Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I kinda want to commission a Texas poll. PPP will do a 6-10 question 500 sample size for $3000. I always thought it was higher than that.

Now just have to find someone else to pay for it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Le Saboteur posted:

Goddammit he's doing that thing again where he just repeats back his criticisms.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/761656663262670848

Give him a kick, that always fixes my record player.

Also, I can't wait for HRC to lose her cool once for a second. CNN will run "Does Hillary Have The Temperament To Lead?" and Fox News will run "HRC Ruins Chance For White House" and every clickbait site will run "You'll be SHOCKED when you see what Hillary Clinton did!"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Metapod posted:

This is great
"I am not a witch!"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

An immature part of me enjoys reading way too much into this comment:

I was honored to hang the photo,” Fred Urban said. “He’s a prominent businessman and a big supporter of German-American heritage.”
lol

As a "German-American" this makes me lol. Just when our reputation started to recover here comes Herr Drumpf to gently caress it up for another couple of generations.

We were parlaying this craft beer wave into Oktoberfests and everything. Things were looking up!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mountaineer posted:

What is Trump's campaign even spending money on? I just heard on the radio the other day that he raised a lot of money in July, though not as much as Clinton. It sounds like he isn't spending much on ads or organizing.

It's all going into Trump companies so he can profit off of this, which was his whole reason for running anyway. It's clear that he does not actually want to be President.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mountaineer posted:

What is Trump's campaign even spending money on? I just heard on the radio the other day that he raised a lot of money in July, though not as much as Clinton. It sounds like he isn't spending much on ads or organizing.

Largely services from companies he owns.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

Mountaineer posted:

He's probably paying himself back for the money he "loaned" his campaign. A lot of it has already gone to pay for venues and services he owns.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Space Poodle posted:

He's probably paying himself back for the money he "loaned" his campaign. A lot of it has already gone to pay for venues and services he owns.

He announced he had forgiven those loans, did he ever file the paperwork to make it official?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I think Trump is the kind of person who has lied his entire life and has never been in a position where his words really mattered so he's caught off guard by that suddenly changing.

When you're rich you can get away with lying in the private sector because a) no one actually pays that much attention to what you're saying, you're not in constant public scrutiny; b) if you do lie about something it's no big deal; and c) when you're as litigious as Trump you can sue anyone who accuses you of lying and generally they're not going to bother paying the legal fees to fight you even if they're in the right.

Needless to say, none of this applies if you're running for president and every word you say is plastered all over every news source in the world.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

haveblue posted:

He announced he had forgiven those loans, did he ever file the paperwork to make it official?

I think he did, after constant press badgering. He was probably pretty sour about that since he isn't actually even worth a billion dollars.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

vyelkin posted:

When you're rich you can get away with lying in the private sector because a) no one actually pays that much attention to what you're saying, you're not in constant public scrutiny; b) if you do lie about something it's no big deal; and c) when you're as litigious as Trump you can sue anyone who accuses you of lying and generally they're not going to bother paying the legal fees to fight you even if you're in the right.

Needless to say, none of this applies if you're running for president and every word you say is plastered all over every news source in the world.

That's part of what gets me. He's arguing - not that he was misunderstood or miscommunicated or what-have-you- but that the baby incident didn't even happen days after Stephen Colbert literally opened the Late Show with video evidence.

I mean, holy hell.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Space Poodle posted:

Also, the churchy people I know have been passing this link around all over: http://www.solidarity-party.org/

I love that they use a picture of the National Cathedral, an Episcopal church, to promote their anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage group. Reality doesn't matter.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

So in all these projected/hypothetical electoral maps, even the anti-Arzy ones where Hillary is winning Georgia and Arizona, Indiana is always red. How exactly did Obama get it in 2008?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Pakled posted:

Largely services from companies he owns.

And our campaign finance laws allow this? Jesus.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ReidRansom posted:

I kinda want to commission a Texas poll. PPP will do a 6-10 question 500 sample size for $3000. I always thought it was higher than that.

Now just have to find someone else to pay for it...

Hell, do a GoFundMe

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

greatn posted:

Hell, do a GoFundMe

Seriously, I'd chip in on that.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

greatn posted:

Hell, do a GoFundMe

I was considering that. Something to think about over the weekend, I guess.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

aBagorn posted:

Seriously, I'd chip in on that.

PPP/SA poll, haha. I'm sure we could come up with a few good questions.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Let's not forget that you have to literally cancel your credit card if you want to stop your monthly contribution to his campaign.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/761668298761089025

There is literally video of him yesterday doing something and now he thinks he can just rewrite his own words.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

thethreeman posted:

lmao guy in the audience screams "NSA HAS 'EM" in reference to the emails, Trump stops, says "Does the NSA have them? I bet they do have them. I don't know. Do they have them? Lots of people are saying that, lots of people say they have them"

Another stirring speech by President Easily Distracted

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Reminder that Trump's meltdown is so huge that when the right wing lost their poo poo over Michele Obama's "slaves built the White House" comment that they tried to call her out, got embarrassed by the truth, then some people like Wifebeater O'Reilly doubled down on it, and almost nobody remembers it now. :psyduck:

Radish posted:

If polling continues like this what the hell do the GOP leaders do? They can't just let Trump make their party look like a joke, but it sounds like they have no real mechanism to make him stop talking while he's associated with them as their Presidential candidate. I bet the Never-Trumpers are feeling really smug about now.

They have to mitigate damage and prepare to rebuild in 2018 and 2020 while also ensuring no toxic candidate gets the nomination in 2020 (ie: Cruz). They can't cut him loose and until Trump's polling in the low-mid 20s "gently caress it we're splitting off" isn't going to be the less painful option for them.

axeil posted:

Cheering for a Clinton victory is the only time Eagles fans are going to see something they cheer for win a national championship.

You might not have the best football team, or the best hockey team, but at least your baseball team isn't the Pirates so you can smile about that.

Except baseball sucks.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If the Republicans want to clean up their primary they should draft a rule that you can't spend campaign funds on services from companies you own, or use books as campaign literature that you earn royalties from.

I think they could do that internally without even cleaning up finance laws.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

greatn posted:

Hell, do a GoFundMe

"Today's PPP/Something Awful poll of Texas shows that..."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

"And if you don't like me, vote for Pence! It's the same thing."

So he's just straight-up admitting it now.

Evil Fluffy posted:

They have to mitigate damage and prepare to rebuild in 2018 and 2020 while also ensuring no toxic candidate gets the nomination in 2020 (ie: Cruz). They can't cut him loose and until Trump's polling in the low-mid 20s "gently caress it we're splitting off" isn't going to be the less painful option for them.

I can't wait for Zodiac 2: Zodiac Harder just for more gifs of his own family being visibly repulsed by him.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lord Hydronium posted:

So in all these projected/hypothetical electoral maps, even the anti-Arzy ones where Hillary is winning Georgia and Arizona, Indiana is always red. How exactly did Obama get it in 2008?

Lord Hydronium posted:

The best GOTV in history, a state with a relatively small major city. Pence prooooobably helps Trump there.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mountaineer posted:

Making America Great Again :v:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

SquadronROE posted:

Give him a kick, that always fixes my record player.

Also, I can't wait for HRC to lose her cool once for a second. CNN will run "Does Hillary Have The Temperament To Lead?" and Fox News will run "HRC Ruins Chance For White House" and every clickbait site will run "You'll be SHOCKED when you see what Hillary Clinton did!"

Someone post the gif from the 11+ hour Mr. Ben Ghazi hearing. The one where she just brushes dust off her jacket. Tia.

edit: Also is it possible to do a 11+ hour ad buy and Clinton and Co. MST3k riff the GOP.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PhazonLink posted:

Someone post the gif from the 11+ hour Mr. Ben Ghazi hearing. The one where she just brushes dust off her jacket. Tia.

edit: Also is it possible to do a 11+ hour ad buy and Clinton and Co. MST3k riff the GOP.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/659555444202070016

(one of the top hits for "hillary clinton gif")

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

There is literally video of him yesterday doing something and now he thinks he can just rewrite his own words.

He's trying to do the thing that all of his followers have been doing of taking whatever horrible awful thing he said and just going "BWUUUUUH IT WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT WHAT HE REALLY SAID WAS THIS" when in reality no, it wasn't out of context and he really said the horrible awful thing.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Lord Hydronium posted:

It was a bit of perfect storm--he started with a boost of popularity due to media markets bleeding over from IL, and then the long primary forced him to build a pretty good ground game there to beat Hillary, which he pretty much kept intact until the election. The biggest thing to remember was that Obama's 2008 was steeped in a lot of language of bipartisanship, and for a while there was a decent bloc of moderate republicans that liked him, although that faded with Wright et al. He hung onto a a chunk of them though and that kept it close enough that big turnout in Gary, Indianapolis, South Bend, Bloomington and Evansville could get him over the top.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Crow Jane posted:

Let's not forget that you have to literally cancel your credit card if you want to stop your monthly contribution to his campaign.

You sort of can, but there's an obtuse and Byzantine process that you have to go through that is never really explained, no one will get back in touch with you to help you through the process and even when you do manage to cancel the recurring payments you still can't actually remove your card information without supplying a different, valid card number.

I think that's almost worse in a way.

https://t.co/QqdJnM60KS

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

vyelkin posted:

Yeah I ejected that mother and baby, but everyone was laughing about it so it's fine.

Totally cool, and not at all bullying.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crow Jane posted:

To be more blunt: he's actually robbing his own supporters now. This is the man the Republicans have pinned their hopes on.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trump is just running for president so his campaign can pay his companies with donor money. When an election is expected to cost $2 billion, getting half of the pie is a brilliant business strategy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

StrixNebulosa posted:

For anyone looking for a list of what Trump did this week, Hillary's twitter team has you covered:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/761643508054712320

They should do weekly coverage but it'll be real tough with only 140 characters.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

Trump is just running for president so his campaign can pay his companies with donor money. When an election is expected to cost $2 billion, getting half of the pie is a brilliant business strategy.

also an extremely dumb one if everything involved wasn't hilarious corrupt, but welp.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Just spoken by Rep. Dan Kildee (D-MI, Flint):

"We know what happened the last time someone said he'd take the lessons he learned in business and make Michigan great again."

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Its pretty lovely that the Democrats talk about how they support a $15 an hour minimum wage and how progressive they are, then city councils controlled by democrats do poo poo like this. Soooo progressive.

It demonstrates the hypocrisy when democrats say poo poo like, "well work at the local level to pass your progressive agenda, we totally support that." Yeah, ok. This is always how it plays out. Democrats will push against progressive policies at the local level, always. Because its safe and easy and doesn't get national attention when they gently caress over progressive groups while going we're the most progressive ever!

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

This is actually a thing I'm worried about : Al Gore got hammered for rolling his eyes at GWB's dumb answers. I'm sure there will be a few eyerolls that Hillary won't be able to restrain.

• Locked thread