Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
i expect misfits to lose unless gangplank gets to free farm for 20 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
jeez i cant believe gangplank top has been exposed less than 5 minutes into the game and completely hosed before 10

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

exethan posted:

i expect misfits to lose unless gangplank gets to free farm for 20 minutes

With another 20 minutes of farming GP might actually break 50 cs

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is one of the most brutal shutouts of a lane that I've ever seen in pro play.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
i feel like misfits could win with any other top lane pick just given the team comps.

How did misfits not get a turret... wasnt there a laneswap?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

i feel like misfits could win with any other top lane pick just given the team comps.

How did misfits not get a turret... wasnt there a laneswap?

I missed the start of the game but I assume they screwed up the laneswap like they did in game 1

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Savage Cracker posted:

I missed the start of the game but I assume they screwed up the laneswap like they did in game 1

yup

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This has nothing to do with missing the Baron smite just now, but I think Amazing has been pretty bad this series.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

goddamnit lol

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Karma mid is my least favorite thing about lol in 2016.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they shouldve given baron jfc

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends

Sexpansion posted:

Karma mid is my least favorite thing about lol in 2016.

Has it done anything good anywhere?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

people were pretty excited for karma to be meta at one point

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

manwithoutskin posted:

Has it done anything good anywhere?

Karma was a high priority pick in the LCK, although she's only rocking a 33% winrate.

also looking at stats loving Nidalee has been banned in 154 out of 203 games jfc

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

IM will always be a gatekeeper team no matter who they have. They basically run a team of the 8th best player at every position in the league every year and finish about 8th.

Frozen and Crash are actually really good. LZIM had a good roster this season and managed to coach and use it really poorly.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

actually its sort of bananas how good Coco was and they couldn't manage a single lineup where they could get him going. he's probably still better than Frozen but it seems like he had a much harder time adjusting and he also didn't play as well with the good jungler.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Frozen and Crash are actually really good. LZIM had a good roster this season and managed to coach and use it really poorly.

Crash is absolutely stellar. My top 3 most entertaining players to watch in LCK this split, in no particular order, are Crash, Beyond, and Wolf.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Piglet is going back to Korea, rumors say he got kicked from TLA too and won't return next split

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I haven't been able to watch much of the last few weeks of LCK just didn't have time for it. I see that Jin Air has only one series win since Mid-June. What the gently caress happened to them?!? That's not even a sad plane crash that's like a disaster movie where an airport gets annihilated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkErNkX2HKM&t=20s

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Iirc they suffered the curse of beating SKT. You don't win another series until another team beats SKT

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

RealFoxy posted:

Piglet is going back to Korea, rumors say he got kicked from TLA too and won't return next split

Not that he couldn't be done with NA but rumors are just that, to our knowledge he was never kicked from the main team to begin with, and visiting home after a split isn't new.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dont worry about it some people are so obsessed with not being wrong about their "piglet is toxic" speculation that this comes up literally every time anything happens and has for years.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

dont worry about it some people are so obsessed with not being wrong about their "piglet is toxic" speculation that this comes up literally every time anything happens and has for years.
Um did you forget about the parts where Dardoach openly talked about getting banned from TL for fighting with Piglet, TL bringing him back in, and then Piglet leaving because he hated Dardoch?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Um did you forget about the parts where Dardoach openly talked about getting banned from TL for fighting with Piglet, TL bringing him back in, and then Piglet leaving because he hated Dardoch?
Or the reason he came to another region was because no team in Korea wanted to even play him because of his attitude

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RealFoxy posted:

TL's GM did tweet something about see you in November.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RealFoxy posted:

Or the reason he came to another region was because no team in Korea wanted to even play him because of his attitude

thats true, jensen is also still banned

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

RealFoxy posted:

I've literally never seen that. Every interview I've seen talks about how it was Dardoch and Piglet's combined egos clashing against Loco's that was a problem, combined with how the stress of Liquids "always come up short" record is weighing on Piglet.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Watching TSM legends im amazed at how chill toxic piece of poo poo svenskaren is.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Didn't see the game yesterday, but :laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebUqJNVPtU&t=38s

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this omg lgd game is meaningless but its pretty entertaining. its always fun to watch imp play twitch

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Jerkface posted:

Watching TSM legends im amazed at how chill toxic piece of poo poo svenskaren is.

but nah i think he learned his lesson and is just a chill dude nowadays

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

but nah i think he learned his lesson and is just a chill dude nowadays

If they ever make the TSM story into a movie they can have Sven played by Miles Teller (they even look sorta similar) but then when they meet each other it's like a douche supernova and they just mutually improve each other's most offensive material for release into the world.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Being jungler for TSM is probably the chillest position in professional League of Legends. You can just hang back and let your teammates carry you with 0 stress.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

https://twitter.com/FNATIC/status/761911531219083264

FNATIC ‏@FNATIC 13m13 minutes ago
LoL Update: Today we announce the departure of @FnaticDeilor - #ThankYouDeilor

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'm glad eSports is starting to become like real sports. When you have a team of players who doesn't seem to give a gently caress, you fire the coach because you can't fire all the players. Just like real sports.

Even though there's not really good criteria for objectively rating LoL coaches, I'm pretty sure Deilor's record and influence make him one of (if not the) best Western coach. I remember when he did the AMA on Reddit he had extremely insightful things to say about coaching that he took from professional poker strategies and expected value in drafts and trading risks and such, etc. I don't think the Fnatic team will be better off without him. I'm starting to think Fnatic might end up missing worlds with how badly they've performed lately. It wouldn't surprise me.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah i think deilor did a good job last year but this year maybe he was a bit cocky, i dont think hes gonna have trouble finding another team but i do think fnatic is going to have trouble because they're still bad and their two carries appear to have forgotten how to play without the korean supermen they had before

e. nm i guess he just straight up quit league coaching period

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
tsm deilor telling you now

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
@pr0llyLOL 27m27 minutes ago
hi @FNATIC , i'm a league coach, and i have some very intimate details about your opponents next week, hmu

prolly owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

I'm glad eSports is starting to become like real sports. When you have a team of players who doesn't seem to give a gently caress, you fire the coach because you can't fire all the players. Just like real sports.

Even though there's not really good criteria for objectively rating LoL coaches, I'm pretty sure Deilor's record and influence make him one of (if not the) best Western coach. I remember when he did the AMA on Reddit he had extremely insightful things to say about coaching that he took from professional poker strategies and expected value in drafts and trading risks and such, etc. I don't think the Fnatic team will be better off without him. I'm starting to think Fnatic might end up missing worlds with how badly they've performed lately. It wouldn't surprise me.

i think they make worlds so long as they beat h2k, and if h2k is really using that sub that nobody has heard of at ADC i find it hard to believe fnatic won't win that series, even with this move.

i agree with you that they're firing the coach because the roster isn't working. dumb.

• Locked thread