Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just got this email from MFL:

quote:

I Paid What For Who? Commissioner News - NFL Draft and Rookie Update
Don't want email from MyFantasyLeague.com? Click here to unsubscribe from all emails.

We hope you enjoyed the NFL draft this past weekend! It is always exciting to get some clarity for all of the rookie situations after the players are selected. As always, we update all of the players in our system immediately after each night of the draft, so as of Sunday morning, you should now see all of the NFL rookies from all 7 rounds of the draft in your leagues.

We also wanted to let you know about a new feature we added to the system that gives your league the option to exclude the rookie players from waivers. This is especially useful for dynasty leagues that plan to conduct a rookie only draft later in the year, but still want to allow waivers to run in the meantime.

The new option is on the For Commissioners > Setup > Waivers/Free Agents Setup screen near the bottom. It is called "Prevent Rookie Players from being acquired via Waivers" and it defaults to "No". If you change it to "Yes", then rookie players will not show up to be selected in your waiver selection lists. If you do use this new option, be sure to change it back to "No" after your rookie draft is completed later in the off-season.

This means that, once I have all the teams built, everyone has their accounts, etc., if we wanted to we could turn on trading and waivers while excluding rookies. I am not in favor of doing that, for reasons already stated, but I figured it was worth pointing out that it's at least an option.

Please hold off on Paypal/paying up your dues till I have that sorted out, too. I want to actually pay for the MFL league and be 100% sure of what that costs so I can add that to everyone's dues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Oh hey stuff happening

Somewhere I have a database of every players espn tracked stats for the entire season (for each game). I'll try and find it tomorrow and we can then trivially look at all sorts of different scoring factors and whatever

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i found a sqlite database of uhhh a lot of stats from apparently quite a few seasons if any of yall are interested in messing with that just holler

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Potentially very useful!

I went ahead and purchased our league on MFL, for the discounted price of $34.95.

I'm going to start putting in all the owners, teams, and players. I plan to use the same emails for you guys that I have on file from last year: if your email address has changed or you want me to use a different one, please let me know ASAP. You can email me at my user name at gmail.com, or PM me, or post it here.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CHECK YOUR EMAILS

Everyone should receive an email from MFL, which will include your password in order to log in to our league and take control of your team. MFL just made a new thing where you have a real account and can have multiple teams in different leagues attached to it, so if you already used MFL in the past, you probably want to go through that process too.

I am adding players next, please don't gently caress around with your roster or something before that, but feel free to do whatever other customization to your teams the site allows. I don't know, icons? Whatever.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rosters are filled out. I had to add players and then move them to IR, so I had to temporarily make rosters 25 slots. The league seems to be spamming the poo poo out of everyone for all of those IR moves, sorry about that. Please do change your notificaiton settings as needed.

Also please check your rosters for any errors. I'm going to figure out the salaries for the new season and then add those in next.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My team is correct.

Now that dudes are healthy we're going to have to drop people to make room on our rosters for IR players unless we have some kind of taxi squad for rookies and other dudes.

I really hate how the team abbreviations are all 3 letters. NOS instead of NO. NEP instead of NE. If anyone finds a way to fix that in settings let me know.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I went looking for a MFL app (Android) and found something called MFL Platinum. Is this legit? Does anyone else use it?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/support?L=79286&SEARCH=android

quote:

Answer: Yes! Due to our developer's program, a few third parties have written applications for Android phones and tablets, as well as Kindles.

MFL Platinum 2015 - owners can view live scores, set lineups, post/reply to messages, view standings, read player news for all their leagues and more! The same application is available for the Amazon Kindle, too! This app has already been updated for 2015.
MFL Fantasy Football 2015 (This app has not yet been updated for 2016)
MFL Manager Free is a free Android App. (This app has not yet been updated for 2016)
Fantasy Suite (This app has not yet been updated for 2016)
My Fantasy League Tracker (This app has not yet been updated for 2016)

So yeah, I guess its legit. I think it's $3 or something (according to reviews) and you have to buy it every year. It says free, but it's trialware. The trialware one is MFL Fantasy Football 201x

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 6, 2016

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Thanks!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This finals week so if this email I got needs to be taken care of before next friday then can someone tell me what to do if not I'll look into it then

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Metapod posted:

This finals week so if this email I got needs to be taken care of before next friday then can someone tell me what to do if not I'll look into it then

Nah you can wait. I still have a significant amount of league setup work to do. Someone can double-check your roster but it looks right to me.

Spermy Smurf posted:

My team is correct.

Now that dudes are healthy we're going to have to drop people to make room on our rosters for IR players unless we have some kind of taxi squad for rookies and other dudes.

I really hate how the team abbreviations are all 3 letters. NOS instead of NO. NEP instead of NE. If anyone finds a way to fix that in settings let me know.

It looks like during the offseason MFL doesn't use IR or Out statuses, everyone who was injured is Questionable. Fortunately, I have control over what status players can be in order to be put in IR, so I can set it to be wide open for now. I don't think anyone should drop, trade, or add players until we have confirmed things are working correctly, and then given everyone a reasonable notice that we're going to open things up for that.

I discovered kazak_Hstan has PMs now, so I sent him a PM last night. He's regularly posting on SA so he's not dead, chances are good his spam filter is catching my emails or something.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ok if you're a nerd here's a sqlite database https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51738941/database.db the tables are pretty self explanatory i think

it looks like some parts are incomplete though so idk

oh i think "contest" might just be week i thought it was related to the matches table

Bloody fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 7, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah that's cool and all but maybe a little more than I'm ready to futz around with.

...instead I'm exploring Google Sheets rabbit holes. I can import player salaries into MFL, but it wants a list of just names with their salaries. So I'm putting together a sheet that automatically pulls only the players who currently have salaries from all of the team tabs. I only need this once, so I should just do it manually, but it occurred to me that it'd be interesting to see a list of players and their salaries anyway, so why not?

I'm also tweaking the scoring on MFL to try and get it aligned with our current scoring. Unfortunately if I change a score setting (for example, I just removed an entry that was awarding players 3 points for recovering their own fumbles) I have to wait until MFL does a batch re-run of the scoring for 2015, before I can go and compare scores again and see if I've got it right. Basically I'm looking at individual players' scores in specific games last year and comparing between the two sites. Every discrepancy represents something that's not right on the MFL side.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
being able to have a franchise sound is game changing

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The helmets are all pretty awesome too. Especially the 'HD' ones with college cheerleaders on them.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I finally logged into the thing. Which skin is the least bad

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So I think we should remove the helmets and poo poo.

Also please dont change your names I just barely figured out who you assholes were.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I would be working on this but I have to watch a billion hours of accessibility training videos, and also I'm already doing a slow draft on MFL.

Meanwhile, hey, here's a thing you guys can do to help out, if you're feeling flush with unoccupied time!

I think I've got the scoring set up right. What you do is you look at scoring for any particular player for 2015, and compare their scores between ESPN and MFL. For example,

Here's Andy Dalton on ESPN. Click his name and you get a pop-up with his scores for every game.

Here's Andy Dalton on MFL. His scoring is shown for every game. Unfortunately ESPN rounds to one decimal place in these views, even though our scoring actually went to two decimal places on ESPN, but you can still compare the two lists and see that in every case, after accounting for normal rounding, ESPN's score matches MFL's score.

What I want to know about is any case where the scores do not match. This would represent some scoring setting being incorrect in MFL. If the scoring is 100% correct, then we're gold and I can move forward... including changing scoring for next year, if we vote to do that. I just want to establish a correct baseline before monkeying with anything.

Also I believe both ESPN and MFL are using the same data sets, but it's conceivable some score could be different somewhere if one or the other hosed up. We should be able to figure out whether any scoring discrepancies are due to nonmatching data vs. incorrect scoring setup on my part.

So, feel free to check out various positional players, take a look at guys who get punt return yards, try out the IDP dudes, etc. I've not done any of that yet, I've only compared a couple of QBs, WRs, and RBs at random.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Spermy Smurf posted:

So I think we should remove the helmets and poo poo.

Also please dont change your names I just barely figured out who you assholes were.

hey my name was clearly a placeholder!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
WR's: Fix one and fix them all I bet.

Antonio Brown, week 2, 10, are off by 2ish. Week 13 is off by 6.

Julio Jones week 5 is off by 6.

Brandon Marshall week 1 off by 4.

QBs:

Bortles, Brady both correct.

Defense:

Lavonte David week 3 off by 2. Weeks 5, 7, 8 off by 2. gently caress it, most are off by 2. Week 9 or 10 looks off by 4.

Reshad Jones weeks 6 and 7 are off quite a bit. 5ish each? Week 9 and 10 off as well. Stopped comparing.

JJ Watt mostly off by 2 again when he puts up more than 6 points.

Luke Keuchly again, off by 2 in a lot of games. It's got to be one specific thing for all of these guys just calculating a hair wrong.

RB:

Devonta Freeman 100% correct.

David Johnson week 2 off by 4. Otherwise fine.

TE

Gronk 100% correct. Unsure why gronk doesn't have the same "off by 2" thing that the WR's do. Maybe gronk never tackles after interceptions?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Awesome, thank you! I will check those out when I get a chance. :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, hey guys! It's... August?! FUuuuuck. Also for some dumb reason I was thinking the regular season starts at the end of September, rather than the beginning.

Anyhoo, thanks to Spermy Smurf's detective work, I fixed some of the problems with the scoring:

-rushing and receiving 2 point conversions were being scored twice for QB, TE, WR, and RBs. FIXED
-no points were awarded for punt return TDs (I imagined they counted as rushing TDs, but they don't in MFL). FIXED
-I'm not sure what's up with Brandon Marshall. ESPN isn't keeping the scoring breakdown for players that didn't start that week, and Percy Riot didn't start Brandon Marshall week 1. Marshall was credited with one tackle (1.5 pts) and one fumble recovery (3 pts) in the MFL points, but that doesn't tell me where the +4 points in ESPN came from.
-the Lavonte David week 3 result shows that in ESPN, I see that MFL credits him with 1 tackle for loss (2 points), while ESPN credits him with 2 stuffs (2 points each). I thought "stuff" and "tackle for loss" were the same thing? If so, this is just straight up a disagreement on game stats between the two sites.
-Looking at David's week 5, he has an extra two points in MFL - and that's credit for a TFL that isn't recorded by ESPN (ESPN shows 0 stuffs).

So I think the issue here is that there isn't an official NFL tally of "stuffs" or "tackles for loss", and the different sites are tallying them themselves? A little googling suggests that this may be the case, and also that there is some ambiguity as to what constitutes a stuff vs. a tfl, especially when a player might be credited with half a stuff or TFL.

-Reshad Jones weeks 6,7, and 10 MFL wasn't crediting him the 6 points for an interception TD. FIXED. (Note ESPN rounds scores off to the nearest .1 for display, but does actually count them correctly: the actual scoring difference for this week was exactly 6 points.)
-Reshad Jones week 9, he's credited with one TFL by MFL, but no stuffs by ESPN. See above.
-Reshad Jones week 10, MFL gives him a TFL, but ESPN does not give him a stuff, so another 2 pt. discrepancy

-David Johnson week 2; he wasn't started by Ash Ketchum, so I don't have a scoring breakdown for ESPN. He does have a kickoff return TD, so that's a 6 point delta we know about; the other 2 points in the other direction are probably a tackle or a pass defensed or something, but I'm not sure.

Anyway I think that's the best I'm going to be able to do. We may have to accept that MFL will be crediting IDP players with different numbers of TFLs than ESPN gave them stuffs. Hopefully I've caught the remaining errors and our scoring should be good!

Now: I think we need to nail down some hard dates for our upcoming season, decide on any rules changes, and figure out if Kazak_Hstan is still alive.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 4, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Here, you forgot this: [/url]

Also you are a huge nerd.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah yeah thanks. And yes, I am a huge nerd.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
So I'm a bit behind on getting setup. I never got an email with a password for my franchise. I got the email saying to register and that Team McLean is mine, but there's not passwords for me to link it to my MFL account (that I just made). I'm assuming the commish needs to have one sent to me or something.

I'm a dumbass.

atomictyler fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 5, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

atomictyler posted:

I'm a dumbass.

I know, and now everyone else knows too.

Preseason starts soon. We gotta get at least the Taxi Squads or Rookie Squads nailed down. No one can do poo poo to their team because everyone on IR is no longer on IR.

And then we'll draft some rookies. Dibs on that CB that Belichik grumbled "He's ok" to in a press conference. With that kind of high praise I assume he's the next Revis.

Edit: And we gotta recalculate all the players salary increases, figure out our cap space, drop dudes like Megatron, and oh my god I am so excited for football.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah so, do we still want taxi squads?

Actually OK I think we need to do some formal voting, I keep forgetting that I actually wrote rules and poo poo for all this.

Everyone please review the current league rules if you like and then vote:

The rules say the rookie/free agent draft should be non-snake the first two rounds, and then snake on round 3+. We traded draft picks on that basis, too. But, I still don't know if MFL actually supports that - which means probably it'll need to be a manual draft. Which I'm OK with. So would you rather:
1.a Manually draft, following the rules as stated
1.b Use MFL's draft software, but switch to 100% snake or 100% assigned draft order
?
(See rules 7.2, 7.8)

2. Are you OK with the current salary assignments for players drafted in the rookie/free agent draft?
(See rule 7.3)

3. Should we go ahead and have taxi squads?
(See rules 7.4, 7.5, 8.2.2, 8.4.1, and especially rule 9)

4. If we have taxi squads, should we create rules for stealing players off of other team's taxi squads?
(See rule 9.5). Basically the way this works is, you can grab a player off another team's taxi squad if you promote them to your regular bench, but they can prevent it by promoting that player to their own bench. If you use this rule, you also need to revise rule 9.1 to say that rookies on a bench can't be moved back to a taxi squad.)

5. If we have taxi squads, how many slots should they have?

6. Should we change the fees and prize payouts of the league this year? It's currently $25 dues, with prize payouts to first, second, and third places, plus the winner of the consolation bracket.
(See rule 2)

7. Are you OK with the current scoring?
(See rule 5)

8. When should we unlock rosters, permitting players to be dropped? Note that all dropped players become eligible for the free agent/rookie draft.

9. When should we do the rookie/free agent draft? Please list several dates/times that you would be available, and any specific dates/times you are definitely not available. Please include your time zone.
We can draft any time between now, and the first regular season game, which is on Thursday, September 8th.
Note: I will be on vacation August 11 through 18, and then on a road trip September 9th through the 17th. I'm otherwise generally available during non-work hours, Pacific time.

10. How long should we wait to see if Kazak_Hstan is still alive before we replace him?
I neglected to write rules for what to do if an owner disappears.

11. Do you want to reorganize the three divisions? If so, what scheme do you propose?
(See rule 3.4.3)

12. Any other league rules or procedures you want to change?

I'll vote last.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The rules say the rookie/free agent draft should be non-snake the first two rounds, and then snake on round 3+. We traded draft picks on that basis, too. But, I still don't know if MFL actually supports that - which means probably it'll need to be a manual draft. Which I'm OK with. So would you rather:
1.b Use MFL's draft software, but switch to 100% snake or 100% assigned draft order
?
(See rules 7.2, 7.8)
I would prefer assigned order, provided we can assign anyone to any slot in any round. This lets us do 'if you suck real bad you get a top 4 pick' thing in the rules.

2. Are you OK with the current salary assignments for players drafted in the rookie/free agent draft?
(See rule 7.3)
I am looking at some of my players and others around the league... I think the rookie salaries might be a bit high. The first round guys for 18 or 20 (phone posting, going from memory) is really high. A few might be studs and they would demand that salary. Thats the point I guess, and it would make it harder to figure if its worth it to keep a middling guy for $28 in year 2. I just convinced myself in the opposite direction, wonderful.

I think a taxi squad, even 3 slots, would be a good idea.

4. If we have taxi squads, should we create rules for stealing players off of other team's taxi squads?
(See rule 9.5). Basically the way this works is, you can grab a player off another team's taxi squad if you promote them to your regular bench, but they can prevent it by promoting that player to their own bench. If you use this rule, you also need to revise rule 9.1 to say that rookies on a bench can't be moved back to a taxi squad.)

No injured guys on taxi squads, right? I like the idea of stealing players.

I vote 3 because I dont know any better.

6. Should we change the fees and prize payouts of the league this year? It's currently $25 dues, with prize payouts to first, second, and third places, plus the winner of the consolation bracket.
(See rule 2)
Bump up dues to fill in for MFL league costs, dont think that is included in the 25$.

(See rule 5)
Yeah, only thing to do might be knock tackles down from 1.5 to 1.25 to make defensive players worth less. I am against this because my defense is the only good thing about my team.

8. When should we unlock rosters, permitting players to be dropped? Note that all dropped players become eligible for the free agent/rookie draft.

Once we have all players signed up and logged in and actually active in the thread. Or a week before the draft, whichever.

9. When should we do the rookie/free agent draft? Please list several dates/times that you would be available, and any specific dates/times you are definitely not available. Please include your time zone.

Gone with very limited internet access Sept 6th to the 16th. Eastern time, anytime after 5ish is fine with me.

10. How long should we wait to see if Kazak_Hstan is still alive before we replace him?
Contact him with any and all forms that you have... paypal email differ from signup email? PMs? Then give it a week I guess? He still is owed money, so I have no idea why he would drop off.

11. Do you want to reorganize the three divisions? If so, what scheme do you propose?
(See rule 3.4.3)
Same divisions, I want to see the ebb and flow over the course of time.

Nope.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Manually draft, following the rules as stated

I would like to see all rounds 2+ to be 12, 8, 4, 2, 2, 2.... respectively instead of what they are currently set at. This is to make our salary cap be more of a factor in the far future. Also adding to this thought is...

Yes

Yes

6 players minimum. A large squad would allow for the extra drafting of defensive personnel to stash here until performance is proven one way or another. I would like to see 8 myself. In the same realm (and basing off of an 8 player squad) I also believe that taxi squads should be a one year thing for most players so in the same realm only 2 taxi squad players can be held on the squad from year to year and none more than 2 years (allowing for QBs and developmentals to get a year+ before committing but not making an extended no-cost bench), others have to be rostered or dropped before the start of the next year. (flexible on discussion - could do 4 for one year, 2 for two years, none past that maybe? do not like forever squads though)

No opinion for/against. Willing to up the stakes to pretty much whatever if agreed upon.

Yes

After all teams have completed their third preseason game sounds like a pretty logical place?

Pretty much available any weeknight and any weekend day or night through the time period. CST

Not responding to any emails/PMs/whatever? Ummm I say line up a replacement ASAP on contingency until the drop period starts. I assume we can work out trades during that window so an active owner should be in place at that time.

Fine as it is, not opposed to reorganizing if others wish it.

Other than the taxi squad stuff nothing really. Do we want to amend the FAAB rules about dropping personnel then rebidding them like I did with Luck last year? Something like 'If a player is dropped within 48 hours of a waiver pickup deadline the dropping owner cannot bid on the player dropped' ? I do not believe we have a provision in place yet from my scan through the league rules.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I don't care, I'll do whatever

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Zack posted:

I don't care, I'll do whatever

This is how the Brexit happened

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Everyone please review the current league rules if you like and then vote:

?
(See rules 7.2, 7.8)

Assigned draft order would be my vote. I'm not a fan of snake drafts in this setting. It's closer to real world that way too.

(See rule 7.3)

Yeah

I don't like taxi squads. If you want someone they should be on your main roster, just like the real thing, if you don't want them on main roster they should be a free agent for others to pick up if they're valued. Our rosters are already huge.

Absolutely.

The fewer the better.

(See rule 2)

Increase to cover league hosting fees would be fine.

(See rule 5)

I agree with poster that said lower tackles to 1.25 from 1.5

I think more important is making a date prior to draft that rosters be locked again until draft day. To create a period where owners can look over entire pool of available players.

Until Sept I'm good for:
M-F after 8 pm Pacific Time, weekend evenings after 6 pm Pacific time. After Sept 1st my work schedule will shift dates and I don't know what it will be yet.

I neglected to write rules for what to do if an owner disappears.

I'd say after week two of preseason, or a week before draft. Whichever comes first.

(See rule 3.4.3)

I think it's fine.

edit: actually, I'd like to propose we change the rule that owners don't have to fill roster spots with "owners must fill all roster spots"

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 6, 2016

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

My IRL draft is Sep. 4, so I'd rather not do it that day. Generally, any time after 8pm Eastern is good for me. That's my baby's bedtime. I had sex

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'll have my answers in later today but lol I just remembered I have Lynch and Graham :suicide:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I discovered the skins. Let me know if you can't stand the current skin (so I can make a note of it and torture you with it during the week we're having a matchup).

I can manually set the order for individual rounds of the draft. This means we can use exactly the order we want... currently that's set by rankings for the first two rounds, and then snake after that, with draft pick trading allowed.

I'll try and figure out if we can trade picks live during the draft.

Also as a reminder, since it might not be totally clear: the current rules set a fixed salary for players drafted during the rookie/free agent draft, based on when they're drafted. But, you are free to pass during your pick, so you can wait till later rounds to draft a player if you want them but not at such a high salary. Probably it's better to try and trade away a pick you don't want rather than just pass, but it's allowed. Unless you guys think it shouldn't be allowed, in which case, please say so.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 7, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pre:
Event Title		Date/Time Of Event
Blind Bidding Waivers	Wed Sep 7 11:00:00 a.m. ET 2016 until Sat Sep 10 11:00:00 a.m. ET 2016 (Happens 16 more weeks.)
Blind Bidding Waivers	Sat Sep 10 11:00:00 a.m. ET 2016 until Wed Sep 14 11:00:00 a.m. ET 2016 (Happens 16 more weeks.)
No Waivers Allowed	Sun Jan 1 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017
I think this sets up the FAAB waiver periods the way we had them before: that is, two FAAB periods per week, one processing Wednesdays at 11AM and one processing Saturdays at 11AM, with no other waivers allowed.

quote:

Are Salary Cap Dollars And Blind Bidding Dollars Treated As One And The Same? No
Do Winning Blind Bid Waiver Amounts Get Assigned As Player Salaries? Yes
Maximum Amount Each Owner Can Spend During The Season On Blind Bid Waivers: 100
Should "Blind Bidding Waivers" Be Automatically Processed? Yes
Are Conditional Blind Bids Allowed? No (I'm not sure about this one, I need to read up on it)

I'm having trouble with the FAAB tiebreaker rule, though. On ESPN I had it set to break tied bids by reverse order of league standings. These appear to be the only options for the FAAB tiebreaker on MFL:

quote:

Earliest Submitted Bid Wins (this option is exclusive of all other options)
Overall Winning Percentage
Head-to-Head Record
Total Points Scored
Divisional Winning Percentage
Reverse Order of Opponent Total Points Scored
Power Rank
Victory Points
Last Week's Point Total
All-Play Winning Percentage
Total Offensive Points
Total Defensive Points
None
Probably the closest thing we have here is "Reverse Order of Opponent Total Points Scored" which I think means that if two owners both bid the same amount for a free agent, the one with the lower total points scored this season gets it. That's not the same as their league standings, and we definitely had teams last year that had lower total points but higher standings, and vice-versa, due to matchup differences.
Other than "Earliest Submitted Bid Wins", the other options can be set up in a priority order, e.g. test option 1, if it's still tied test option 2, etc.

e. Oh it says "Hint: All "Blind Bidding Sort Criteria" displayed below are applied in a "worst-to-first" manner."
So, I can pick Overall Winning Percentage and then some tiebreaker after that, maybe Total Points Scored or something.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 7, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm gonna go ahead and enter player salaries. I have salary caps currently set to "soft" which means MFL will allow you to exceed your salary cap. You'll be permitted to exceed your cap until you've had a chance to drop players to get down below your cap and get ready for the rookie/free agent draft.

I am calculating each player's increased salary as I enter them. The calculation is: each player's salary goes up by 10%, rounded to the nearest dollar, with a minimum increase of $1. I'll be updating the values on the spreadsheets as I go.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks for doing all the work on this. I will be good to help if I have the ability and you need some relief this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
How do I view my god drat roster in the mfl platinum app?

Not everyones roster, not setting my lineup, just my own so I can drop players?