Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

I, INinja132, oath to paint one Puma Armoured Car (28mm) from Warlord Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
I oath to rescue this blue wizard dude from Reaper Bones in 28mm

Dimo ArKacho fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 4, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You can claim him for your rescue figure, I think.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I oath (kinda sorta maybe) this blue wizard dude from Reaper Bones in 28mm

The maybe comes from the fact that I did a sepia wash on this guy a while ago, and then never painted him. Is it ok to oath from here, or should I just strip and reprime him? It's literally the only thing that happened to him.
Yes, you can oath it for the It's a Rescue! achievement.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Electric Hobo posted:

Yes, you can oath it for the It's a Rescue! achievement.

Fixed, although I don't think it matters really. Thanks for the clarification.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

JerryLee posted:

Clarification on the challenge, can we paint a source of glowing heat (fire, molten metal, etc.) even if we don't do proper OSL?

The oath thread is usually super chill and cool about stuff like this but I figure it doesn't hurt to make sure.

The theme challenge is just that, so yeah you're good!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I, forums user tallkidwithglasses, oath to paint this here warshrine from eBay, originally from GW this month

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of August 2 Privateer Press Firefly light jacks.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath one Privateer Press Warmachine Mercenaries Rover Heavy Warjack for August

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath five (5) AWI Continental Infantry for August. 28mm. Perry Brothers.

Germ
May 7, 2013

I love all of the terrain oaths from last month! I'll collate all of the prize draw entries over the next several days and should have them posted to be double-checked next week. After that... The prize draw!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hello Oathers!

I...have been super busy since the start of July, so massive, huge apologies for not popping in sooner. To explain very briefly, July had 5 weekends, and I was away on multi-day work weekends for 3 of those weekends - and I'm away *again* for an even longer weekend next week. And again later this month and a couple more times in October. No rest for the wicked!

The result was that for most of July there were Oaths that didn't get approved, questions that weren't answered and I'm sure a few of you good folks were wondering what was going on. But I see lots of people still Oathin' and paintin' like the good people you all are, so you're still chugging along!

So there will be a hopefully welcome change - Zark the Damned will expand his spreadsheet-keeping duties and take on the role of approving Oaths! This includes basically just making sure the Oaths are OK, have the time stamp, correct number of colors and all that, and then adding that straight into the spreadsheet. That should speed things along and keep anyone new from wondering if it's OK to start painting.

That still leaves things like prizes to be sent out, which is all down to me, as I physically have most of the prizes that need to get sent out, and I need to contact the sponsors for season 6 to make sure they're going to hold up their promise to send out sweet gamer swag. So when I return and have time at home I'll be packing up more stuff and taking it to the post office to a) get piles of stuff out of my house! and b) get piles of stuff out to you guys!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And with that said...

CommissarRed posted:

I, CommissarRed, oath these 4 Gnoll dudes from Northstar for the month of August!

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath Dr. Arkadius, 6 Farrow Bone Grinders, and 2 Razor Boars, all from Privateer Press' Minions faction for the month of August.

Irate Tree posted:

:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs: I, Irate Tree, Oath One Young Male Traveling Mage, from Dark Sword Miniatures, for the month of August :shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:

I believe he's 32mm true scale?

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 5 Invictus Suzerians for August (Forgeworld, 28mm)

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, Oath 6 Isorian Phase Troopers and an Isorian Support Weapon team, and 3 Ghar Assault suits and 3 Battle suits, all from Warlord's Gates of Antares range, all in 28mm.

Lets get some Gates of Antares forces painted.

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint the Fire Giant, Thor, Loki and Frigga in August. Still Blood Rage, still by CMoN.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Empire Wizard, five Black Knights, three Canine Remains and ten Skeleton Warriors. Everything is 28mm GW, except Canine Remains are Wyrd Miniatures bizarro scale (32mm I presume)

Grey Hunter posted:

I grey Hunter Oath the following - 25 US Infantry, 3 US Field Guns, 15 Lobotron Slicers and 15 Lobotron Blasters - all 15mm by the now defunct Alien Dungeon, but soon to be relaunched by Iornclad games, so now I'm all confused.

JackMack posted:

I, JackMack, oath five Scavengers by Copplestone Castings

jubelio posted:

I, Jubelio, oath to paint this Privateer Press Menoth Vanquisher

Korwen posted:

I, Korwen, oath 10 Idrian Skirmishers with Unit Attachment (12 models total) and a Vigilant Light Warjack, all by Privateer Press

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Privateer Press stuff for August:
1 Titan Cannoneer (50mm)
5 Ferox (well, the Ferox riders mounted on GW Dark Elf Cold Ones) (50mm)
1 Paingiver Master Tormentor (30mm)

Endman posted:

Haha, whoops. I should have remembered that.

Here you go:

Arson Fire posted:

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint an Ablobination, Scowl, and Grin, in the month of August (Zombicide Black Plague, CMON, 28mm)

Scowl is great fun in zombicide. Last time I played, the other heroes were all doing their best to get him killed. Being batman, he didn't kill a single zombie all game. Just ran around grabbing items for his utility belt and swooping off into the night.
Somehow they still won. A perfect score for team batman.

glitchkrieg posted:

I, Glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Fanatics for the month of August!

Uroboros posted:

My bad.

I, UROBOROS, oath 10 tactical marines.

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Alchemist's Guild "Smoke" from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball.

Between two shows I'm doing, I basically don't exist for the month of August haha. So going for a light oath in an effort not to drive myself crazy with my one free night a week.

GoodBee posted:

I, GoodBee, oath three Reaper Fire Wizards.

I was going to just do one but I may never get around to painting the other two if I don't oath them all. Plus I couldn't decide.

INinja132 posted:

I, INinja132, oath to paint one Puma Armoured Car (28mm) from Warlord Games

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I oath to rescue this blue wizard dude from Reaper Bones in 28mm

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I, forums user tallkidwithglasses, oath to paint this here warshrine from eBay, originally from GW this month

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of August 2 Privateer Press Firefly light jacks.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one Privateer Press Warmachine Mercenaries Rover Heavy Warjack for August

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath five (5) AWI Continental Infantry for August. 28mm. Perry Brothers.

All approved! (I think I got them all but if your oath is missing let me know)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Oh no no no, you're not done yet Zark, you still need to go back and approve all the July oaths as well :colbert:

:v:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

Oh no no no, you're not done yet Zark, you still need to go back and approve all the July oaths as well :colbert:

:v:

:)

I'm happy to give everyone is pass on July, but if anyone wants, I'll go through every July post as pennance!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

If it helps, there's a list of them https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=14

:downs:

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

krushgroove posted:

:)

I'm happy to give everyone is pass on July, but if anyone wants, I'll go through every July post as pennance!

probably not necessary, but it would be cool if you updated the grab bag stock.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's not a hazing for the new guy if you offer to do it for him!

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of August

4 Hexagonal containers, 2 Hexagonal half-containers, 1 Microwave Array, 1 Lightning Cannon, 1 Control Room kit, and 1 Planetary Gate kit by Underground Lasers (28mm)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, glitchkrieg, oath 6 Frostgrave Treasure Tokens (North Star Figures) for the month of August

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

It's not a hazing for the new guy if you offer to do it for him!

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of August

4 Hexagonal containers, 2 Hexagonal half-containers, 1 Microwave Array, 1 Lightning Cannon, 1 Control Room kit, and 1 Planetary Gate kit by Underground Lasers (28mm)

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath 6 Frostgrave Treasure Tokens (North Star Figures) for the month of August

Approved! Though for future oaths, please ensure the American Samoa title is visible, glitchkrieg :)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved! Though for future oaths, please ensure the American Samoa title is visible, glitchkrieg :)

Will do, sorry!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Another WIP update:

I decided to be super boring with the shield so I could try out something I've never done before and add scratches and a couple of chips.

I'm pleased with the colour though. It contrasts nicely with the green grass and nothing says "Roman" more than bright red.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I, Yeast, Oath to paint for the month of August, a Forge World Night Lords Contemptor Dreadnought

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

WIP update - base coats and washes.

Can you only claim each achievement once? I might stop the WIP so I can do it with something more interesting.

hexa fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 6, 2016

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Edit: removed due to confusion over how to complete an oath :v:

hexa fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 6, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeast posted:

I, Yeast, Oath to paint for the month of August, a Forge World Night Lords Contemptor Dreadnought

Approved!

glitchkrieg posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming I rolled a 6! as they're treasure markers for Frostgrave, and Speed Painting:

Your Oath's not complete, you also Oathed 2 Fanatics :colbert: - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=70764#post462793980

Remember, it's one completion post for everything you do in the month :)

glitchkrieg posted:

Can you only claim each achievement once? I might stop the WIP so I can do it with something more interesting.

Technically you can claim each achievement every month, but you'll only get credit and the point for the first time :)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

Your Oath's not complete, you also Oathed 2 Fanatics :colbert: - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=70764#post462793980

Remember, it's one completion post for everything you do in the month :)

Ah. Still new to this, hence all the mistakes. I've got to blackline the Fanatics and then they're ready. That said, I'll probably be adding more to my oath as I've cleared through these two so quickly, and I've got something for the flame challenge...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for the Month of August 8 dwarf Shieldbreakers by Mantic

I'm using 8-figure troops in KoW terms. Which means after this batch I only have 12 more troops to do by November... plus war machines.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath three Malifaux models from Wyrd Games. Left to right is Iggy (Neverborn), Master Queeg (Guild), and Brutal Emissary (Guild).

(I trust the flash has not obscured enough of the datestamp, bad lighting in here).

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of August a Wyrd Games Malifaux Mechanical Rider

I've glued some sprue to the rider so I can have something to hold while painting; normally I just blu-tack the base onto an old paint pot, but I'm painting her seperately from the horse so I can try to get into all the details.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for the Month of August 8 dwarf Shieldbreakers by Mantic

I'm using 8-figure troops in KoW terms. Which means after this batch I only have 12 more troops to do by November... plus war machines.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath three Malifaux models from Wyrd Games. Left to right is Iggy (Neverborn), Master Queeg (Guild), and Brutal Emissary (Guild).

(I trust the flash has not obscured enough of the datestamp, bad lighting in here).

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of August a Wyrd Games Malifaux Mechanical Rider

I've glued some sprue to the rider so I can have something to hold while painting; normally I just blu-tack the base onto an old paint pot, but I'm painting her seperately from the horse so I can try to get into all the details.

Approved!

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I, Luebbi, oath for August 12 Legion of Everblight Swordsmen!

I stupidly forgot to take the picture before applying the foundation for the rock bases, but I seem to recall that bases don't count as part of the miniature, so I hope the oath will get accepted... would be very annoying if these ten minutes of painting would invalidate my oath :(

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
August oath: A Mountain King
Privateer Press

This is my It's a Rescue!, I airbrushed the base layers some time ago then it sat in my closet while I worked on other projects... until now.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath for August: Four Abyssals and one Efreet, for Mantic's Dungeon Saga boardgame

I think everything is legible, but let me know if there's a problem, obvs

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, oath for August 12 Legion of Everblight Swordsmen!

I stupidly forgot to take the picture before applying the foundation for the rock bases, but I seem to recall that bases don't count as part of the miniature, so I hope the oath will get accepted... would be very annoying if these ten minutes of painting would invalidate my oath :(

No problem with the bases as far as I'm concerned.

Red Shoe posted:

August oath: A Mountain King
Privateer Press

This is my It's a Rescue!, I airbrushed the base layers some time ago then it sat in my closet while I worked on other projects... until now.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath for August: Four Abyssals and one Efreet, for Mantic's Dungeon Saga boardgame

I think everything is legible, but let me know if there's a problem, obvs

All approved!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Can I (ab)use It's a Rescue to overpaint prepainted minis without bothering to prime them?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Posting a WIP of the dread.

Base coated and tinted, and starting work on the detail.

I'm pretty happy with the flayed flesh.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Another WIP shot:

I love this guy's face; he has such a wonderful bored and disdainful expression. Very Roman.

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Endman posted:

Another WIP shot:

I love this guy's face; he has such a wonderful bored and disdainful expression. Very Roman.

Funny because in the late empire this guy would probably be a German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

Broguts posted:

Funny because in the late empire this guy would probably be a German.

Greek, actually. I've decided to paint these guys as the Lanciarii Stobenses, a unit that may (because it's impossible to be certain) have been mustered in Macedonia.

That said, the idea of what it means to be "Roman" had changed a lot by the time this soldier would have seen service in the 4th century. Being Roman just meant living within the Empire, rather than the city itself, which was in drastic decline.

• Locked thread