Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Heaven's Door can do anything. Its only limitation is that you have to convince the great Rohan Kishibe to waste even a moment of his valuable time on your scrubby rear end first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Grabbin' this from the anime thread:

During Highway Star, Rohan makes Josuke fly backwards at over 70km/h out of necessity. Even the fastest runners in the world only ever manage to hit about half that at their absolute most. Heaven's Door can definitely make people do things that are otherwise impossible.

Whether or not it can allow Josuke to heal himself with Crazy Diamond is a bit more debatable since that'd most likely require writing that command into Crazy Diamond and not Josuke which might be something even Rohan cannot do. But, that one's a pointless question since Rohan would not do that for Josuke even if he could. :v:

It wouldn't be that hard or out there though, since when he got Okuyasu under the effects of Heaven's Door it was mid-punch and The Hand turned into a book and its arm unraveled in the process.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

that bit of heaven's door has always been weird, to be honest

Yeah, I never quite liked that Heaven's Door can actually cause physical things to happen like that, even though every time it happens, it's an awesome moment. I'd prefer it as limited to the general kinds of things mind control can do, but it's all good and is still one of my favorite stands in the series.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/scream_bloody/status/751865360320589824

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

So someone just dropped that rohan survives part 4 in the anime thread which, uh, would kind of ruin the tension of a pretty big sequence

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mr. stefan posted:

So someone just dropped that rohan survives part 4 in the anime thread which, uh, would kind of ruin the tension of a pretty big sequence

I don't think people are going to remember by that point.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Grabbin' this from the anime thread:

During Highway Star, Rohan makes Josuke fly backwards at over 70km/h out of necessity. Even the fastest runners in the world only ever manage to hit about half that at their absolute most. Heaven's Door can definitely make people do things that are otherwise impossible.

Whether or not it can allow Josuke to heal himself with Crazy Diamond is a bit more debatable since that'd most likely require writing that command into Crazy Diamond and not Josuke which might be something even Rohan cannot do. But, that one's a pointless question since Rohan would not do that for Josuke even if he could. :v:

rohan can use his ability on stands. he sends cheap trick to hell

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

mr. stefan posted:

Flashbacks and prequels happen, so it's hardly 100% he survives even knowing he makes a cameo in another part.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ehh I mean I think people have been fast and loose with that but if the anime thread even considers excitement over future episodes to be spoilery I think that probably all shoulda been hidden.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Johnny Joestar posted:

that bit of heaven's door has always been weird, to be honest

Yeah, it's pretty bizarre.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've honestly never been a huge fan of heaven's door mainly because in a series where the stands typically have some sort of vague sense to what they're able to do with heaven's door it's mostly just 'whatever araki feels like at the time' and it kind of sours the implementation. echoes act 3 is also the same way, to the point where araki even just kind of...didn't give it anything to do because he realized how broken that could be.

not that i hate them, it's just that in part 4 they're up against very stiff competition

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I love it that Heaven's Door just up and breaks one of its own goddamn rules in a one-shot. It already has so few limitations and then he just uses it on himself :shrug:

But it's still one of my all-time favorite JoJo Stands because I loving suck

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
So I saw someone point out that in the ending (maybe in the newest update?) in the school hallway with Shigechi you can see crop circles in the ground outside the window, and yeah, you totally can.

Fuckin' David Pro how do you do this

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I love it that Heaven's Door just up and breaks one of its own goddamn rules in a one-shot. It already has so few limitations and then he just uses it on himself :shrug:

But it's still one of my all-time favorite JoJo Stands because I loving suck

Also in one of the side stories it shows he has had it since he was younger too so lol

Araki Forgot

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Also in one of the side stories it shows he has had it since he was younger too so lol

Araki Forgot

The side stories are all meant to be told by Rohan himself, so it totally could be him adding that part in because it's cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The side stories are all meant to be told by Rohan himself, so it totally could be him adding that part in because it's cool

I think it was the Rohan at the Louvre one where he talks to his ancestor when he was younger and he had his stand then

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
If the great Rohan Kishibe wants to use his stand before he gets it or has even heard of stands, who are we to question his genius?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Naerasa posted:

If the great Rohan Kishibe wants to use his stand before he gets it or has even heard of stands, who are we to question his genius?

Rohans a natural stand user in my Headcanon.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
one day rohan Heaven's Door'd himself and wrote "I always had Heaven's Door" it's pretty simple

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

Rohans a natural stand user in my Headcanon.

I think it actually is canon as of Rohan at the Louvre, as much as canon ever matters in JoJo. It really does fit him given his absurd perfectionism and abilities as an artist, I like it much better this way.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

I think it was the Rohan at the Louvre one where he talks to his ancestor when he was younger and he had his stand then

Yep.

I mean I guess it's murky territory in terms of considering the one-shots canonical (I mean, they're certainly in character at least) but I rather prefer the idea of Rohan either having Heaven's Door before instead of being arrow'd. It's most likely that Araki just plain forgot by the time he got to the one-shots but I'd wager he'd even forgotten before then, because I wonder how often he originally planned on using Rohan vs how often he has. As in, sometimes I'm tempted to think that Louvre was a purposeful revision :devil:

So I'm willing to treat the one-shots as canon solely because I'm super entertained by the idea of adult Josuke/Oku/Koichi still hanging out with him, and seeing the arrow stuff as having been canned is NBD to me.

But anyone who knows me knows I am always willing to play fast and loose with canon, though I like to have all the details stored away so I can be a pedant when it suits me

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
if all the one shots are canon then the one where jolyne hides a unicorn in her dress or whaecer and bruno narcs her out is canon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's just funny that if rohan really was retconned to have his stand earlier from the side materials (tho only rohan at the louvre since that's the only one that mentions it and is also the only one that has him using his stand on himself too iirc), then they already missed their chance at changing his line about getting hit by the arrow in the anime.

To be honest, I just wanna know how they handle the black sabbath fight in regards to gold experience getting pierced by the arrow and absolutely nothing happening, I'm curious if they'll just keep it and ignore it, if they'll adapt it, or if they'll keep it and write around it

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

David's generally pretty warts and all with this stuff, I thought the only real exception was throwing in a joestar birthmark before it actually showed up.

no they will not posted:

if all the one shots are canon then the one where jolyne hides a unicorn in her dress or whaecer and bruno narcs her out is canon

OFC this is canon

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Didn't they change the angle that Avdol got shot from so that it would be plausible that it grazed him?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

To be honest, I just wanna know how they handle the black sabbath fight in regards to gold experience getting pierced by the arrow and absolutely nothing happening, I'm curious if they'll just keep it and ignore it, if they'll adapt it, or if they'll keep it and write around it

They included DIO using some version of Hermit Purple near the beginning of Stardust Crusaders, which doesn't make a lick of sense*. I don't think they're going to change anything about that.

(*Now everyone start arguing that it's Jonathan's body's Stand, or whatever rationalization people come up with instead of 'Araki Forgot')

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

There are a million ways to explain away the Black Sabbath thing. Someone with a stand getting hit by the arrow is inconsistent even in part 4. Kira gets new powers but it bounces off Mikitaka.

Maybe it only gives new abilities of you're ready for them or whatever, just like how some people just die and don't get stands. Maybe all the crazy new powers Giorno shows off for the rest of part 5 are a result of getting hit with the arrow early on. The stand arrow is magic, it can do whatever it wants.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Begemot posted:

There are a million ways to explain away the Black Sabbath thing. Someone with a stand getting hit by the arrow is inconsistent even in part 4. Kira gets new powers but it bounces off Mikitaka.

hes an alien

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

alcharagia posted:

hes an alien

Yes, an alien who already has a stand.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
hot off the presses, new weedo aureo

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/762451374260916228

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Begemot posted:

Maybe it only gives new abilities of you're ready for them or whatever, just like how some people just die and don't get stands. Maybe all the crazy new powers Giorno shows off for the rest of part 5 are a result of getting hit with the arrow early on. The stand arrow is magic, it can do whatever it wants.

For the Mikitaka thing, I always assumed the arrow had an immediate effect on Mikitaka, and he rolled with it

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/762447026025967616

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If I was a Stand User, I'd just criticize/compliment other users' taste in music.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Looking forward to more of "Joshuu gets loving cursed," or, "Joshuu's Millions"

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Those bastards forced Jotaro to sit down

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

manga Jotaro: the man with the most unbreakable ankles, will not deign to put his rear end on the filthy land

anime Jotaro: sits down like a normal person

smh those damned SJWs have struck again......

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Butt Ox posted:

(*Now everyone start arguing that it's Jonathan's body's Stand, or whatever rationalization people come up with instead of 'Araki Forgot')

i'm pretty sure araki literally said that in an interview

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm pretty sure araki literally said that in an interview

it was in JOJO A-GO!GO!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I liked the old fan theory that The World was just a collection of Joestar stands, which explained Star Platinum's time stop a little better. But yeah, it's not fan rationalization when the man himself says it's the case.

Green Intern posted:

Looking forward to more of "Joshuu gets loving cursed," or, "Joshuu's Millions"

Just two more weeks to go! We're halfway there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This fuckin tornado stand

Also I hate looking at Tsurugi.