Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

ohrwurm posted:

Jolly holiday isn't giving me credit for kills but it is happy to take 2% away on deaths :cool:

Pretty sure you need to get streaks to see a real difference. Keep TLW unequipped until super/heavy, equip TLW, go ham, and then unequip again when you're back to neutral game. Finished that quest in two games this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real pros completed Jolly Holiday with nothing but a sparrow between their legs.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Ledhed posted:

Pretty sure you need to get streaks to see a real difference. Keep TLW unequipped until super/heavy, equip TLW, go ham, and then unequip again when you're back to neutral game. Finished that quest in two games this way.

Already finished it, ignore previous complaining

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things
I love mid-air slam collisions
http://i.imgur.com/TW33dmm.gifv

cross map sleeper shots
http://i.imgur.com/ivxo8Q2.gifv

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
How are my legendary marks best spent?

They top out so quickly and I've just been buying engrams with them hoping for the best.

Any better use?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

huh posted:

How are my legendary marks best spent?

They top out so quickly and I've just been buying engrams with them hoping for the best.

Any better use?

Buy any vendor stuff you want, then mats if you need them, then engrams

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Rahool is a Long Far Gone dispensary, but yeah theres really nothing else to spend that poo poo on

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

we need gambling along the lines of diablo 2, 10-15 legendary marks with a rotating stock of archetypes

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Also increase the variety of vendor stock to more than one every update. Options are always better.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Also increase the variety of vendor stock to more than one every update. Options are always better.

Bungie has gotten better about vendor weapons being the best rolls for a particular gun, so rotating too fast might actually limit people's options.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

xzzy posted:

Bungie has gotten better about vendor weapons being the best rolls for a particular gun, so rotating too fast might actually limit people's options.

Oh sure. I actually was thinking of more armors with different stats and reload speeds.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
It's pretty rare for a vendor roll to be good anyways so I see your point, but man being stuck with the same options for months is makes things pretty stale too. I know that The Gunsmith is a way to try and avert this but Eirene is no 1ks yard stare.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Of course now I remember I was wanted to pick up a gunsmith order yesterday :suicide:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ElNarez posted:

I started Destiny in Y2, so my memory of the Khvostov is "man that gun is a piece of poo poo and auto rifles are totally not my thing". How do people develop such deep feelings for that gun in particular?

I kept one for the same reason I kept the strangers rifle. I (as were a lot of people) expected it to be similar to necrocasm in that you had to convert the strangers rifle to NTTE.

God I was so hyped up about that gun. I was convinced it would become my favorite gun. Why the hell is it not Arc again? Makes 0 zero with Zhalo around.

Anyhow, I think that rep gain should be tied to drop % like you see in MMOs with mastery points and poo poo (every 10 vanguard ranks = +2% magic find in strikes etc).

Welp seeya

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The Meat Dimension posted:

It's pretty rare for a vendor roll to be good anyways so I see your point, but man being stuck with the same options for months is makes things pretty stale too. I know that The Gunsmith is a way to try and avert this but Eirene is no 1ks yard stare.

They should refresh quarterly. Can't be too hard, after all it's not like you're adding even more content!!!!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
e: ^^ lol ^^

NTTE is my go to gun for CoE, I can't be bothered to reload while doing boss DPS

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

bushwookie19 posted:

You haven't lived until you've used it in trials.

https://imgur.com/rh4uyhf

http://i.imgur.com/A6hhIs5.gifv

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just finished my first HM Oryx. I really hope there's a lot less flawless synchronized swimming nonsense in the new raid. They haven't outdone VoG yet.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Roman posted:

Just finished my first HM Oryx. I really hope there's a lot less flawless synchronized swimming nonsense in the new raid. They haven't outdone VoG yet.

Hopefully it isn't as buggy either, we were making mistakes but some of those wipes were the game loving up. I got killed twice after we killed the shade it spawned me and another player in the spot and killed me. Also finally got the HM helmet and the shader

edit: and the 16 orb denotation round always feels like a crapshoot to me.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 7, 2016

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Roman posted:

Communication and execution are important for effectively doing something as a team. A raid that's nothing but shoot boss in the critoris for 5 minutes would be dumb and gay

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Just popping back into this to get warmed up for ROI.....what's the best approach for getting my 300 light scrub up to scratch? I quit just before they released HM Kings Fall.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bubbapook posted:

Just popping back into this to get warmed up for ROI.....what's the best approach for getting my 300 light scrub up to scratch? I quit just before they released HM Kings Fall.

There's a big chart someone will post but basically play PoE/CoE. You can get up to 330 or so without having to schedule a teamup with anyone, it's still the route to 335 though.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 7, 2016

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

bubbapook posted:

There's a chart for this, but just play the game. Engrams decrypt higher than your light level, endgame stuff drops 320 or better on hard, doing hm raid challenges is a guaranteed 335 drop in addition to your regular drop plus a 335 artifact

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

bubbapook posted:

Strikes and bounties. Rank up faction/vanguard/crucible/cryptarch/HOJ will give you up to 330 gear. Always have highest possible equipped light when turning in engrams or ranking up anything. Do Iron Banner if it comes back before ROI, I'm not sure if it does or not but IB got me up in level the quickest out of all these. Also shaxxfall packages will come in up to 335, do those if you've finished the quest. Also you can farm exotic engrams with three of coins, those always decrypt a bit higher than your current level.

E: there's also Kings fall normal or hard but there aren't nearly as many groups here running that anymore.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

BiohazrD posted:

Communication and execution are important for effectively doing something as a team. A raid that's nothing but shoot boss in the critoris for 5 minutes would be dumb and gay

I think most people just want more dynamic, hectic movement. Coordination is good but I want to be running around coordinating targets, not executing a routine so we can go back to the place we started and do another round of DPS on the same crit spot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If you got too many marks and space bucks you should be buying weapons parts and materials. Store motes like a hoarder and buy heavy ammo synths and 3ocs from squid face.

Unless you don't have all the good roll vendor weapons in which case buy them and stash em in your vault.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I have to retire from control. Since I'm over 1500 elo on guardian.gg Bungie thinks I'm a God and after one win I get repeatedly put in games where we get destroyed. Last one was 20k-6k

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah im gonna play more rift and try to find some solid partners for 3s when its the daily.

Im in a similar boat for control and clash.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

If you got too many marks and space bucks you should be buying weapons parts and materials. Store motes like a hoarder and buy heavy ammo synths and 3ocs from squid face.

Unless you don't have all the good roll vendor weapons in which case buy them and stash em in your vault.

To add to this a bit, I've been doing a bit of hoarding myself in preparation for ROI. If you're like me and you've killed Draksis ten million times, then you have a poo poo ton of house banners and ether seeds. Turn the banners into glimmer and buy weapon parts, which are the most efficient consumable to use towards faction rep. A little math shows 1250 glimmer worth of weapon parts, 1900 worth in heavy synths and 2000 in special synths will each net you the same 50 rep. Turn the ether seeds into heavy synths with Variks and there's a bunch more rep. This is not even to mention the vault full of engrams I have ready to turn into cryptarch rep/packages.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Yeah im gonna play more rift and try to find some solid partners for 3s when its the daily.

Im in a similar boat for control and clash.

I'm up for 3s, sjackson12 on psn just send a message.

In other news, this is from rift. SBMM.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Can you feel the rage?

http://i.imgur.com/hjiOZGY.gifv

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
All I'm seeing is you firing a shot into the ground while you take your sniper rifle out.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

actionjackson posted:

I have to retire from control. Since I'm over 1500 elo on guardian.gg Bungie thinks I'm a God and after one win I get repeatedly put in games where we get destroyed. Last one was 20k-6k

Is it doable or viable to destroy your ELO by losing in the crucible? Like, suiciding yourself over and over by feeding people in rumble.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Jesus christ

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Is it doable or viable to destroy your ELO by losing in the crucible? Like, suiciding yourself over and over by feeding people in rumble.

it's probably super slow because at this point most people have played enough games that bungie isn't going to give you very much uncertainty in their matchmaking, even when i go on huge loss tears the players i'm playing against don't tend to get much worse.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I'm up for 3s, sjackson12 on psn just send a message.

In other news, this is from rift. SBMM.jpg

I'll make sure you're on my list. Im lways down for pvp.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'd feel bad for this guy dying to a disgusting snipe but their 3rd dropped because of of lag even Destiny couldn't handle.
http://i.imgur.com/UqgnHf9.gifv

that's not a knife. THIS is a knife
http://i.imgur.com/7t41FvF.gifv

dusted off the Her Benevolence. LV10 (oh my god this scope is so loving slow), perf bonus, Agility, Hidden Hand. kinda meh, too lazy to reroll. still a monster.
http://i.imgur.com/uchMIok.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/pq5R9Yu.gifv

destiny dot gif
http://i.imgur.com/6wnCjEL.gifv

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things

Dopants posted:

All I'm seeing is you firing a shot into the ground while you take your sniper rifle out.

trip mine, kill notification. player immediately left. use your eyes

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
finish up the last round on a trials match. easily win by wiping the last two with a GG. fire the final GG into the kid's ghost, jazz hands him. 10 minutes later he sends me this.

careful everyone, jazz hands is SUPER offensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Maker Of Shoes posted:

finish up the last round on a trials match. easily win by wiping the last two with a GG. fire the final GG into the kid's ghost, jazz hands him. 10 minutes later he sends me this.

careful everyone, jazz hands is SUPER offensive

drat. He was so close to saying "gg" though

• Locked thread