Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GaussianCopula posted:

Well obviously that's what they think they are (though people like Ian and Steve have probably are probably better at self-reflection) and most of us probably are not Derrick even if we believe to understand his game, but I'd argue that a lot of (game) superfans are closer to Derrick than they are to Jason.

ian only made it far because he was pitied, and taken under the wing of players who pitied him, and stevuh only won because no one saw him as a threat, while vanessa did all the dirty work. Both floaters who were lovely winners imho

ian won because of the bitterest jury ever, and stevuh won because he was against a more useless player than himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
A season of Dans, Derricks, Vanessas, and Franks would be pretty intense and awesome. It would also probably be exhausting.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

When I think of Derricks season I think of Derrick sitting outside quietly while chaos reigns inside the house

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

When I think of Derricks season I think of Derrick sitting outside quietly while chaos reigns inside the house

yeah derrick owned

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

A season of Dans, Derricks, Vanessas, and Franks would be pretty intense and awesome. It would also probably be exhausting.

This would be awesome.

Derrick's strength was that no one realized he was playing all sides of the house until final two. He had an amazing way of controlling the house vibe without anyone realizing what he was doing.

Paulie is doing the same thing but openly, and these idiots are too dumb to do anything about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve
Derrick
Andy (ugh)
Ian
Frank
Dan

Vanessa
Audrey
Shelli
Day
Helen
Amanda

Fill the house with amphetamines and watch then go totally loving insane. Not All Stars, just "BB: All Manic Edition." Only 30 days because any longer and they'd kill each other.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Steve played a well thought out game--he earned his victory. He carefully managed expectations and relationships all season and threw a ton of comps strategically before winning 4 HOHs in the last 6 weeks. He was annoying and a little boring, but he played a solid game. Making big moves and making strong alliances is exciting to watch, but makes you a target, and Steve played the floater game about as well as you can play it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rope hang endurance comp eh. I feel like James or Natalie could win this if they want to.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
James and Bridgette out when feeds come back. Corey out next for final Have Not. Meech doing well for about 20 minutes, then she pukes several times and falls off. Vomits into a bucket some more and then starts crying.

Yeah, no feeds cut or anything. Just straight burying her.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Of course James and Bridgette fall first. Christ, is this season haunted or something?!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

While they should have stayed longer, it will hopefully be good for them assuming they can go into double being able to play for HOH.

Edit: Down to Natalie, Z, Victor and Paulie.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 5, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ToastyPotato posted:

Of course James and Bridgette fall first. Christ, is this season haunted or something?!

James throws whenever he feels like he's not in danger. Which isn't great for him since he also doesn't get the best read on the house.

E: down to Natalie and Victor. C'mon Nat.

E2: Nat is struggling and Victor seems unaffected, we are on the express train to shitweek city.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 5, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just don't want to get my hopes up that Nat can win this.

Z completely quit. She's like the worst BB player ever.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nat gave up, Victor HoH, lol

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

gently caress this season.

Natalie, props for lasting so long, but drat it...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I assume James will be winning the care package to eliminate 2 votes, but I doubt that even has an impact.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nat didn't give up sp much as she broke. Two hours of pain and basically doubling anyone else's time shouldn't count as "giving up".

I have a bad feeling that the Cool Kids are going to push her as the big target now after that strong performance. The Pauls are going to feel threatened and Z and Michelle are going to get catty since they see Nat as "the floater" who doesn't deserve to be there when she just kicked both their asses.

Best hope is Victor follows through with his plan to nom Z and Michelle and Z gets booted for being useless/to weaken Paulie. I can't bring myself to believe Vic will take a shot at the Pauls. Paulie was saying he wanted to use Vic to put up Nicole/James so that's naturally what I'd bet on, because Vic is another weak willed minion.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
All I'm hearing is that Bridgette will survive another week.

Any chance of a mega cop out Bridge/Nat?

Wouldn't it be fun if Bridge won Veto and saved Nat (assuming no Bridge on the block), when Nat did little to save her all game?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

James deserves to feel the block for throwing that, that's fine. With another one-way pass gone, the odds increase that the evicted will come back in, which will make people more timid. Victor is already timid, he'll do whatever Paulie wants him to do.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

If there was finally a week for some "influence" on the HOH, now is the time to ensure certain people go up.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Teek posted:

If there was finally a week for some "influence" on the HOH, now is the time to ensure certain people go up.

the influence has already happened, Z and Meech going up.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, thankful for that. Just wish someone would now call Z and Meech out for reacting poorly to being on the block, after all the poo poo they've talked to previous people on there.

Also wondering who might be a replacement. Nicole, if he keeps Natalie safe? He's had a thing for getting her out for awhile now.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
This is best case scenario for Michelle, the person. The longer she's off the feeds and the internet has to fixate on other things, the better.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Teek posted:

Yeah, thankful for that. Just wish someone would now call Z and Meech out for reacting poorly to being on the block, after all the poo poo they've talked to previous people on there.

Also wondering who might be a replacement. Nicole, if he keeps Natalie safe? He's had a thing for getting her out for awhile now.

PP wants bridge for replacement, vic wants nat. Z is the target.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Pauline is dumb enough to tellZ off in her exit video isn't he.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sbaldrick posted:

Pauline is dumb enough to tellZ off in her exit video isn't he.

Paulie is the first HG I can remember backstabbing his showmance partner since Boogie. I don't think there's a limit to how much Paulie is willing to look Ike a total douche.

I didn't watch anything after the comp last night but it should be interesting to see how the girls react. There's no way they should buy that the Pauls have nothing to do with the noms. This is a massive betrayal from Paulie. But Z and Michelle are doormats so I have no idea how they'll react.

Just kidding. Michelle will cry a lot.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Maybe Paulie's real showmance is Paul...

At least Boogie waited until the final four during All Stars.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I caught up on what I missed. Apparently:

- Z and Michelle think Paul was blindsided by Day's eviction and that Paulie was just voting on his own. They blame James and Natalie for flipping, because they're morons. Like the worst BB players ever. I owe Meg and Jason apologies. Victoria was more clued in than these two.

- The Douche Patrol have officially dubbed themselves "The Board". Vic is the CEO, Paul is the CFO (the F stands for Friendship), and Paulie is the COO. Expect this to be a terrible segment on TV like the 3AM forming that happened 2 weeks before they collapsed.

- Z is the official target for Victor but Paulie already worked on James to shift the target onto Michelle. I was going to give Victor credit for honoring his promise to Nat and respecting she fought so hard, but he actually wanted to target her and Paulie talked him out of it. This is another Paulie HOH. The fourth in a row.

- Paulie and Paul convinced Victor to throw Mardi Gras beads at Michelle and Z during noms. Remember, Victor hates Nat because she said he was disrespectful to women. So by all means, show her by using your HOH noms to yell "show us your tits" at two women you're nominating.

- Nicole did damage control with Z and Michelle saying she had to get out Day because she was targeting her and just was worried they'd tell her. She also told Corey about the Fatal Five and Corey told her everyone always knows because Tiffany blew it all up. Nicole says Michelle made up the "Advance-Men" to bury Tiffany and Corey said they also knew one of the girls did that. Yet another reminder that Tiffany totally got boned. Nicole told Corey she'll come clean on anything he asks about including the Frank F2. Nicole's playing scared but the fact that Z and Michelle continue to lie about these things is a big part of the reason they're out of any trust circles and Nicole has managed to constantly whine her way out of trouble.

- Paulie's all bent out of shape that Victor says he has 6 comp wins (1 RK, 1 POV, 1 HOH, 3 Battle Backs) and is going for the record/double digits. Paulie's ego is super pressed.

- Michelle called out James about the vote (why James and no one else? Who knows?). James basically wasn't having it and said Day had dropped his name a bunch and she knows that. Michelle whined a bunch about no one telling her and James pointed out that she had dropped his name too. Michelle really doesn't have any counters and tell James hes a dirty player. Because this is the smart way to play when you think you're about to be nominated. James says he tipped Day off right before the show. Z and Michelle got blindsided.

- Paulie did NOT tip off Day. I'm pointing this out as that's 1 jury vote he potentially burned just like his brother. Lets see how this week goes.

- James is open about throwing the comp. A number of people were sketched out by that.

- Someone pointed out that the three Have Nots are James - the guy with nerve damage in his arm from the Wall, Bridgette - the girl with a bum knee and ankle, and Corey - the guy too tall for the bumper cars and who has been slowly dying from the Have Nots.

- In amusing news Paulie not only keeps making his hair look sillier every week but he's getting visibly rounder and flabbier. I've more or less accepted no one's going to stop him from winning this game but I'm now picturing it happening with him shirtless, 20 lbs overweight, and with weird patches of hair he kept pruning into bizarre patterns.

- Z confirmed she just quit on the HOH comp because she "wasn't feeling it" and Victor told her she was safe. gently caress Zakiyah, so much. She deserves to go even more than Michelle. You just got blindsided by the entire house and you don't think HOH is worth winning?

God I hate this cast. But at least it sounds like Nat and James are safe this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James just got the second care package. He revealed the power to eliminate two eviction votes. The hush that went over the group when he said that was hilarious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole's freaking out about the Care Package. She has some weird idea that America not giving her the package means they don't care if Victor wants to put her up, even though she doesn't know if Victor wants her up... and Corey points out that they'd know if Victor was putting her up. They figure the fans must like Natalie as James could protect her with it but Nicole doesn't know why they'd like her. They think maybe James got it because the audience knows Victor is against him. Lots of wacky ideas. Nicole's stressed that America hates her (she has been for awhile). Maybe America doesn't like you being narcissistic and expecting a Care Package over 8 other people?

James and Nat discuss whether America likes their showmance. Natalie's a little worried they're the "#Grossmance" and James says Liztin was one. Natalie asks why and James says America just thought Austin was a... he doesn't want to be mean. He says if the relationship is genuine they like them. He implies that America doesn't like Paulie because they don't like when the showmance is like "Take out my girl." Natalie decides not to stress.

Michelle's stressed that she might go up. Paul is telling her she's fine, for some reason. Michelle rats out James that he gave Day a tip off that she was going home. She tells Paul not to tell anyone. Good luck with that.

Corey and Paulie discuss how Paul is playing a much better jury game than them and they already lost Day's vote. Paulie says Paul just wants Z out so he can scoop up Michelle. They decide that Michelle and Bridgette should be their personal next targets because Nicole and Z won't touch them and they and Victor will target Natalie. They don't want to take Victor to F5 but want to leave him until their dirty work is done. Paulie talks about how "baller" it would be to get the guys to the end and where they'd rank in the all time alliances. He says the Detonators were "#5 all time" on some random rankings he doesn't identify, because Paulie's entire drive is comparing himself to Cody and Derrick. James joins so Paulie rambles a lot of the same stuff and continues his efforts to turn him against Nat by saying she was faking her discomfort and pain and it was "evil" how she'd beg and then beast up.

Paul tells the HGs that anyone who dislikes him for some thing done in the game is a loser and they can gently caress themselves. He tells this to Michelle who doesn't really agree seeing as how she has been the bitterest HG in BB history. For some reason the feeds abandon this to show Nicole and Victor talk about hair treatment.

No one on this season has ever campaigned to the HOH except Tiffany with Bridgette. Its amazing how passively they've played. Every HOH goes in and forms their plans in 5 minutes and everyone is cool with it.

BB is going to the do the noms during the Opening Ceremony. Assholes.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

STAC Goat posted:

No one on this season has ever campaigned to the HOH except Tiffany with Bridgette. Its amazing how passively they've played. Every HOH goes in and forms their plans in 5 minutes and everyone is cool with it.

The thing that gets me even more than that is the "How DARE he/she try to save him/herself while on the block?" It's like the rest of the house is personally offended if their target actually plays the game and tries to swing votes in their favor to stay in the house. They did it with Frank, and with Bridgette, and I even think Day.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Paul, Paulie, and James are doing some homoerotic MMA/wrestling practice. I expect tons of gifs from the Internet.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

violetdragon posted:

Paul, Paulie, and James are doing some homoerotic MMA/wrestling practice. I expect tons of gifs from the Internet.

I wonder if Frank taught them anything before going home.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Opening Ceremony was kind of lame. Major catchup on the hopeful chaos I missed.

Michelle and Z up. Victor had a whole rehearsed poem to nominate them. Basically calling them mean girls and saying they hate him. He threw Mardi Gras beads at them too, so you know, classy.

It did not go over well with Michelle who is a total wreck when feeds come back. The girls are trying to comfort her as she freaks out that she's never been mean and everyone will hate her. Guys all laughing. Michelle says Victor will hide in HOH "like a loving pussy." For some reason Michelle is pissed at Natalie and Natalie doesn't seem to know why either. Michelle says its because she didn't tell her about Day being the target which is... Natalie's the most out of touch and isn't even Michelle's friend. When did it become her responsibility to fill Michelle in?

The Pauls decide to play the game and try and comfort Michelle. Michelle gets ballsy and says "I know why this is because someone went and told Victor what I said about him" (that someone being Paulie who is sitting right there). Paulie says Victor wants to talk to her but Michelle ain't budging. Paul doing a solid job comforting her because he's basically the only good social player in the house besides James and Nat. Michelle again throws shade on Paulie saying she's not the one who backdoored him but Victor's kissing Paulie's rear end. Corey is now sitting there quiet. Michelle calls herself the worst superfan ever.

Victor thinks Michelle is "taking it too far" by crying. Which is some impressive turnaround logic that kind of sums up Victor's BB experience with women (and I'm guessing a lot of his life experience). Be an rear end, make a woman cry or freak out, blame her for getting upset. Actually that's kind of BB18.

Paulie tells Z that he's pissed about her comments to him and that's why he wants her gone. Z says that's why she's shutting up. Blah blah blah Paulie. Z's quiet as always.

Paul tells Victor its clear Z has to go because she's cool and calm while Michelle is "destroyed." Its hard to argue with that logic. He makes a strong case that not only is Michelle an emotional wreck who they can read easily and manipulate but she's also made a ton of enemies like Bridgette and James. If Paulie wins this case and gets Michelle out Paul has no backbone because he's got the clearly better argument.

Natalie tries to figure out why Michelle blames her for Day but Michelle's a mess. Natalie, ever the nicest person in the world, fixes Michelle's makeup for DR and gives her a pep talk about showing everyone she's "a badass bitch." Natalie apologizes for whatever nebulous responsibility Michelle feels she has for Day. Michelle sobbing incoherently about people thinking she's mean. Natalie advises her to just square things with people.

Nicole whining to the cameras that Michelle gave up and she "can't deal." She's repeating Victor's odd "she took it too far" thing. Michelle's a psycho but who in the world didn't know she'd have a total breakdown when Victor put her up complete with dickish nomination speech?

Nat tells James she's proud of him for giving Day a head's up so she didn't look stupid. She says she's trying to apologize to Michelle who said she thought they got close (which is a weird thing for Michelle to think).

Michelle and Z discuss Victor's "rear end in a top hat" speech. Michelle blames Paulie saying he obviously told Victor the stuff she said about him. Z says its "bullshit" and claims she doesn't trust either guy. Michelle says she feels like she "has to play now" and Z tells her to just chill. If that's not these two's game in a nutshell... Paul comes in and makes nice and its amazing he's staying clear of this. Paul's gone and Z says she's just happy she made it this far and "whatever happens happens". Michelle says the DR asked if she was going to roll over and die and Michelle says she's going to "blow poo poo up." Michelle claims she could "care less" if America thinks she's mean. She must have got some good drugs in DR. Z says she's going to pray and Michelle says she tried that last night and it didn't work, so she's done with that. Z thinks they make good TV, which I can't type without rolling my eyes. Z and Michelle now resorting to hoping for the Round Trip. Michelle tells them to be scared. She says she's putting "two people back to back" and she could "care less about Victor." I have no idea who she means but I'd guess it isn't Paulie.

Bridgette walks in.
Michelle: Can Frank come back, please?
Bridgette: That's what I've been saying.

Bridgette says what she loved about Frank was that when the whole house was against them and they were put up he just laughed and said he loved the game. Michelle bursts out "that's what happened to me!" and obsesses that she doesn't know what she did to Vic. Meech doesn't want to be alone with Vic so Z says she'll go with her. Meech breaks down again and Bridgette is the 5th person to tell her all she can do is talk to Victor.
Michelle: He was just so mean!
Michelle: As a superfan I still hate his rear end.

Nicole arrives and "pep talks" Michelle saying she was frustrated when Michelle gave up and said she was going home so Michelle cries and says she is. Nicole says she's a superfan so play for Veto. Michelle asks if Nicole would use it on her and Nicole says "of course" (in front of Z). Blah blah, Vic is an rear end in a top hat. Nicole compares Victor's speech to Zach's speech to her and says now she laughs at it.

Michelle asks Z who to try and get Victor to use as a replacement. Michelle suggests James but Z thinks the guys will stick together. This is maybe the first time I've heard Z voice a game opinion, even if its basically one that says "lets not do something."

Paul still working Paulie and Corey that Z is the obvious person to evict since Michelle is alone and a mess. "Z does not play on emotion." Paulie has no real counter argument for this and agrees, but earlier he was pushing the idea with Corey and Nicole that Michelle is good for Paul's game so expect him to continue to do the two faced thing (three faces?). For the 100th time this season Z talks big about the next comp being her comp.

Nicole apologizes to Z for saying she'd use the POV on Michelle, saying Michelle put her in a weird spot. She assures Z that if she won it she'd ask Paulie (and Corey) what to do and they'd tell her to use it on her. They talk about boys. Z drags Michelle over and she keeps obsessing over what she did to Vic. Michelle doesn't want America to think she's mean because she just jokes around and Nicole says America knows she's not. Michelle says if she goes home she's going to give Vic poo poo for counting his Battle Back wins. Michelle trashes Vic for making a weak move putting up girls. Nicole says they did the same to her last season and that's why she's "feisty" this time.

Nat: Do you think someone's getting backdoored?
James: Yeah, you. :)
Nat feels bad about Michelle crying. James tries to steal a kiss and Nat says her little cousins are watching! They do some GT Time with the spoon. Nat thanks America for James' Care Package and spanks him with a spoon. James says his cousins are watching! Nat worries that he got the Care Package because he's getting backdoored. Nat asks what he'll do if POV is the prize comp and James says he'll take a trip and take her. Nat says to take her kid but James says she's too young for that but promises to take his daughter to Disney World on her next vacation, so Nat swoons. Nat tries to tell America a story but James tries to silence her. Finally she reveals that James failed to save her any HOH treats for the extra days she was a Have Not.
Nat: James Joseph Huling is a big fat jerk. America agrees.
Nat complains that James made her laugh during the nom ceremony. She tells America this is the first time she's lived with guys so she's still getting used to it.

None of this has to do with game but they're a delightful break. To no surprise this house is still passive and boring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Michelle says when Julie asks her what he big mistake is she'll say "not being in a showmance" and says Natalie is smart for being in one. There's that not mean fan favorite. Michelle wonders how Steve "did it" as a super fan (because that's her problem, now). Michelle thinks this was the wrong season for her. Z thinks she'll be brought back and has made a huge impression. Michelle says everyone thinks she's mean and "no, you're not." Michelle basically says she's only mean to people she doesn't like without a hint of irony. Then they talk about Z's nasty faces she gives everyone. This is a weird conversation of mean girls discussing how they're mean while thinking it doesn't count for some reason.

Paulie now talking to Paul like Z is going this week and discussing whether they should take out Michelle or Bridgette next week. Paul says Z is super confident because she knows she has Paulie and its cold that she's doing that with her best friend on the block. Paul pushing the target on Z hard. Paul says he needs Paulie's help convincing the house and Paulie says Nicole and Corey are pretty set on Michelle. The Pauls discuss how they're on no one's radar. Paulie suggests going after Michelle/James for DE and go after Vic after that.

Nat expresses sympathy to Z in passing for her being on the block. She tells James she feels bad for them because going on the block made her feel like no one liked her, and James says they shouldn't have been boasting about never going on the block. James stresses that its just him and Nicole left. Nat asks if anyone has thrown her name around and James says just Nicole. Nat thinks James not putting up any of the guys might have saved her from the block. James says they need to get Z the HOH next week and let her take a shot at Victor. Nat says she wants to and says the guys are scared to take a shot at him in case he has Round Trip. She's discovered the guys' master plans and calls them jerks.
Nat: I'm coming after all you guys!
Nat says she's not going to go after Vic but James tells her not to tell him who she wants to target so nothing slips out. James basically advises Natalie that she needs to lay low, not win anything, and do everything the house (Paulie) tells her to do. This is basically James' game philosophy too instead of misogyny as he seems convinced he went home last season for being too aggressive going after Clelli instead of the truth that he was too passive and was picked off easily after all his allies were gone. So he's making the same mistake again. Natalie proceeds to nail Corey being a gossip and that Nicole just talks to people when she's worried. She's got a great read on the house.

Paulie boasts to Z how if its the Prize POV he doesn't care about the money because 5 or 10K is "nothing." He says he'd want to win the POV to rub it in Vic's face. Z mocks "oh, men" and Paulie claims "its not a man thing". Z wonders what the real reason is Vic put her up. Z rats out Michelle for saying she wants to blow stuff up. Paul joins and they talk about Cody and Derrick. Paulie thinks if Cody wanted to he could just walk into the studio/house. Paulie talks about how all the Douche Patrol were laughing when Michelle was crying after Vic threw the beads at her. Z says she laughed too.

James says people think Nat is all female driven and Nat says was but not anymore. She says the only person in the house who has protected her is a guy and all the girls have been against her. Nat says James taught her how to trust guys and he says they put out fires for each other. Nat says she's about female empowerment but not "gently caress men". Nat and James getting very touchy. Nat says Bridgette asked her to rate her feelings for James and she said she's still trying to figure it out. James tries out a few labels and they settle on "potential boyfriend and girlfriend." James wonders why Bridgette asked that and if she was fishing to see if Nat would be upset if James got taken out. Nat defends Bridgette as James smoothly (it takes like 2 minutes) unhooks her bra. I don't normal discuss this stuff but its actually really funny watching James awkwardly push the boundaries of this relationship. Nat says Bridgette is realizing Nicole is playing the game sketchy. James says Nicole's playing well, Nat says not if they've caught on, and James says they're girls and Nicole is latching onto guys who don't notice. He's not wrong.

Paulie and Victor think America is saving cooler powers for them. It sucks that they're wrong but there's so few likable people that one of the assholes will inevitably get the last two.

Z hilariously reveals that the DR still hasn't talked to her after getting nominated. Z may not even make TV the episode she goes up!

I'm tired so I'm going to just leave you with Michelle talking to Victor.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Retail Slave posted:

I wonder if Frank taught them anything before going home.

Paulie made it sound like he gets in street fights on the reg. I hope that means he gets punched in the face often.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

violetdragon posted:

Paulie made it sound like he gets in street fights on the reg. I hope that means he gets punched in the face often.

Paulie does not look like he is from the sort of place, or hangs around the sort of people, who can get into street fights regularly and not end up with a mug shot. He's not from some trailer park, backwater middle of no where place nor the ghetto.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know where Paulie's from. Its white bread, upper middle class, suburb Leave it to Beaver land. Paulie's full of poo poo and is a cliche. The white boy who grew up super comfortable so he listens to Eminem and watches the Sopranos and talks tough to act like he's some hard rear end. They're super common in Jersey because of all of the actual tough neighborhoods in the area. Its overcompensation.

Paul's the same. He grew up wealthy in LA and acts like he's some hard rear end from Compton. Its really a big part of the reason the two of them bonded. They're both massive posers.

I always had a basic thing I'd say to these guys. I've known, hung out with, drank, and sometimes fought with marines, mafia, bikers, IRA, cops, gangstas, firemen, and longshoremen. I know enough bad asses to know I ain't a bad rear end and I'm totally ok with that. People like Paulie and Paul are the guys who grew up in comfy suburbs and just fantasize about those sort of people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Have Not food is corned beef hash and hash browns. That's some of my favorite guilty pleasure food and really isn't a bad deal for Have Nots at all. Its not the tastiest poo poo and it will leave you bloated but it will fill you up and keep Corey alive.

Nicole, James, and Paulie chosen for POV. James is throwing for sure as he already told Nat he was. I'd guess Nicole will as well. Paulie is a wild card since he might want to control things and pull Z off the block. It would be a dumb move but Paulie's overplayed all season.

James has a surprisingly open conversation about his baby momma with Nat and the drama he's had with her over their kid, child support, her not letting him see their kid as much, his daughter's step brother, etc. James admits she had reasons to be upset with him and he's not blameless, but it was a two way street and they're working on it. I mainly bring this up because I never saw James open up like this last season. Nat in turn opens up about her parent's divorce, her absent dad, her step dad, and similar issues. Its like an actual relationship with sharing and intimate personal stuff. Its incredibly uncommon for a showmance. They discover that their extended families are both from the same part of Pennsylvania. Nat says when James visits his family he needs to come meet her mom. In an amazing bit of typecasting Natalie talks about how much she loves Hershey Park and James mistakenly thinks the Arlington National Ceremony is in PA.

Michelle talked the cameras and complained that this season sucks because no one's going after the showmances and breaking up the power. Its just shame there aren't savvy superfans like that playing the game who could do something about that. Michelle will probably start a podcast with Jason and McRae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The Have Not food sounds like the DR took pity on Corey and didn't want him to die. That is legit normal food.

Super season cast: Jason, Michelle, McCrae, Helen, Audrey, Nicole, Zakiyah, Andy, the big muscled guy that lost his mind a few seasons ago. Who else can we get in there?

• Locked thread