Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Oh, and the other niggle with Sabine's TIE is, well, it's a 2-red primary ship. So are A-Wings but they have a solution to that in A). numbers and B). Crack Shot, or if you're running Jake you take Prockets for at least one hard-hitting attack up close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Chill la Chill posted:

What are we going to vocally call the BMST? Can't think of any nicknames that flow nicely.

BS tools ? Bums?

Slicers.

E: that shuttle is loving insane. 4/1/6/6 with that upgrade bar. YOW.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 6, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thespaceinvader posted:

Slicers.

E: that shuttle is loving insane. 4/1/6/6 with that upgrade bar. YOW.

System/Crew/Crew/Tech/Tech.

Tech will be more interesting when they print better Tech, but Sensor Cluster might be worth considering.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

RecSpec/RecSpec/Sensor Cluster/AdvSens. Functionally up to 3 evade tokens every round you're not stressed.

And FOUR freaking attack.

I'm not really one to cry 'power creep' but...

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

It's definitely size creep, that's for sure.

Also since you can only spend one Evade token per defence roll, I'm not sure stacking them is a great idea.

The shuttle seems super cool though. I can see myself trying to fit it into a list with maybe Vader and someone else.

e: whoops, I forgot what Sensor Cluster does.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Some Numbers posted:

System/Crew/Crew/Tech/Tech.

Excuse me. It's 2016. I think you meant to say 📡👤👤📻📻

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The level of rage wave 10 has drawn is something really special.

quote:

So it's just a filler wave. At this rate they could've added Stealth X's or Heavy TIE's/Z-95's and accomplished a modest degree of originality.

A real FFG Forum treat.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

And the ones they listed AREN'T filler? Wouldn't a Heavy TIE just be the TIE Shuttle?

Does anyone else have trouble with X-wing Squadron Builder constantly crashing on Android?

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 6, 2016

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

And the ones they listed AREN'T filler? Wouldn't a Heavy TIE just be the TIE Shuttle?

The same people complained that the quadjumper was an uninspired choice and were looking for yet another bounty hunter large ship in the Scurrg H-6.

Personally i'm happy that scum got a cheap ship for once. I hope it's cheap(the ps1), anyway. 13 would be competitive given the new state of things, 14 would be alright and probably what FFG gives the ps1, and 15 would be the kind of meh price that ffg is more than happy to give rebel ships.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Panzeh posted:

So it's just a filler wave. At this rate they could've added Stealth X's or Heavy TIE's/Z-95's and accomplished a modest degree of originality.

:ironicat:

e: biggest wave ten reveal: scum don't have a new icon for TFA !!!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm mostly just disappointed they're teasing Wave 10 before a Scum epic ship.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Endman posted:

I'm mostly just disappointed they're teasing Wave 10 before a Scum epic ship.

There's an SKU between wave 9 and 10. We'll see what that is soon enough, I imagine.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

I really want that crusader corvette slash star viper thing to be real instead of fake!!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Hoping it's Scum Aces.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Hoping it's Scum Aces.

Scyk and Starviper? I don't think any other ships need heavy adjustments like they do. Scyks need a reason to take them and Starvipers need either a price decrease or power increase to make their price worth it. The Heavy Scyk title was a big mistake.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

My expectatiion is StarViper and K-Fighter with Scyk as a pack-in with an eventual Scum Epic.

But yeah, that missing SKU will most likely be Scum Aces or Scum Epic. If there is a Rogue One set I'd guess it will come after W10.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

thespaceinvader posted:

My expectatiion is StarViper and K-Fighter with Scyk as a pack-in with an eventual Scum Epic.

But yeah, that missing SKU will most likely be Scum Aces or Scum Epic. If there is a Rogue One set I'd guess it will come after W10.

I really hope the Scyk isn't in an epic ship because it'll be hell trying to collect alt-paint Scyks that will surely look far better than the poo poo-brown ones out now.

Also a Rogue One release for x-wing will be announced at a time of Disney's choosing, which would be far more likely to be whenever they have their marketing day for Rogue One than GenCon.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Panzeh posted:

The level of rage wave 10 has drawn is something really special.

A real FFG Forum treat.
I shouldn't be surprised that nobody's saying this in the official forums but we're getting way too many ships for this upcoming year. I know some people like to have a shakeup between regionals and worlds, but I'd rather it be consistent. And having solved metas isn't bad - you want to have a continuous cycle of solved meta -> new set. That should be drawn out as much as possible instead of mashing new expansions into a tiny amount of time instead of letting it settle between each one.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
No, see, now they're disrupting the meta-meta. It's gamechanging!

There do seem to be a lot of new ships coming fast and furious. On the other hand, I don't care, because new ships yaaaaaay

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I think they should release 3 new ships every month like clockwork, and they should be poorly playtested and barely even proofread.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Star Wars IV: X-wing Miniatures III: Age of Palpatine II: Attack Wing

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Star Wars IV: X-wing Miniatures III: Age of Palpatine II: Attack Wing

The Dark Forces naming scheme....I like it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Honestly, they should just release a crapload of ships that create there or four new meta play styles so that way every couple months it isn't the same poo poo i see on a table.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Otisburg posted:

I think they should release 3 new ships every month like clockwork, and they should be poorly playtested and barely even proofread.

I look forward to the rogue one ships all shooting 6 red dice in a 360 degree arc

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Putting a range restriction on Palpatine would be nice.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Sheev is awesome and I hope they don't mess with him.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Talas posted:

Sheev is awesome and I hope they don't mess with him.

Sheev is warping the meta so loving hard it's ridiculous, and should cost an Epic point.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This thread is so salty about Palpatine that it should come with a surgeon general's warning

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I could probably find discarded Imperial Raiders on the side of the road near any FLGS. Hunted to extinction for their upgrades...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm picturing it now: Epsilon/Fel/Inq with Palp on board: Capable of giving Fel four effective actions per turn with no stress, 5 or 6 if you load it with Fleet/Systems instead...

And firing FOUR loving dice.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Don't forget that you can pay 2 points to have the shuttle hand out stress just for existing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Speaking of our friend Palpy, a friend just linked me this article. http://teamcovenant.com/star-wars-x-wing/pushing-the-limit It's obviously as biased against Palp as we are in this thread, but I think his most interesting point is now the arms race of hyper damage and hyper accurate damage. Zuckuss, Dengar, 4-lom crew all point to ways to guarantee pushed damage, and things like torpedo scouts with their incredible torps. I thought it was a good read with some interesting math, if the math is correct.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I fly mainly imperials and never use Palp because I think it would stunt my learning how to actually fly and play the game.

It's a broken card (just like a lot of the crazy new scum crew interactions).

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I see the point of the article - honestly there just be cards that guarantee re-rolls rather than automatic hits. I love Predator, Target Locks, and Lonewolf because there's chances of getting crits in there and a chance to avoid damage with Lonewolf.

If anything, I'd like to see cards that increase the amount of red dice, but limit damage. Roll 5 dice, keep three of the damages, etc. same can go for green dice as well.

The game has a lot of the dice roll excitement - but start adding in definite results and it takes away part of the experience.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Came in first in a 15 player summer kit store event today with Kanan and Biggs.

First was Moralo Eval with HLC and party bus crew (Greedo, Dengar and something else), and Kath with seismic charges. Party bus took two TLT volleys at range 2, which double stressed and pretty much shut him down. Greedo is quite a liability when you're getting shot at by TLTs and can't return fire. I went on a ridiculous hot streak with my dice, and rolled 15 dice in a row without blanks :eyepop:

Second was Palp aces, x7 defender Maarek and Soontir. Got real lucky arc on the first round of shooting and double stressed Maarek, which essentially cut him out for 4 rounds. Had a range 1 shot on the shuttle with 5 dice that I totally whiffed, one hit and 5 blanks :owned:. Barely squeaked this one out by nailing Soontir with a range 1 rear arc shot.

Third was Yorr with Inq and Vader. A tokened Inquisitor with Palpatine on the board can easily evade all 4 TLT shots. It's ridiculous. Guy flew Vader off the board, which left me with Inquisitor chasing the Ghost. He ended up in a rough spot after maneuvering, range 2 in rear arc, unable to reposition out of arc. He can token up and get double stressed, or boost and roll to range 1 and hope to nail me with some good crits. He boosted to R1 and I rolled 4 hits, GG.

I really like that list vs Palp aces. Got lucky that nobody brought Dengaroo or triple Jumpmasters

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Ringo Star Get posted:

If anything, I'd like to see cards that increase the amount of red dice, but limit damage. Roll 5 dice, keep three of the damages, etc. same can go for green dice as well.

The game has a lot of the dice roll excitement - but start adding in definite results and it takes away part of the experience.

This is a great unexplored design space, and I think it's exactly the kind of probability mitigation that could be awesome for the game. "Roll an extra die, then cancel a die" or something like that.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Is this game bad yet? I'm getting rather disillusioned. :(

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think so, and I don't think the metagame is anywhere near as bad as it's sometimes been.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Some fun lists in the top 4 at GenCon's North American Championships.

#1 List:
Contracted Scout (33) - JumpMaster 5000
Deadeye (1), Extra Munitions (2), Proton Torpedoes (4), Boba Fett (1), Guidance Chips (0)
Contracted Scout (33) - JumpMaster 5000
Deadeye (1), Extra Munitions (2), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Intelligence Agent (1), Overclocked R4 (1), Guidance Chips (0)
Trandoshan Slaver (34) - YV-666
Dengar (3), 4-LOM (1), Zuckuss (1)

#2 List:
Lothal Rebel (35)
Fire-Control System (2)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
"Zeb" Orrelios (1)

Lothal Rebel (35)
Fire-Control System (2)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
"Chopper" (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
R4-D6 (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

And the 3rd and 4th list (not sure of the order)

Corran Horn (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
R2-D2 (4)

Wes Janson (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

IG-88B (36)
Push the Limit (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

IG-88C (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

Peep those weird Brobots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So right now, what are the builds that reliably counter Sheev Palpatine and his circus of Dark Side Flying Aces?

• Locked thread