Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Plus Morrow is alarmingly consistent in his Waifu ratings despite people trying to trick him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Slow Graffiti posted:

I was stuck at work so I couldn't attend, but I'm happy to say there was a nice anti-Trump protest at his fundraiser this afternoon on Nantucket...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/762002920548237313?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I'm the one person holding a pro-Trump sign.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/762037652765806592

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The pivot just hasn't kicked in yet. give it a few days

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

this site is stupid for all of the reasons other people have already pointed out, but also note that they still haven't updated it to include the Fox (C+10), NBC/WSJ (C+9), McClatchy/Marist (C+15), or IBD (C+7) polls

excited to see the "bias" number for Marist :allears:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Xandu posted:

I thought Twitter didn't show source of tweets anymore.

twitter.com doesn't, its still visible in TweetDeck and via the APIs that third-party clients like TweetBot use.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Zas posted:

lol jfc

he's pathological

He has pathological disease, the same kind Ben Carson has

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is there a rally today? And if so, when and where?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/north-carolina-democrats-voters-and-activists-sue-over-gerrymandering

quote:

The coalition's lawsuit points out that state Republicans' effort to lock in their party's 10-3 advantage for the state's congressional delegation flies in the face of representative democracy because voter registration data shows that Republicans make up just 30 percent of all registered voters, compared with 40 percent for Democrats. The remaining 30 percent register as unaffiliated.

Two of the Republicans involved in redrawing the maps said in a statement Friday that the districts are fair and legal, and that the lawsuit is "just the latest in a long line of attempts by far-left groups to use the federal court system to take away the rights of North Carolina voters."

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

you have no idea how powerful the far-left is in north carolina

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
per CNN, Trump "plans to start opening campaign offices in Ohio next week." Oh good!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

donald trump still didn't have campaign offices open!?!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Slate Action posted:

per CNN, Trump "plans to start opening campaign offices in Ohio next week." Oh good!

2 weeks after that, he's going to start on hillary

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yup. And there's evidence from the voter id suit that this is very much deliberate. Also holy poo poo that map in the lede image.

Slate Action posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Ostentatious posted:

no see that's the benefit of running a self funded campaign he doesn't have to kowtow to special interests or lobbyists or billionaire investors and he doesn't have to play by the established rules that dictate what a functional campaign infrastructure should look like.

so what if he has zero campaign offices or ground game or really any campaign apparatus of which to speak, he's ~*~self funded~*~ baby!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ostentatious posted:

I wanna hear the conversations with his advisers when they tell him things are important and he says "nah".

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trump doesn't have enough time to set up offices in Ohio and get them really up and running at maximum efficiency by election day. His only hope is to get access to Kasich's statewide machine. How's that going--

Current CNN chyron: "KASICH: I MIGHT NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP"

Oh.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Slate Action posted:

Trump doesn't have enough time to set up offices in Ohio and get them really up and running at maximum efficiency by election day. His only hope is to get access to Kasich's statewide machine. How's that going--

Current CNN chyron: "KASICH: I MIGHT NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP"

Oh.

CNN is definitely in dumpster fire mode. They've stopped caring at this point, and the fact they called out that spokesperson from the Trump! *click* campaign it the cherry on top.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

The current trajectory of Trump's campaign seems to suggest that he's banking on an upset in PA.

But as far as I know from talking to lots of people I know from there in rural & urban areas, he has zero ads running and a significant amount of the state's GOP are actively distancing themselves from him. I also don't think he's opened any offices there yet.

I'm told that Hillary has a shitload of ads, offices, and people there - along with the state party throwing their entire infrastructure into her corner.

Let's see where this goes.

EDIT: I mean, that seems to be the story everywhere - but he can at least sort of maybe hope that states like Florida or even Ohio may drift his way with minimal effort/time spent there. There's no way he takes PA without significant, entrenched effort.

GrimGypsy fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 6, 2016

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

spoiler: it ends with trump losing

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/762050898004762625

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/762052208682737664

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

You son of a bitch!

Owns.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Boosted I agree the Trump campaign is like a racing tuned Chevy

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

iospace posted:

Yup. And there's evidence from the voter id suit that this is very much deliberate. Also holy poo poo that map in the lede image.

I'm from NC's 12th district, which consists of most of the Triad (Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem), 90-odd miles of literally just a highway, and then Charlotte. It would take over an hour and a half to drive from one end to the other. Depressingly, it was originally drawn that way to create a minority-majority district, which is cool and great on paper but in practice... well.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GrimGypsy posted:

The current trajectory of Trump's campaign seems to suggest that he's banking on an upset in PA.

But as far as I know from talking to lots of people I know from there in rural & urban areas, he has zero ads running and a significant amount of the state's GOP are actively distancing themselves from him. I also don't think he's opened any offices there yet.

I'm told that Hillary has a shitload of ads, offices, and people there - along with the state party throwing their entire infrastructure into her corner.

EDIT: I mean, that seems to be the story everywhere - but he can at least sort of maybe hope that states like Florida or even Ohio may drift his way with minimal effort/time spent there. There's no way he takes PA without significant, entrenched effort.

I mean what the gently caress is he even doing? Is Pence not screaming at him telling him to setup state operations ASAP? Or is Trump so deluded he thinks he can win solely by flying around and doing rallies? He's not even doing the bare minimum of what a serious candidate should be doing.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Karl Sharks posted:

you have no idea how powerful the far-left is in north carolina

I remember those communists that got killed by the kkk

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gret posted:

I mean what the gently caress is he even doing? Is Pence not screaming at him telling him to setup state operations ASAP? Or is Trump so deluded he thinks he can win solely by flying around and doing rallies? He's not even doing the bare minimum of what a serious candidate should be doing.

Trump probably thinks the same strategy that worked in GOP primary will work just as well in the general.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

GrimGypsy posted:

He's going to have to upset way more than PA to win, fortunately!

The Trump insiders admitted a few weeks ago that OH+FL+PA is their ballgame. It's just that FL is slipping farther and farther away and PA is a white whale. And if Clinton can flip NC, she can get away with losing all three!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump never went critical in the primary re: GOTV and campaign stuff because he only had to focus on, at most, 2-3 states at a time. Even then, he'd generally be totally invisible in all but 1 of the states. A furious rally schedule can substitute for a campaign apparatus if you only have to worry about 1 state at a time for a week+, because you can do 2-3 rallies a day within the state and probably get face time with most of the GOP leaners who are paying attention that early.

It's a strategy that scaled poorly to the primaries, it'll scale catastrophically badly to the GE, especially if he insists on making a bunch of stops in Oregon and NH

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
we should get some fun reactions out of Trump tonight

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/762057263834013696

https://twitter.com/colvinj/status/762058356425129984

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
He should not be in New Hampshire. It's only 4 electoral votes, and the latest poll has him down 17. Why is he in New Hampshire. This is like if Hillary went to Montana (Obama only lost by 2% in 2008!)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

etalian posted:

Trump probably thinks the same strategy that worked in GOP primary will work just as well in the general.

Yup, that's entirely what he's thinking. He thinks that he got more votes than any other candidate in the primaries simply by free airtime he has a green light to keep up the same poo poo.

Fortunately for us, this tactic doesn't work when you need 50m+ votes, not 14m (oh, and Hillary beat him in primary votes, but that's also because the GOP had more people running).

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think we're going to hear some anger about fire marshals!

How dumb is his advance team? Maybe they're smart but his last check bounced or he's holding out

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Slate Action posted:

He should not be in New Hampshire. It's only 4 electoral votes, and the latest poll has him down 17. Why is he in New Hampshire. This is like if Hillary went to Montana (Obama only lost by 2% in 2008!)

Because for a while it looked like it was in play. Probably scheduled before the DNC, I'd guess.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Common Cause NC are hardly far-left. They want an independent redistricting commission of retired judges to draw state and House districts, not a People's Soviet!

I wonder if this lawsuit succeeding would mean greater chance of Democrats retaking the House. Just looking at NC, more proportionate representation would be closer to 8-7 D-R than the current 3-10.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

GrimGypsy posted:

Even with a concerted effort, I don't see PA happening. If you exclude Republican landslide situations ('88, '84, '80, '72, '56, '52...yes I realize that's 6 elections but they're all elections where the Republican candidate won over 400 EV) the last time PA went Red during a contested election was 1948.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Which poll was it that showed Trump had, in fact, gained ground among the rural whites in PA, but it was totally overshadowed by Clinton being at +40-90 with literally everybody else? Obama took the suburban vote at +9, Clinton currently has +40

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I'm not american so I don't understand something: how did the democrats allow the republicans to do such gerrymandering that they're always ahead? Were they sleeping at the time or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
i think hillarys going to win but you goosn need to stop being so ecstatic over one week of what is admittedly horrible polling - it's going to equalise at some point and hillary is likely only going to win with less than 300 EVs but focus on the fact that the gop is loving destroyed right now like whig destroyed and there is going to be a major ongoing battle between batshit insane and normies for about the next 2 cycles

• Locked thread