Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

how do you pokemon bank? i've never used it

edit: never mind i looked it up

edit 2: okay a better question, will i need to use pokemon bank to transfer pokemon from my X game to Moon?

I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere, but I'd bank on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Alola Dragonite needs to be the exact same but with a lei.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What would you call the stone that lets Dragonite mega digivolve?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

how do you pokemon bank? i've never used it

edit: never mind i looked it up

edit 2: okay a better question, will i need to use pokemon bank to transfer pokemon from my X game to Moon?

yes, that is what Bank is for. it's how Pokemon move between generations now

it will also let you transfer pokemon from the Red/Blue/Yellow VC versions to Sun/Moon

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Calaveron posted:

What would you call the stone that lets Dragonite mega digivolve?

The Dragonitenite, obviously. You might not think they'd go for a name like that, but they do it for all languages. The Japanese name of the Gardevoirite is the Sirknightnite.

Though I think it would be an idea to just have a generic Mega Stone item to give to Pokemon that can Mega Evolve so you don't have to find 30+ individual stones per game.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

But then how would they drop Mega Salamence?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah I'm hoping Gamefreak will just conveniently "forget" to include the stones for Salamance and Kangaskhan.

My little brother is playing competitive battlespot for the first time. He's really salty about the abundance of M-Kanga. He also had never seen perish trap before and I had to explain to him how he was hosed.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Having multiple mega stones means you can set up a team with two mega evolvers and decide which one should mega evolve, or even which one to bring, based on circumstances in the battle, without violating the Item Clause. It only really matters for non-6v6 formats.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah I'm hoping Gamefreak will just conveniently "forget" to include the stones for Salamance and Kangaskhan.

My little brother is playing competitive battlespot for the first time. He's really salty about the abundance of M-Kanga. He also had never seen perish trap before and I had to explain to him how he was hosed.

it's hosed up that you would let your own brother play battlespot

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Friends don't let friends play 3v3 singles

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

mega stones wont be in sun/moon because mega evolution is gone, it was the gimmick of that gen thats getting forgotten and left behind

it makes this sacrifice so that customizable clothing and hair will continue onward in all new games

we salute you mega evolution, you may be gone but you will not be forgotten

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I welcome our new type, Grapple.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I welcome our new type, Grapple.

Is that supposed to be Normal?

Kelp Plankton posted:

mega stones wont be in sun/moon because mega evolution is gone, it was the gimmick of that gen thats getting forgotten and left behind

it makes this sacrifice so that customizable clothing and hair will continue onward in all new games

fair trade imo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Plankton posted:

nice leak

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Are the people who play in-game 6v6 on youtube playing through direct challenges only? Is that the only mode that displays your pokemon's nickname to the other player?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
OK so after some investigation I discovered I have seven gym badges, missing Wulfric's, and I gotta head east but I can't because route 18 is closed because a Pokemon destroyed the road so I still don't know whaddafuck

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Calaveron posted:

OK so after some investigation I discovered I have seven gym badges, missing Wulfric's, and I gotta head east but I can't because route 18 is closed because a Pokemon destroyed the road so I still don't know whaddafuck

Have you resolved the Team Flare plot?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Have you resolved the Team Flare plot?

I have no idea. Where would I go to do that?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Calaveron posted:

I have no idea. Where would I go to do that?

Lumiose City, on the north side. hit up Lysandre Cafe, it's the red one

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

This is pure evil. :magical:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

Lumiose City, on the north side. hit up Lysandre Cafe, it's the red one

I discovered I had already done that but the luchador guy there told me I had to go to this other town and Lysandre kicked my rear end incredibly hard. I beat him but he took down half my team with his gyarados. My guys are really weak to dragon turns out

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

can someone explain why this guy didn't swap out his pokemon the moment gengar skill swapped normalize onto him?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

sharrrk posted:

can someone explain why this guy didn't swap out his pokemon the moment gengar skill swapped normalize onto him?

I saw a shadow tag in there somewhere

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

gothitelle's ability is shadow tag (the opponent can't switch) and gengar role played shadow tag, then they used skill swap on haunter to put shadow tag on haunter so gengar could continue the normalize chain

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The big misplay was going after Delcatty at all. After the fake-out it would almost certainly be complete dead-weight while Gengar is an actual threat, focusing the Gengar down first would have led to a really easy win.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jesus Christ I was watching the XY anime with my son a few weeks ago and thought it took loving forever to get to the second gym, but now I'm replaying Pokémon X and holy poo poo it takes even longer than that in the game.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Anybody with OR/AS have a low level Gastly to spare? I haven't been able to land one on global trade because I haven't got any really good Pokémon yet.

FC is 1908-2771-5337

cams
Mar 28, 2003

What would be the best way of obtaining the Blaziken and Diancie mega stones without going through the trouble of cheating them to myself?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

greatn posted:

Jesus Christ I was watching the XY anime with my son a few weeks ago and thought it took loving forever to get to the second gym, but now I'm replaying Pokémon X and holy poo poo it takes even longer than that in the game.

It owns and I really thought the entire game would be that long.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

cams posted:

What would be the best way of obtaining the Blaziken and Diancie mega stones without going through the trouble of cheating them to myself?

You can just buy Blaziken's in OR/AS near the end game.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

greatn posted:

*nods sagely*

I actually took even longer than any sane person would (I think I'd racked up 40 hours) in my first run of the game because I was wildly indecisive about my team and at its height I had an 18-Pokemon team in constant rotation. It was madness, but there were so many amazing Pokemon available early and I wanted to use ALL OF THEM. and then I was also obsessed with Catching Them All. and Glittering Cave (that's the one with the weird perspective, right?) was particularly obnoxious because you have to run in and out of the cave a bunch to regenerate the shadows.
but this paid off in having darn near the weirdest team I've ever had, with Exploud as one of the anchors. Uproar is a pretty drat good early game special Normal attack, which allowed Whismur to pull its weight.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

gothitelle's ability is shadow tag (the opponent can't switch) and gengar role played shadow tag, then they used skill swap on haunter to put shadow tag on haunter so gengar could continue the normalize chain

i didn't know gothitelle got shadow tag and also somehow i missed seeing it show up. ok that explains it then

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Are the people who play in-game 6v6 on youtube playing through direct challenges only? Is that the only mode that displays your pokemon's nickname to the other player?
yeah

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Feel like this would've been mentioned but my ctrl-f'ing didn't find anything, is there a goon pokemon discord?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Yo check out this leak!

http://pastebin.com/F1SB9AV9

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Various?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I mean I'd that to be true cos it sounds like their are at least 2 parasite pokemon

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
I was looking through all the new pokemon. There are a lot of stupid looking ones.
Also, I guess I played Black/White along with Gold, too.

How many of the pokemon games can I digitally download once I get my new 3DS?

To the guy who wanted to make a Halloween themed run, what about these two pokemon:

Rotom is basically a poltergeist
Mawile is some hosed up monster so it would fit right it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Scored a really nice little Tyrunt at the cost of only the weird Korean Blastoise I had gotten earlier. I think I'm going to put this thing on my team. Sorry Shelgon. You look ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

this is the most satisfying thing, to see your old friends in 3D and feed them cupcakes and pat them on the head

Yeah instantly opened Rhyperior in Pokemon Amie. Oh my god he is so ugly

• Locked thread