Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Holy poo poo guys, next time you send someone a snopes link, please also send along the number to the National Suicide Hotline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graedyn
Feb 21, 2009

Wedge Regret

Simsmagic posted:

what is even considered a toxin

I just always considered a toxin as something natural or manufactured that you're exposed to, either via food/water or the environment, that has no nutritional or physiological value to you or can cause harm because of the possibility of it building up to toxic levels. Like, a lot of well water has varying levels of arsenic, depending on where you are. I personally would consider arsenic a toxin in this case.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Graedyn posted:

I just always considered a toxin as something natural or manufactured that you're exposed to, either via food/water or the environment, that has no nutritional or physiological value to you or can cause harm because of the possibility of it building up to toxic levels. Like, a lot of well water has varying levels of arsenic, depending on where you are. I personally would consider arsenic a toxin in this case.

That is a much better answer than I've ever heard before when someone asked the toxin question.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I mean you could also just google and find the actual definition of what a toxin is

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Graedyn posted:

The toxicity of a substance is determined by the concentration. Any substance, natural or artificially synthesized, nutritious or not, has the potential to be toxic. Toxins are not a class of chemicals.
Ofcourse it's not at all unreasonable to call a substance that's highly toxic, e.a: causes harmful effects at very low concentration, a toxin.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FlyinPingu posted:

I mean you could also just google and find the actual definition of what a toxin is

:confused:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Poisonous snakes

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

There is new research that states that all it takes for a person to detox is to reach a bio-psychodynamic equilibrium.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Lottery of Babylon posted:

There is new research that states that all it takes for a person to detox is to reach a bio-psychodynamic equilibrium.

LoB but :wtc:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

By research, they mean they smoked a fuckload of weed.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Reposting TCC posts in here is really just being lazy now, LoB

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

That's pretty amazingly stupid.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Aphrodite posted:

Well, I found the point for me to remove the crazy Trump lover I went to high school with.

Suggesting that the Clintons are having people who criticize them assassinated is just so absurdly stupid, that's where I'm done.
Unsurprisingly, that's been floating around since the 90s. Even made it to the front page of Imgur a couple weeks ago! :suicide:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, this was just the new addition with the Thorn guy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

hyperhazard posted:

Unsurprisingly, that's been floating around since the 90s. Even made it to the front page of Imgur a couple weeks ago! :suicide:

The ingenious thing about the "Clinton murdered like 50 people" thing is that, due to the sheer number of people involved, the only way to fully address it is to make a really long argument explaining the different ways the various cases are being presented misleadingly (if not outright being lied about).

For many people, including the types of people who would believe a conspiracy theory this dumb, someone talking/writing a lot during an argument is perceived as dishonesty. There's this general perception among many people that, if someone talks a lot, it means they're trying to trick you. So, by creating an argument that can only be fully addressed with a long response, you put yourself in a situation where you'll never feel wrong. Either you can accuse the person if not fully addressing every point, or you can say that they're just trying to fool you with all their words.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

This is so good, it just shows how dumb it is to memorize the pledge without knowing what any of it means.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We live in a republic for witchet stands, dammit!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Aphrodite posted:

Well, I found the point for me to remove the crazy Trump lover I went to high school with.

Suggesting that the Clintons are having people who criticize them assassinated is just so absurdly stupid, that's where I'm done.

No! Instead you have to post the Amazon description of his book Jesus Speaks: Secret Knowledge and Initiation at the Last Supper on his Facebook page.

quote:

The First Conspiracy ... The Last Conspiracy ... The Ultimate Conspiracy ...!!! What did Jesus tell his followers during the Last Supper? The Four Gospels offer limited clues, despite the obviously profound importance of this event. Faced with an impending arrest, Jesus knew that he'd never again be able to address those closest to him. Yet for 2,000 years, one of the greatest enigmas of our time has remained cloaked in mystery. What words of wisdom did this profound teacher disclose to his adherents? Now, in his most controversial book yet, Victor Thorn provides an epic, brutally honest portrait of the human condition that rivals anything ever placed on the printed page. Iconoclastic, and searing in its fearlessness, the veil of illusion is finally stripped away to completely expose the naked reality of our existence. One early critic stated that he wished every copy of this book would be burned so that no one else ever had the opportunity to read it. Thorn's words are more dangerous than any sword, and once the reader enters this battlefield of the mind, they ll emerge with insights that dramatically impact the way our past, present, and futures are viewed. Few books withhold the potential to change lives, but Jesus Speaks promises to open new vistas of understanding. This is major league conspiracy theory, and once this quest is embarked upon, a paradigm shift of undeniable proportions is sure to take place. A seductively disturbing journey into the heart of mankind s existence. Describing this book as unique is akin to calling the Great Sphinx just another monument. Liberating. Some of the topics included in Jesus Speaks: The sponsors of Jesus travels afar during his teenage years and early adult life, which lands he visited outside Israel, and the influential teachers that helped shape his world vision and philosophy. Although commonly called the devil, Lucifer, or Satan; the true source of evil (whose identity has been masked for millennia) is finally revealed. Who Jesus actually confronted in the desert after being baptized (prior to beginning his ministry). Proof of how the Genesis creation stories, as well as figures such as Moses and Abraham, were plagiarized from earlier cultures and mythologies. Were our ancestors, the original proto-human occupants of earth, targeted for genetic manipulation, then controlled through the invention of organized religion and government? Who were the ultimate culprits behind this nefarious plot? Discover the ghastly results of these medical experiments gone awry. Learn how ancient Mystery Schools, secret societies, and select familial bloodlines established a control pyramid that stretched from Sumeria, Mesopotamia, Babylon, Egypt, Greece, and Rome. The suppressed importance of forbidden archaeology, and a tour de force of lost monuments from prehistoric times. Conceptual differences between gradualism and catastrophism. Cycles of civilization explained, and how mankind existed on this planet long before our most recent 6,000 year epoch of time. Hidden symbolic meanings withheld in the Garden of Eden, Noah s Ark, Tower of Babel, Sodom & Gomorrah, plus Cain & Abel; and how they relate to the fundamental building block of life DNA. The true importance of Atlantis, the Great Pyramid, and other archaeological wonders. What caused the actual Fall of Man ? Discover how kings, pharaohs, princes, lords, generals, rabbis, and priests were put in place to subjugate man. Why the Old Testament is so strewn with violence, and how it involves Yahweh. Where did the Ten Commandments originate, and what they really mean. Who really raised Jesus, and how this small, isolated group that was erased from the New Testament were the most important figures in his life. John the Baptist s rebellious heroism, as well note: it cuts off there

The start posting links to Thorn's Holocaust denial books.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Data Graham posted:

We live in a republic for witchet stands, dammit!

Fuuuuuuuuuck I thought I was the only person who spent years of their childhood wondering what a witchit stand was. :aaaaa:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

fullroundaction posted:

Poisonous snakes

Don't eat them and you should be fine.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Don't eat them and you should be fine.

Venom Dart Frogs

edit: Poison Ivy :colbert:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

unwantedplatypus posted:

Venom Dart Frogs

edit: Poison Ivy :colbert:

Venom dart frogs get their name from the natives of that area collecting the poison, and applying it to their weaponry. The frog contains no darts.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm a drugs researcher. Don't lick a frog/toad, folks.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
my town dot jay peg

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've got a lovely little honeypot, doodoo-doo-doodoo~ ♬

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Once again the white man is made responsible for the poor choices of minorities

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Data Graham posted:

But I don't get the feeling imgur is any more distincive-user-centric than the Anon chans. Hell, I've been on SA for the better part of a decade and (and I mean this in the most self-deprecating way possible) I am only just now starting to be able to recognize certain individual usernames and link them to personalities in my head.

I was thinking, "I recognize you," when I got to the part about personalities, and I realized you're right. I recognize you because of your avatar (I commissioned Asimov artwork from another goon), but I can't link you to any specific posts or behavior in my brain. To be fair, that means you're at least not utterly reprehensible, because I'd probably remember that.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Well, Track A is racist against the ghost people.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

my town dot jay peg

Nothing wrong with this :911:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I've got a lovely little honeypot, doodoo-doo-doodoo~ ♬

Wait, is this some kind of bootstraps metaphor?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

to be successful in life you have to idly sit by and watch a bunch of minorities get slaughtered? I don't like this at all

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It means that only people who "tell it like it is" (such as Trump) know the real way to save minorities but most of them are too afraid of being labeled a racist to go through with it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Centripetal Horse posted:

I was thinking, "I recognize you," when I got to the part about personalities, and I realized you're right. I recognize you because of your avatar (I commissioned Asimov artwork from another goon), but I can't link you to any specific posts or behavior in my brain. To be fair, that means you're at least not utterly reprehensible, because I'd probably remember that.

That's the most affirming thing anyone's ever said to me on this forum, now I can enjoy the weekend :sax:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It means that only people who "tell it like it is" (such as Trump) know the real way to save minorities but most of them are too afraid of being labeled a racist to go through with it.

Running people over with a train instead of switching it to a perfectly clear track is obviously the right thing to do because

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Data Graham posted:

That's the most affirming thing anyone's ever said to me on this forum, now I can enjoy the weekend :sax:

I am glad to provide a little cheer.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Running people over with a train instead of switching it to a perfectly clear track is obviously the right thing to do because

Throwing the switch is clearly the right thing to do. That comic isn't saying otherwise. The comic is saying people are afraid to do what they know is right, because they will be ostracized and suffer unjust consequences. The comic is stupid, but not because it's claiming that running over minorities with a train is the correct course of action.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

1. Why proud you swear?
2. What does it have to do with a pin-up girl?
3. Why post a censored image about swearing-pride?

It's too much man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Captain Lavender posted:

1. Why proud you swear?
2. What does it have to do with a pin-up girl?
3. Why post a censored image about swearing-pride?

It's too much man.

Today's young women - any under 30 - were all mostly raised by single mothers because all of their mothers were whores and it's impossible to keep a father in the home when your mother is a whore.

So they were all raised by stupid trash whores and of course have zero social skills at all, all the charm of diarehha, zero character, complete flakes, zero shame and just cuss like a sailor, zero accountability, no concept of graciousness or empathy, just horrendous, vile and toxic, STD infested subhuman piles of poo poo as people, covered in tats and of course incredibly stupid and ignorant of everything and going further downhill and down the toilet everyday.

You see all these articles about how fathers are 'critical' to a child's socialization and development, well that's because men are simply better people all around; we have to be because that's what society expects from us; to be accountable and holds us accountable and we have to earn our way and earn respect, not just simply demand it like a oval office does.

And we're just better people anyway, most of us mentally stable and consistent, while cunts are mentally and emotionally unstable and psychotic from birth. The articles are a kind way of saying women are horrible subhuman poo poo people and men are real people which is why children need a father to simply teach them HOW TO BEHAVE and socialize and interact with the world as well as teach them moral and ethics. While women are barely above animals mentally or like toddlers, spiteful, petty, stupid, ignorant, jealous, flaky, vindictive, vile with all the attention span of a gnat.

Women are far too stupid to understand right from wrong much less concepts as complex as morality, commitment and ethics, which is why all of these young girls are so completely mindless and on the level of animals. A dog has far more character and intelligence than today's female.

Today's women are nothing but the lowest form of trash in human history. And of course in some ways women over 30 are even worse - they're just as low and just as trashy and stupid, but actually believe they are superior to men and more intelligent, which is always hysterical to watch i action as any man can instantly ruin their day by showing them just how loving stupid and uselss they are every second of the day.