Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dragon/steel? :holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

less laughter posted:

Charizard has 3, so this is only the next logical step.

Megas aren't formes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Super No Vacancy posted:

divergent evolutions is cool!!!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sockser posted:

Dragon/steel? :holymoley:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Fiddlobb sounds like a fiddler crab version of Clauncher and I can't be mad about that at all.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Interestingly, the Dark/Electric line has the traditional Pseudo-Legendary slot in that dex. It'd be nice if they mixed it up again since they really haven't experimented with non-Dragon Pseudo-Legendaries since Gen II/III.

Not sure if its real or fake tbh, but goddamn are some of those names awful.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I can make my Litten into THE UNDERTAKER??

Finally, Blaine's gym will be corrected and TM28 WILL be Tombstoner at last.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If that list is legit is it possible for Magearna to be the only event mon this gen?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Electric Phantasm posted:

If that list is legit is it possible for Magearna to be the only event mon this gen?

No they'll just add the other mythicals in later via update patches, to avoid another fiasco like in gen VI when all three were datamined years before GF wanted to reveal them.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

space dinosaur :krad:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Ice/bug cocoon form is Parka+cocoon for Parkoon. Amazing

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TWIST FIST posted:

space dinosaur :krad:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Zore posted:

Interestingly, the Dark/Electric line has the traditional Pseudo-Legendary slot in that dex. It'd be nice if they mixed it up again since they really haven't experimented with non-Dragon Pseudo-Legendaries since Gen II/III.

Not sure if its real or fake tbh, but goddamn are some of those names awful.

I'm 100% sure that it's fake but I don't really care either way since the game is still a few months off.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Chibs posted:

edit: I had a brain fart. Okay yeah it's just a 80% change for females and 20% chance for males to pass abilities down. :eng99:

Wrong.

The breakdown is this:

60% same ability—1, 2, or hidden—as species-determining parent (the mother, unless you're breeding with a Ditto)
20% ability 1
20% ability 2 (which might be the same as ability 1)

The father has nothing to do with it.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Zoran posted:

Wrong.

The breakdown is this:

60% same ability as species-determining parent (the mother, unless you're breeding with a Ditto)
20% ability 1
20% ability 2 (which might be the same as ability 1)

The father has nothing to do with it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding#Inheriting_Abilities

I forgot to say hidden

"Before Generation VI, it was not possible for male or genderless Pokémon to pass down their Ability in any way. Starting in Generation VI, however, if these Pokémon have their Hidden Ability and are bred with Ditto, they have a 20% chance to pass it down to their offspring. Ditto's Ability is always irrelevant to inheritance. "

loving sorry i should have just said use loving google

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

No bug dragon. The leak is fake.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Chibs posted:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding#Inheriting_Abilities

I forgot to say hidden

"Before Generation VI, it was not possible for male or genderless Pokémon to pass down their Ability in any way. Starting in Generation VI, however, if these Pokémon have their Hidden Ability and are bred with Ditto, they have a 20% chance to pass it down to their offspring. Ditto's Ability is always irrelevant to inheritance. "

loving sorry i should have just said use loving google

Huh. I had no idea they changed the weightings in BW2 when not breeding with a Ditto.

And I misunderstood your comment; I thought you meant when you bred male x female that the male can pass his hidden ability, which is not true.

I'd be really interested to find out where they pulled the 20% number for inheriting a hidden ability from a male x Ditto. I've hatched hundreds of eggs that way and my success rate at getting hidden abilities was much higher than that, from what I remember.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

No bug dragon. The leak is fake.

primal yanmega will be powerful my friend

you just have to believe

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Grass/Electric is far and away the best typing for Robinroot there. It has one less weakness than neutral Grass and no 4x weaknesses. For Beltigre all of the types are more less alright depending on what you're going for. For Sirene Water/Fairy is the absolute best, followed by monotype Water.

What if your team needs an EQ resist/immunity

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zoran posted:

I'd be really interested to find out where they pulled the 20% number for inheriting a hidden ability from a male x Ditto. I've hatched hundreds of eggs that way and my success rate at getting hidden abilities was much higher than that, from what I remember.

Might be confirmation bias.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
i hope all the leaks and official info are wrong and every mon is fire/fighting

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

less laughter posted:

Probable. What I'm more interested in is how they actually confirmed the number, because I didn't think anyone had datamined that sort of behind-the-scenes calculation in Gen 6 yet.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

less laughter posted:

i remember starting with an HA male it definitely seemed the inheritance rate on the ability seemed worse than females, though i don't think it was as low as 20%

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Normal/Ice cat explodes upon being looked at

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Zoran posted:

Probable. What I'm more interested in is how they actually confirmed the number, because I didn't think anyone had datamined that sort of behind-the-scenes calculation in Gen 6 yet.

The release of Pokemon actually spurred all the 3DS hacking and stuff, as is the norm. As before XY came out there weren't many games that had such a large fanbase that would mine the numbers.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Can't they just make like a nonlegendary monotype flying that's just like a cloud or something? It's been twenty loving years

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the cloud hardcores are fed up

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Don't really believe that leak just cause another said Marshadow would have a "unique" typing. Dark/fire is hardly unique.

I was thinking something more like Normal/Ghost, which would be unique and also really weird.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Can't they just make like a nonlegendary monotype flying that's just like a cloud or something? It's been twenty loving years

Castform is the cloud pokemon though.

I always found it weird how useless it is too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is weird how all of the trash birds are normal/flying and not just flying alone

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think the biggest reason I won't believe that list is because it only has 1 mythic pokemon in magearta or whatever and you just know there will be two or three more useless pokemon at they end that they'll give out on gamestop to tie into a bad movie.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The argument people have made is that event pokemon won't be in the dex until they're patched in.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

sarmhan posted:

The argument people have made is that event pokemon won't be in the dex until they're patched in.

I don't think Gamefreak would do that. They didn't patch in new megas to XY.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Whatever happened to that rumor about the unused type headers on the Sun/Moon site? The one that suggested Litten would become fire/ground?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I don't think Gamefreak would do that. They didn't patch in new megas to XY.
I think there's a pretty fundamental difference between the two scenarios though. Committing yourself to adding megas to an previous game vs adding a couple of event pokemon to your current game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

sarmhan posted:

I think there's a pretty fundamental difference between the two scenarios though. Committing yourself to adding megas to an previous game vs adding a couple of event pokemon to your current game.

I think that assuming that GF is going to patch in new Pokemon because of datamining is just a case of people trying to rationalize why this leak that they like is total definitely really 4 sure real, and isn't based on any actual facts or behavior by GF in the past.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

It's a bit strange that this leak doesn't include anything on Alolan forms.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
is honedge disgustingly loving strong in the grossest way or is it me

nothing works against the invincible ghost sword and holy poo poo the damage

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Aegislash is ubers so yeah

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tired Moritz posted:

doesn't sound like much of a problem imo

I'm gonna put on my ecologist hat for a second here.

Feral cats are indeed a big problem for a lot of reasons, but especially on islands. Cats breed like crazy and they're very clever. They kill large numbers of birds and small mammals each year. Now, feral cats are an especially large problem on islands because often the native animals evolved with no, or very few, natural predators. Or different kinds of predators. The birds on the Hawaiian islands have no clue how to deal with predators like cats. Add to this the fact that Hawaii is home to many species of birds that are found nowhere else in the world... and you get a recipe for extinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Cats are assholes that sometimes just kill for the hell of it so they can very easily cause all kinds of problems.

• Locked thread