Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

TeaJay posted:

I already did this on all my characters but then I got a thought: do you get the same rewards on a non-level 80 character? As in, would it be worth it to create characters for a quick Bloodstone fen clear?

They changed the scroll to only work for level 80 characters because of people doing this. People used to do with Southsun back before they changed it but I could never manage it, I always got killed too quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Should I be saving Tomes of Knowledge for anything (read: crafting), or can I spend them on alts with reckless abandon?

Also thanks/props to the cool dudes running HP trains over the past couple weeks. It's actually a lot of fun running through maps with a bunch of buddies, who knew! Once I'm less of a clueless noob, hopefully I can help (ports/swiftness??) runs like that :shobon:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I'd use them on alts if you're stuck but if you're new and are still playing through the story/leveling you might want to be judicious with using them until the later levels as some of the story missions are cool and really set the stage for the game world. Doubly so if you're making alts from each race.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Awesome, thank you! Yeah, I was planning on using them to boost through some of the earlier levels to the specialization slot unlock milestones, like 45(?). I'm still having a lot of fun just discovering stuff in the world, so I appreciate the heads up.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
It's probably better to save them to finish leveling to 80 instead of trying to level up faster, since the XP needed to level increases with each level.

Roc
Nov 8, 2010

nickhimself posted:

It's probably better to save them to finish leveling to 80 instead of trying to level up faster, since the XP needed to level increases with each level.

The rate of which you gain XP past level 20 is linear, while the numbers are bigger the rate remains the same.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
I don't know if it's still this way, but I found the levels 60-70 to be the slowest. 1-20 is normal early game quick and 70-80 is super fast because of Orr.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
That's what I remember too, and I recall a few others years back saying the same things regarding saving your tomes for the slow slog of 50-70.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Just make sure to stay away from the Shiverpeaks, or at least the underground bits of it. When you're still leveling the Dredge are a huge slog.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Aw man I loved the Shiverpeaks. Prettiest areas in the game.

Fight me.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
I just got the expansion, and plan on coming back to the game full force this weekend.

Which guild would be the best for a casual/sometimes hardcore player to join?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

iRoNgHosT posted:

I just got the expansion, and plan on coming back to the game full force this weekend.

Which guild would be the best for a casual/sometimes hardcore player to join?

You can join both.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

and see all guild chats at the same time, too - so you can have both guilds' lovely chatter beamed right into your skull at all times

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

and see all guild chats at the same time, too - so you can have both guilds' lovely chatter beamed right into your skull at all times

My mom says I'm delightful

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

CLAM DOWN posted:

My mom says I'm delightful

She says that to everyone who can work their way past the blubber, though.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

ManSedan posted:

Aw man I loved the Shiverpeaks. Prettiest areas in the game.

Fight me.

It's fine if you stick to the surface where most of the pretty stuff is, it's the underground bits filled with durable blind-immune molemen that throw buffs around like they're going out of style that you want to stay out of.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jesus christ the Mordremoth fight is about to make me uninstall this game holy poo poo whose idea was it to put instakill mechanics in and then make you start over from the beginning if you die

EDIT: hahaha never mind, Cletus your cheese strats saved me, that was beautiful

Harrow fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 6, 2016

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

My favorite bug report I've submitted to date:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCMideg4BVQ

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Unoriginal One posted:

It's fine if you stick to the surface where most of the pretty stuff is, it's the underground bits filled with durable blind-immune molemen that throw buffs around like they're going out of style that you want to stay out of.

Wait are we still talking about Arus' mom?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

treizebee posted:

That's what I remember too, and I recall a few others years back saying the same things regarding saving your tomes for the slow slog of 50-70.

I have leveled 3 characters to 80 in the last 2 months and i noticed no real slowdown in the higher levels. If anything i'd say it was faster as there is less competition for targets.
Depends on how you level i guess. I grinded enemies, not hearts or story quests.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

some jagoff in my pvp match voted for spirit watch (literally the worst match) then a guy on the enemy team disconnected so it was basically a free win

this is poo poo because i need my capricorn achievements, so i decided to mess around. turns out some people dont like rock paper scissors very much

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Guy being smug about scoring almost half as many points as the enemy team.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
WvW reset. If this guy followed through with his opening threat to post on the internet, we might need to keep a low profile for a few days.

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

I'm doing my best to single handedly destroy SFDs WvW rep*, if you see me online please feel free to join

* i dont know if we have a rep

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Everyday Goast posted:

I'm doing my best to single handedly destroy SFDs WvW rep*, if you see me online please feel free to join

So you're running around being polite, helpful, and competent? :confused:

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

What no ok I'm reinforcing SFDs rep then

I'd still like friends to do it with me :3

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

nickhimself posted:

wow, wtf?

I'm really glad I didn't impulse buy that first tier last night because I'm essentially poor (like 30g) and just wanted to get these mastery tiers leveled up a little faster. I was close to having enough unbound magic for all three of those, or so I thought. That would have been a swift kick in the balls to see the prices jump so much

You gave me some cool stuff when i was starting out in Marvel Heroes, if you post your in game name I'll send you some gold.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Everyday Goast posted:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I always make sure to summon teq while repping SFD.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Is there any WvW activity any more? I started playing for the first time in years, joined Eternal Battlegrounds, and there was basically nothing going on. Is there still a goon presence on Maguuma?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Is there any WvW activity any more? I started playing for the first time in years, joined Eternal Battlegrounds, and there was basically nothing going on. Is there still a goon presence on Maguuma?

Yes, there's always WvW going on. And yes, read the OP!

vvvv :drat:

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 7, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
If you weren't able to find it, ask someone to pull out your breathing tube.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

malhavok posted:

You gave me some cool stuff when i was starting out in Marvel Heroes, if you post your in game name I'll send you some gold.

uh... deal!

nickhimself.2739

also: guild events was really fun and I look forward to running that next week

group stuff owns

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

nickhimself posted:

also: guild events was really fun and I look forward to running that next week

group stuff owns

im glad you had fun with it, you will be able to buy one of those pink accessories next week and a second one the week after, then your dude will be decked out!!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

For Harambe.

Also gently caress torches forever.

Please don't ask me how loving long that took.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 7, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
How loving long that took?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Kajeesus posted:

How loving long that took?

[Triggered]

Probably a good 2 hours.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Lonk posted:

For Harambe.

Also gently caress torches forever.

Please don't ask me how loving long that took.

Holy poo poo, hahaha didn't expect anyone to actually do it. (The frog also talks so if you missed that you should do it again) When I log in later I'll send you some gold or some poo poo.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Those tockos are sublime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
With the current american candidates, I don't think there is a better time then this year for another Evon Gnashblade vs Ellen election

• Locked thread