Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Putin, Jill Stein, and Donald Trump's military advisor Michael Flynn attending dinner for RT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

Putin, Jill Stein, and Donald Trump's military advisor Michael Flynn attending dinner for RT.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/762272693928550401

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mrit posted:

I would choose the one closest to my views that was most likely to win so they could actually do something about it.

Well, that's why I said "all things equal." Holding a good opinion over the long term is certainly a pro, but it's far from the only thing to look at when choosing a candidate.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

Oh, well, if Assange's heterosexual life partner Glenn Greenwald says it's 100% false then I'm sure it must be some other old white lady. They all look pretty similar to me.

Jill2016.com– "Stein in Russia Calls for Principled Collaboration"

Maybe he should correct Jill Stein that she wasn't actually in Russia and didn't make a speech on the same exact stage.

proletarian_pixie
Jun 21, 2016
Someone on my FB feed commented that, "in the back of my mind, it occurs to me that Russia is fomenting revolution in the US for selfish military reasons, but I don't care." I agree.

firebeats
May 8, 2016

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im going to vote for jill stein for president of the united states of america

Me too! :hfive:

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

https://www.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/761902309840412673

That the man posts this after fundraising for the poor, martyred Matt Bruenig (who did nothing wrong except say nono words to Neera, evidently) and in the midst of his monthlong concerntrolling about neoMcCarthyism is truly purestrain irony. Like Ollie North, but entirely about internetdramas.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Love Jill Stein. She's the kinda crazy cook who keeps people in the Democrat party.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Libertarian vp is a former governor. Greens vp doesn't have a Wikipedia page. I'm supposed to be afraid of these guys?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Reality is an establishment lie!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Reality is an establishment lie!

i am up for a Glenn Greenwald is mostly an idiot thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mooseontheloose posted:

he really is the most literal possible 'useful idiot'.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
I like the part where Stein is an antivaxxer enabler while her veep is shilling for Assad so it turns out even the Berniest of bros don't have any semblance of a holier than thou candidate to go to

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mooseontheloose posted:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Adar posted:

I like the part where Stein is an antivaxxer enabler while her veep is shilling for Assad so it turns out even the Berniest of bros don't have any semblance of a holier than thou candidate to go to

in russia they have zhironovsky the clown and a fake communist party to keep opposition impossible but this is truly some 5th dimensional chess disarming the opposition type stuff

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

everyone who has ever been in the same room as putin is a deep cover agent. i'm smart.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Homework Explainer posted:

everyone who has ever been in the same room as putin is a deep cover agent. i'm smart.

is anyone calling her an 'agent' besides Greenwald having a little panic attack about how people TOTALLY ARE SAYING IT, GUYS I SWEAR THEY ARE, or are people just calling her an idiot

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Read about the Green Party Convention.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Homework Explainer posted:

if you've seen putin on TV and have been in the same city he was in, what level of KGB/FSB agent are you ? asking for an undisclosed friend who may or may not exist that i have no relationship with

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
can't tell you how many times i've shown up to a restaurant in moscow and whoops - ended up at the same table with putin AGAIN! these scheduling errors are out of control!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Nameless_Steve posted:

Oh, well, if Assange's heterosexual life partner Glenn Greenwald says it's 100% false then I'm sure it must be some other old white lady. They all look pretty similar to me.

Jill2016.com– "Stein in Russia Calls for Principled Collaboration"

Maybe he should correct Jill Stein that she wasn't actually in Russia and didn't make a speech on the same exact stage.

she's chillin on the couch, that's no speech.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is anyone calling her an 'agent' besides Greenwald having a little panic attack about how people TOTALLY ARE SAYING IT, GUYS I SWEAR THEY ARE, or are people just calling her an idiot

there's a lot of waggling of eyebrows and python nudges

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/762527920027873280

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i often end up "rootin' for putin"

everytime i visit russia

he is a wily rascal constantly coaxing me with random plants to get me to turn coat against this wonderful (:nsa: :ocelot: ;)) country, #1, the United States of America

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/eliotnelson/status/761615453240254464

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
makes sense for them to not waste money on printing tbqh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This article rules

"Then there was Sedinam Kinamo Christin Moyowasifza-Curry, a long-shot Green Party presidential candidate who regularly interrupted the proceedings to proclaim that the primary had been rigged against her. Anytime someone mispronounced her name or refused to repeat it in full, she would halt the proceedings with a yell. Rather than shut her down, the party secretaries typically yielded to pressure from the crowd not to muffle anyone’s voice, no matter how out of order they were. They made Reince Priebus seem like an exemplar of command and control."

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zoux posted:

This article rules

"Then there was Sedinam Kinamo Christin Moyowasifza-Curry, a long-shot Green Party presidential candidate who regularly interrupted the proceedings to proclaim that the primary had been rigged against her. Anytime someone mispronounced her name or refused to repeat it in full, she would halt the proceedings with a yell. Rather than shut her down, the party secretaries typically yielded to pressure from the crowd not to muffle anyone’s voice, no matter how out of order they were. They made Reince Priebus seem like an exemplar of command and control."

#HillNotJill

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

quote:

There was the roll call vote, a disorderly and poorly managed process that, even by the standards of this year’s sometimes raucous and discordant conventions, was an utter poo poo-show. When the very first delegate, a white gentleman from Alabama, stood up to deliver his state’s votes, many in the crowd booed him. “THE GREAT WHITE HOPE, HUH?” one delegate yelled.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I'm with her

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

It's possible to imagine that the energy and organizing experience brought to the Green Party by the Bernie Sanders people will help the party — but it’s just as easy to imagine that the energy of the Busters cools and dissipates in a party with few resources and not much of an organizing background. As Ndgo laid out plans, some of the Greens in the room, older folk who’d been with the party for a while, seemed uncomfortable. The new Buster clearinghouse Ndgo described seemed “bottlenecky,” one Green delegate from Massachusettes said. Ndgo turned the conversation to a brainstorming session. What other organizing ideas did people have?

A man in a full formal green Army uniform jumped up. “I started a GoFundMe account. I haven’t gotten any donations yet,” he says. “I have lots of big ideas.” He had a friend who made banners, and he planned to go to Dallas-area highway overpasses and put up signs. The first: “‘Clinton is a terrorist.’ The next overpass, you’ll see ‘Trump is a pedophile.’ The third will say: ‘Jill Stein is a doctor.” The room cheered.

Ndgo’s eyebrows jumped up and down. “Banner drops,” she said. “That’s an idea.”

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

A man in a full formal green Army uniform jumped up. “I started a GoFundMe account. I haven’t gotten any donations yet,” he says. “I have lots of big ideas.” He had a friend who made banners, and he planned to go to Dallas-area highway overpasses and put up signs. The first: “‘Clinton is a terrorist.’ The next overpass, you’ll see ‘Trump is a pedophile.’ The third will say: ‘Jill Stein is a doctor.” The room cheered.
Ndgo’s eyebrows jumped up and down. “Banner drops,” she said. “That’s an idea.”

edit: should've refreshed

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You know who else was a doctor?

THAT'S RIGHT.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

But there were also a lot of people at the convention with credible and considered political beliefs, who held nuanced positions about Clinton and Trump, and had thought at length about their involvement with a third party. They don’t tend to get heard much.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think you'll find that AMERIKKA IS ALWAYS WRONG and anything challenging their hegemonic power is unbridled good and cannot be questioned.Now let me tell you why Obama is REALLY going to attack Iran this time.

-Glenn Greenwald, proabably

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Wikkheiser posted:

You know who else was a doctor?

THAT'S RIGHT.

you know who else else was a doctor?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

exploding mummy posted:

edit: should've refreshed

I do love that he needs gofundme money to make banners

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I do love that he needs gofundme money to make banners

For his friend. He's just an ideas man.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hey guys, quick question, any relation to ben stein of "win ben stein's money"???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Karl Barks posted:

hey guys, quick question, any relation to ben stein of "win ben stein's money"???

she has a son named Ben Stein. could it be the ben stein of win ben stein's money? i can't say for sure.

• Locked thread