Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'd like to see a behind-the-scenes-at-Asylum movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Professor Shark posted:

I'd like to see a behind-the-scenes-at-Asylum movie

I hear there's a bunch of documentaries about Troma Films but I haven't got around to watching any of them, they must be similarly fascinating.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

I mean, they remade the loving Lone Ranger, why not the rocketeer

cant wait for the ultra gritty remake of The Great Train Robbery

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Y-Hat posted:

as we speak, ghostbusters 2016 is being pushed outside of the memory of most of the american public like every other mediocre forgettable remake of the last few years. so yeah, it's definitely just a movie
I enjoy remembering ghostbusters 2016 because it helps remind me that the internet is stupid and doesn't matter

JediTalentAgent posted:

"Chinese Movie" is my suggestion: A parody of the increased focus in movies to be appealing to the Chinese market with the ironic twist that the film itself will not be shown in China despite technically doing everything such a movie would need to do.

Yessssss.

Every time there's an action scene, the characters rip 20 pages from the script and the plot completely changes. All dialogue between the heroes is just repeating the exposition / summarizing events that have already happened. but at the end they all say "ok that's decided then. time to get to work" despite never coming up with a plan. and the climactic battle features the glorious PLA marching onto the screen to help win the fight.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ultrabindu posted:

Where can I get a copy of this film?

Also try to find Black Dynamite. I think the key to a good parody/satire is 'does the director get it?'

The GB2016 people definitely did not.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

red19fire posted:

Also try to find Black Dynamite. I think the key to a good parody/satire is 'does the director get it?'

The GB2016 people definitely did not.

Black Dynamite is such a great parody of Blaxploitation. Hell, the trailer is funnier than the whole of Ghostbusters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Y24a0cyCE

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Like, no poo poo, Black Dynamite is one of the funniest loving movies I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCdfHQT4YiY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykFpD6snX0

It's a parody where the writer\director just get it, and have a true fondness for the stuff they're spoofing. Black Dynamite has a feel of authenticity to it.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, you have poo poo like Kung Fury that isn't funny, contains no jokes and is like an 80s movie from the lens of someone who has never actually seen any 80s movies

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

kung pow was pretty good as well. it did have a stupid parody of Neo dodging bullets in it, but so did every bit of pop culture around that time

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Pootie Tang was also good in my opinion, and also did a bullet dodging thing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Danger 5 and Italian Spiderman are also pretty good. They don't have as many laugh out loud moments as Black Dynamite, but few things do. I mean, that movie is probably the funniest spoof I've ever seen that isn't a Mel Brooks movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z09bNgSeMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zen_zRmbKaM

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

I will need to catch Danger 5. Question, though, why did that eagle steal Number 6's look from The Prisoner?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Like, no poo poo, Black Dynamite is one of the funniest loving movies I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCdfHQT4YiY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykFpD6snX0

It's a parody where the writer\director just get it, and have a true fondness for the stuff they're spoofing. Black Dynamite has a feel of authenticity to it.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, you have poo poo like Kung Fury that isn't funny, contains no jokes and is like an 80s movie from the lens of someone who has never actually seen any 80s movies

gently caress you Kung Fury owns

It's a bit too long though, even at 30 minutes

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

ah that's where this is from

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Thank you. It's like when I see kids making Vaporwave art and I point out "y'know there's more to the aesthetic than just teal and hot pink right?" ":smug: You clearly don't 'get it'"

I don't care if people want to do their own dumb poo poo that's vaguely inspired by some prior decade's aesthetic, but if you're going to act like you're making a "lost piece of history" then you have to put some legwork in.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PassTheRemote posted:

I will need to catch Danger 5. Question, though, why did that eagle steal Number 6's look from The Prisoner?

Season 1 of Danger 5 is a spoof of 60s spy shows, like for example The Prisoner, so it's very intentional

I liked Season 1's 60s spoofs more than Season 2's 80s spoofs, in part because the characters were less depressing in it and in part because 80s spoofs are kind of played out

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So is melissa mccarthy good at improv elsewhere

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Don Tacorleone posted:

No, it's loving awful. It's one joke that is stretched out for 30 minutes. It works as a trailer, but anything longer than that wears out its welcome. It's 30 minutes of "Hey, look, it's some wacky zany 80s references! Herp derp! Remember the 80s? Laugh at this, you drooling retards!"

loquacius posted:

Season 1 of Danger 5 is a spoof of 60s spy shows, like for example The Prisoner, so it's very intentional

I liked Season 1's 60s spoofs more than Season 2's 80s spoofs, in part because the characters were less depressing in it and in part because 80s spoofs are kind of played out

Yeah, Season 2 of Danger 5 is considerably less good, but the commercials at the end of the episodes are funny, especially Baby Hitler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uuP5u3zsyE

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Don Tacorleone posted:

kung fury is loving terrible and turbo kid shoulda got all the internet hype instead.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

kung fury is loving terrible and turbo kid shoulda got all the internet hype instead.

Turbo Kid is IMO how you make a movie that is an homage to a genre of the 80's, in particular 80's Mad Max ripoffs. It was so much fun, more so than Kung Fury's 30 minute "THE 80'S" Plastered all over the screen.

loquacius posted:

I understand now, I can dig it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Danger 5 and Italian Spiderman are also pretty good. They don't have as many laugh out loud moments as Black Dynamite, but few things do. I mean, that movie is probably the funniest spoof I've ever seen that isn't a Mel Brooks movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z09bNgSeMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zen_zRmbKaM

Danger 5 is one of those shows where the details are great but the show itself is just okay. I love everything about it, but can't seem to really get into the show.

I love how many scenes are so thick with smoke because everyone smokes cigarettes that it obscures the actors.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Make another dicky Roberts thanks in advance mods

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Reads a Hollywood remake thread but doesn't mess w the zohan

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Remake ghostbusters but with all women

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Even slimer haha gross

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Make a sexy slimer woman haha gross no way they'd do it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Paul feig is scared of the symbolic power of a sexy slimer woman

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

The worlds not ready to be turned on its head *ctrl f's woman slimer and replaces each instance with a queef joke*

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Suicide Squad's opening weekend domestic box office is set to beat Ghostbusters total domestic sales.

What a time to be alive.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Suicide Squad's opening weekend domestic box office is set to beat Ghostbusters total domestic sales.

What a time to be alive.

That's pretty sad, the theater I saw Suicide Squad in was only half full, and the best response I heard outside was "that was alright"

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
It's the very definition of bland

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

What a time to be alive.

My guess it will have something akin to a 70% drop off next weekend. Still might end up beating Sausage Party, though.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i hope sausage party bombs incredibly hard. I want Seth Rogen to stop making money that he does not deserve

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only ads I've seen for Sausage Party were ones that said it had michael cera and seth rogen in it. also it bragged about being an R-rated animated movie as if that's a completely novel concept. i'm not gonna be watching that poo poo

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

What a time to be alive.
jared leto already got prodromal schizophrenia from getting too deep into his role. if this gets a sequel he might have to be committed

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

BillmasterCozb posted:

i hope sausage party bombs incredibly hard. I want Seth Rogen to stop making money that he does not deserve

it currently has a 100% on rotten tomatoes

out of 8 reviews

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's the very definition of bland

It's proof that marketing works, and all you have to do is throw a classic song over a trailer and the people will show up in droves.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

all the reviews i read said that suicide squad is a clusterfuck when it comes to plot

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Cowman posted:

it currently has a 100% on rotten tomatoes

out of 8 reviews

can you hire critics to give your movie a good review like restaurants on yelp

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

all the reviews i read said that suicide squad is a clusterfuck when it comes to plot

idiots who loved batman vs superman, do not like this. WB hosed up hard

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

WB has no idea what to do with superhero movies outside of making them dark and (man i hate this word) brooding. for god's sake, they're giving Aquaman that treatment. this hasn't translated into a good movie since The Dark Knight

they should take a break to recalibrate their cinematic universe before they shoot themselves in the foot even more. they won't, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Y-Hat posted:

WB has no idea what to do with superhero movies outside of making them dark and (man i hate this word) brooding. for god's sake, they're giving Aquaman that treatment. this hasn't translated into a good movie since The Dark Knight

they should take a break to recalibrate their cinematic universe before they shoot themselves in the foot even more. they won't, obviously

I noticed this too

they know everyone thinks aquaman is goofy as gently caress, so they're swinging super hard in the other, hardcore direction

This ain't yo momma's Aquaman, boyyy

• Locked thread