Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

Was really surprised when I landed a stun on the 55 tower of dawn dragon. This whole time I just assumed he was immune. Why wouldn't he be? He's the big boss of normal TOD! Surely I can't just stun lock him with Bearman.

Oh, okay, he just doesn't give a gently caress and hits you anyway, that makes sense.

Might want to read every skill description in ToD to avoid nasty surprises. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Is there another overflow guild? I noticed both guilds in the op are full.

It's really hard to build a friends list at low level, just a graveyard of dead accounts. :( 3 days, level 25, 0 friends.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 3, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Op updated (page 3) with new soul gear commentary. Thanks!

Edit: Going to get me Henry's giant gently caress off power fist just for the looks :iamafag:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 3, 2016

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

Soul gear highlights:
Lance gets +2 movement decrease on his third, and +20% HP from his wings. This may make him actually good, instead of niche.
Henry's gauntlet gives him 5 square reach, and raises his passive another 2200 defense and 12% attack. In PVE with that crazy rear end counter build he may actually be a force to be reckoned with, especially with a 5 square range on his third to move him wherever you want.
Lee's third really did not need another 20% damage, and his passive certainly didn't need another 8.4% attack, but the passive will continue to be bad in battle of honor, so whatever.
Poni gets more auto-damage and more regen, which just makes him more attractive to me as a potential gold tiger.
Lily gets +1 push... and -20% damage while his movement is above 6, which is not bad at all.
Klein is a giant can of fuckoff that is going to make me whale out on soul gear packages, which are back. +20% confusion chance, and then wings for +800 attack for every 10% HP lost, which is just loving hilarious.
Sraka: Still bad
Elektra: Still bad.
Zero: Probably still bad, though 2200 def ignore and +1 move from his passive is attractive.

Noblesse heroes: Don't feel bad about not buying bloody gear.
Muzaka: +20% damage on his second skill, +3.2% regen on his passive. This is perhaps not quite as good as the bloody gear, but that's debatable.
Raskreia: +4% weakening on her already fantastic third skill is great, +4% on her passive is also great.
Frankenstein: +14% damage on second and third skill, and +40% chance of move decrease on the second. If these skill effects apply in addition to the bloody soul gear, he may actually be playable now. Well, not really, but it's a nice thought.
Seira: Her scythe is meh, a bit of extra damage on her third, but her wings do absurd things to her passive. Another 4% attack and 1200 dodge is pretty goddamn impressive, a 40% increase in her passive strength.

1-5 set conversion coupon: Not sure what the gently caress these are, best guess is they'll sub in for diamonds. I'm sure they wouldn't let us convert one set to another, even if it was same rarity.

Black capsules:
1 - Slime King's Dignity, Savage Token, I'm a Cat
2 - Time for your Shot!, Red Ranger, Ancient Witch's Curse
3 - Rebel army commander, black crescent, tiger claw tribe guardian.
4 - pathfinder, brushing wind, black ranger.
5 - angel knight, ultimate weapon gold tiger, sione's ominous prophecy.

Pulling for slime king is not recommended, as savage token and I'm a cat are mediocre and poo poo, respectively.
2 star is solid, 3 star is mediocre.
Four and five stars are fuckoff amazing, this is where you want to be pulling.
Black ranger is amazing even as a two piece, as a three piece it's fantastic on your guild raid characters, because final skill power adds after defense comes off. Brushing Wind pairs fantastically with 3 different 3 star sets, one of which is up this week at A rank, and pathfinder is loving pathfinder.
Angel Knight is fantastic as a 2 piece, Sione's Ominous Prophecy is not great, but angel knight and gold tiger together, with the ten spot set piece guarantee up, makes it worth it worth going for, for me.

I have one piece of Gold Tiger. Is it worth holding onto my 1200 gems for the new sets? Was planning on another for this week but I have a full revelations and 1 of the SS and 0 of the S.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

It's really hard to build a friends list at low level, just a graveyard of dead accounts. :( 3 days, level 25, 0 friends.

I'll be your friend. Send an invite to Wikiwikiwa in game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MooselanderII posted:

I have one piece of Gold Tiger. Is it worth holding onto my 1200 gems for the new sets? Was planning on another for this week but I have a full revelations and 1 of the SS and 0 of the S.

I'm not sure I'd risk either of those, really. Chances of getting either is pretty low.

Side note, I'm going to be mostly inactive until Sunday night, as I'm at gencon.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm not sure I'd risk either of those, really. Chances of getting either is pretty low.

Side note, I'm going to be mostly inactive until Sunday night, as I'm at gencon.

Should I go for this week's 4 instead?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MooselanderII posted:

Should I go for this week's 4 instead?

The one with black ranger? Absolutely, two pieces of that is quite likely, and a giant boost.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Mirthless posted:

Spam "add me" in chat channels 0 and 1, and look for other people doing the same.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Mirthless, I'll friend ya. The names GodsBlister.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So, how long will this pgene sale last, again?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So, how long will this pgene sale last, again?

Ends when maint starts later today.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I think I found a problem with the Premium Rebirth Tickets:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

What is platinum rebirth anyways?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I noticed the platinum rebirth button, but where do tickets come from?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Brand new accounts only for now. It lets you rebirth a hero without paying the golem/gold cost.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That's pretty cool. If they're buggy I'd rather just gather the mats from 4-5.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

This has got to be the weirdest maintenance time I have ever seen.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Nomadic Scholar posted:

That's pretty cool. If they're buggy I'd rather just gather the mats from 4-5.

The 3* rebirth ticket gives you 210k xp, and will take a 2* lvl 1 hero to 3* lvl 6, which is nice if you're in a hurry, and it was free.

The bug only seems to have affected one of the two characters I used the tickets on.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
After clearing TOD normal for the first time late last month, I was really looking forward to this month's random set.

I got the TOD-only set :effort:

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Did a pull at 5*, hoping to get at least one piece of gold tiger, already had the weapon. Got five set items.

All of them were Sione's

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How bad is the Sione's set?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

How bad is the Sione's set?

I think it's probably the best offensive 5* A rank set. There aren't a lot of good 5* A rank sets to begin with anyway.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well then it's good that I got the weapon for free. Also man is grinding out evolution mats mind numbing, as I have to remember to actually check the phone for lord skills/full inventory.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Well my Kitty strat decided to screw me over with RNG. With 3 Kitty mercs, the boss somehow managed to resist the DoT effect on Deb's 2nd skill in all 3 runs. Deb and Kitty are not tanky at all, so a single attack from the boss outright kills them all.

I swear this should work if RNG isn't busy shoving its fist up my rear end.

edit: Here's a video of the setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygkjJZ2JeQ0
The advantage of doing this method over the Mu/Unknown/Alex + Stun Merc method is that the stun chance is consistent each turn and you get 2 paper tiles. For whatever stupid reason, I've had some terrible luck. I also don't know why Deb's 2nd skill didn't apply DoT. I went out and tried it in a normal dungeon and it works fine.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Aug 6, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
I used Jack and Muzaka's second for DoTs. I use Muz for that fight anyhow, and Jack is reasonably tanky.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 6, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So this is why every top guild uses Lee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6VcXtkGfgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8MXDMGGhsc
Looks like I have to invest more into my Lee then.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Somefool posted:

So this is why every top guild uses Lee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6VcXtkGfgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8MXDMGGhsc
Looks like I have to invest more into my Lee then.

I guess certain set effects count as "buffs from active skills" then?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

I guess certain set effects count as "buffs from active skills" then?

No one focuses on trying to activate Lee's passive as far as I know. If you plan to gear Lee for guild raid, just max his 2nd and 3rd skill and go full glass cannon. I guess the biggest difference that I forgot to factor is having the damage vs boss potential on accessories.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Somefool posted:

No one focuses on trying to activate Lee's passive as far as I know. If you plan to gear Lee for guild raid, just max his 2nd and 3rd skill and go full glass cannon. I guess the biggest difference that I forgot to factor is having the damage vs boss potential on accessories.

Yeah, as I understand, that one is quite important to guild raid. I've bumped it up on my priority list in general because of that.

Also, the recover x% of DoT taken is key for the boss that spams DoTs on you. I've seen my Raboff outlive basically every guild merc Raboff in that fight because I have a few of those mods on his gear.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Any tips for gearing up Valkyrie? What sets does she want if I want to do the dumb dodgetank build, as I'm on my way to having a lite build of it thanks to all these awesome affixes I'm getting on stuff. (It's mostly just atk by hp and dodge off def on like 3 separate items on the former and 1 for the latter.)

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Any tips for gearing up Valkyrie? What sets does she want if I want to do the dumb dodgetank build, as I'm on my way to having a lite build of it thanks to all these awesome affixes I'm getting on stuff. (It's mostly just atk by hp and dodge off def on like 3 separate items on the former and 1 for the latter.)

If you can't go for the 3* and 4* S rank ranger sets, you can do something similar with A rank sets. For 3*, you can aim for 3 piece Tiger Claw for the 1500 def and dodge. The current 4* set in the event shop actually works well for Valk too. You only need 2 pieces of it for +1000 dodge. You can probably skip the accessory if you don't care about attack on her and replace it with a brooch. Or if you do want her to have more attack, then you can go for all 3 pieces.

Besides those sets, aim for +HP sets. You happened to miss a really good 2* set for Valk last week which was the Coocoo Ranger: Red! It's a bow/shoe/brooch combo where the 2pc effect gives def and 3pc gives HP. Since it's a 2* S rank set, it shouldn't be too difficult to get all 3.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Alright. This seems like a reasonable thing to blow my crystals on once I have her at 5*, I'm just trying to plan ahead at this point and trying to learn what gear o need. Def gonna try for tiger claw though.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Cleared 110

More lovely A rank sets. :toot:

Floor 110 for this month is extremely difficult if you don't have good gear since the dragon is immune to Hellfire. The easiest method is to apply stun + 3 other debuffs.

I followed Reyson's strat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgcvYZyRabA

He used Mu/Krut/Reina/Mas/Deb. I used Mu/Krut/Chenny/Mas/Deb. I was too lazy to shuffle gear onto Reina. You don't have to follow his party exactly, but you do need to consider bringing heroes who can apply debuffs. If you want to try this with Chenny, you need her 2nd skill maxed.

I had to do a couple of things differently compared to what he did in the video. Instead of using Hellfire/Grace, I went with maxed out High Morale because I actually lacked damage. Most of the damage comes from Krut and I couldn't match his Krut's damage even though mine is pretty well geared. My Krut had 36k attack, Chenny had 28k and everyone else is 22k.

My Mu's stun is maxed out which actually became a problem. If your Mu's stun is maxed out or high level, you have to roll some +MP potentials otherwise she will run out of mana before the dragon will die. This is especially important if your team doesn't deal as much damage as Reyson did.

This floor is a giant gear check. It's possible to do it without set items, but you would need to roll all the good damage potentials onto everything especially for Krut.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/developers-note-14-defense-mode-library-in-the-sky/1783080845239560

quote:

The enormous and majestic gold dragon that guards the Tower of Dawn!

However, this was before she had gone mad by the sacred oath to guard the Tower of Dawn; a cheerful and jolly dragon she was, she morphed into a human form to take care of young Yekaterina.

It's a she. :shepface:

Here's hoping we get 2 new heroes.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Well, it does say

quote:

The wise and compassionate dragon will come to you lords as a new hero!

So I guess we can look forward to killing Celestial with Celestial.

Also, widdle Yeka is adorable.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Grinding losses in arena for Belle is the worst. Absolutely no fun.

In other news, I appreciate the strong mercs from our guild very much! My amateurish progress in this game would be even slower without them. Are a few of them specced for Guild Battle especially? NinjaDebugger's Belle nearly got me to my first S- rank today but after his I'm always picking more or less randomly.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Guild battle mercs are usually chosen for the debuff the boss isn't immune to, which is usually either disarm or stun. Ninja's mercs in particular are just strong as hell and will get you some raid points regardless.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Speaking of BOH, any tips for this week's lava tube map?

Last week's square map was easy for me to abuse stuns and charms. I managed to finish in the top 9% despite facing full lvl 70 teams with 20k more power than me.

I managed to barely unlock Belle with the rewards. Now to start the grind for Persona :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Secx posted:

Speaking of BOH, any tips for this week's lava tube map?

Last week's square map was easy for me to abuse stuns and charms. I managed to finish in the top 9% despite facing full lvl 70 teams with 20k more power than me.

I managed to barely unlock Belle with the rewards. Now to start the grind for Persona :effort:

Damage Dealer/Tank/Tank/Damage Dealer

Your slot 2 tank will always be attacked first, so go with someone tankier than slot 3. If possible, slot 1 should have some sort of aoe with 3 range tile aoe because if the enemy gets to go first, you can nuke 2 heroes at once. Besides that, learn to block the tube entrances to force the ai to waste turns.

ALSO I NEED LEE FOR MERCS ON MONDAYS!

• Locked thread