Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Raskolnikov38 posted:

technically that's 100% of the president's duties

What about pardoning turkeys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

CNN's All-Star All Trump panel just hit the polling trifecta (in order and all within 3 minutes):

1) polling right now does not matter. It is all a convention bump and polls will not matter until after Labor Day "when people are finally paying attention" (works with Manafort stating that September is when they start campaigning)

2) polls are biased (and used AJC's Georgia poll as being too focused on blacks, women and young people)

3) the current polls are great for Trump because Hillary is not blowing him out of the water.

Unfortunately for them, she actually is blowing him out of the water

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Antti posted:

What about pardoning turkeys?

that counts as domestic policy

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Hey guys if you're thinking of a getaway to relax after all this election excitement

http://twscruise.com/?utm_source=newsletters&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New+Cruise

quote:

Things to do onboard...
  • Work out in the state-of-the-art fitness center

• Relax by the pool

• Enjoy High Tea

• Take an arts tour

• Pamper yourself in the Luxurious Spa

• Take a class in the Culinary Arts Center

• Play paddle tennis

• Attend a wine tasting

• Surf the internet

• Attend an art auction

• Relax in a hydrotherapy pool

• See a first-run movie

• Enjoy coffee and the New York Times

• Check out a book from the library

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Drunkboxer posted:

that counts as domestic policy

is it foreign policy if they're wild turkeys

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Bunleigh posted:

Unfortunately for them, she actually is blowing him out of the water

*extremely boosted voice* actually if you adjust it to this metric and take out the obviously biased polls and use this smoothing filter she's only up what obama beat Romney handily by

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Trumpian haiku is the greatest addition to the Western canon in at least a century.

Moonless night...
a powerful wind embraces
the ancient cedars.
In the face of such beauty,
the lamestream media
is nowhere to be seen.
Sad!!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

emfive posted:

Hey guys if you're thinking of a getaway to relax after all this election excitement

http://twscruise.com/?utm_source=newsletters&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New+Cruise

oh boy is it time to wish for this boat to sink again

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

FistEnergy posted:

Jesus H Christ, Trump offered VP Kasich full control of foreign and domestic policy? Like, isn't that 95% of the President's duties? What the hell was President Orangeman going to do all day? This should be yet another event to completely and permanently disqualify Trump from office. Too bad Nothing Matters....

I guess the idea is that we get Shadow President Kasich and then Trump just jets around and continues to hold rallies where he makes fun of Jeb Bush and blames all of America's problems on Muslims.

E: so this is telling, was the same offer made to Pence then?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is it foreign policy if they're wild turkeys

wild turkeys are a matter best left to the states imo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

emfive posted:

reading the NYT on the weekly standard cruise? lol

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh boy is it time to wish for this boat to sink again

Come December 2016 most of the people there would probably be ok with drowning. I hear it's just like going home.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

emfive posted:

So I spend a couple thousand dollars to do stuff I mostly do regularly anyway, but locked up on a boat with a bunch of delusional maniacs. Cool.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
also I was on a brief vacation in Manhattan with one of my kids and no joke I got invited by an old friend to eat breakfast at his place on the 46th floor of Trump World Tower

it was p nice

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
It's also the national reviews cruise

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Deteriorata posted:

So I spend a couple thousand dollars to do stuff I mostly do regularly anyway, but locked up on a boat with a bunch of delusional maniacs. Cool.

Anything's legal in international waters, dude.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Al! posted:

I wonder if this one has legs, its pretty bizarre that he would let any of his staff work for the Russian government right now

He's not paying them, and they gotta eat, you know.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dogstoyevsky posted:

I guess the idea is that we get Shadow President Kasich and then Trump just jets around and continues to hold rallies where he makes fun of Jeb Bush and blames all of America's problems on Muslims.

E: so this is telling, was the same offer made to Pence then?

Unless you think that in the weeks between that offer and picking pence trump decided he actually wanted to do the work of the president

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Pence sure looks dumb enough to believe the story

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Trump's goal is to sit in the Oval Office chair and have people call him Mr. President. That's it. He wants to win and have people suck off his ego all day every day. He doesn't actually give a solid gently caress about the wall or guns or saying Merry Christmas, these are all just levers to pull to get people to say nice things about him.

There's zero other explanation to why he was willing to be a figurehead president and hand off policy decisions to a guy whom he politically doesn't align with.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Drink coffee and read the New York Times while on a ship.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

MadJackal posted:

or saying Merry Christmas

um that is clearly part of the "make america great again" part of the job

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

FistEnergy posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/07/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-election-2016/index.html

Jesus H Christ, Trump offered VP Kasich full control of foreign and domestic policy? Like, isn't that 95% of the President's duties? What the hell was President Orangeman going to do all day? This should be yet another event to completely and permanently disqualify Trump from office. Too bad Nothing Matters....
Trump is going to focus all his efforts on extra-terrestrial policy. Specifically; becoming famous across the stars.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

smell this posted:

and rant about JYNA

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I didn't realize Trump's economics team is also comprised of so many donors. His casual corruption and nepotism is so funny.

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/762284125470547968

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Trump is going to focus all his efforts on extra-terrestrial policy. Specifically; becoming famous across the stars.

makes sense that he didn't pick newt then, he's worried about getting his thunder stolen

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Piquai Souban posted:

I didn't realize Trump's economics team is also comprised of so many donors. His casual corruption and nepotism is so funny.

Yeah after he won the primary, he brought lots of finance sector types onboard to staff his campaign.

So much for being the populist anti-wall street canidate

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

smell this posted:

Do they helicopter in shipments of the NYT each day onto the main deck, or do they have their own printing press, or...?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Nameless_Steve posted:

Do they helicopter in shipments of the NYT each day onto the main deck, or do they have their own printing press, or...?

they never said you could read the most recent issues of the NYT

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nameless_Steve posted:

Uh uh the Internet

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

fart blood posted:

If you told me back in 2006 that the future GOP would make the evil pricks in the Bush Administration look like the sensible alternative, I'd have punched you in the mouth.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

raminasi posted:

makes sense that he didn't pick newt then, he's worried about getting his thunder stolen
Precisely. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/762283067327320064

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

showbiz_liz posted:

Moonless night...
a powerful wind embraces
the ancient cedars.
In the face of such beauty,
the lamestream media
is nowhere to be seen.
Sad!!

:golfclap:

I wonder what has more hot man-on-man action. A gay cruise or a conservative cruise

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Piquai Souban posted:

add this to the list of things he could probably have attacked Hillary on if he hadn't decided to do it himself twice as hard for no real reason

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fullhouse posted:

add this to the list of things he could probably have attacked Hillary on if he hadn't decided to do it himself twice as hard for no real reason

Trump’s new economic team leans heavily on Wall Street investors and hedge-fund managers, despite railing against them during the early parts of his presidential campaign.

“The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around. And they get lucky," Trump said last year on CBS’s Face the Nation. "Look, they're energetic. They're very smart. But a lot of them, it's, like, they're paper pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous, oka

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fullhouse posted:

add this to the list of things he'll attack her on even though he's just as, if not more, guilty of doing

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmao

Nevada. Dumb! :sad:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, three states he desperately needs to win, but forgoes the fact that if he doesn't win PA, he's hosed (assuming VA, CO, WI, and NV/IA go Hillary).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

etalian posted:

Yeah after he won the primary, he brought lots of finance sector types onboard to staff his campaign.

So much for being the populist anti-wall street canidate

He brought jobs, idiot. When has Obummer ever done that????

• Locked thread