Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

A seat cover "if you can read this the bitch(es) fell off"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think Hamilton looks interesting or fun in the slightest and the few songs I've heard are pretty mediocre. I'm sure I'll see it eventually, but I just don't get the hype around it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't think Hamilton looks interesting or fun in the slightest and the few songs I've heard are pretty mediocre. I'm sure I'll see it eventually, but I just don't get the hype around it.
FYAD expat lowenchaffeaffenn did a good article on why it's bad

https://medium.com/@lowenaffchen/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-enjoy-hamilton-run-our-country-a67f4ad11f2b#.5nzuhzfhj

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wade Wilson posted:

Some of the reviews have said it is worse than the new Fantastic Four movie.

You know, the one nobody has watched because so much word of mouth got out of people getting up and leaving halfway through when the movie forgot what it was about.

Okay so we went, and honestly it wasn't bad? Like there were decisions they made that we didn't agree with (like the ending having the Joker come back and break Harley out instead of having her abandon him like she does in the comic, especially since the movie was making steps toward that), but overall it was entertaining and generally pretty faithful to the comics.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

White people get the safety of Broadway and the ability to pat themselves on the back for appreciating "rap"

It's a smugness buy-one-get-one sale

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Kurieg posted:

They also said something about a "prototype collapsible racing tire"

jesus loving christ

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Many people think Hamilton is good. I'm a fan. It's ok if you don't like it. People get weirdly emotional about this and I don't get it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

White people get the safety of Broadway and the ability to pat themselves on the back for appreciating "rap"

:ironicat: but imagine the ironicat gradually growing and devouring the post

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Why would anyone appreciate rap? :smug:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm rather indifferent to Hamilton, and will probably not see it just because I don't care :shrug:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm rather indifferent to Hamilton, and will probably not see it just because I don't care :shrug:

Non-Stop won me over completely.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Somfin posted:

:ironicat: but imagine the ironicat gradually growing and devouring the post

Hang on, dude, I haven't even gotten to the part where some uppity white lady says "it's so great that a poor unfortunate from a destitute latin american country wrote this; i have a lot of respect for him and his people"

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

good thing we're all above being smug about our superior, refined tastes here

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Hang on, dude, I haven't even gotten to the part where some uppity white lady says "it's so great that a poor unfortunate from a destitute latin american country wrote this; i have a lot of respect for him and his people"

Can we skip ahead to the bit where you explain that while their expression of those sentiments was invalid, your expression of those exact same sentiments (but phrased differently) is totally valid?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Seems like a respectful lady happy for someone making themselves a better life. I don't know why this imaginary woman makes you angry.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Some own-goal schadenfreude on the Australian people: it turns out that one of the people we voted into the Senate in our recent national election is a SovCit nutjob who cites anti-Semites in his articles and thinks that climate change is a conspiracy being perpetrated by the UN and the banks:
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...804-gqlesa.html

Hooorayyyyyy that's going to turn out marvellously for our country. :smith:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Trucks just mad that their doctor couldn't circumcise their micropenises :lol:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some own-goal schadenfreude on the Australian people: it turns out that one of the people we voted into the Senate in our recent national election is a SovCit nutjob who cites anti-Semites in his articles and thinks that climate change is a conspiracy being perpetrated by the UN and the banks:

After a year and a half of trump this is like sweet wine to me.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Wait, is he saying he does not believe that the government to which he has been elected...exists?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lotish posted:

Wait, is he saying he does not believe that the government to which he has been elected...exists?

Yep.

We should also note that thanks to our preferential vote system he got elected because his party got sufficient above-the-line votes to carry him through, only 77 voters in the entire country gave this guy their first preference below-the-line vote.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Sov Cit stuff is super, super stupid, but it's unimaginably so when it's not in the US, but still citing obscure US laws and codes

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

i don't even own a broadway musical :smug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lotish posted:

Technically he's saying he does not believe that the government to which his legal entity that is not him was elected to exists.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Thanks for the link. This is a good takedown.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

For fucks sake can we just blow up Queensland already

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
He believes that adding hyphens and colons to peoples names "confuses" the corporations so that they can't use their voodoo law powers on you.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

PoodleCorp is a team of script kiddies that became infamous recently for launching a wave of DDoS attacks that took down Pokemon Go's servers, as well as Overwatch's (since many of them were apparently swept up in a recent ban wave for cheaters).

Guess who just got breached by actual hackers and had many members' info exposed?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Somfin posted:

Can we skip ahead to the bit where you explain that while their expression of those sentiments was invalid, your expression of those exact same sentiments (but phrased differently) is totally valid?

If you'd rather have that than the puppetmaster defense that precedes it, I can probably accommodate you. There's no shame in wanting the main course sooner.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
I don't know, this trailer makes Hamilton look pretty interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_rEqCivn4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

Trump properties have seen a double-digit decrease in visits from women this year, with a gap that widened starting in March 2016. (The one anomaly was February, for unclear reasons.) In July, visit share among women to Blue State properties was down 29 percent. This seems to reflect the gender division in the polls among American women.

Is it really unclear why there would be more women staying at luxury resort hotels in February, NBC?

Really?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Korgan posted:

Considering even god himself tries to either wash it away or burn it asunder every five years we might just be stuck with them :(

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Some high quality stuff this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcZ-OXiUKc

I recommend these timestamps:

the beginning
0:26
3:43
4:00
5:14
5:35
6:32

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yep.

We should also note that thanks to our preferential vote system he got elected because his party got sufficient above-the-line votes to carry him through, only 77 voters in the entire country gave this guy their first preference below-the-line vote.

First past the post voting isn't looking so bad to you now, is it Australia?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7FicznnASk

Lots of snowboarding/skiing fails in this one. So many (probably) broken ribs...

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Yep.

Eh, to be the barest minimum of fair, senatorial candidates are only on the ballot paper in their own state, so it's more like "77 voters in the entire redneck electorate of Queensland" than "in the entire country".

Random Stranger posted:

FPTP is a stinking garbage fire any way you look at it. Oh, Joe Fuckwit won the election with 39% of the vote? Great, so 61% of the electorate voted for "anyone except Joe Fuckwit"? Great representative system you've got there.

On the assumption you're American, preferential voting would have brought you President Gore back in 2000, since the people who voted for Nader most likely would have voted 2 for Gore, giving him the majority. (Then again, there is that worthless electoral college thing you guys have, too. But that's another story.)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

zakharov posted:

Some high quality stuff this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcZ-OXiUKc

I recommend these timestamps:

the beginning
0:26
3:43
4:00
5:14
5:35
6:32

What was that guy at the end trying to DO?!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Nope still way worse

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Samovar posted:

What was that guy at the end trying to DO?!
Recreate the library scene from Ghostbusters, apparently.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Korgan posted:

I love in Down Under by Bill Bryson how every Australian who finds out he is going to Queensland stops to tell him how nuts people from Queensland are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Is Queensland like Australian Texas or just Australian Florida?