Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Nameless_Steve posted:

Do they helicopter in shipments of the NYT each day onto the main deck, or do they have their own printing press, or...?

I took a cruise on a different line and the newspapers were laser-printed "condensed" editions that just had the top news and a few columns etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
West Virginia really is peak Trump

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

quote:

Dana Loesch believes in Christianity, patriotism, traditional marriage, and the right to bear arms, among other “quaint” ideas. For the elites in DC, Los Angeles, New York, and Silicon Valley, that makes her as bizarre as a three-headed dog.

i feel like Silicon Valley showing up in the list of (((globalist))) lairs is a new trend

frankly, it's an honor just to be considered

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Karl Sharks posted:

add this to the list of things he'll attack her on even though he's just as, if not more, guilty of doing

this is probably the more likely outcome, yeah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

i feel like Silicon Valley showing up in the list of (((globalist))) lairs is a new trend

frankly, it's an honor just to be considered

Silicon Valley is a nasty cesspit of corporate greed, excess and general callousness towards poor people

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Silicon Valley is a funny show.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

etalian posted:

Silicon Valley is a nasty cesspit of corporate greed, excess and general callousness towards poor people

so why are republicans against it

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Raskolnikov38 posted:

commiefornia

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Coal miners are the last remnants of the industrial revolution :shepface:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Probably because the whole People Republic of California joke, even though SV is basically a real world example of horrible republican ideals in action.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

FistEnergy posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/07/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-election-2016/index.html

Jesus H Christ, Trump offered VP Kasich full control of foreign and domestic policy? Like, isn't that 95% of the President's duties? What the hell was President Orangeman going to do all day? This should be yet another event to completely and permanently disqualify Trump from office. Too bad Nothing Matters....

trump will be spending all day using the power of the office to settle old scores

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fullhouse posted:

add this to the list of things he could probably have attacked Hillary on if he hadn't decided to do it himself twice as hard for no real reason

unforced errors you say? love em

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/762326071454736384

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

FistEnergy posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/07/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-election-2016/index.html

Jesus H Christ, Trump offered VP Kasich full control of foreign and domestic policy? Like, isn't that 95% of the President's duties? What the hell was President Orangeman going to do all day? This should be yet another event to completely and permanently disqualify Trump from office. Too bad Nothing Matters....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html?_r=3

quote:

Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Drunkboxer posted:

Silicon Valley is a funny show.

:yeah:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This is why I think Clinton might have an easier time winning NC + GA this cycle than in the southwest. Lots of college-educated black and white people with historically higher vote turnout than Latinos.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Why would the GOP hate the Silicon Valley? It's one giant safe space for libertarian manchildren

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Why would the GOP hate the Silicon Valley? It's one giant safe space for libertarian manchildren

It's close to San Francisco

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FistEnergy posted:

Four words: :nms:Acting President Mike Pence :gonk:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

It ruins their talking point of CA being an over-regulated commie hellhole where THE EVIL GOVERNMENT takes all the money

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Because silicon valley loves immigration and is ambivalent towards the queers.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

So is incest

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nouveau riche

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/762322623405568000
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/762325099785486337

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol if you think anything the GOP says or does has any logical consistency

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The base hates silicon valley, not the politicians. The slack jawed yokels hate those fart huffing mocca latte sipping turds, regardless of politics.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dude id huff farts to be that rich

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

do u even prep bro?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
No surprise Homo Westvirginas is very pro trump.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Despera posted:

No surprise Homo Westvirginas is very pro trump.

you callin me a homo boy?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Why would Hannity be taking PrEP?

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Oh goody, we're going to see mainstream news anchors call the election illegitimate this year, thus encouraging Republicans in Congress to further shut down the basic functioning of government.

I wonder if we'll see SCOTUS seats filled in the next 4 years.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Brian Stelter Orchestrates false narrative.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hannity is having a nice meltdown like every few hours, keep it up LIEberal Media!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Boy, now that Ailes is out, Hannity's been lashing out. He's not taking the divorce well.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/762333079675473921

oops

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Bryter posted:

Because silicon valley loves immigration and is ambivalent towards the queers.

If the GOP ever stopped denying climate change and hating on gays and immigrants, SV would probably turn solid red because they love low taxes and slashing regulations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

MadJackal posted:

Oh goody, we're going to see mainstream news anchors call the election illegitimate this year, thus encouraging Republicans in Congress to further shut down the basic functioning of government.

I wonder if we'll see SCOTUS seats filled in the next 4 years.

I'm guessing if the GOP has enough power in 2017 to obstruct we'll start seeing some moves to circumvent Congress to keep the government working. Which is something the GOP should probably be afraid of since they've been moving to making the Executive more and more powerful over time and now it's going to be in the hands of someone they've been pissing off for about 25 years.

Of course, this also means that the GOP want to keep the Teabaggers around instead of slapping them down to reestablish control. And running with that, it's easy to see why they wouldn't mind a liberal-majority Supreme Court so they can keep the anger going without giving the Teabaggers any ground or sense of power.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I'm guessing if the GOP has enough power in 2017 to obstruct we'll start seeing some moves to circumvent Congress to keep the government working. Which is something the GOP should probably be afraid of since they've been moving to making the Executive more and more powerful over time and now it's going to be in the hands of someone they've been pissing off for about 25 years.

Of course, this also means that the GOP want to keep the Teabaggers around instead of slapping them down to reestablish control. And running with that, it's easy to see why they wouldn't mind a liberal-majority Supreme Court so they can keep the anger going without giving the Teabaggers any ground or sense of power.

I continue to believe the GOP will be way too fractured by unprecedented cross-faction saltiness to be very obstructive even assuming they keep the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Like Paul Ryan thinks he's so loving cagey with his pseudo endorsement of Trump but all that's gonna happen after the loss is the Trumpists will remember the times he refuted their candidate and handed the election to Hillary. At the same time the donor class, who will quickly remind us that they were all totally firm, unwavering #NeverTrumpers all along, will make Ryan the scapegoat for letting this happen to the GOP brand and handing the election to Hillary.

• Locked thread