Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
No official bracket yet, but vykromond threw up a quick table on what the possible options are:

https://twitter.com/vykromond/status/761761031316049920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Also after all these games I think probably the biggest disappointment out of the whole tournament so far has to be Liquid. They were absolutely the favorites going into group B no question and they bustered out as hard as Secret did.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/761770269467783168

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

cerious posted:

Also after all these games I think probably the biggest disappointment out of the whole tournament so far has to be Liquid. They were absolutely the favorites going into group B no question and they bustered out as hard as Secret did.

Yeah their 2-0 loss to VG Reborn was pretty hosed up

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That's the first time I've seen anything saying that the lower 5th place teams chose their opponents already, Liquipedia still has it blank and it would pretty stupid for Secret to pick LGD over Synderen.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Man, EG vs Newbee is rough as hell.

bet EG wish they had ignored the throw order now

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Craptacular! posted:

That's the first time I've seen anything saying that the lower 5th place teams chose their opponents already, Liquipedia still has it blank and it would pretty kind of stupid for Secret to pick LGD over Synderen.

Fnatic got fifth place so they picked synd.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Kainser posted:

Fnatic got fifth place so they picked synd.

Well done, chart man.

Like every TI is me being factually wrong about anything involving digits or tournament math at all. It happens so much that even I've noticed (I'm sure you all have too) and found it hilarious.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wonder if Synderen will be allowed on the panel or to cast after he loses. Is that a conflict of interest or something. Maybe he just can't get paid

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Also Escape beat Fnatic the last time they played so maybe we'll get some syndmentum

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

drunken officeparty posted:

I wonder if Synderen will be allowed on the panel or to cast after he loses. Is that a conflict of interest or something.

That's basically what Swindle does at every LAN now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craptacular! posted:

Well done, chart man.

Like every TI post is me being factually wrong about anything involving digits or tournament math at all. It happens so much that even I've noticed (I'm sure you all have too) and found it hilarious.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

So who here is going to ti6 and are we doing a goonmeet?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Craptacular! posted:

Well done, chart man.

Like every TI is me being factually wrong about anything involving digits or tournament math at all. It happens so much that even I've noticed (I'm sure you all have too) and found it hilarious.

It's not just during ti

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

Well done, chart man.

no you are just literally wrong every single time you post

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

has anyone turned his statement around on him yet man what a zinger i hope im the first

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's okay, I don't care about what most of those people think of me.

especially Goobusters since he cheers for the people I hatewatch as much as I enjoy hating them

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

It's okay, I don't care about what most of those people think of me.

especially Goobusters since he cheers for the people I hatewatch as much as I enjoy hating them

Goobusters is a good person wrong again!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
they just released the treasure trove and lockless chests so I wonder how large the prize pool will get now. you get two free levels on your first chest but both chests are pretty much meh.

also what are everyone's fantasy points? It seems the global one isn't updated yet and I just want to see whether I had the luck of the ogre magi or not

Day 1: 440.8
Day 2: 493.14
Day 3: 445.77
Day 4: 345.72
Total: 1725.44

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

Desperate Character posted:

they just released the treasure trove and lockless chests so I wonder how large the prize pool will get now. you get two free levels on your first chest but both chests are pretty much meh.

also what are everyone's fantasy points? It seems the global one isn't updated yet and I just want to see whether I had the luck of the ogre magi or not

Day 1: 430.39
Day 2: 470.45
Day 3: 471.54
Day 4: 376.66
Total: 1749.04

There are definitely going to be people who haven't updated every day or joined in late so hitting top 10% shouldn't be too bad if you play smart (ie only upper bracket people on monday)

Also the luckvase had immortals for 4 of my most played heroes so I snagged all of them. Feels good

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
RIP Secret and RIP NaVi. One of you deserved better than a first day exit (its NaVi)

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
New items are ugly and awful and I hate icon and spell effect replacements in general, but it might get me to my prize pool prediction so I approve wholeheartedly.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

So who here is going to ti6 and are we doing a goonmeet?

if you can get to the suites

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
How long do I have to throw money at Valve for the Lockvase and the Troves?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

My beautiful dark twisted fantasy is Escape manage to beat Fnatic, squeak by Alliance after Alliance drops to Ehome, and then somehow manage to eliminate EG during EG's customary jaunt through the loser's bracket.

Can you imagine a world this beautiful? I can.

Shoefish
Sep 29, 2005
captain haggis mcnipplesworthy
Being in Australia kinda sucks for watching the international. Any must watch games from day 3?

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Shoefish posted:

Being in Australia kinda sucks for watching the international. Any must watch games from day 3?

How's the ingame spectator work for you? I cant imagine it's that horrible

ISUCHARESLOLO
Dec 10, 2005

The verb "to google" has come to mean "to perform a Web search", usually with the Google search engine.

Meat Recital posted:

New items are ugly and awful and I hate icon and spell effect replacements in general, but it might get me to my prize pool prediction so I approve wholeheartedly.

Those treasures do not contribute to the prize pool.

To stay relevant, I pose a simple question. Can this almost 20 million dollar tournament actually get SunsFanned?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Meat Recital posted:

Don't worry I'm throwing money at it tonight and tomorrow, your prize pool prediction shall be reached and mine shall be lost, rip 19-20mil bracket

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Really tempted to buy a couple treasures, but there's only like 3 items I'm actually interested in. The Trove/Luckvase items are usually cheaper when they're marketable right? I'm pretty sure they do but sometimes certain treasures get more expensive when they're discontinued (like the DAC items).

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

well gently caress

day 1: 320.21
day 2: 513.83
day 3: 491.19
day 4: 310.00

for a 1635.21 total

the real hosed up part is that my lowest scorer on day 4 was a golden shadow card

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
the two things I've learned this TI are how unfathomably tilty EE can be and how formulaic and pointless ODPixel's casting is

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
od literally cannot go 3 minutes without saying indeed in a frivolous context

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Sphyre posted:

remember when secret got rid of w33ha for arteezy? lmao

Remember when they got rid of n0tail and Fly for RTZ and Zai?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
compendium brackets are open post your brackets let's do this let's commit to that poo poo

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Joda posted:

Remember when they got rid of n0tail and Fly for RTZ and Zai?

Offlane Fly was pretty bad.

That exchange would have worked out well if it hadn't turned out that EG had an even younger and more ludicrous rtz clone in their back pocket.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I bought a Pyrion Flax autographed treasure. Please spend the 25c wisely!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i just wanna say its really funny that akke won a game at the international with literally 0 last hits

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow