Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Hands down, the "Let's call people using the TTY relay service" thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
the mangosteen stuff and all the bans/fallout that came from it was pretty funny

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Please elaborate, I have to know more.

Windows98's life dream was to be a GBS mod. He begged and begged and begged on the forums every chance he got to be made a mod. I guess at some point he started hanging around the GBS IRC channel, made some networking connections and they were gonna make him a mod. However since he was so universally despised on these forums they were gonna have to make him a second account and make him mod in secret. So Windows98 decided to screen cap the secret plan and pass it around to brag about how he was going to be a secret mod and now he's banned.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

windows 98, through a confluence of circumstances that would be laborious to discuss, became owner of the gbs irc and was being considered to mod gbs at the same time. when lowtax originally tried to make him mod of gbs (originally Ralp's idea, lol) all the other mods and everyone else freaked out and so lowtax rescinded his decision.

months passed, and although windows 98 was getting trolled in irc daily, he was surprisingly good at rolling with the punches. I really gotta hand it to the guy, i expected him to crack a lot sooner. eventually he freaked out and tried to ban every single op and admin from the gbs irc (to prevent them from unbanning users that constantly hosed with him) and then, through some trickery by channel admins and ops, everyone else was banned from the channel and it was set to require an ssl key to get in. he couldn't seem to figure out how to undo this, so it was just windows 98 sitting the channel alone with two of his cronies for a couple days. eventually they figured it out and he managed to let some other people in.

during this time he talked a lot about becoming mod of gbs, nobody believed him though. eventually, in order to prove that he was still being considered to mod gbs, he posted a screenshot in gbs irc of a pm from LadyAmbien talking about him becoming a "shadow mod" of gbs under some kind of mod/robot gimmick account. This way windows98 could still mod gbs and the other mods wouldn't freak out, which is good. for some reason.

when he posted this picture of the pm in irc at least one person said he shouldn't have linked it, and he replied with something like "lowtax and ladyambien aren't going to care about me posting a picture on irc, lol." well, it turns out they definitely did care and when someone posted this picture on the forums via an alt account called "Windows XP" lowtax and ladyambien banned windows 98 and publicly shamed him in an extremely dope gbs thread, which i can't find right now but i am sure still exists, probably in the gas chamber. it was around this time that he started talking about spending less time on the internet. he also gave up ownership of the irc to someone else. he still hung out there for a couple of days, but eventually, after getting owned and then kickbanned, he left and was never seen again.

We still don't know who windows XP was, but he singlehandedly saved gbs from being modded by windows 98.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Windows 98 also went to jail for savagely beating a minor with a shovel and while incarcerated he got a tattoo reading "2014 Sucked."

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

And this. https://youtu.be/jIBQMxyVdRA

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

well, it turns out they definitely did care and when someone posted this picture on the forums via an alt account called "Windows XP" lowtax and ladyambien banned windows 98 and publicly shamed him in an extremely dope gbs thread, which i can't find right now but i am sure still exists, probably in the gas chamber.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782122&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

he should get one that says 2016 sucked also. just trust me on this

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

nice

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A hero if ever there was one.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

We still don't know who windows XP was, but he singlehandedly saved gbs from being modded by windows 98.

If you really wanted to you could probably go through is post history, find the skrillix plagiarism that he calls music, find his information then go over and gently caress his girlfriend since she constantly cheats on him.

edit: totally misread this lol, you were wondering who Windows XP was not Windows 98. I should have realized, no one cares who Windows 98 is

Ride The Gravitron has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Aug 7, 2016

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i believe with all my heart windows xp was nooner

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hell Yeah posted:

it was Nooner

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

symbolic posted:

it was Nooner

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it wasn't nooner.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it was Hell Yeah

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Celluloid Sam posted:

it was Hell Yeah

nooner hangs out in the irc sometimes but he never gets that involved. i know it wasn't me, but i wish it was, i wish banned from the irc when the picture was linked there. although windows98 did accuse me of being windows xp during this entire time.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

it wasn't nooner.

lol then some poor sap ate an unwarrented ban

WINDOWS XP posted:

lmao your welcome

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ill take credit but t wasn't me I'm. Not that clever

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hell Yeah posted:

it wasn't nooner.
Windows XP's ban reason is "Nooner evading probation", so i figure Shine found out through IPs or something

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

symbolic posted:

Windows XP's ban reason is "Nooner evading probation", so i figure Shine found out through IPs or something

ya i saw that, but i know it wasn't him.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
thanks nooner

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
why does shine have such a huge boner for gbs?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im nooner

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

*Stands up triumphantly*
No, I'm nooner!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
And then there was the guy that was all hosed up on religion and had a web comic called "Faith Mouse" and was turned to the dark side by goons.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it doesn't make sense to me that ppl in this thread are mentioning stories without actually telling the story.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

it doesn't make sense to me that ppl in this thread are mentioning stories without actually telling the story.
bc then it might get moved to PYF :tinfoil:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dee eight posted:

And then there was the guy that was all hosed up on religion and had a web comic called "Faith Mouse" and was turned to the dark side by goons.

I have a signed copy of this

Dan Lacey owns

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Yeah, that sounds about right for a goon tale. Some acts like an rear end, someone else tries to do something retarded, one of those people publicly calls out the other, nonetheless be gets laid, and we all go home disappointed.

Thanks for sharing.

vibe alive
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Does anyone remember Must Love Horses?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Thank you for this

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

I'm nooner :grin:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

vibe alive posted:

Does anyone remember Must Love Horses?

I do not, please inform me.

Who was that gross goon in E/N who never showered and ate their own hair? Username started with a B i'm sure.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Volume posted:

Who was that gross goon in E/N who never showered and ate their own hair? Username started with a B i'm sure.

barbados?

something like that, if you're talking about the chick

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jesus Christ posted:

why does shine have such a huge boner for gbs?

ill state that having been on this gay web site for a decade now, the admin situation is the best its ever been

the mod situation is abysmal on the whole with a few standouts, same as its ever been

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Volume posted:

barbako

i only remember this because some goon was trying to make a fighting game around the time barbako was relevant and included her as one of the characters

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I Said No posted:

barbako

i only remember this because some goon was trying to make a fighting game around the time barbako was relevant and included her as one of the characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDUBwrKNiVg

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

It was pretty recent but Spider getting modded and then writing all kinds of weird whiny messages to Lowtax in probation reasons was one of the funniest meltdowns I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Ryoshi posted:

It was pretty recent but Spider getting modded and then writing all kinds of weird whiny messages to Lowtax in probation reasons was one of the funniest meltdowns I've ever seen.

the last straw was probating someone while he himself was on probation