Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Hmm, are faces food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slate Action posted:

Clinton's campaign is nearly as good in terms of competence, it just has a drastically inferior candidate.

Trump has a cult of personality and a judo grip on the media, but mechanically speaking I've never seen a worse campaign.

Clinton hired a pile of Obama campaign people to help run her campaign.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Boosted in a tweet.

e: shades of 1996: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/us/politics/donald-trump-gop.html

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Slate Action posted:

Clinton's campaign is nearly as good in terms of competence, it just has a drastically inferior candidate.

Trump has a cult of personality and a judo grip on the media, but mechanically speaking I've never seen a worse campaign.

I'm hoping that GOTV will make a huge difference on election day and I suppose 2016 is the perfect test case for it. You'd think that Trump would have underperformed in the primaries with his absence of a ground game or infrastructure though, and he never really did.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

exquisite tea posted:

I'm hoping that GOTV will make a huge difference on election day and I suppose 2016 is the perfect test case for it. You'd think that Trump would have underperformed in the primaries with his absence of a ground game or infrastructure though, and he never really did.

Ground game, lack of ads, etc. Media is slowly but surely switching into dumpster fire mode. They don't have time to cover him constantly now either. I've seen more Stein ads on TV than Trump ads. He seems to be moving towards a pivot then he rambles on about that drat baby more. He openly insults our allies.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

William Bear posted:

From the Right Wing Media Thread:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/761764905028583424

Someone on Twitter thought this sounded like a Star Wars opening crawl.

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKOT2hEyaklyHNy4rzd7

I literally never heard of the word globalist until trump retweeted that sheriff meme

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

This election really comes down to whether white men and the people who love them (god forbid) still have the demographic advantage.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Clinton's BIG Convention bounce combined with Trump's no good very bad week has Clinton leading in LIKELY voter polls by only a few points.

If you look at the RCP average, she's up 1, 4, and 5 in the LIKELY voter polls included, or 3.3% on average.

Huffpo's LIKELY voter poll tracker = Clinton up by 2.8%

For once the media is doing WE THE PEOPLE a favor. Their use of registered voter polls even AFTER the conventions have taken place, their false manufactured story about new calls for Trump to drop out, etc. are exposing more of the RATS in our midst.

True patriots are hanging tough, and we can move the numbers back in our direction. 2-3% is NOTHING.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Didn't Trump basically always meet his poll expectations, while Cruz etc. surpassed their polling if they had a legit ground game? I thought the upshot from the primary was that ground game means better-than-poll performance.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Trump won the primaries with highly motivated supporters who didn't need a ground game to turn out. For the GE, those highly motivated supported will still turn out, but there's nowhere near enough of them.

Almost half of his current support is soft and getting softer. Lots of folks are going to stay home without a strong ground game prodding them - which means they'll stay home.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Boosted_C5 posted:

Clinton's BIG Convention bounce combined with Trump's no good very bad week has Clinton leading in LIKELY voter polls by only a few points.

If you look at the RCP average, she's up 1, 4, and 5 in the LIKELY voter polls included, or 3.3% on average.

For once the media is doing WE THE PEOPLE a favor. Their use of registered voter polls even AFTER the conventions have taken place, their false manufactured story about new calls for Trump to drop out, etc. are exposing more of the RATS in our midst.

True patriots are hanging tough, and we can move the numbers back in our direction. 2-3% is NOTHING.

toxx for trump

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Tayter Swift posted:

I literally never heard of the word globalist until trump retweeted that sheriff meme

this is the sort of ignorance that gets globalists wet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

Oh poo poo hes off the wagon. You people should be ashamed

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trump lacking a good GOTV will hurt him, but I suspect not by a huge amount. Republicans really like to vote.

Also both sides' GOTV will be hurt by, you know, the deep unpopularity of both candidates.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slate Action posted:

Trump lacking a good GOTV will hurt him, but I suspect not by a huge amount. Republicans really like to vote.

In the scheme of things it will be scary being 3%-6% away from having Trumplestilskin run the country.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Slate Action posted:

They're not real excited about voting for Trump, is the problem. They may vote downticket and skip the Presidential box, though.

Republicans who are revolted by Trump and can't stand Hillary either are the main stay-at-home demographic.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Slate Action posted:

Also both sides' GOTV will be hurt by, you know, the deep unpopularity of both candidates.

Clintons unpopularity is largely with nonvoters and republicans, trump is despised by dems and nonvoters yes, but also a large chunk of the republican power base

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

toxx for trump

Why when I could use my IK status to create a Toxx thread for Trump and make myself its guardian of sorts, immune from the consequences of posting in it?

I thought you Democrats liked that sort of thing? Your leaders exempting themselves from onerous gun laws, your royal queen Clinton placing herself above the law and above little things like transparency and FOIA and federal regulations governing the handling of classified info., etc., etc. etc.

You boot-lickers love it when those in power get special treatment.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Another one for the armchair analysts:

"Lying as a Symptom of a Disorder
Compulsive lying disorder is not actually a documented psychiatric disorder. Instead, it's a term used to describe what may be a symptom of another psychiatric disorder such as borderline personality disorder, narcissism or bipolar disorder. Not all people who are compulsive liars suffer from a psychiatric illness, but there is usually an underlying reason for the behavior. According to Psychology Today, people with psychiatric disorders lie for a variety of reasons.

Admiration and Popularity
The person wants reward or acclaim for something he or she did not do. He or she craves attention and esteem from others to combat feelings of inadequacy. They may also seek attention by pretending to be victims of crimes or creating other dramatic situations that didn't really happen.

Control and Manipulation
People will sometimes lie because they want something they wouldn't be able to get otherwise. The lying continues because the person craves the attention and thrill of getting away with it or in an attempt to manipulate the victim of the lies even further. Sometimes, they use "gas lighting," a technique where they convince others that their realities are incorrect and only the liar knows what "really happened."

Low Self Esteem
People who feel down on themselves and want to look better in the eyes of the people around them will often make up stories about themselves. The goal here is to gain sympathy or empathy. Perhaps they fear people will reject them if they think they have any bad qualities, so they exaggerate good ones.

Disguising Failure
The person wants to avoid getting in trouble or make other people feel responsible for something he or she has done. This can be a severe problem in the workplace."

SOURCE: http://addiction.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Compulsive_Lying_Disorder

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I know "sane republican" sounds like a contradiction in terms but im related to several of them

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Slate Action posted:

I get the feeling that anyone who isn't mayonnaise on wonderbread is gonna be pretty motivated to get out and vote for not Trump.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Boosted_C5 posted:

Why when I could use my IK status to create a Toxx thread for Trump and make myself its guardian of sorts, immune from the consequences of posting in it?

I thought you Democrats liked that sort of thing? Your leaders exempting themselves from onerous gun laws, your royal queen Clinton placing herself above the law and above little things like transparency and FOIA and federal regulations governing the handling of classified info., etc., etc. etc.

cuck puss

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
boosted wont toxx for trump. he supports hillary

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Al! posted:

I know "sane republican" sounds like a contradiction in terms but im related to several of them

Me too. They're convinced that "small-government conservatism" is pro-business rather than pro-racism, so Trump has them aghast at what happened to their party. They are convinced the Trump crowd just materialized out of nowhere.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Boosted_C5 posted:

Don't LV screens historically boost GOP numbers? I thought this was one of the first times the LV screen helped the Dems.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Eonwe posted:

boosted wont toxx for trump. he supports hillary

he's a joke. impeach!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what does trump think of our olympics performance so far

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Al! posted:

Hmm, are faces food?

how high on bath salts are you right now, v. pertinent to the question

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
beep boop

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/761988164382756864

Fun fact: Trump has never led in an RCP-approved poll in New Hampshire.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Not even arguing if Clinton is corrupt or not, lol of you think that isn't the Republican wheel house from Nixon to Cheney. Yours is the crowd that loves to exempt themselves from standards. The moral abortions, and the not toxxing toxx thread posts.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ive grown to really hate the dilbert guy to the point where i really don't like his stupid webcomic any more

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Atoramos posted:

Don't LV screens historically boost GOP numbers? I thought this was one of the first times the LV screen helped the Dems.

i'm pretty sure boosted is saying that the LV screen cuts hillary's lead down to 2.8%, not that it increases the lead by 2.8%. Which is sort of true...

With the default 'moderate' smoothing. Turn the smoothing down - which is appropriate, since you're working with fewer polls - and suddenly Hillary's lead jumps again.

What a world, what a world!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hillary's brain SHORT CIRCUITED is not going to be a winning line of play for old Trumpy here.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
even i can see trump is a madman

TRUMP!

MAGA

ETERNAL GOD EMPEROR KILL THE JOURNLAISTS' FAMILIES

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

Me too. They're convinced that "small-government conservatism" is pro-business rather than pro-racism, so Trump has them aghast at what happened to their party. They are convinced the Trump crowd just materialized out of nowhere.

Yeah, they rejected the "hard working white americans vs lazy niggers" attitude of their republican parents in favor of "hard working americans vs lazy americans ;)" peddled by the current republican party without a lot of examination that theyve just sublimated their parents attitufes (and who can blame them, they work 12 hour days) and so think the republican party which does not give a gently caress about the working man has their best interests at heart. They are mostly married to democrats and their non-military children are mostly democrats.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Revoke Boosted of his IK privileges and have him retroactively toxxed for Trump.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Al! posted:

I know a bunch, but they became Democrats in 2008.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Donald who?

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/761989866653646848

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

weekly font posted:

Hillary's brain SHORT CIRCUITED is not going to be a winning line of play for old Trumpy here.

Its like he's never heard a metaphor before. Does he think brains actually fart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted: