Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
In this new generation, Goodra should learn Recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
I really hope that list is real because if so there's some really neat stuff on it.

One detail I did notice is you have two water/psychic lines on there right next to each other, Bruxish and Peskool, which, if this IS real, would lead me to believe they're version exclusives, since they've been keeping those right next to each other in the Dex in recent gens, a la Spritzee/Swirlix and Clauncher/Skrelp. It's probably just me but this feels like a detail someone making poo poo up wouldn't even bother to consider. That and names like SWINDLEWT have that kind of "this is a really awkward and bad play on words" quality that we usually see.

That being said, it's just me being hopeful because poo poo, there's an Ice/Fighting Yeti on there and I really want that to exist. :shobon: I guess we'll know one way or the other on the 12th.

Unless all they show that day is a feature on Z-Moves. :argh:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blaine the Train posted:

I guess we'll know one way or the other on the 12th.

Corocoro will leak before that

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think the leak is fake because so long as the game progression remains linear it wouldn't make sense for there to be four evolutions for the starters on the basis of which island they evolve. Most players would hit level 36 (or whatever) on the second or third island and never see the remainder of the evolutions.

With that said, they could actually go for nonlinear progression this time what with Rotomdex's little bottom screen map helping along younger players who need it, and just block off higher-level areas of each island with trial checks sort of like the badge gates leading up to all other games' Elites Four. That would be pretty cool, but I don't think there's any evidence pointing in that direction, so at this point I'm comfortable writing it off. Would love to be wrong and go island-hopping, though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Chimeric posted:

Didn't that other leak say that Malshadow (or whatever) was supposed to have a "very unique typing?"

It did, but upon consideration Fire and Dark make a lot of sense for an Eclipse Pokémon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Classtoise posted:

The leaks kind of make sense.

"The starters and Rockruff share a secret" = Z-Attacks aren't unique to them. But variant typings based on some factor ARE. Which would definitely be cool.

Where was this from again? I remember that phrase, but not where it came from.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Electric Phantasm posted:

Where was this from again? I remember that phrase, but not where it came from.

Corocoro.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you.

We can go on and ignore #3, right? Dude is talking about getting 10% Zygarde around the 3rd gym.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dexie posted:

The leaks are saying they have two forms, depending on either which island they evolve on or what time of day they evolve.

Someone on /vp/ was nice enough to gather all the 'trusted' leaks together. I guess we'll see how much more of these are true on Friday.

The various refers to things that have different types, similar to the dancing bird.

They like to round stuff up to 'kinda right.'

This said pokemon would transform, but they don't transform. Eh, kinda right.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
That leak is fake because they wouldn't use the literal Spanish word for dolphin (delfin) as a Pokemon name. Specially bc Spanish and English translations use the same names.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Veks posted:

That leak is fake because they wouldn't use the literal Spanish word for dolphin (delfin) as a Pokemon name. Specially bc Spanish and English translations use the same names.

Krabby

Seel

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder if Z Moves take up a space in your move list or if it's like mega evolutions where it's a separate button

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Veks posted:

that makes Abra kind of weird

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Calaveron posted:

I wonder if Z Moves take up a space in your move list or if it's like mega evolutions where it's a separate button

You have to equip an item to a Pokemon to use them, so it's probably like Mega Evolutions

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chibs posted:

Krabby

Seel

oddium posted:

that makes Abra kind of weird

All of which are first gen, the laziest gen.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The list has some neat ideas, like an alternate "spoiled" evolution for the mangosteen, but I'm having flashbacks to the XY leaks with stuff like " this dragon starts nasty but gets cuter as it evolves". What's so special about this week that would confirm/deny it?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

The list has some neat ideas, like an alternate "spoiled" evolution for the mangosteen, but I'm having flashbacks to the XY leaks with stuff like " this dragon starts nasty but gets cuter as it evolves". What's so special about this week that would confirm/deny it?

On the 12th we're getting another infodump video thing, so any new Pokemon reveals would confirm or deny the whole list if the names/concepts match or not

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How does breeding for Abilities work. I have a noibat with Frisk, does it just have a 50-50 chance of being Frisk or Infiltrator when I breed it?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

GreyPowerVan posted:

How does breeding for Abilities work. I have a noibat with Frisk, does it just have a 50-50 chance of being Frisk or Infiltrator when I breed it?

edit: I had a brain fart. Okay yeah it's just a 80% change for females and 20% chance for males to pass abilities down. :eng99:

Chibs fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 7, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Chibs posted:

Random, unless you use an Everstone. It changes the chances of passing the holding parent's ability to 50% for females, and 20% for males.

I thought the Everstone was the 100% pass down Nature?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

GreyPowerVan posted:

I thought the Everstone was the 100% pass down Nature?

Yeah. Everstone is Nature, Destiny knot brings you from 2IVs to 5IVs and some of the Incense items are required for baby mons.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Diatom Pokemon that evolves into a proton or electron is cute

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Grass/Fire Peppire? Going to have to preemptively disbelieve this list; that's practically a shibboleth for fake by now.

Not that I wouldn't like to be wrong. Not-Hawaii reflecting real Hawaii's parasite problem is a nice bit of research reflected.

Or like 5 cats reflecting their feral cat problem.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Classtoise posted:

Or like 5 cats reflecting their feral cat problem.

doesn't sound like much of a problem imo

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Here is a postscript from the leaker

Leaker posted:

Robinroot: Grass/Flying, Grass, Grass/Ground, Grass/Electric

Beltigre: Fire/Dark, Fire, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Poison

Sirene: Water/Fairy, Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Psychic

Weruff: Rock/Dark, Rock/Fighting, Rock/Steel, Rock/Fairy

Porprise: Water/Ice, Water/Steel, Water/Fairy, Water/Dragon

Darline/Darwisker: the fabled breed cats. Normal/Anything.

Snohom/Snorror, Rugrilla, Delfin/Porprise, Fungkie/Hallucid, Cumbersum/Anenemie all got mentions in previous leaks as well.

Malshadow has some kind of type-shifting ability, but i don't know any more on that at this time.

Hopefully the different types have some visual indication otherwise these suckers are going to be a headache to fight against

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 7, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

can hawaii really not handle five cats between all their islands

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
CAT WITH 19 FORMS

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Someone put the pastebin list in a more pleasant to read format:

#769 might lead to some controversy with that name and typing... :eek:

#776 contains a typo that was also in the pastebin list: the official English name only has one k. Could be an honest mistake, or point to the list being fake.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 7, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Hopefully the different types have some visual indication otherwise these suckers are going to be a headache to fight against

I can make my Litten into THE UNDERTAKER??

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Grass/Electric is far and away the best typing for Robinroot there. It has one less weakness than neutral Grass and no 4x weaknesses. For Beltigre all of the types are more less alright depending on what you're going for. For Sirene Water/Fairy is the absolute best, followed by monotype Water.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Mmm, I doubt Popplio has four forms compared to the others' three. that's just rude.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmm, I doubt Popplio has four forms compared to the others' three. that's just rude.

They all have four

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Boomstick Quaid posted:

They all have four

Oh, I'm blind then.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Boomstick Quaid posted:

What if buffclown Popplio is real too? :ohdear:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
There's no way they're gunna name anything Robinroot. I can't accept that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

robinroot may be a combination of robin, robin hood, bin, in, root, shoot, or hoot - bulbapedia

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Ehhh. I can see the starters having two separate forms, but four really seems like overkill.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dexie posted:

Ehhh. I can see the starters having two separate forms, but four really seems like overkill.

Charizard has 3, so this is only the next logical step.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I'm sure they will, just like the dancing birds that were just revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

divergent evolutions is cool!!!

• Locked thread