Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

You will have lost the right to act as a martyr when she comes after your right to speak freely about issues such as homosexuality and the exclusivity of the Gospel because you had your chance to do something about it and you did NOTHING.

Burn in Hell, you inbred bumpkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Vince Macmahon should have run for president instead...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Assange gets less likeable every interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EJAIXdGp8
Completely ignored that part of the question about leaking SSNs.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Seeric posted:

It's data which won't matter to a large chunk of the population, but is there a decent way to counter it if it's focus-targeted directly at voters who live in areas which do in fact seem to be showing increases in violent crime?

The cited editorial is just looking at 2015 versus 2014. The longer view isn't so panic-inducing.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

If you're going to compile a list of "mysterious deaths", don't start it off with a heart attack in solitary confinement, possibly the least mysterious way of dying imaginable.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Hmm. The Seattle proposal gave extra time to implement for small businesses, but this proposal is giving extra time to big businesses instead. I wonder why?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I think it's a typo. If you read the amendment on their website, it sets the 2022 date for businesses with fewer than 500 employees.

http://www.votefor15mn.org/charter_amendment_for_15

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

WHOOPS posted:

I think it's a typo. If you read the amendment on their website, it sets the 2022 date for businesses with fewer than 500 employees.

http://www.votefor15mn.org/charter_amendment_for_15

Am I reading it correctly that employees who work less than 25 hours a week are exempted from this proposed minimum wage increase?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Again, the Evangelicals show that they truly don't give a drat about the religion they claim to represent and support whoever seems like he'll hurt those they hate the most. Same reason they decide that the gayness is the greatest of evils while murdering millions of brown people is doing God's work.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Trabisnikof posted:

Am I reading it correctly that employees who work less than 25 hours a week are exempted from this proposed minimum wage increase?

That's what it looks like, which is ridiculous on its face because the type of people who work multiple part time jobs are the ones who need a wage increase the most.

I'm sure it comes from the same regressive mindset of people who think teenagers should be paid less.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Seeric posted:

This was posted on Donald Trump's Twitter account and for once it seems to have some actual weight behind it:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/761757988516401153

The actual data used in the article comes from here, which seems reliable and authentic as far as I can tell: https://www.majorcitieschiefs.com/index.php
This obviously comes with a few caveats. The data is only based on crime in major cities, crime isn't going up in every city, not every type of crime is on the rise in major cities (though homicide is and that's always the big one), the data doesn't take reports from every single agency into account, the data is still only for the first half of 2016 (though it does look like most things were up in their 2015 vs 2014 data), and all of this is coming after an overall significant decrease in crime. Still, a lot of voters live in cities and the message of "violent crime is on the rise in the place where you and your family live even though Obama says he's made you safer" is a strong one and the data provided this time around appears to be from a more authentic source than something on par with the National Enquirer.

My God....at this rate, we'll soon be in the dystopian hellscape of 2010!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
As someone who lives in one of the dystopian hellscapes listed in the article, I can assure you that very few people here are voting for Trump.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

As someone who lives in one of the dystopian hellscapes listed in the article, I can assure you that very few people here are voting for Trump.

A good point, the major cities are the most blue areas of the country, so they're not the ones buying Trump's "I am the only one who can protect you" message.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
The people this message resonates with are sheltered suburbanites who once spent time in the city and were frightened by the poor people.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Geostomp posted:

Again, the Evangelicals show that they truly don't give a drat about the religion they claim to represent and support whoever seems like he'll hurt those they hate the most. Same reason they decide that the gayness is the greatest of evils while murdering millions of brown people is doing God's work.

This fits with my contention that a great deal of Christians care only about the forgiveness aspect of the religion. The rest can be pushed aside at the drop of a hat.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

What the hell is this? I can't understand why you would make an infographic like this. From 538

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME
Hopefully this latest poll isn't reflective of a major trend :(

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN10G2BQ?il=0

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dork457 posted:

What the hell is this? I can't understand why you would make an infographic like this. From 538

We're gonna need a vox article explaining this one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dork457 posted:

Bob the terrible
Aug 9, 2006

Dork457 posted:

Its really not that hard to understand. Its just unneceserry artsy and lack polling data you expect the graph to contain.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Spacebump posted:

Assange gets less likeable every interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EJAIXdGp8
Completely ignored that part of the question about leaking SSNs.

Assange's defense against Maher's criticisms is to either attack Maher, or whoever the topic is about. Assange isn't helping the movement at this point and is seen more as a tool of the Russian government.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The comments for that first article is full of fake christian zombies posting whoppers about the Clintons, some of which I've never heard before:

quote:

“A woman of faith”?! By her own admission she “dabble” in witchcraft. She threw a Bible at someone, supports abortion, is a lesbian, worked for the Rose Law Firm, a money-laundering operation connect to cocaine smuggled into the Mena Airport, Arkansas. She was fired, by a liberal no less, from the Watergate investigation for lying. She and Bill have been connected to the deaths of 47 individuals, plus threatenings, falsely imprisonments, and have had others take a “fall” for her and Bill. She’s a chronic liar, has been involved in scandals from Whitewater, Cattle Futures, Travelgate, Benghazi, etc. to her email mismanagement, some being destroyed, deleted. She was a total failure as Secretary of State, making our nation and the world less safe, thus more dangerous. Behind the scenes, she’s vulgar, dictatorial, and self-centered. The Clinton Foundation is a noted source of influence-buying. Etc., etc, etc.! View the “Clinton Chronicles” on YouTube, it’s heavily documented. Also view “Hillary Clinton Exposed, Movie She Banned From Theaters Full Movie” The channel is awash with fact-supported documentary-videos about her and/or Bill. Then there’s Dinesh D’Souza’s current movie, “Hillary’s America”. And Google search! Evidence, documented evidence(!), is rife concerning her and/or Bill, the demonic due. She supports the NWO, the one-world government of Antichrist. Larry Nichols, a former Clinton associate and misdeed doer, stated when he first met Hillary, she was smelly and unkempt, wearing a sign about her neck, stating, “I Am A Communist.” Meanwhile, Bill was in the ladies restroom with a waitress, doing what Bill does. You’re either gravely naive or self-deceived. She “was raised in a church”–so were Hitler and Stalin! Your point is moot! You query about “wonder[ing] why we are so willing to extending God’s grace and lack of lack of judgment to Trump but not to Hillary.” Her “lack of judgment” is calculated, Mr.Trump’s is not. God’s grace was extended to Judas Iscariot. By all indications, Hillary is America’s Judas, selling out our nation to line her pocket. P.S. For edification, I write this reply to you, Sue, and all who have been deceived by the lies of her and minion and a compliant media. Please wake up. In Christ, Allen.

She had a literal sign around her neck saying "I Am A Communist" and she was stinky and Bill was fornicating in the ladies' room. This happened and was not a political cartoon or something.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

He should start wearing it.

I'm gonna be real sad if the Clinton campaign doesn't have a double agent staffer working on the Trump campaign whispering in his ear.

"you should wear it. Generalissimo Trump sounds classy and strong. Hold an event where vets send you their medals and ribbons as a show of support, and then make a uniform where you wear them all"

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Assange's defense against Maher's criticisms is to either attack Maher, or whoever the topic is about. Assange isn't helping the movement at this point and is seen more as a tool of the Russian government.

Have we forgotten the rape allegations?

And how Sweden had said they would gladly come meet him at the Embassy to serve him, so he doesn't need to leave his sanctuary? And how they have plenty of proof it was actually rape, not just allegations ( force/bruises, etc. ).

Assange is a tool. Wikileaks should and could have been something super useful for the people of the world, instead it's this....thing. Which is little more then political theater, only used against the US. I'd love to get some loving Russian leaks, to see what's going on behind Putin's iron curtain. Or some EU leaks to see what kind of poo poo the EU has been up to. Or hell, gimme some South American leaks to show me what kind of corruption is going on in that part of the world, the people of South America would love that. Instead it's just more and more US related poo poo, all of it timed for "maximum impact!" on our politics.

Snowden is a hero. He did his duty and acted as a whistleblower. Wikileaks and Assange are turning out to be more and more Reddit conspiracy style drudge poo poo, but with actual real truths attached.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Snowden is no hero. He's a hypocrite. He's not even a whistleblower, whistleblowers go through channels.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Snowden is no hero. He's a hypocrite. He's not even a whistleblower, whistleblowers go through channels.

Yeah, this again. Criticizing somebody for refusing to be imprisoned forever or assassinated. Let me care about this opinion.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Trabisnikof posted:

It looks like employees expected to work more then 25 hours in a year.

quote:

. (A) Employers with 500 or more employees shall pay each employee expected to work 25 or more hours in a calendar year within the geographic boundaries of the City for each hour worked within the geographic boundaries of the City an hourly minimum wage of no less than:

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Snowden's kind of a naive idiot for being surprised that the NSA was doing the thing it had repeatedly been doing throughout history but he acted correctly. Going through the "correct channels" would have resulted in getting stonewalled until he gave up and dumped the information, at which point he would have gotten the Chelsea Manning treatment.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

greatn posted:

If that's true then it seems quite trivial to create an organization which is impervious to any and all whistleblowing.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Bushiz posted:

Snowden's kind of a naive idiot for being surprised that the NSA was doing the thing it had repeatedly been doing throughout history but he acted correctly. Going through the "correct channels" would have resulted in getting stonewalled until he gave up and dumped the information, at which point he would have gotten the Chelsea Manning treatment.
Didn't he actually try to go through the correct channels initially, with exactly the result you describe?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kilroy posted:

Didn't he actually try to go through the correct channels initially, with exactly the result you describe?

Yeah but you see, now the correct channel is going to prison and he's not doing that.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Homeless Friend posted:

We're gonna need a vox article explaining this one.

It just shows the electoral college value of each state, together with the number required to win, sorted by and shaded in the relative margins from the latest polling. They made the states snakey to fit it on one image.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
It's almost like whistleblowing on the NSA would and did do nothing. It changed nothing in terms of data collection, or surveillance. Congrats, traitor!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If Snowden had any integrity at all he would be in jail. If he had a lot of integrity he'd be dead.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Kilroy posted:

Yes, with the caveat that some of the "correct channels" didn't actually exist for him; because he was a private contractor, not an employee, he didn't actually have whistleblower protections.

Running was the right move. If he hadn't run he'd have been incarcerated and shut up and would not have been able to provide a counter-narrative in his defense.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

greatn posted:

If Snowden had any integrity at all he would be in jail. If he had a lot of integrity he'd be dead.
Oh, well I'm glad he doesn't have any integrity, then.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
In non-Trump news for once, North Carolina wants to set aside $500,000 from a disaster relief fund in order to pay legal fees defending HB2, the anti-trans bathroom bill.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/73f19775502148c590d3f7b4edba10f4/lawmakers-consider-boosting-funds-defend-lgbt-rights-law

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

DemeaninDemon posted:

Another Malheur is the full extent of the possible post Hillary outrage.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get several mcveighs out of it. Also several Mahleurs. These creatures, (I doubt they have souls). Have been itching for rebellion for decades and they fear the Clintons like no other.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

LMAO gently caress lobbyists forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

It's almost like whistleblowing on the NSA would and did do nothing. It changed nothing in terms of data collection, or surveillance. Congrats, traitor!

Well I am sure it's worth it for Snowden because now I'm sure he enjoys many Russian "girlfriends" in addition to being a mouthpiece for Putin. Funny how Snowden has no problem with Russia's methods of surveillance.

• Locked thread