Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blind Sally posted:

Canadian Geese and swans seem to be sworn enemies...

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

I am having a problem with the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" concept here.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

syscall girl posted:

I am having a problem with the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" concept here.

If both of them are your enemy, you just wait until one wins and then finish them off.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Blind Sally posted:

Geese are considered a pest, and are almost impossible to get rid of once they decide they like your pond or whatever. There is only one guaranteed way to clear them out, and thats a swan. Swans will gently caress geese up, and iirc hunt their nests down and destroy those.

Fuckin total bird war, man!! :black101:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Looking forward to the new Total War RTS game.

Play both sides of the battle.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

Geese are considered a pest, and are almost impossible to get rid of once they decide they like your pond or whatever. There is only one guaranteed way to clear them out, and thats a swan. Swans will gently caress geese up, and iirc hunt their nests down and destroy those.

Fuckin total bird war, man!! :black101:

Somebody should make a game about all these upset fowl.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We get breeding geese at work by the dozens and it's like entering a war zone. My weapons of choice are a bright green umbrella and the bag of cash I have as my float as I walk to my venue. I have been attacked and chased many times, even on my bike.

I love seeing customers get chased when they try and go pet the things because they think "zoo = petting zoo" instead of "wild animals use this space too and you gonna get hosed up".

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bird ops 2
Fowl Combat
Super Smash Birds
Peckdemic
Quackmand and Conquor
Warquackft
Duck Nukem
Team Nest 2
Heroes of Flight and Magic
Fowl of Duty

And so on.

Content:

Ducks are weird

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Did you know a man is strong enough to break the arm of a swan?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

A ducks penis can break a mans sternum.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Who What Now posted:

Just kick the drat thing.

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Are Goose Attacks Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Goose Like Nigga Close Your Door Haha

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Are Goose Attacks Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Goose Like Nigga Close Your Door Haha

Lomarf

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

New Eraserhead reboot looking good

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Pretty mild, but I got probated for an 8-bit butt in a bikini bottom the other day....

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/SM1pPFJ.jpg :nws:

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Aug 8, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lemon posted:

A ducks penis can break a mans sternum.

Or his heart

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Jastiger?

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Aug 8, 2016

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Beaten like a redheaded stepchild.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013
Anyone who's scared of geeses or swans is pathetic. I put my face near a swan deliberately and let it peck me twice on the nose and I wasn't even scratched.
And if you get drowned by a swan, well, I don't know what to say.
Pathetic.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Placid Marmot posted:

Anyone who's scared of geeses or swans is pathetic. I put my face near a swan deliberately and let it peck me twice on the nose and I wasn't even scratched.
Pathetic.

Are you a swan that learned how to type?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Placid Marmot posted:

Pathetic.

I too am too fat to be drowned by a swan.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
As a proud Canadian that has had to kick a few geese, kicking works perfectly fine.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Of all the predictable derails on these forums, the "I could kick a goose's rear end" derail is one of the weirdest.

Every. Single. Time.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ishamael posted:

Of all the predictable derails on these forums, the "I could kick a goose's rear end" derail is one of the weirdest.

Every. Single. Time.

At least one has been settled:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

So that's why Carrot Top decided to get swole

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MizPiz posted:

At least one has been settled:

But what about sit-wipe vs stand-wipe?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Bullshit. This has to be a made up debate, like wadding v folding.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Over. Sit. Sorted.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

citybeatnik posted:

Bullshit. This has to be a made up debate, like wadding v folding.

The few informal polls done on the subject show that both sides are almost equal, with sitting nudging out standing by a very small margin.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Why would you stand up with a shiity b-hole?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'll take a goose fight if I have a sword.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

w00tmonger posted:

Why would you stand up with a shiity b-hole?

Why would you wipe sitting down and risk brushing your hand against your own steaming load?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Prodigious stool volume havers itt

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Nuebot posted:

Are you a swan that learned how to type?

It doesn't take long to pick up hunt and peck.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wait, people in this day and age still smear feces around their nether regions with paper? Install a bidet, you savages.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Blind Sally posted:

Whoever wins we lose

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

plain blue jacket posted:

Whoever wins we lose

They will cross breed and produce the most hateful avian to exist on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

For a while my way to work led through a park that had huge flocks of breeding greylag geese. Being familiar with internet stories, it was a bit unnerving, but they never paid any attention to anyone as far as I noticed. Maybe greylags are just generally more chill.

Once, though, in another city, I spotted some kid trying to feed a breeding pair, stretching his hand out over the fence as far as he could, completely oblivious to both adults stretching their necks towards him and hissing as loud as they could. I wish I'd stopped to see how that went down.

Goose story #3: saw two girls lying in the grass and a canada goose slowly circling them, getting closer each turn. Came back the same way five minutes later, the girls were gone, the goose sat in their exact spot. Later, when I saw the missing persons flyers, I

• Locked thread