Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

EmmyOk posted:

FightPass won't be showing any main cards online regardless of location anymore which loving sucks. PPV going up 48 hours after airing instead of 30 days from now on though.

Im literally never going to buy a PPV again lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
does that apply to all territories because if so i'll resubscribe

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is there a fightpass thread? I am watching BIsping Kang and I want to make a big shrimpin joke.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember to get your Goonweight picks in.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3782093&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post462811986

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

does that apply to all territories because if so i'll resubscribe

It's not clear, some people saying they didn't get the email. BT Sport deal so it could just be a UK & Ireland thing.

The Sphinxster posted:

Does anyone actually hate/dislike McGregor? I'm not a fan of his proclamations but I do enjoy his face punching.

Is there a UFC Nate doll with real give-a-poo poo action yet?

I'm a big Conor fan but it drives me up the wall that he says "KO'd unconscious" instead of "KO'd"

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

The worst thing going about BT sport is how if you watch them on the website they always have the knockout shot, or sometimes the end of fight hand raise as the image for the video. So its literally impossible to not spoil the fight before you see it, even if you manage to ignore the news banners everywhere that also spoil the fights.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
I got the email in England. Based on the title it is only a uk thing. Honestly it sounds pretty alright. I'll take being able to watch fights monday night instead of staying up until 6am. It's not as though MMA is so mainstream that it is impossible to escape the results. Just need to avoid this subforum for a day.

I could never buy the PPVs on fightpass anyway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's likely a licensing deal with BT sport that they have exclusive UFC main event access in England and Ireland.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Use a VPN from a different country to buy it then disable it and watch.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Yes buying a thai ppv with a north american credit card is the one weird trick that WME-IMG hates

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I'm a big Conor fan but it drives me up the wall that he says "KO'd unconscious" instead of "KO'd"

But you are on board with playing touch butt in the park with a dork?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sharzak posted:

Im literally never going to buy a PPV again lmao
That's not a bad deal though I dunno if I still have my Pride-era internet discipline. Plus I have usenet access and the stamina to stay up to 3AM if it was really a money issue.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
god drat it, hassy

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
That's weird even for hass

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
How often do the UFC announce cuts? Just ad-hoc as they're decided or do they have two or three big culls per year?

What I'm getting around to is that surely after Artem Lobov loses again at 202, surely, surely they drop him. No matter who he's friends with.

Surely.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Memento posted:

How often do the UFC announce cuts? Just ad-hoc as they're decided or do they have two or three big culls per year?

What I'm getting around to is that surely after Artem Lobov loses again at 202, surely, surely they drop him. No matter who he's friends with.

Surely.

There's no particular timings to it from the best of my knowledge. The size of the roster and the amount of events they do these days means it's just a periodic thing to announce cuts.

Also, I have a free BT Sport app User/Pass if anyone is interested. I already subscribe through SKY but my phone carrier has just signed a deal with them so are offering free use of the app.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don't see them keeping Artem around if he loses to Avila.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The Conor/WWE twitter feud is incredible. The sub-tweets are out of this world. Can't wait for Conor to make is debut

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
there's a lot going on here but does woodley really think he was the first person to ko koscheck

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/7/12347478/tyron-woodley-says-he-didnt-have-the-financial-incentive-to-heavily

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Get outta here Woodley, noone loves you and your kid eats spiders.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Woodley sucks, let GSP style on him and then have GSP fight Wonderboy for the belt. Woodley will no longer be champ and Wonderboy gets to fight a much more high profile opponent for the belt.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/762184752996634624
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/762348547148840960

why is this happening

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Conor knows his audience?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I'm going to guess that money is involved, somehow.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Trast posted:

Conor knows his audience?

i meant what was the origin of it, but i found the thing about him saying something at a press conference. i am now seeing that tons of wrestlers came out and went "diaz beat the poo poo out of you and is gonna beat the poo poo out of you again" so i'm pleased.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Drink it in, maaaaaaannnnnnnn.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Jon Jones has been removed from the UFC rankings, so guessing his suspension will be announced soon.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Lloyd Boner posted:

Jon Jones has been removed from the UFC rankings, so guessing his suspension will be announced soon.

:snoop:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lloyd Boner posted:

I wonder what new and interesting way he'll be "reborn" this time. We've had Good Christian Jon Jones, "got a lot of soul searching to do" Jones, powerlifter Jones, who can say what will be next.

Hopefully we just get Gone Jones.

Edit: Brock's gone as well.

Memento fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 8, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

One of the few rules of thumb in pro wrestling: If you ever wonder if the beef between two guys is a work, check if there's ever been any money made/to be made off it.

.: This is a work

e: also their entire roster includes Brock Lesnar lol

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Conor McGregor would easily beat Brock Lesnar, didn't you see him style on that actor? He's the greatest fighter in the history of the world, even though I had no idea who he or any other MMA fighter was nine months ago.

I really can't wait until the next really popular fighter comes along and drives tons of hilarious first time posts.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Lloyd Boner posted:

I wonder what kind of crazy hijinx he will get into now that he has no financial incentive to be in the gym all the time. I imagine he'll have a lot of free time. It's gonna be a good two years.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I wonder what kind of crazy hijinx he will get into now that he has no financial incentive to be in the gym all the time. I imagine he'll have a lot of free time. It's gonna be a good two years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAXPUN2z2CE

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

hopefully he'll return and be able to dunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FLPugqrWvM

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
oh hey chris jericho is still alive

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Jon Jones will join his brothers in the NFL and get horrifically injured.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

K8.0 posted:

Conor McGregor would easily beat Brock Lesnar, didn't you see him style on that actor?

Mr. Mountain wasn't taking that seriously; he knew Conor had a fight coming up.

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/the-mountain-game-of-thrones-conor-mcgregor-punches-012616

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Thanks for clearing that up, I thought they were actually fighting.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Say Nothing posted:

Mr. Mountain wasn't taking that seriously; he knew Conor had a fight coming up.

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/the-mountain-game-of-thrones-conor-mcgregor-punches-012616

lmfao thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought they were actually fighting.

• Locked thread