Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i hate chests and am never lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
Is anyone keeping a list of must watch games this time around? I don't get access to the internet often in the peace corps and would appreciate cutting out the boring or uneventful games.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

EG vs Alliance game 1 is definitely top of the must watch list

E: And if you want to include wildcards, you need to watch a 15 year old meepo player make swindle cry (execration vs complexity game 2)

TheRat fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 6, 2016

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
It's really hard to find older games without just watching an entire set of matches. I just want to watch Ehome games but there doesn't seem to be an easier way then just going to the dota youtube and clicking through their 10 hour videos.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Stallion Cabana posted:

It's really hard to find older games without just watching an entire set of matches. I just want to watch Ehome games but there doesn't seem to be an easier way then just going to the dota youtube and clicking through their 10 hour videos.

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/teams/2931-ehome if you click on the matches on that list, they should have the vods. I'm fairly certain the same goes for every other team at TI.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The proper way to watch the EG - Alliance game is with twitch chat though

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

youtube.com/channel/UCr5TB_3vBI0-WHuDCd3du9g/videos

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotaVods/comments/4vzj8x/the_international_2016_group_stage/

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Reddits dotavods is actually pretty useful for this stuff;

https://www.reddit.com/r/dotavods

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why are these new chests so fucken expensive, jeez

it's not like the items are really anything special at all

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Why are these new chests so fucken expensive, jeez

it's not like the items are really anything special at all

I'd pay that much for the dazzle set. But for a chance at the dazzle set vs a bunch of other poo poo items I don't want? Nah.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
5 EUros guaranteed to finish last in TI6, but they REALLY need more spots in this tournament. GIving them to NA? Wtf?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Any must see games from the Group stage? EG v Alliance DING DING DING DING obviously, anything else on that level

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Secret shop is open. Time to sell off some emoticharms.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gangnam reference posted:

5 EUros guaranteed to finish last in TI6, but they REALLY need more spots in this tournament. GIving them to NA? Wtf?

for more complexities? give it up

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Taffer posted:

I'd pay that much for the dazzle set. But for a chance at the dazzle set vs a bunch of other poo poo items I don't want? Nah.

If years past are anything to go by, the stuff in them will be on the market eventually. They'll still be expensive a year later, because for some reason the people who buy a trillion compendiums don't buy a trillion chests.

I sat out the Compendium this year after not using the TI4 one (I bought it but was living away from my PC) and being disappointed with what the TI5 and Frankfurt ones I bought. The only thing I understand you can't buy later is the Collectors Cache stuff, and I can live with that even though that SF is just as awesome as last year's DK set.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

The Real Foogla posted:

for more complexities? give it up

No American teams are going to finish 16th, makes you think.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

gangnam reference posted:

No American teams are going to finish 16th, makes you think.

Technically true in that Complexity finished 18th

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

america is first place in my heart

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Kainser posted:

The proper way to watch the EG - Alliance game is with twitch chat though

edit: actually if anyone has a timestamp link to the twitch stream of that match I think my chat replay extention will be able to bring the chat up

edit2: its called chat replay. uhm. is it an extention or what? i cant find it in the list lol.

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 6, 2016

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

edit: actually if anyone has a timestamp link to the twitch stream of that match I think my chat replay extention will be able to bring the chat up

edit2: its called chat replay. uhm. is it an extention or what? i cant find it in the list lol.

Chat Replay is a default feature of twitch now, just load up a vod and go. You can find time stamps here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotaVods/comments/4vzj8x/the_international_2016_group_stage/

https://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_4/v/81915487?t=3h21m7s

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Kainser posted:

Chat Replay is a default feature of twitch now, just load up a vod and go. You can find time stamps here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotaVods/comments/4vzj8x/the_international_2016_group_stage/

https://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_4/v/81915487?t=3h21m7s

Nice! Thanks alot

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I am dumb and forgot that TI happens. Last year some nice goon kept a spreadsheet of all the really good games. Is that a thing this year too?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

funmanguy posted:

I am dumb and forgot that TI happens. Last year some nice goon kept a spreadsheet of all the really good games. Is that a thing this year too?

try this maybe

Pyrion Flax
Nov 30, 2002

Goon Success Story. Buy my bestselling book "How to make Old and Bald Work for YOU" available now at my house.

more like dICK posted:

I bought a Pyrion Flax autographed treasure. Please spend the 25c wisely!

Thank you.

Goonsider info:

They are attempting so much this year at key arena that if they pull it off it will easily be the best broadcast we've ever done. The games are already some of the best group stage games I can remember so I assume the main event will follow on, leaving the broadcast as the only real concern left for me. Cross all your fingers please.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Pyrion Flax posted:

Thank you.

Goonsider info:

They are attempting so much this year at key arena that if they pull it off it will easily be the best broadcast we've ever done. The games are already some of the best group stage games I can remember so I assume the main event will follow on, leaving the broadcast as the only real concern left for me. Cross all your fingers please.

I noted a few patches ago that they were tweaking the stage projection things for some abilities, hopefully they've got the kinks ironed out because it seems like a real cool idea. wish I could've gotten tickets :(

also I appreciate how your signature obscures your real name:

(what is the secret code to get gold caches plz PM me)

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I hope the stage effects for spells are coming back. That poo poo was super cool, even though it couldn't be seen much on stream.

For Monday's fantasy roster, it's better to put the Upper Bracket teams in right, since they're Bo3s while lower bracket is only a Bo1?

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I'm so pumped to be there now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pyrion Flax posted:

Thank you.

Goonsider info:

Will there be a blow job room?

Not asking for me as I'll be working that whole time about 30 miles south :smith:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Pyrion Flax posted:

Thank you.

Goonsider info:

How cool is pit lord

You can tell us, we won't say anything

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

Will there be a blow job room?

Not asking for me as I'll be working that whole time about 30 miles south :smith:

Tell your work that your mom died

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Pyrion Flax posted:

Thank you.

Goonsider info:

Tell draskyl I bought 50 dollars of his signature this year and also tell him diabotical owns

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

PFlax will you sign my bald head

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

pflax tell ld to post in this goddamn thread i know he reads it

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I see that twitch/dota2ti_newcomer has the banners and colors of this year's tournament, so it looks like the newbie stream is a thing again this year.

I'm so happy that Wings VS DC is an upper bracket game this year. One of those teams will be guaranteed about $900K, which is hilarious.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

drunken officeparty posted:

pflax tell ld to post in this goddamn thread i know he reads it

I asked LD one time why he doesn't post on something awful anymore and he said "too many flamers and haters" so he definitely should be fired for his anti-gay and his anti-hate agenda.

And yeah Diabotical is going to own, and I hope someone manages to plug it at TI6 for the wronged and betrayed James '2GD' Harding, maybe even our local hero Pyrion Flax.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

extra stout posted:

I asked LD one time why he doesn't post on something awful anymore and he said "too many flamers and haters" so he definitely should be fired for his anti-gay and his anti-hate agenda.

And yeah Diabotical is going to own, and I hope someone manages to plug it at TI6 for the wronged and betrayed James '2GD' Harding, maybe even our local hero Pyrion Flax.

The Gooniest Orientalist

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Valve just sent an email to midweek badge holders that there will be unique drops for first blood to 500 attendees per match this week.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zurreco posted:

Valve just sent an email to midweek badge holders that there will be unique drops for first blood to 500 attendees per match this week.

what

Doesn't that make it instantly the most rare and valuable item? You could recoup ticket prices three times with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

The Real Foogla posted:

what

Doesn't that make it instantly the most rare and valuable item? You could recoup ticket prices three times with that.

ATTENDEE ITEM DROPS
As a special bonus to fans attending The International, we will be dropping in-game items to audience members inside of KeyArena. At First Blood in each individual game, 500 exclusive Attendee Treasures will drop, each containing visually-unique versions of nine different items selected from this year’s Secret Shop Immortals, and inscribed with a first-blood tracking gem. To be eligible, you must have a badge linked to a Steam account and be in the arena when First Blood occurs. We look forward to seeing you at The International.

Its the same items from the 2 chests that came out yesterday but with possibly even MORE RED PARTICLE EFFECTS?!?!

• Locked thread