Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aethernet posted:

There's a new Skyforce level out. Is there a spreadsheet anywhere so I can Shoot with Goons?
There's one here but in my experience the game is broken and doesn't show most of the people that you have added, I couldn't ever get five people to shoe up to do the competition despite having a bunch added on G+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Western release of yet another made for mobile Final Fantasy, Mobius Final Fantasy is out now.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 3, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Any goons still playing Marvel Contest of Champions? I picked it back up the other day. I had only gotten to level 8 before, but I got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 when it re-released the other day and I've been in a Marvel mood.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mrkillboy posted:

If anyone is looking for a new fighting game to sink their teeth into, here's a new, uh fencing game that's just come out in time for the Olympics. Novelty aside, its actually pretty good!

it's a video game produced by the international governing body of a sport. can't say i've seen that before

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kunster posted:

I've been lately having a blast with Tracky Train.

It's one of those games you control ala Snake a track layer and have to provide a route for your train to go around picking passengers and leaving them in stations. The graphics are cute, the sound design is fun and aside from the occasional lag, it honestly works well. There's currency in game and that's to buy more carriages and trains as the game follows. Adverts are for in case you don't wanna spend currency on two other tries (100 and 200 respectively on a run), and at some point you're getting so much currency that you're fine either way paying 300 coins per trip and just want to see what else comes by. You can get it here.

Also, they recently updated that aquarium game so it no longer locks up on the opening at times, so in case you wanna give a shot at one of the better incremental based games, give it a shot now!

This is fun. It's currently scratching the crossy road / pacman 256 itch.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The devs behind Don't Starve are looking for beta testers for the upcoming Android version of the game. Sign up here and find your device in a drop down list of what I'm pretty sure is every single Android device out in the market.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

The devs behind Don't Starve are looking for beta testers for the upcoming Android version of the game. Sign up here and find your device in a drop down list of what I'm pretty sure is every single Android device out in the market.

I'm thinking that the list was that of everyone who had added their phone with the 'add another device' button. I picked the one that matched mine the closest, which was LG G4 - P1. I have no idea what the gently caress the P1 is for, but I picked it.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

thehoodie posted:

Anyone playing Score! Hero? It's basically a soccer puzzle game where you have to pass and shoot your way to victory. It's pretty fun, though there are some odd difficulty walls that I get stuck at after breezing through 10 levels before. Currently stuck on 155. Also gives me an appreciation for soccer players.

I've had a great time with this game so far. I don't find the difficulty to be THAT bad so far, but admittedly, I'm not very far into things. At least they give you the option of watching a quick ad for more stamina, which I don't mind...

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

mrkillboy posted:

The Western release of yet another made for mobile Final Fantasy, Mobius Final Fantasy is out now.

I don't know if anyone else is playing this, but it's pretty interesting so far. It's kind of a weird hybrid of KHUX and Record Keeper, but set in a post-apocalyptic (?) setting.

I can probably write more up later, still digging into it.

e: It also has a zodiac board system ala FF12, with multiple different job options, which could be interesting for multiplayer play.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 3, 2016

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Rafza posted:

I don't know if anyone else is playing this, but it's pretty interesting so far. It's kind of a weird hybrid of KHUX and Record Keeper, but set in a post-apocalyptic (?) setting.

I can probably write more up later, still digging into it.

e: It also has a zodiac board system ala FF12, with multiple different job options, which could be interesting for multiplayer play.

I saw it was a thing and downloaded it and downloaded the data pack but then it said it unlocks at 8:00 PST or something despite it being after 8:00 PST and then I had to go to work

Is it gatchapon-based advancement? I might play the poo poo out of this if gatchapon grinding isn't the primary powerup mechanic.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Boten Anna posted:

I saw it was a thing and downloaded it and downloaded the data pack but then it said it unlocks at 8:00 PST or something despite it being after 8:00 PST and then I had to go to work

Is it gatchapon-based advancement? I might play the poo poo out of this if gatchapon grinding isn't the primary powerup mechanic.

There is gachapon, but I'm not entirely convinced that its be-all end-all to being successful at the game. I haven't pulled yet, however, so I don't know.

e: They do have a 3000 Magicite (IAP currency) thing for 18.99 USD which gets you double skillseed (zodiac board points) for a month on top of a bunch of tickets, elixirs, and other goodies.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 3, 2016

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Tunga posted:

There's one here but in my experience the game is broken and doesn't show most of the people that you have added, I couldn't ever get five people to shoe up to do the competition despite having a bunch added on G+.

You need to add people on Google+ to play games with them? gently caress that. I don't want to endorse that thing even passively. I wondered why I couldn't find an 'Add Friends' button.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Trip report two for my moga hero a - while disabling wifi reduces the quarter second lag, I'm still dropping input frames and rendering poo poo like MegaMan X unplayable. Controller is garbage. Do not buy.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I've had pretty good luck with iPega controllers. I think I used a 9017 and a 9025. I only got the 9025 because I broke the clip on the other one. It was my fault, not the controllers.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

mrkillboy posted:

If anyone is looking for a new fighting game to sink their teeth into, here's a new, uh fencing game that's just come out in time for the Olympics. Novelty aside, its actually pretty good!

This is pretty drat cool!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Yeah, I'm really impressed with it. It's a really nice, professional looking game and there's a good breadth of match types and content to unlock. I also like how the "boss opponents" (for lack of a better term) have their own tells that you have to learn in order to beat them.

I wish there wasn't a stamina system though, but it hasn't become too annoying yet.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I like the fencing game as well. But I need to turn off the sound. Any idea?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I think you need to beat the first (tutorial) boss to get access to the main menu and the sound options.

I wish games would stop doing this.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 4, 2016

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i just installed that new ff game it also has dumb tutorials! so many games do the exact same hand-holding "you can only press this one button" crap, it's gotten to the point where sometimes my brain goes into autopilot and i just mash whatever thing they put in a shiny silhouette until it's done. of course this means that i miss the one or two little quirks of the game's barely-unique gacha system and i have to go look stuff up anyway. i almost don't even download games with that progression system anymore :sigh:

edit: mobius ff also uses a lot of data

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 4, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Dammit SkyForce, just give me the 24th card already! I've been playing (somewhat sporadically) since this new game came out, and I've got every other collectible thing (assuming there's still one ship that's unavailable), but this dumb card just eludes me.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Well, I finally beat AdCap

The update from a couple weeks ago added a bunch of upgrades and multipliers that made earth a lot easier to beat.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Shine posted:

This is pretty drat cool!

Surprisingly complex and fun so far

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Sentinels of the Multiverse, a cool board/card game where you play as a team of superheroes fighting a supervillian, updated their app version today to support phones (previously, it only supported tablets). I haven't played the phone version yet, but they claim to have put a lot of work in optimizing it for smaller screens with new features rather than just scaling it down. In celebration of the release of the phone app, it is on sale today for 70% off! ($2.99 instead of $9.99)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handelabra.Sentinels&hl=en

The physical version is a ton of fun too if you have some people to play with. Each hero is it's own deck of cards so they all play very differently and no game is quite the same.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

peepsalot posted:

Well, I finally beat AdCap

The update from a couple weeks ago added a bunch of upgrades and multipliers that made earth a lot easier to beat.

I didn't realize this game had an ending. I guess I'll keep playing, thanks!

Is anyone playing Motor World: Car Factory and/or Motor World: Bike Factory?

I could use friend codes for both. Car Factory: ef1pvgv, Bike Factory: etdw4y

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Dragon Quest VIII free on the Amazon App Store!

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

Dragon Quest VIII free on the Amazon App Store!

What the poo poo, haha. I remember paying entirely too much money for that not too long ago

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is it showing up as 19.99 for anyone else? I want to click 'buy' but I also don't want it to just charge me, in case it's a 'not free in Canada' sort of deal, or they just haven't updated the actual button to say 'free' yet. It's in the 'Top Free Apps' section, though... with the price right next to it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is it showing up as 19.99 for anyone else? I want to click 'buy' but I also don't want it to just charge me, in case it's a 'not free in Canada' sort of deal, or they just haven't updated the actual button to say 'free' yet. It's in the 'Top Free Apps' section, though... with the price right next to it.

It was free for me yesterday (in Canada), but it might've rolled back to the original price at midnight.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I hit the download for free, it sat there "Downloading" all night, still says "Downloading" today, and I have no app. Was it a Kindle exclusive or something?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I picked it up on my S6, it definitely had the 19.99 crossed out and said "Free" last night around 12am EST. I let it download last night and seems like it installed ok.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
worked fine on my kindle. i'm not entirely sure i actually want to play it since i already have it on ps2, but i at least downloaded it for free.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Got the itch to play pocket planes again... went to open the app on to be told it couldn't connect. So I uninstalled to reinstall from play store AND COULDN"T FIND IT!!!!

Nimble.... why!?!!!!

So said whatever and went to reinstall Nimble Quest. Went to restore purchases to get my 10x red gems and it couldn't connect/confirm the purchase... NIMBLE WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!!!!?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

rotaryfun posted:

Got the itch to play pocket planes again... went to open the app on to be told it couldn't connect. So I uninstalled to reinstall from play store AND COULDN"T FIND IT!!!!

Nimble.... why!?!!!!

So said whatever and went to reinstall Nimble Quest. Went to restore purchases to get my 10x red gems and it couldn't connect/confirm the purchase... NIMBLE WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!!!!?

I think those Mobage jerks handled the Android port and it went to bit hell along with the original version of Tiny Tower.

Nimblebit devs have posted in this thread saying they're keeping an eye on how well the Tiny Tower Anniversary Edition goes to decide to bring back Planes and the other games that fell into the Mobage Bit Bucket.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

rotaryfun posted:

I restored my purchase on nimble quest earlier this week and it worked fine.

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010
Looking for android games that play like the board game Ticket to Ride. Been playing that on my tab & I like that the action is quick and engaging. It keeps my attention really well & I feel like I'm always doing something.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How do I do better at this loving fencing game? I'm always getting my rear end kicked, especially by the guys who can do two attacks in quick succession, which isn't possible for me.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

5thMouseButton posted:

Looking for android games that play like the board game Ticket to Ride. Been playing that on my tab & I like that the action is quick and engaging. It keeps my attention really well & I feel like I'm always doing something.

Why on earth would you want to play Ticket to Ride without your friends right there to start a fistfight with over the final scoring phase??

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

5thMouseButton posted:

If you like trains: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimblebit.pockettrains&hl=en

If you just like fun board/card games as android apps: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playdekgames.android.Ascension&hl=en

If Ascention isn't mainstream or CCG enough: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blizzard.wtcg.hearthstone&hl=en

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 5, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

hooah posted:

How do I do better at this loving fencing game? I'm always getting my rear end kicked, especially by the guys who can do two attacks in quick succession, which isn't possible for me.

Apart from trying to learn the opponent's tells, you could try mixing up your repertoire. Some of the moves you unlock seem to be more effective against different fencing styles, and you end up getting some really useful ones like a block/parry that's immediately followed by a counterattack. Too bad you can't mix and match individual moves though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I picked up Sentinels of the Multiverse the other day when it was posted. It's actually pretty fun although it took a hot minute for me to really figure out how my team worked together. Some of them I just haven't figured out how to use effectively either but I really liked it. Kind of tempted to pick up the real version now but I have so many deck building style games as is.