Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
A little adenovirus never hurt anyone. Adenovirus puts hair on your chest, that's what my pee paw used to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DJExile posted:

Y'know how olympic villages are basically just nothing but athletes loving each other, so they hand out a shitload of condoms?

Now they're worried about journalists loving one another all day

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/760156119402708993/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Celebrate with a condom?

Something about that phrasing bothers me. Like its a commemorative condom that I should take home and treasure.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

As of today for probably the first time ever espn.com does not redirect to espn.go.com

Anyone old enough to remember when Disney heavily pushed go.com

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

As of today for probably the first time ever espn.com does not redirect to espn.go.com

I'll be damned.

And yeah they were all about it although for the life of me I do not recall what go.com was really meant to be. Looking at it now, I still don't.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

It was supposed to be Disney's answer to Yahoo back when Yahoo was a bigger deal

How nice, the first announcer to appear to start NBCSN's Olympic coverage is Tirico

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

The transition appears to have broken the podcast hosting section.

e:
https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/760879569998082049

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 3, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Anals of History posted:

e:

Goddammit, today is when I mostly listen to podcasts at work and I was gonna check out the new Lowe Post.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Vertical Lime posted:

Buddy I'm old enough to remember ESPNET SportsZone. And the 1-900-976-ESPN jingle.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Buddy I'm old enough to remember ESPNET SportsZone. And the 1-900-976-ESPN jingle.

my man :stat::respek::wal:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Vertical Lime posted:

ESPN pushed it so hard that Reece Davis had a touchdown call catchphrase based off it

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Vertical Lime posted:

I've always been astounded by how long ESPN.go.com hung around. It was such a strange vestigial appendage for such a high profile website.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Anals of History posted:

e:

This must be why my podcast app keeps trying to download every single episode of the ESPN podcasts I'm subscribed to.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ElwoodCuse posted:

So old. So, so old.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DJExile posted:

Y'know how olympic villages are basically just nothing but athletes loving each other, so they hand out a shitload of condoms?

Now they're worried about journalists loving one another all day

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/760156119402708993/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

gently caress, now we're going to get a generation of even dumber sportswriters.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

General Dog posted:

gently caress, now we're going to get a generation of even dumber sportswriters.
Could you imagine a grown-up Bill Plaschke Zika baby?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Come on, give credit to Rio where it's due: they are trying to prevent that you see.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Come on, give credit to Rio where it's due: they are trying to prevent that you see.
Speaking of Rio: they literally had to open the Olympic Stadium with bolt cutters about two hours ago, after someone lost the only set of keys.

I did not make that up.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

General Dog posted:

jesus

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

Speaking of Rio: they literally had to open the Olympic Stadium with bolt cutters about two hours ago, after someone lost the only set of keys.

I did not make that up.

I'm not sure if I'm impressed that you can lock up a whole stadium with one set of keys

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Crazy Ted posted:

grown-up Bill Plaschke Zika baby

New thread title imho

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

Could you imagine a grown-up Bill Plaschke Zika baby?

Despite what I said, it really couldn't be worse than the current Bill Plaschke.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Cracking up imagining that Plashke dramatic turn gif with a hosed up skull and walleyes

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Crazy Ted posted:

I did not make that up.
And if someone had called the police about it they will probably all be dead now

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Anals of History posted:

Cracking up imagining that Plashke dramatic turn gif with a hosed up skull and walleyes

Hahaha

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I actually haven't watched Any Given Wednesday, is it all this dire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lRuOgjNPw

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

morestuff posted:

I actually haven't watched Any Given Wednesday, is it all this dire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lRuOgjNPw

This is the low point of the season thus far (and really the only skit they've done), but none of it has been very good.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I would argue that's the low point in HBO's history.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Niwrad posted:

HBO canceled Rome and Deadwood only bring us Any Given Wednesday.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Niwrad posted:

It still beats every installment of Real Sex, in terms of both entertainment value and erotic value.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Niwrad posted:

Not even close, not even in the narrow sub-category of sports-themed original HBO programming.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

FMguru posted:

Not even close, not even in the narrow sub-category of sports-themed original HBO programming.

You get the gently caress out of here Arliss may have had some low points but it was a good show.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

General Dog posted:

It still beats every installment of Real Sex, in terms of both entertainment value and erotic value.

lol

I didn't realize Tim and Eric directed a sex show

midwat
May 6, 2007

The Ringer has, in the past day, published a flattering article on Dan loving Shaughnessy and released a newsletter in which one of their writers says "Airplane!" sucks.

Man, gently caress those guys.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

midwat posted:

The Ringer has, in the past day, published a flattering article on Dan loving Shaughnessy and released a newsletter in which one of their writers says "Airplane!" sucks.

on the plus side simmons' hbo ratings went up this week, probably from the bigger tropic thunder lead-in

also sounds like rovell is staying with espn

http://thebiglead.com/2016/08/05/darren-rovell-staying-at-espn-after-talks-with-cnbc/

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Looking forward to his tweets about how this raises ESPNs brand value.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Too bad about Rovell staying put, FS1 would've probably given him a half-hour daily show + regular appearances on Fox Business.

Then I could've just ignored him forever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

midwat posted:

I want them tried in the Hague.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

midwat posted:

The Ringer ... released a newsletter in which one of their writers says "Airplane!" sucks.

It doesnt make up for that egregious bit of fuckery, but a't least Concepcion had the proper opinion on Out of Sight.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
You'll Never Believe Who Was Complaining About Commercials

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/761719968664788993?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

He said with tears in his eye and penis in hand.