Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I was just on the business end of one of the worst steamrollings in history. Game barely lasted over 2 minutes. One minute I'm relocating to intercept a Batchat that has been running roughshod over our tier 10s in the middle, the next minute I'm somehow flanked by three tanks that I assumed would be held up by the other four tanks on my flank.

Nope, my side imploded in about half a minute or so. Between the other five tier 10s on my team, they got off exactly four penetrating shots and one HESH round during the ENTIRE MATCH. I got off as many penetrating shots as EVERY OTHER TIER 10 ON MY TEAM. Dwell on that for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hah, since the ti10 premium give-away went so well, this next campaign is going to be giving away a t8 premium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH4BCx6-zC0

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Is there even an event this weekend?

Edit: 2x Crew Exp and no On Track. :smugjones:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 5, 2016

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are the mods updated already?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Mans posted:

are the mods updated already?

Most everything but the sight mods. Sela's modpack is mostly updated, which is what I use.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the vanilla aiming sight is terrible but i need to satisfy my addiction so gently caress it.

whats the best gun for the E-50? the last 8.8 or the 10cm gun?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The only thing the 88L100 does that's noteworthy is make the grind to the E-50M longer.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it also looks very silly

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Q_res posted:

The only thing the 88L100 does that's noteworthy is make the grind to the E-50M longer.

Not to mention let the rare knowledgeable player know that despite your gun's 'wow' stats, shell normalization against heavies will always be atrocious even with APCR. ~It's a trap~.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Err, equipment recommendations for the Object 416? Just unlocked that beautiful pancake and am thinking rammer, vstab, and optics.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Err, equipment recommendations for the Object 416? Just unlocked that beautiful pancake and am thinking rammer, vstab, and optics.

VStab always, Rammer always. I use Optics, but the 416's camo is so ludicrous that you can get away with Binocs or Camo if you hate fun and prefer a boring playstyle.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Damnit, you can't even fit equipment with the stock tracks. Lets dump some more free-XP then. And holy lol, I had no idea the turret of the thing didn't fully traverse, that was quite a revelation in an awkward round.

/edit

Holy poo poo, the camo :stare:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 6, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Damnit, you can't even fit equipment with the stock tracks. Lets dump some more free-XP then. And holy lol, I had no idea the turret of the thing didn't fully traverse, that was quite a revelation in an awkward round.

/edit

Holy poo poo, the camo :stare:

You should be able to fit equipment on stock tracks if you have the top gun - it's lighter than the stock one.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Man, the Superpershing would be fuckin ridiculous if it didn't move so goddamn slow. I really like this tank. I can poke my head over cover, block like 5 shots from all the resident campers, then either duck back behind or take a shot.

And then die to arty but gently caress arty. This thing makes a lot of credits too. But holy poo poo is it loving slow. And with matches ending really fast sometimes... you can be rolling into the main fight area with the enemy team already dead... or with your entire team obliterated and you get flanked by their whole team. Making it AS FAST as same tier heavies would be nice, as its really weird getting outrun by heavies as a medium. Heavies with more armor than you.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 6, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mans posted:

the vanilla aiming sight is terrible
which one of the two dozen options available? :v:
I haven't used crosshair mods in like two years since WG expanded the in-game reticle options. Mine looks like this. The wedge and horizontal lines are the central reticule, the round blip in the aim circle is the gun marker.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yo NA dudes, 1v1 tournament signups are up again:

Thursday, tier 4, bring out your Luchs and win a Type 59 if you're extraordinarily lucky.

Saturday, Tier 7 Medium, bring out your....Comet? VK3002D? The T20's DPM is garbage, the T-34-1 will get set on fire twice frontally far too much to be worth it, the Panther is a shitbox with vulnerable racks, the Chi-Ri's autoloader is a downside....maybe the KV-13?

and why the gently caress does the goddamn T23E3 have 100 less HP than the drat Comet, while being less armored with a poo poo gun?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank u for the E-50 gun support.

Nordick posted:

which one of the two dozen options available? :v:
I haven't used crosshair mods in like two years since WG expanded the in-game reticle options. Mine looks like this. The wedge and horizontal lines are the central reticule, the round blip in the aim circle is the gun marker.

:vince: that's sexy as hell, i'm going to shamelessly steal that from you if you don't mind.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

Saturday, Tier 7 Medium, bring out your....Comet? VK3002D? The T20's DPM is garbage, the T-34-1 will get set on fire twice frontally far too much to be worth it, the Panther is a shitbox with vulnerable racks, the Chi-Ri's autoloader is a downside....maybe the KV-13?

A-44, clearly!

I'm actually considering my T-43 though, in all seriousness.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

why not bring a DB instead and enjoy better, uh, everything

man that thing's been buffed

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

When did they buff the 88 anyways, Im actually consider rebuying the 3601 or DB because they wont destroy my credit wallet anymore

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The DB need a buff to make it at least useable in tier 9 games. However, in standard WG fashion all they did was make it OP as a top tier and still useless in tier 9 games.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

2 of the 4 top tier tanks

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

You should be able to fit equipment on stock tracks if you have the top gun - it's lighter than the stock one.

Don't have the T-54 or the top gun unlocked on my NA account, guess it's gonna be a bit of a grind. Sitting back in the beginning of the game like a turreted TD, waiting for openings, and then making a move for now.

From your post, I gather the top gun fits without the top turret, any reason to get that thing before the gun at all? Seems a whole lot bouncier, but only an increase of 10m in view range and a small increase in side armor. Only 15k XP, but that's 15k xp less on the gun grind.

Also, I announce my happiness about having the 416 in my first match, and someone immediately informs me it's neither OP, nor even good. It's actually quite bad, because it has no hull armor, not good dpm, and can't fully traverse its turret.

My goodness, what a waste of time then.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I am really happy they replaced my Lorraine with a mini batchat. I looked it up on google and I see people on the wot forums are bitching about it (lovely gun handling, turret slowness, horrible reload time), but I like it. It's small and fast.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

:golfclap:

Hellsau posted:

I wish I could bring my bulldog to this.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Am I missing something or is the free xp for crew training a complete ripoff? I can spend 37k free xp to raise my Chaffee's commander from 62-95% camo, and this is with a 5x "special"? That's a loving horrible deal.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NotWearingPants posted:

I am really happy they replaced my Lorraine with a mini batchat. I looked it up on google and I see people on the wot forums are bitching about it (lovely gun handling, turret slowness, horrible reload time), but I like it. It's small and fast.

it seems to have the seem problems as the lorraine but it's way smaller and faster so it's an overall improvment

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Prav posted:

why not bring a DB instead and enjoy better, uh, everything

man that thing's been buffed

Help an idiot out: what's the DB?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mans posted:

:vince: that's sexy as hell, i'm going to shamelessly steal that from you if you don't mind.
No no no you can't do that, it's very important to me that my own personal combination of in-game options in this popular internet game remains a unique and beautiful snowflake

Just look for "A-shaped markers" in the central reticule selection and "O-shaped" in the gun markers. That's the one with armor penetration indicator, so the blip turns green when appropriate.

Blindeye posted:

Help an idiot out: what's the DB?
The VK 30.02 (D). The designation used to be VK 3002 DB and the DB stuck.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 6, 2016

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, I announce my happiness about having the 416 in my first match, and someone immediately informs me it's neither OP, nor even good. It's actually quite bad, because it has no hull armor, not good dpm, and can't fully traverse its turret.

Hull armor and limited traverse I can understand. But saying the 416 has poor dpm is an even more wrong statement than saying the tortoise has poor penetration. At least you can argue the tortoise has poor penetration by the standards of other tier 9 tds. The 416 has better dpm than several tier 9s.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I'm becoming more and more convinced the leFH is the reason that artillery keeps getting nerfed. The leFH is both common and, of course, a premium, so it never gets hit with the bat that the mainline artillery does. So people get killed by it a LOT, blame it on all artillery, nerfs are made, the leFH doesn't change...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Aren't we a considerable period into this new update now? How are there still mods not adapted to it?
Both Aslain's mod installer, as well as the OMC one still have a shitton of stuff greyed out, and not even different XVM displays are an option.

All I want is a non-poo poo XVM setup and my drat reload timers on enemy tanks. :mad:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
17-pdr
Queue:
PzI
PzI in Soviet trials

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3A1

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A
Renault R35 in German service

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 6, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

Available for request:

PzI
PzI in Soviet trials NEW

Mostly want the Soviet takedown of the worse Ltraktor, but might as well get the base article first.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mans posted:

it seems to have the seem problems as the lorraine but it's way smaller and faster so it's an overall improvment

I did extraordinarily well with my Lorraine grind. I do not know why.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Question: How the gently caress does a Jpz E100 do only 462 damage while I deal 3,652 damage in my JP2? Also, is it really worth my time to continue grinding up the Jpz E100 line?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 6, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Am I missing something or is the free xp for crew training a complete ripoff? I can spend 37k free xp to raise my Chaffee's commander from 62-95% camo, and this is with a 5x "special"? That's a loving horrible deal.
With the 5x you actually turn that 37k free exp to 185k crew exp. It just takes a poo poo ton of exp to level up crews.

Yeah, it's not a great deal but the only other option is actually grinding out that 185k crew exp.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Zettace posted:

With the 5x you actually turn that 37k free exp to 185k crew exp. It just takes a poo poo ton of exp to level up crews.

Yeah, it's not a great deal but the only other option is actually grinding out that 185k crew exp.

id use free exp on sixth sense any day, if it's close to 100%.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HE terrible drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Agrajag posted:

Question: How the gently caress does a Jpz E100 do only 462 damage while I deal 3,652 damage in my JP2? Also, is it really worth my time to continue grinding up the Jpz E100 line?

Jpz E100: Big, slow, lovely.
JP2: Small, fast, decent.

Both have no turrets so they are a loving pain who cares?