Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I'm not really a gun guy but I looked up the Kriss and yeah, that is a loving ugly gun. I'm super hyped for the MP5 though, as a major lover of 80's action poo poo where ever goddamn henchman carried that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I like the Kriss and the P90. They both are similar in how they're just weird looking guns, like the M950 and its gun-tumor of a drum magazine.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 6, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the SWAT weapons will all be iron sights or not. I know the P90 comes standard with reflex sights, and the Vector will have similar aperture sights to the Varmint Rifle Commando uses. Just leaves the MP7 and MP5.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
They probably picked the Vector because it's visually distinct while using a bigger caliber and shooting at a high RoF.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

I can't say I can see much purpose for the C4 at all right now. The grenade pistol is fantastic as a starter weapon, as it should be.

There's just really no reason to carry around C4, I think. I don't know what it's supposed to do, but it's not appealing enough to use over the rocket launcher/grenade launcher combo. If the M4 is made so you can carry the M4, C4, and grenade pistol, I can maybe see it as some alternate loadout which does the same thing the rocket launcher/grenade launcher combo does but just differently.

If C4 was activated when zeds walked over it, ala the Pipebomb, I would be all over it. As it is, it's easier to shoot your favorite Demo weapon than it is to swap to the C4, toss it, then blow it up.

Alteisen posted:

Yea I can't get excited for class announcements when Trip routinely gently caress everything up.

I'm expecting SWAT to be real good come launch and the armor stuff to be downright broken for awhile then nerfed into poo poo after awhile.

If SWAT is better than it sounds, I expect the same thing to happen. It's going to be nerfed into oblivion once the tears from the official forums start rolling in.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

New Concept Hole posted:

They probably picked the Vector because it's visually distinct while using a bigger caliber and shooting at a high RoF.

It's picked because people for some strange reason still masturbate over the gun.

No idea why.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Theta Zero posted:

I like the Kriss and the P90. They both are similar in how they're just weird looking guns, like the M950 and its gun-tumor of a drum magazine.

A CALICO?!

THE CODE VERONICA ONES FOR GUNSLINGER DO IT TW DO IT DO IT DO IT WAHHHHHHHHHHH

:psyboom:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dogstile posted:

It's picked because people for some strange reason still masturbate over the gun.

No idea why.

"It looks cool!!11"

I think it looks like dogshit, personally. I got to shoot one the other week and it doesn't handle much better than it looks, imo.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think it's cool because of the internal mechanics designed to reduce recoil.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

TheTatteredKing posted:

I think it's cool because of the internal mechanics designed to reduce recoil.

I watched a video talking about it but I didn't quite understand it fully. From what I got, the bolt from the gun slides downwards instead of backwards so the recoil is absorbed more downwards into the holder's body so there's less muzzle rise?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah that's the idea. I learned about it and the aa-12, with its frag12 craziness, at the same time years ago. I got this image of them as these cutting edge powerful weapons so I have a soft spot for them.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's called Delayed Recoil and yes, it is designed so that the muzzle does not rise, thus keeping you on target. There's a 9mm and a .45 ACP version of it and you can even get it in carbine model.

I don't like it because it's fuckin' ugly.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The 9mm is just a Glock with the vector frame over it, so it's hella lame.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They both use Glock mags. From what I understand the early versions used to be super unreliable though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Even being a fan of dumb and weird looking guns, the Kriss don't really do it for me.

I'll forever defend the XM8 though, because I love that stupid fish rifle for unexplainable reasons.

And apropos of nothing, if you want a real shitheap of an ugly gun, look no further than the Groza.

"Kill meeeeee"

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 6, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That poor, bastardized AK bullpup. What hath science wrought?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

a very good gun in the stalker series.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Roobanguy posted:

Hah, I was going to say this. Stalker was a paradise of ugly guns and I loved it.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
I'm just glad SWAT is getting a P-90, my favorite videogame submachine gun. Was severely disappointed that The Division didn't have them (and that the AUG was designated a SMG).

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

(and that the AUG was designated a SMG).

It's probably the Para, which IS an SMG chambered for 9mm.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Now I just want to know what are some really ugly guns floating around out there.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

Now I just want to know what are some really ugly guns floating around out there.
Brazilian bootleg guns. The bathtub moonshine of guns and they look it.

Roobanguy posted:

So was the g36 despite being the g36

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Yardbomb posted:

Even being a fan of dumb and weird looking guns, the Kriss don't really do it for me.

I'll forever defend the XM8 though, because I love that stupid fish rifle for unexplainable reasons.

And apropos of nothing, if you want a real shitheap of an ugly gun, look no further than the Groza.

"Kill meeeeee"

I know basically nothing about guns, but for some reason I find that token chunk of wood highly amusing.

closeted republican posted:

If SWAT is better than it sounds, I expect the same thing to happen. It's going to be nerfed into oblivion once the tears from the official forums start rolling in.
Being able to actually "Tank" means avoiding damage. Avoiding damage means you are not dying instantly, therefore, must be casual. "Please make Tank die faster than any other class to improve Risk Vs Reward TIA."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Theta Zero posted:

While not so much ugly, at least to me I think it looks neat, here's something in the vein of the Calico you posted earlier.

The Bizon, another weird but neat magazine sporting SMG, this time with a big dumb tube that'll get you 64 rounds of 9mm.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

While not so much ugly, at least to me I think it looks neat, here's something in the vein of the Calico you posted earlier.

The Bizon, another weird but neat magazine sporting SMG, this time with a big dumb tube that'll get you 64 rounds of 9mm.

North Korean helical mags

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErYTut4BGY8&t=450s

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I love the bizon in csgo

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could trip do a cross over with Alien or Rainbow Six Siege?

I'd like to see female characters in this game that don't look like retarded hispters, hell just give me Ash back, or Vasquez from Aliens, I think she'd be a good fit.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Could trip do a cross over with Alien or Rainbow Six Siege?

I'd like to see female characters in this game that don't look like retarded hispters, hell just give me Ash back, or Vasquez from Aliens, I think she'd be a good fit.

I would love a Vasquez or Ripley-esque character. Hell, even the guerrilla girl from Predator would own.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

New Concept Hole posted:

Or because the Vector was in KF1 as the medic's Schneidzekk.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Yardbomb posted:

Welp, that picture's giving me flashbacks to Battlefield 2. Not sure if it was that gun exactly but one of the classes on the MEC side (I wanna say the Anti-Tank dude) had an SMG with a helix drum mag.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I like how part of Rae's background story is literally "She's not like the other girls!". Come on.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I like Ana. :unsmith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like Ana to, at least her outfit looks like it might protect you from zeds but Rae...

Honestly I just want a cool looking bad-rear end female character, the male side has a bunch of em, everything from cops, an army chaplain to SAS, balance it out a little.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

KF1 trader is the woman we need.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Make KF1 Trader and Donald J. Trump playable characters plz.

They both fit the mold of characters really well and would be amazingly fun to use.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Only if trump yells "I'M BUILDING A WALL" every time he welds a door

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

dogstile posted:

The wall just got 10 feet higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dogstile posted:

But then we'd need a Reagan character to yell "TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!" when unwelding.

Come on, Tripwire, make it happen.

But only after Commando Chicken.