Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tippis posted:

Don't know if it's necessarily the fastest, but this one posted a while back is pretty painless (and even semi-lucrative):

One change I've made to that method: I totally ditched picking up cargo deliveries and only grab data deliveries, and keep my cargo bay totally empty (jettison or sell anything you get as mission rewards). When I had like 15-20 cargo delivery missions to run between those two systems I was getting interdicted every 30 seconds. You can easily fill up your mission log with only data deliveries if you're hitting all three stops in Wu and the planet as well as the station in HIP, sometimes maybe swapping to solo/open real quick to refresh the board if your missions are low. If you've got nothing in cargo, your only interdictions are the very rare mission NPC or random rear end in a top hat. Not that interdictions are a real threat, but they slow the process down. Since this takes SO loving LONG, when I'm rep grinding all I care about is speed of the rep gain and not money or trade rank, and having the minimum amount of interdictions is the main way I've found to keep things moving. Rep rewards for cargo or data deliveries on these one hop jobs seem to be the same. And as a side effect, you can use a small cheap fast ship if you like instead of needing to be fitted for cargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

StarkRavingMad posted:

One change I've made to that method: I totally ditched picking up cargo deliveries and only grab data deliveries, and keep my cargo bay totally empty (jettison or sell anything you get as mission rewards). When I had like 15-20 cargo delivery missions to run between those two systems I was getting interdicted every 30 seconds. You can easily fill up your mission log with only data deliveries if you're hitting all three stops in Wu and the planet as well as the station in HIP, sometimes maybe swapping to solo/open real quick to refresh the board if your missions are low. If you've got nothing in cargo, your only interdictions are the very rare mission NPC or random rear end in a top hat. Not that interdictions are a real threat, but they slow the process down. Since this takes SO loving LONG, when I'm rep grinding all I care about is speed of the rep gain and not money or trade rank, and having the minimum amount of interdictions is the main way I've found to keep things moving. Rep rewards for cargo or data deliveries on these one hop jobs seem to be the same. And as a side effect, you can use a small cheap fast ship if you like instead of needing to be fitted for cargo.

This is true and good advice.

I did pick more than just the data deliveries, but that was because I used the opportunity to grind mission-only materials and commodities for various Engineer upgrades. I don't know if it's actually weighted that way or if it was just the roll of the die in my case, but it seemed like the cargo missions had a higher tendency to offer interesting material rewards.

If nothing else, seeing the Direct message from some NPC coming to interdict you while going between the HIP station and planet was always fun, because it invariably ended in the poor sod faceplanting right into the planet. Not even the AI is immune to :frontear:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

Something like this but for the Feds would be amazing.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I got a lucky roll on a grade 4 FSD that made it better than a 5, so there's that option if you've got extra mats. Nothing says you have to apply it, I usually apply the first mod on a new component, then reroll until everything is better than current. Can eat up a few dozen tries, but I've found it tends to max things out pretty quickly.

Speaking of lucky rolls, I gave my Asp (the ship I'm using to collect mats and unlock engineers) a mediocre FSD 4 range increase at the beginning, but when I later rolled some left-over grade 3s at Martuuk's to push her over level 5, I actually got suddenly 3 ly more range then from the FSD 4-roll. Surprised the hell out of me. :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dante80 posted:

There is another option.

Buy the T.16000m joystick alone, and if you like the game down the line add the FCS throttle to it. It will be sold separately.

I've had my eye on this joystick for a while. I appreciate that it's ambidextrous, among other features. No idea where I'm gonna put it on my cramped-rear end desk, though :v:

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

MoraleHazard posted:

Wow, that's impressive. Did you have an AMFU?

Also, I'm really getting the spacemad bug. I think it's time to head to Sag A*. I'm going to run a an Asp fit by the goon hivemind on discord when I get around to it.

Also, I've been doing the mission grind in my asp, because it makes a good hauler / smuggler. I haven't tried any combat missions in it though.

Haha, no! I was thinking "I'll save mass if I don't take one, better gas mileage, I'm a safe pilot!"

I did not realize AFMU are massless.

:saddowns:

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Libluini posted:

Something for explorers:

Has someone of us here tried exploring the Formadine Rift?

Apparently Frontier has hidden something there for us to find.

Consider it case closed. I found the secret this morning.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Natsuumi posted:

I'm pretty sure I read the xkcd "what if"-article on this place

e: found it

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 7, 2016

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Im still getting out turned by condas in my FDL. Maybe i need to try speeding past them as soon as they start FAoffing me into their sights. No idea why i cant just stay on their tails like i used to though

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Slashrat posted:

I'm pretty sure I read the xkcd "what if"-article on this place

e: found it

Just in case no-one's getting the direct reference (which would have been me about 2 weeks ago):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Natsuumi posted:

:stare: OK, just in case: I'm not getting trolled here, right? This place is really there and not just expertly photoshopped into the screenshot?

If it's there I'm putting it on my list of places I want to visit.

And in other news, I'm (nearly) finished with my min-max plan for making my Imperial Cutter ready for deep space. Unlocking the engineers I needed and collecting all the mats took almost two weeks, though. The CG to help out Jaques' station is over already by now. Yeah, that's right even getting close to my starting point took long enough the CG I wanted to help out with is already finished. Thank you, RNG! :suicide:

But anyway, this just means my new 31 ly / jump Imperial Cutter won't be slowed down by me carrying lots of cargo so I've decided the news isn't all bad.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay so maybe this game is better now

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Libluini posted:

:stare: OK, just in case: I'm not getting trolled here, right? This place is really there and not just expertly photoshopped into the screenshot?

If it's there I'm putting it on my list of places I want to visit.

I didn't think my photoshoping was that good :cheeky:

(no, it's not real)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

gently caress, I wanted to land there and get ground beef in my tires.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Natsuumi posted:

I didn't think my photoshoping was that good :cheeky:

(no, it's not real)

Hot drat, I really fell for that.

I probably shouldn't have looked at that picture on my bad monitor at work. :)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
74g eh

Where's the your mom jokes

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Bought and installed Horizons over the weekend because I hadn't touched this game since before Powerplay.

I forgot how user-unfriendly this game was! Had to hit up google about 300 times to figure out how to access the new stuff, and even after researching I still don't really understand:

- powerplay
- crafting materials
- what to do with these "engineers" in my ship gui
- what turrets and data points on planets do
- what to do on planets at all except drive around for fun (which is cool!)

Is there a good guide somewhere? All the Wikis I find via google don't seem to cover horizons stuff at all.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Polo-Rican posted:

Bought and installed Horizons over the weekend because I hadn't touched this game since before Powerplay.

I forgot how user-unfriendly this game was! Had to hit up google about 300 times to figure out how to access the new stuff, and even after researching I still don't really understand:

- powerplay
- crafting materials
- what to do with these "engineers" in my ship gui
- what turrets and data points on planets do
- what to do on planets at all except drive around for fun (which is cool!)

Is there a good guide somewhere? All the Wikis I find via google don't seem to cover horizons stuff at all.

Powerplay: is a mess and mostly a huge money sink, but mostly works like it's supposed to now that the BGS is worth a drat. Basically you perform various tasks to get Powerplay bonds, that you turn in for merits. The merits decay every week, and if your merits after decay are at certain thresholds, you hold ranks that determine your salary and whether you have access to special benefits or equipment. Arissa Lavigny-Duval is generally regarded as one of the better Powers to work with. You can get bonds for shooting down ships in Federal Power Control systems, like, a lot of bonds, and she gives you bonuses to the amount you get paid for bounties once you rank up a bit. Her special equipment is the Imperial Hammer, a railgun shotgun :black101:

Crafting materials you will just find/be rewarded with over time. You can mine them out of rocks on planets, which is tedious, but adds up over time. You can also pick them up while mining asteroids. Blowing up ships usually yields materials you can scoop up. Scanning ships and wakes also sometimes gives you materials in the form of data. There are some things you can craft yourself from the inventory menu, such as ammo refills, SRV fuel, FSD boosts, and so on. These are all one-time use consumables.

Engineers: You travel to their base and give them materials in exchange for special custom upgrades on your ship modules. As of a couple weeks ago, their "prices" got a lot lower. I went from not being able to get a level 1 FSD range upgrade to being able to get up to level 2. You get access to higher level upgrades by buying upgrades or otherwise interacting with the engineer base via trade or exploration data. Sometimes you will discover a new engineer by achieving certain activity thresholds, such as pilot federation ranks, or lifetime bounties collected, and so on.

Turrets are just an enemy type. There are two types: big ones that will shoot your ship if you try to do a bombing run in it, and little ones that will shoot at your SRV if you get close and personal. Data points come in a couple different varieties. One is a standalone thing that gives you like intelligence data you can turn in for money like a bounty, the other is like a race minigame where it starts a countdown timer, and you have to scan the other data points in the base or an alarm goes off. You scan using your SRV turret. I don't remember the default binding, I have it on LB on my gamepad.

Planets: drive around for fun, mine materials out of rocks. Learn to read the little radar scanner to head toward sites of interest, which typically have some skimmer drones and loose cargo. Occasionally you find crashed ships and you can get some materials out of the cargo racks. You'll find a lot of occupied escape pods, which you can "sell" for a reward. Or I guess actually sell if you're in Empire space. If you're in the air, stay above 2km and zoom your radar all the way out. You'll see big blue circles, which indicate there's a site of interest in them. Sometimes you can see it from the air, sometimes it's too small and you have to drive to it.

Some of the new planetary salvage missions are kinda fun. As you approach the planet, a new surface-level USS, essentially will appear. Its position will shift around as you get closer to it, until it finally zeros in on where your salvage is. Then you usually have to shoot down a couple skimmers.

Watch out if you're on a planet in a system where you're wanted. Sometimes space cops will warp in and spot you, and then you'll have a bad time because your SRV is made of tinfoil.

edit: Oh yeah, there's a bunch of new types of USS in space, and you can get an idea of what's probably there by scanning them before you go in, including an estimated threat level. You can find salvage a lot of the time, as well as materials, and sometimes there's like probes and computers and stuff you can scan to get data materials.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 8, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Speaking of planets, I've had to learn to cut my throttle during Glide mode in my Asp Explorer. If I try to go in hot like I used to in the Imperial Courier, I end up bouncing off the ground at like 200 m/s even on microgravity worlds :downs:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

deadly_pudding posted:

: long response :

Thanks - This helps a lot! I had no idea you could / should attack outposts on planets... earlier versions of the game basically taught you that attacking bases is a bad idea.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Polo-Rican posted:

Thanks - This helps a lot! I had no idea you could / should attack outposts on planets... earlier versions of the game basically taught you that attacking bases is a bad idea.

There are two different types of bases on planets, differentiated by the icon you see for them. The larger ones that look like a little tower on the map are like space stations, that you can dock at and go into the Station Menu and stuff. Don't attack them; they are friend, not food.

The smaller bases, however, are basically in the game for you to attack. They have generators to blow up, skimmer drones, turrets, and so on. You will often receive missions to go to a nearby base and blow up a generator, and these often pay a comically high amount of money. I got like 1.5 million credits for blowing up a single generator with my ship railgun; I didn't even have to go out in my SRV.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

Speaking of planets, I've had to learn to cut my throttle during Glide mode in my Asp Explorer. If I try to go in hot like I used to in the Imperial Courier, I end up bouncing off the ground at like 200 m/s even on microgravity worlds :downs:

If you want to slow down in a hurry amd you're in an Asp, either boost and turn to point the nose of your ship upwards, or put 4 pips in SYS and just let your shields eat the impact.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Met posted:

What's the fastest way to grind empire rank these days? A lot of guides I find seem out of date with 2.1

I was grinding missions is Stu (Shu?) Babassi. There's a system next door ~10ly for data delivery and cargo runs about 100ly for ~2-4M a run in an Asp.

However, I was grinding Fed rep and credits in Sothis / Ceos yesterday and got ganked for the first time by another player. Got jumped by a FDL in my lightly-shielded Asp-E and he just vaporized me. I forgot to FA off though; I wonder if that would've done anything. I have mines for PVE interdiction, but I figured they would've been worthless against another player so I just kept my hardpoints retracted in the hope to jump out.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

MoraleHazard posted:

I was grinding missions is Stu (Shu?) Babassi. There's a system next door ~10ly for data delivery and cargo runs about 100ly for ~2-4M a run in an Asp.

However, I was grinding Fed rep and credits in Sothis / Ceos yesterday and got ganked for the first time by another player. Got jumped by a FDL in my lightly-shielded Asp-E and he just vaporized me. I forgot to FA off though; I wonder if that would've done anything. I have mines for PVE interdiction, but I figured they would've been worthless against another player so I just kept my hardpoints retracted in the hope to jump out.

Shock mines seem to work well for this since they knock people off course a little.

Also, be sure to submit to interdictions: your FSD will charge up faster, then just low-wake out. If it was a CMDR who interdicted you, maybe high wake as well, if you are feeling paranoid!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

How do you take the base attack missions and do it without getting a wanted level
Do you attack the base solely in your ship or is it always a get out in your SRV thing?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blind Rasputin posted:

How do you take the base attack missions and do it without getting a wanted level
Do you attack the base solely in your ship or is it always a get out in your SRV thing?

Sometimes you don't. Much like any other "go kill somebody" type of mission, sometimes that's a crime in the system you're sent to. Typically "legitimate government" type of contacts will send you after criminal factions, which is safe, but sometimes they send you after rival governments. The mafiosos will send you after whoever pretty indiscriminately.

You have to keep an eye on who runs the system. I'm also pretty sure I've seen it where the planet has a different ruling faction from the rest of the system, so you may only be wanted on the planet surface.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

deadly_pudding posted:

Sometimes you don't. Much like any other "go kill somebody" type of mission, sometimes that's a crime in the system you're sent to. Typically "legitimate government" type of contacts will send you after criminal factions, which is safe, but sometimes they send you after rival governments. The mafiosos will send you after whoever pretty indiscriminately.

You have to keep an eye on who runs the system. I'm also pretty sure I've seen it where the planet has a different ruling faction from the rest of the system, so you may only be wanted on the planet surface.

This is correct: If the controlling faction of a planet is not the same as the controlling faction of the system, then you're only "wanted" when you're in that factions jurisdiction. The second you leave the planet, you're no longer "wanted". However, you DO still get a bounty, and it will still spawn bounty hunters to go after you while it's active.

Edit: The funny thing about the bounty hunters is if you're not wanted, and they shoot you, THEY get a bounty and the cops will poo poo all over them while ignoring you. They also have a tendency to kill themselves by trying to attack you near stations, which is just a terrible idea. For them.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

That's funny, I was doing the same (fed missions to get to petty officer) in my Asp Explorer at Ceos and got blasted for the first time by a player (150 hours of gameplay) as well. Was it CMDR N1nja(something)? I came out of supercruise and boosted 375m/s toward the mailslot and 10 seconds later "under attack, shield breach attack, thrusters offline" wait what is happening? I was dead in 5 seconds. It made me thing, "drat I need to get on those engineer upgraded weapons on my Vulture!"

Which brings me here. When doing an overcharged multi-cannon, the bonuses are "rate of fire", "damage", and "damage per second". If the third is literally defined by multiplying the first two... how can it be upgraded independently? Is it trying to say "reload speed"? That's the only value that would change the damage per second independent of the ROF and damage.

EDIT: I'm going to boil you up!

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 9, 2016

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Only five more Imperial ranks 'til I step aboard my very own Cutter!

somebody pleeeeease kill meeeeee

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rank progression has really slowed down. I feel like it took 6 hours of play to go from halfway through Knight to Lord (a mere 50% of rank)

I just need one more rank but it looks like it's going to be a LONG road. and that's just for the Clipper. :gonk:

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Anyone else getting npcs in RESs that won't shoot back? About 2/3s of the bounties I got this evening didn't fire a shot.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

CapnBry posted:

Which brings me here. When doing an overcharged multi-cannon, the bonuses are "rate of fire", "damage", and "damage per second". If the third is literally defined by multiplying the first two... how can it be upgraded independently? Is it trying to say "reload speed"? That's the only value that would change the damage per second independent of the ROF and damage.
It can't. It just shows it as a convenience for people who can't do math. Reload speed is a separate stat.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I get that sometimes with pythons and clippers. I think it's happening because I'm too close to them for them to trigger. Clippers are the best because in a vulture you can be right in front of them and oriented the right way none of their weapons can hit you due to gimbal limits.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Tell you what, it's useful for practicing staying on their tails. Managed to keep away from the front of a trigger-shy python for a while there. Shame it would have hosed me up with turrets all the same if it had been shooting.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I was about to ask why the thread has gotten so quiet, and then I realized: all of the Star Shitizens have hosed off to NMS! :byewhore:

So, for all of my talk about switching to an Asp and how great bigger fuel scoops are, I've finally decided that my Bananaboat is my Serenity: she may not do things well but she sure as hell does them for me. I've also pimped it out to a 44ly jump range using lightweight mods on pretty much anything that will take one (and rerolling a few dozen times to get them on the ones that don't) and a grade 4 FSD upgrade. Currently grinding out the mats for the rank 5 now that I've given up on refining 500t of ore for Selene Jean...dumb strumpet can't even put a weight-savings mod on lightweight armor...

BULLSHIT, SELENE!!!! TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!!11

:sigh:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
lol its actually NMS that made me think of this game again. I haven't played since the introduction of PowerPlay and have slowly been itching to get back into it as my go to Zen Zooming Around In Space game. There is one super important question I have though : can you now customise your ship UI color from inside the game?!?!??!

Other than that, I'm waiting for Horizon to be completely fleshed out. How is it so far? Early reviews gave me the impressions that all planets are a different shade of brown with small hilly variations in terrain with seldom outstanding terrain feature. Is that still a thing? Also it seems you can now hire Engineers to craft stuff for you? Is that so you can gather ressources and bring it to them or?

edit: one last question. Are proper Guild/Factions systems implemented yet? I don't think it'll ever be the case but I might have missed some news.

Popoto fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 10, 2016

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

1) There is one super important question I have though : can you now customise your ship UI color from inside the game?!?!??!

2) Other than that, I'm waiting for Horizon to be completely fleshed out. How is it so far? Early reviews gave me the impressions that all planets are a different shade of brown with small hilly variations in terrain with seldom outstanding terrain feature. Is that still a thing?

3) Also it seems you can now hire Engineers to craft stuff for you? Is that so you can gather ressources and bring it to them or?

4) edit: one last question. Are proper Guild/Factions systems implemented yet? I don't think it'll ever be the case but I might have missed some news.

1) lol nope

2) planets can be different colors, and there's fair variation in terrain. one planet was recently discovered to have a mountain so high that you can ramp your buggy off it into orbit. still nothing to do on them but driving around and occasionally mining a randomly spawned resource rock, tho

3) you gather materials (most of which can only be gotten some specific way, ranging from "blow up a specific ship type" to "mining" to "scanning wakes with a wake scanner") according to the desired recipe, bring it to them, and they soup up some specific ship parts

4) lol nope

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

StarMinstrel posted:

lol its actually NMS that made me think of this game again. I haven't played since the introduction of PowerPlay and have slowly been itching to get back into it as my go to Zen Zooming Around In Space game. There is one super important question I have though : can you now customise your ship UI color from inside the game?!?!??!

Other than that, I'm waiting for Horizon to be completely fleshed out. How is it so far? Early reviews gave me the impressions that all planets are a different shade of brown with small hilly variations in terrain with seldom outstanding terrain feature. Is that still a thing? Also it seems you can now hire Engineers to craft stuff for you? Is that so you can gather ressources and bring it to them or?

edit: one last question. Are proper Guild/Factions systems implemented yet? I don't think it'll ever be the case but I might have missed some news.

Lol no. But if you change your UI colours, people's portraits will show up with very odd skin tones. :v:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How is combat logging still a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hey, so I've had this game since last October, and I just got horizons recently. Landing on planets is sorta neat I guess. Sucks how limited the ones I can land on are... but I'm in a Viper MKIII and only begrudgingly gave up my Eagle as I do want to actually be able to kill bigger and better things now that the AI is capable of cheating its way to a fair fight.

I don't play a lot, mostly because I'm not used to games that go "here's a ship, here'es the entire loving milky way galaxy simulated for your pleasure", and I really don't know what to do. I can kill things. The few times I go online I can even kill people! but I have no idea what to do.

Right now I've mostly just resolved to get Sol access as a goal, but I have a friend who is strongly encouraging me to say gently caress That poo poo, leave the 'bubble' and roam the cosmos endlessly putting my nasty stamp on stars and naming piss-worlds after people.

I like combat but seriously, what the gently caress do I do? Is there a faster way to get better combat gear than slowly trolling for bounties supplemented by the occasional mission (when they're available?)

• Locked thread