real solution".