Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON CARRIES AROUND A COIN PURSE BUT KEEPS LOSE DICE IN THEIR POCKETS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

PBS Newshour posted:

WHAT TYPE OF PERSON CARRIES AROUND A COIN PURSE BUT KEEPS LOSE DICE IN THEIR POCKETS

They mentioned a deck of cards too so obviously they're a street swindler doing card and dice tricks to con people out of their pocket change

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FirstAidKite posted:

They mentioned a deck of cards too so obviously they're a street swindler doing card and dice tricks to con people out of their pocket change

maybe they're a Gambit cosplayer, you don't know

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

I carry two, plus a battery for my phone, a coin purse, loose change, a nail clipper, a Swiss army knife, folding scissors, and some dice. And that's just in one pocket (the other is a wallet, Vita, deck of cards, and microfiber cloth). Maybe you just need to find the right pants.

Okay, sometimes it looks like I'm wearing jodhpurs but that's the price you pay for having all of your poo poo at hand all the time.

now that's how to start a day off right

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

So on the one hand, I'm impressed that "here's what's in my pockets" started off a tangent that went on this long. On the other hand, poo poo, it's not like we have anything concrete to talk about for the NX. I think they're going to actually talk about it at Tokyo Game Show, right? That's September 15th.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MechaCrash posted:

So on the one hand, I'm impressed that "here's what's in my pockets" started off a tangent that went on this long. On the other hand, poo poo, it's not like we have anything concrete to talk about for the NX. I think they're going to actually talk about it at Tokyo Game Show, right? That's September 15th.

I'd expect an announcement a few days before and then doing a more hands-on showcase for TGS

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

PBS Newshour posted:

Someone too boring and awkward to approach people for conversation on their own yet so thirsty for human companionship that they want to be able to jump into a conversation at the slightest excuse.

"Man, I'm bore-"

"MAY I RECOMMEND A GAME OF CARDS TO LIFT YOUR SPIRITS OR MAYBE A GAME OF CHANCE WITH DICE BEEP BOOP PLEASE LOVE ME"

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

MechaCrash posted:

Quit trying to change the subject and explain yourself

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MechaCrash posted:

I thought Nintendo skips TGS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

I thought Nintendo skips TGS

they do but rumors say they will piggyback on it and either put something out right before or right after

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Sort of like how they don't technically do E3, but they release stuff around that time with the Treehouses?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Quest For Glory II posted:

Selling iterative hardware makes more sense when people are actually buying it

Why is Microsoft doing it then :confused:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think Nintendo will have an event at all. They will just put out a video, and at some point invite select press to try it at their offices, then do demo events early 2017.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo please talk about the NX soon.

https://youtu.be/BmErRm-vApI

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The Metroid 2 fan remake releases today:
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/

It's been in development for like 9 years. Looking forward to "new" 2D high-quality Metroid this weekend.

e2: Metroid 1 was released in Japan 30 years ago today!

Electromax fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 6, 2016

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Electromax posted:

The Metroid 2 fan remake releases today:
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.co.uk/

It's been in development for like 6 years. Looking forward to "new" 2D high-quality Metroid this weekend.

Straight up hell freezing over once this game is released. A fan project made by one dude over the course of 6 years that did not fail, have a team broke up, or shut down by Nintendo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MechaCrash posted:

So on the one hand, I'm impressed that "here's what's in my pockets" started off a tangent that went on this long.

I don't know if this is a condition unique to the Nintendo handheld threads, but every so often goons will start talking about pants pockets and it just never ends. Do the Vita threads have this problem?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't know if this is a condition unique to the Nintendo handheld threads, but every so often goons will start talking about pants pockets and it just never ends. Do the Vita threads have this problem?

no, nobody who owns a vita wears pants

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

BexGu posted:

or shut down by Nintendo.

You just had to go and jinx it, didn't you?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I give it til Monday before he gets the C&D

so uhh, get it while you can I guess

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Saoshyant posted:

You just had to go and jinx it, didn't you?

It's too late now. Once it's out, it's out. Barbara Streisand and all that.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

greatn posted:

I don't think Nintendo will have an event at all. They will just put out a video, and at some point invite select press to try it at their offices, then do demo events early 2017.

I'm hoping that they've learned from the Wii U to never overestimate your target audience's ability to understand and research a product without absolutely saturating media with information on what your product is and what it does.

I hope they fully reveal the thing in a Direct during TGS week and then it's a nonstop deluge of commercials, public demos and late night circuits.

Kelp Plankton posted:

no, nobody who owns a vita wears pants

This is true, we party nonstop.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Happy 30th, metroid

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Soul Glo posted:

I'm hoping that they've learned from the Wii U to never overestimate your target audience's ability to understand and research a product without absolutely saturating media with information on what your product is and what it does.

I hope they fully reveal the thing in a Direct during TGS week and then it's a nonstop deluge of commercials, public demos and late night circuits.

This is true, we party nonstop.

Nonstop advertising for something that doesn't even come out this holiday doesn't make a lot of sense.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

greatn posted:

Nonstop advertising for something that doesn't even come out this holiday doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yeah I'm thinking maybe they slap "MARCH 2017" somewhere in there too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MechaCrash posted:

You have a coin purse, but keep lose coins in your pocket. You are the type of person, to own a coin purse and use it, but not a dice bag for the dice in your pocket.

DECIDE WHO YOU ARE IN LIFE YOU CAN'T EXIST BETWEEN THESE TWO WORLDS MAN.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BexGu posted:

Straight up hell freezing over once this game is released. A fan project made by one dude over the course of 6 years that did not fail, have a team broke up, or shut down by Nintendo.

Once he releases it into the wild he better hope it doesn't actually gain much if any attention, or enough people play it to be cool enough to pay his legal fees. I mean I hope he doesn't get sued but Nintendo is notoriously hostile towards fan projects of their IPs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo never seems damages, they just get stuff taken down and take ad revenue through YouTube's claim system.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

I'm asking about you, personally.

Cargo pants are for [Men Of The Pocket]

Then jeans are for [Men Of The Coin Purse]

So, which are you? You seem to be a [Man Of The Pocket] . . . but your daily life includes the [Coin Purse], doesn't it . . . ? That is, you walk around with a [Coin Purse]

[I Do Not Enjoy] passing through the borders of things . . .

Indecision means you're [Not A Man].

[Outside The Pocket, Inside The Coin Purse]
[Inside The Pocket, Outside The Coin Purse]

Make it clear . . .

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

I said come in! posted:

Once he releases it into the wild he better hope it doesn't actually gain much if any attention, or enough people play it to be cool enough to pay his legal fees. I mean I hope he doesn't get sued but Nintendo is notoriously hostile towards fan projects of their IPs.

Considering the dude has released a demo along with a section of the game for speed runs (Metroid: Confrontation) I think he is in the clear. I think Nintendo only has a problem if people try to make money off their stuff. Lets see in a hours or so but yeah, get those torrents/megauploads ready.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

At this point I just think it's funny that everybody pounced on the coin purse so hard that nobody noticed "two 3DSes." Maybe because it was just assumed that it's an American one and a Japanese one? Which is the case, of course, but still, I thought someone would've asked about that part, at least. Iwata said, and I summarize, "region locking was a mistake because it doesn't actually help the customer," so I'm hoping the NX isn't region locked.

But if you must know, the coin purse is to hold pennies because I want to keep them away from the other coins. If I need some pennies, I don't want to have to rifle through quarters, and vice versa. And I only have four or five other coins, usually, and I can and do spend those. Pennies are a bit harder to get rid of, and there's more of them because I use them as counters in card games. It's not one of those old lady style coin purses with the clasp, it's one of those squeezy deals and it doesn't carry all that much. I have it because one of my uncles gave it to me so I figured eh, gently caress it, why not. I only have three dice, which isn't enough for a bag, and I carry them mostly because gently caress it why not, with a dose of habit on top. They're pretty small d6es, after all, and don't take up much room.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I want to cyber bully so badly right now.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dr Cheeto posted:

You don't play Vita games in public.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SylvainMustach posted:

Happy 30th, metroid

Samus is 30 years old and Nintendo can't even so much as tweet about it. :(

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MechaCrash posted:

At this point I just think it's funny that everybody pounced on the coin purse so hard that nobody noticed "two 3DSes." Maybe because it was just assumed that it's an American one and a Japanese one? Which is the case, of course, but still, I thought someone would've asked about that part, at least. Iwata said, and I summarize, "region locking was a mistake because it doesn't actually help the customer," so I'm hoping the NX isn't region locked.

But if you must know, the coin purse is to hold pennies because I want to keep them away from the other coins. If I need some pennies, I don't want to have to rifle through quarters, and vice versa. And I only have four or five other coins, usually, and I can and do spend those. Pennies are a bit harder to get rid of, and there's more of them because I use them as counters in card games. It's not one of those old lady style coin purses with the clasp, it's one of those squeezy deals and it doesn't carry all that much. I have it because one of my uncles gave it to me so I figured eh, gently caress it, why not. I only have three dice, which isn't enough for a bag, and I carry them mostly because gently caress it why not, with a dose of habit on top. They're pretty small d6es, after all, and don't take up much room.

Of loving course they're d6's! :doh:

I'm kidding. I just wanted to say that :)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Suspicious Cook posted:

Well to be fair in Japan any single women over 30 is already considered dead.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

antidote posted:

I want to cyber bully so badly right now.

But what if he suddenly needs to roll up a new D&D character? He'll say, thank goodness I have these 3 d6s. That sort of thing could happen without warning.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is the only thing they've tweeted today.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/761955011505061888

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Happy 30th anniversary, Metroid :japan:

I still love you, even if Nintendo doesn't :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

You may say that Metroid didn't do it like Sticks and stay on target.

• Locked thread