Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Majuju posted:

15:22 GG

Now if they can just do that 2 more times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lmao notail

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Stallion Cabana posted:

So I am an incredibly non-serious DoTA viewer (not even player, really), who is only really watching Stream 1 rather then jumping around to find the best games, but as I'm watching this Wings/Navi thing I'm starting to wonder why Huskar wasn't banned here or whatever. From what the casters have said both this tournament and the last one I remember, Huskar is still really good, and I haven't seen a team with him lose yet; though I may have missed it.

I know what he does and I get that he's strong, but what are appropriate counters for him, or, failing that, why would people leave him up at all to let him be taken when the end result always seems to be him destroying everything.

Like I said I'm supremely uninformed so I"m not like trying to go 'man I'm so smarter then these pro dota players', but rather I'm trying to understand their choices to learn a bit more about what I'm watching.

Arteezy went 4/9 on a Huskar yesterday but yeah I'm not sure why Wings let it through. Maybe they just forgot or they read this forum and decided Na'Vi can't beat them.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sillybones posted:

That was great. Worst stomp ti6?

DC were close against Newbee with 16:41 but yeah

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
EG looking good against LGD after some bad early plays

https://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_3

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Wings hosed up letting Huskar through against their no control draft and then just went and doubled down by not skilling unstable concoction?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also Huskar is 7-7 so far so it's far from a sure thing. You know who hasn't lost a match at TI this year? Sniper. :colbert:

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

So I am an incredibly non-serious DoTA viewer (not even player, really), who is only really watching Stream 1 rather then jumping around to find the best games, but as I'm watching this Wings/Navi thing I'm starting to wonder why Huskar wasn't banned here or whatever. From what the casters have said both this tournament and the last one I remember, Huskar is still really good, and I haven't seen a team with him lose yet; though I may have missed it.

I know what he does and I get that he's strong, but what are appropriate counters for him, or, failing that, why would people leave him up at all to let him be taken when the end result always seems to be him destroying everything.

Like I said I'm supremely uninformed so I"m not like trying to go 'man I'm so smarter then these pro dota players', but rather I'm trying to understand their choices to learn a bit more about what I'm watching.

I tried posting this before but it didnt show up, so forgive me if there's some weird issue and this becomes a double post.

Navi first banned Oracle, which at the moment is a hero that has been pairing with Huskar a LOT. This is just a guess, but I think Wings decided based off of that, that Navi was trying to keep Huskar out of the game entirely.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
EG just survived a teamfight after Void Universe got trashed :eyepop:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pub invis strats going on

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
10 sentry wards placed by PPD against a BH :roflolmao:

GG

EG 1-0 LGD

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
EG look like they are firing on all cylinders right now.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Alliance :sigh:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This is a real comfort draft for the wings gaming. And by that I mean almost everyone is on a hero with a sub-10% pick rate.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

COMEBACK

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Has anyone run Veil Mirana so far?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Zurreco posted:

Has anyone run Veil Mirana so far?

I saw a couple at Starladder iirc but I don't think there's been more than maybe two at TI6

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
jesus christ s4 ahahaha

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

looks like miranas are just building ethereal/dagon more than veil now, at least in the group stages

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
awwwwww man that miracle play was like watching fireworks

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Miracle's keyboard is melting

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
cr1t :swoon:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I miss datdota real bad :(

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Stallion Cabana posted:

Huskar has a 46% winrate so far in the groups; check out the games with Huskar here http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/124/matches?hero=huskar

He's a classic snowball hero; if you're ahead of the other team, the magic resistance, stacking burning spear damage, and his closing ability end up being too much for an under leveled team. If you're behind, then the other team starts being able to deal with his damage over time (mek, pipe) and Physical damage (his counter) becomes stronger as the opposing carries get items.

Didn't see Wings Navi but looking at the dotabuff there were a lot of early kills for Navi that enabled the snowball...Wings probably didn't realize that their lanes needed to be stronger before they last picked that Alche (who is a really bad laner vs. Huskar). Lifestealer is really good vs. Huskar (another reason Wings thought they were probably covered vs. a Huskar pick) but when you give up a bunch of kills before the 5 minute mark he's going to be playing from behind.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Navi has played on radiant so often that I now just assume they're always the radiant team even when information to the contrary is right in front of my face.

"Triple kill for Ditty Ra. But why are three of his teammates dead?"

I think he means why did they get stomped by it in game one and not bother to ban it in game two. It's because they banned Wisp and Navi banned Oracle and that's basically it for the best Sonneiko heroes to match with a Huskar.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 5, 2016

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
loving this Esc v A game honestly

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Escape v Alliance is some good bad dota

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
some very bad ships by alliance, compared to fly it seems like a me-too pick

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

mikeraskol posted:

EG look like they are firing on all cylinders right now.

My ability to gently caress up EG by posting something good about them is unparalleled.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

navi 2-0 wings :shittypop:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
navi back

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
People should just stop giving Navi Sand King.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Undying is cool I'm glad people are picking him.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
are wings like the most inconsistent team on the planet or what lol

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

lurksion posted:

People should just stop giving Navi Sand King.

You shut your mouth. I want Navi to break the losing streak they've been on vs OG so bad.

EDIT: Also, Navi vs Wings finished both games and Alliance vs Escape is still on the first.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

not while secret remain free of turkish traitor prison

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

yes

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe