Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

Yeah I'm dunking on it but its take on 19th century Victorian class politics/American racism

Not to diminish your point but I feel it's worth noting that by the time Queen Victoria ascended the throne slavery was already abolished in the United Kingdom. Not to say racism wasn't prevalent but that slavery was a pre-Victorian barbarism compared to the child labour and general shittiness of worker conditions in the Victorian era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
"Victorian" as a sensibility wasn't restricted to Britain.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Not to diminish your point but I feel it's worth noting that by the time Queen Victoria ascended the throne slavery was already abolished in the United Kingdom. Not to say racism wasn't prevalent but that slavery was a pre-Victorian barbarism compared to the child labour and general shittiness of worker conditions in the Victorian era.
Well also to be fair Fink didn't use slavery. He had a company town that recreated the practical effects of slavery under the guise of capitalism. So it's absolutely Victorian.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GunnerJ posted:

Yeah I'm dunking on it but its take on 19th century Victorian class politics/American racism and nationalism was pretty well done, not deep or anything but they magnified it just enough that it wasn't quite over-the-top enough to not be uncomfortable while still being entertaining in a "what the actual gently caress" way. It lost me when it simultaneously ~both sides'd~ it up and starting going down the multiple universe rabbit hole.

After listening to the dollop and reading a ton of period writing, Columbia comes off as not that far off.

GunnerJ posted:

FWIW, I don't think anyone's attributing anything to "malice" with these political readings, malice isn't required to present a lovely political worldview. Personally I figured the Vox stuff is the result of speed-reading the Cliff's Notes for A Tale of Two Cities for a hasty reference on "how to write revolution story."

This. If they had kept that one e3 vertical slice in the game( the one with the vox) it might have worked better. Instead they only show up for a second in the middle and kinda just appear late in the game. In the original concept they more neutral to the player and you had to make a choice to set them off. That and it actually showed them wrecking poo poo.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Well also to be fair Fink didn't use slavery. He had a company town that recreated the practical effects of slavery under the guise of capitalism. So it's absolutely Victorian.

He is basically every robber baron ever especially Pullman

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

GunnerJ posted:

"Victorian" as a sensibility wasn't restricted to Britain.

True but generally people attribute Victorian age as starting with her reign...

I think

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

True but generally people attribute Victorian age as starting with her reign...

I think

It's pretty much gilded age stuff. Which covers most of her reign. Gilded age is probably more appropriate for outside uk

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Islam truly is misogynist because it treats women differently from the traditional White way of treating women

Your Nazism is too hardcore. Asian treatment of women, traditional Asian treatment of women before Americans cucked it (which happened during the 1920s, before Jews), before Progressivism cucked it as thoroughly as it cucked the West[1], was superior to traditional White treatment of women. Norms of patriarchy vary from race to race, and the Western conception of patriarchy is very mild relative to all other races, and indeed culminates in vagina privilege.

If your system was so great, you wouldn’t have first wave Feminism. Your system became, at least in theory, diametrically opposed to any sane definition of “great” decades before the mass Jewing, and not due to “Cuckstianity” either, because non-White Christians did not suffer such a fate until quite recently. Ergo problem is with White attitude, not with Christian attitude.

Absent an open violent exterminationist global race war against the White race, there’s no explaining why Whites — who control basically every continent, and have colonized/inhabited the American continent, the European continent, and the Australian continent with utmost efficiency — are only 10% of world population, and will decline yet further if trends don’t reverse. Well there is an explanation actually, which is cucked attitude toward women. Thus, instead of solid patriarchy and 8 or at least 5 kids on average, you nut inside sterile condoms or pill-induced sterile gfs, and also you are forever subservient to bossy manjawed butch dykes dressed in suits who saunter hither and thither with inflated chests supervising if not dictating every policy in your organization. Which is first wave feminism in a (pardon the pun) nut-shell.

Please, let me hear you whine about how “the friend of the familys have too many children” as if Whites couldn’t have even more children than friend of the familys do if only Whites weren’t so endemically cucked about the female problem. All while there are a billion chinks and a billion bindis and all they had to do was not fall into vagina privilege. Of course the chinks and bindis today fail to reproduce because of the Cathedral/Progressivism and also NOWAG is involved, but my point is that Oriental treatment of women is superior to the Occidental one, hence patriarchy was destroyed in the West before it was destroyed everywhere else, and it’s not the Jews who declared women equal (superior!) to men back in the day, nor is it really the “christcucks”.

You said that infanticide is patriarchal in essence. Bullshit. Infanticide is a sign that patriarchy failed miserably, that patriarchy is weak, that patriarchy is not working as it should. Had it not been weak and failing, had it been working as it should, the situations which call for infanticide wouldn’t occur in the first. Infanticide is a sign women are not under control. Had women been under control, you wouldn’t find a legitimate reason to engage in mass infanticide. From here it logically follows that the Occident did not have enough patriarchy, that patriarchy in the West was relatively mild and weak throughout history, thus it eventually broke and the White race broke with it.

One can argue that policy-wise Hitler did nothing wrong (“how do you do, fellow Nazis?”) but on a personal level he failed to impregnate Eva, and at the end of the day, passing one’s genes in good condition is what’s life’s all about. Genghis Khan, in contrast, won life’s lottery. So what I’m saying is that cucky attitude toward women makes one a genetic dead-end, and on the civilization level, leads to a racial dead-end, or “autogenocide”. You exhibit the cucky attitude which lead to the White race’s original downfall. Meanwhile mideasterners outbreed whites, and isn’t that a shame?

If your treatment of women is essentially cucky, and you can’t bypass your inner cuckiness, then you deserve being reduced to a minority in your own country. Which happens to Whites both with and without scholarly advice from a (((panel of experts))) as regards the fight against white male privilege, a fight which proceeds apace even as vagina privilege intensifies irl. There probably wouldn’t even be much of a mud/kike problem had the female problem been properly dealt with.

If you don’t see infanticide as a dire symptom of collapsing patriarchy, it’s because you don’t want to see it. Infanticide has been going and prevalent for a very long time, therefore, patriarchy has been too weak and too soft for a very long time; effective patriarchy equals eradication of infanticide, because infanticide is not just entirely unnecessary under patriarchy, but also very counterproductive to male/family/clan interests, therefore, occidental patriarchy was ineffective, not nearly harsh enough, resulting in mass infanticide and relatively low birthrates, with infanticide and plummeting birthrates both exponentially increasing in severity the more modernity allows you to bask in your cucky treatment of women.

[1]In his book about Bushido, Inazo Nitobe wrote in chapter 14: “Hence, until the influence of its [Bushido’s] precepts is entirely done away with, our society will not realise the view rashly expressed by an American exponent of woman’s rights, who exclaimed, “May all the daughters of Japan rise in revolt against ancient customs!” Can such a revolt succeed? Will it improve the female status? Will the rights they gain by such a summary process repay the loss of that sweetness of disposition, that gentleness of manner, which are their present heritage? Was not the loss of domesticity on the part of Roman matrons followed by moral corruption too gross to mention? Can the American reformer assure us that a revolt of our daughters is the true course for their historical development to take? These are grave questions.” – this was written in the year 1900, and look how prophetic.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

:psyduck:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nessus posted:

Ohio's full of Hitlers. There was a Dr. Gay Hitler giving dental treatment during the War.

That said there's a story about a man going into a recruiting office and saying "How do you do; the name's Hitler" and getting a firm handshake with an answer of, "Glad to meet you; I'm Hess."

That was Hitler's actual nephew, William Patrick Hitler.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Your Nazism is too hardcore. Asian treatment of women, traditional Asian treatment of women before Americans cucked it (which happened during the 1920s, before Jews), before Progressivism cucked it as thoroughly as it cucked the West[1], was superior to traditional White treatment of women. Norms of patriarchy vary from race to race, and the Western conception of patriarchy is very mild relative to all other races, and indeed culminates in vagina privilege.

If your system was so great, you wouldn’t have first wave Feminism. Your system became, at least in theory, diametrically opposed to any sane definition of “great” decades before the mass Jewing, and not due to “Cuckstianity” either, because non-White Christians did not suffer such a fate until quite recently. Ergo problem is with White attitude, not with Christian attitude.

Absent an open violent exterminationist global race war against the White race, there’s no explaining why Whites — who control basically every continent, and have colonized/inhabited the American continent, the European continent, and the Australian continent with utmost efficiency — are only 10% of world population, and will decline yet further if trends don’t reverse. Well there is an explanation actually, which is cucked attitude toward women. Thus, instead of solid patriarchy and 8 or at least 5 kids on average, you nut inside sterile condoms or pill-induced sterile gfs, and also you are forever subservient to bossy manjawed butch dykes dressed in suits who saunter hither and thither with inflated chests supervising if not dictating every policy in your organization. Which is first wave feminism in a (pardon the pun) nut-shell.

Please, let me hear you whine about how “the friend of the familys have too many children” as if Whites couldn’t have even more children than friend of the familys do if only Whites weren’t so endemically cucked about the female problem. All while there are a billion chinks and a billion bindis and all they had to do was not fall into vagina privilege. Of course the chinks and bindis today fail to reproduce because of the Cathedral/Progressivism and also NOWAG is involved, but my point is that Oriental treatment of women is superior to the Occidental one, hence patriarchy was destroyed in the West before it was destroyed everywhere else, and it’s not the Jews who declared women equal (superior!) to men back in the day, nor is it really the “christcucks”.

You said that infanticide is patriarchal in essence. Bullshit. Infanticide is a sign that patriarchy failed miserably, that patriarchy is weak, that patriarchy is not working as it should. Had it not been weak and failing, had it been working as it should, the situations which call for infanticide wouldn’t occur in the first. Infanticide is a sign women are not under control. Had women been under control, you wouldn’t find a legitimate reason to engage in mass infanticide. From here it logically follows that the Occident did not have enough patriarchy, that patriarchy in the West was relatively mild and weak throughout history, thus it eventually broke and the White race broke with it.

One can argue that policy-wise Hitler did nothing wrong (“how do you do, fellow Nazis?”) but on a personal level he failed to impregnate Eva, and at the end of the day, passing one’s genes in good condition is what’s life’s all about. Genghis Khan, in contrast, won life’s lottery. So what I’m saying is that cucky attitude toward women makes one a genetic dead-end, and on the civilization level, leads to a racial dead-end, or “autogenocide”. You exhibit the cucky attitude which lead to the White race’s original downfall. Meanwhile mideasterners outbreed whites, and isn’t that a shame?

If your treatment of women is essentially cucky, and you can’t bypass your inner cuckiness, then you deserve being reduced to a minority in your own country. Which happens to Whites both with and without scholarly advice from a (((panel of experts))) as regards the fight against white male privilege, a fight which proceeds apace even as vagina privilege intensifies irl. There probably wouldn’t even be much of a mud/kike problem had the female problem been properly dealt with.

If you don’t see infanticide as a dire symptom of collapsing patriarchy, it’s because you don’t want to see it. Infanticide has been going and prevalent for a very long time, therefore, patriarchy has been too weak and too soft for a very long time; effective patriarchy equals eradication of infanticide, because infanticide is not just entirely unnecessary under patriarchy, but also very counterproductive to male/family/clan interests, therefore, occidental patriarchy was ineffective, not nearly harsh enough, resulting in mass infanticide and relatively low birthrates, with infanticide and plummeting birthrates both exponentially increasing in severity the more modernity allows you to bask in your cucky treatment of women.

[1]In his book about Bushido, Inazo Nitobe wrote in chapter 14: “Hence, until the influence of its [Bushido’s] precepts is entirely done away with, our society will not realise the view rashly expressed by an American exponent of woman’s rights, who exclaimed, “May all the daughters of Japan rise in revolt against ancient customs!” Can such a revolt succeed? Will it improve the female status? Will the rights they gain by such a summary process repay the loss of that sweetness of disposition, that gentleness of manner, which are their present heritage? Was not the loss of domesticity on the part of Roman matrons followed by moral corruption too gross to mention? Can the American reformer assure us that a revolt of our daughters is the true course for their historical development to take? These are grave questions.” – this was written in the year 1900, and look how prophetic.

What.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Baron Corbyn posted:

That was Hitler's actual nephew, William Patrick Hitler.
That man was a hero because he tried to hustle Hitler. If only he'd hustled harder and really hosed up the war effort!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
http://annsterzinger.com/devil-two-for-president-if-you-really-must/

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Never would have figured Haku Zynkyoku would have a hard-on over Genghis Khan.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

poptart_fairy posted:

Levine got high on his own farts and just tried to tackle subjects he wasn't able to write with the sort of nuance they needed. Attribute to stupidity what isn't malice, etc etc

Oh hey, check it out! We got an alt-right dude in the thread again.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Oh hey, check it out! We got an alt-right dude in the thread again.

Are you going off their redtext or something, because "Ken Levine is dumber than he thinks he is" is a pretty uncontroversial statement

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Are you going off their redtext or something, because "Ken Levine is dumber than he thinks he is" is a pretty uncontroversial statement

You don't remember poptarts_"actually, gamergate and anti-gamergate are the same thing/the problem with videogames these days is SJWs"_fairy do you

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Poptarts is dumb, Levine is dumb, I'm hella dumb, life isn't worth living.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Lady Naga posted:

Poptarts is dumb, Levine is dumb, I'm hella dumb, life isn't worth living.

Time to sell your blood to Peter Thiel, I guess?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Antivehicular posted:

I will take my blood and most of my vital organs with me to the grave.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Where does the thiel blood meme come from?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Dude wants your blood

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Like a few pages ago before this thread became 90% people talking about how bad Infinite is.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

I have to admit I played Bioshock Infinite without reading any of the criticism at large (since I tend to ignore prior criticism if I feel like playing a game) but I'm genuinely confused at the idea that Booker was a conflicted protagonist. He struck me as a two-dimensional character at best, a blatant wish-fulfilment 'tough guy who's a softy at heart' self-insert. His black-and-white thinking didn't come across as asking us to distance ourselves from him but for us to agree with him. I mean if you think I'm mis-remembering feel free to say so and I'll replay but I don't recall this meta-portrayal of him as anything but trying to rehabilitate a cardboard cut-out character.

I think a lot of Booker's "depth" was assumed because hey the Bioshock guy is writing again and the world is fleshed out and there's overt racist imagery being lampooned so man this guy is a master of satire and depth.

But that happens with a lot of videogames; someone's name gets attached and all sorts of stuff is attributed to regardless of whether or not it's really there. We're just eager to see something that's genuinely intelligent for a change, even if we have to really loving stretch for it. Look at any discussion of Spec Ops: The Line. :v:

Small Frozen Thing posted:

You don't remember poptarts_"actually, gamergate and anti-gamergate are the same thing/the problem with videogames these days is SJWs"_fairy do you

Not even I remember posting that, my friend.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I'm not saying that the politics in Infinite were handled well, mind you. I'm just always wary of attributing a character's motivations and readings to the author. Especially when it's a fuckin' jaded asshat like Booker. Otherwise you quickly end up playing the role of a concerned parents group denouncing Harry Potter because of a speech Voldemort gives.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

poptart_fairy posted:

Not even I remember posting that, my friend.

The exact opposite is also being said, though? SA is apparently switching sides every five minutes. Both sides are dumb; they're hardly unified hive minds.

GG is dumb. Anti-GG is dumb. Both sides are idiots on social media. I'm really not seeing what's so objectionable about that.

Somfin posted:

I'm not saying that the politics in Infinite were handled well, mind you. I'm just always wary of attributing a character's motivations and readings to the author. Especially when it's a fuckin' jaded asshat like Booker. Otherwise you quickly end up playing the role of a concerned parents group denouncing Harry Potter because of a speech Voldemort gives.

Chinese were too civilized for too long. I don’t think it was sexual selection. Rather, the nail that stands up gets hammered down.

Chinese are the least sexually dimorphic of all the races. Thus their women are more logical and rational, and their men less aggressive. Emancipation damages Chinese women less that other races, because they often have some capacity to make choices in their rational self interest, have substantially more agency than women of other races.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
My read on Booker has nothing to do with whether or not I like Ken Levine, I liked his previous work and came into Infinite with high expectations. I'm all for death of the author but there is a point where the authorial impression on the mechanics does inform the work and with elements such as the "be racist/don't be racist" binary karma choices that play out literally, literally exactly the same and inform absolutely nothing combined with the confusing and unnecessary time travel element I am extremely skeptical of any readings that portray the game as being any deeper than the confused mess it appears to be on the surface. There is absolutely nothing to give the impression that there's a hidden depth to Booker I'm just not seeing considering every action and line of dialogue he delivers is excruciatingly earnest. You can't even say that the twist that Booker is in fact the same as the villain is some moral the game's trying to impart about how much Booker actually sucks since it takes great pains to point out that Comstock is just an alternate reality Booker and that he's a complete and honest separate entity from the one we play as.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The only blood I'll ever draw is two things, Red Cross, and satanic rituals so my waifu the Centipede Empress can dominate the world. He doesn't look like the charity type, nor is he Mai waifu, therefore he ain't getting none of my universal donor blood.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lady Naga posted:

You can't even say that the twist that Booker is in fact the same as the villain is some moral the game's trying to impart about how much Booker actually sucks since it takes great pains to point out that Comstock is just an alternate reality Booker and that he's a complete and honest separate entity from the one we play as.

Burial at Sea did kinda gently caress up my reading of things, I'll grant you that.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Lady Naga posted:

My read on Booker has nothing to do with whether or not I like Ken Levine, I liked his previous work and came into Infinite with high expectations. I'm all for death of the author but there is a point where the authorial impression on the mechanics does inform the work and with elements such as the "be racist/don't be racist" binary karma choices that play out literally, literally exactly the same and inform absolutely nothing combined with the confusing and unnecessary time travel element I am extremely skeptical of any readings that portray the game as being any deeper than the confused mess it appears to be on the surface. There is absolutely nothing to give the impression that there's a hidden depth to Booker I'm just not seeing considering every action and line of dialogue he delivers is excruciatingly earnest. You can't even say that the twist that Booker is in fact the same as the villain is some moral the game's trying to impart about how much Booker actually sucks since it takes great pains to point out that Comstock is just an alternate reality Booker and that he's a complete and honest separate entity from the one we play as.

There are 3 baneful tumors threatening to send the West into its grave:

1) internal weakness aka cuckiness aka progressive liberalism in its various manifestations.

Death from within.

2) international Jewry. On the “ascending the tower” podcast they even admitted that the Cathedral has two main branches, Puritan and Jewish, and these Chomsky, Alinsky, and Lenin fellas are as much Puritans as they are extraterrestrials descendent from the flying saucer that hovers above my roof fortnightly.

Death from (((within))).

3) rising tide of third world diarrhea, or: Afro-Islamic onslaught against the West. Peak danger coincides with peak presence in Western lands; given Western military superiority, the friend of the familys and sandfriend of the familys — the former btw destined to metastasize into 4 billion malignant cells sometime in the foreseeable future — shouldn’t pose much of a threat if all of them are banished forever from the West.

Death from without.

Defenders of the West wish to do away with all 3 tumors, to be liberated from the domination, influence, and presence of cucks, kikes, and muds.

A digression about motives. This isn’t about stealing Jew stuff. Jealousy/covetousness is exactly the heritage of Jews, who use international communism and international capitalism to steal stuff from everyone else. Another jealous/covetous nation is the Chinese, known as “the Jews of Asia”, who are both communist and capitalist at once.

Both Jews and Chinese are covetous in real life, and as national collectives too. Kakuzo remarked ever so astutely: “The tiniest incidents of daily routine are as much a commentary of racial ideals as the highest flight of philosophy or poetry.” This is literally the truest sentence I’ve ever heard since I was a 5.5 month old fetus and my active brain connected to my ears. And what sort of “incidents” does one experience at the hands of everyday ordinary Jews? Kikery.

It is kikery first and foremost which leads to antisemitism. Most people don’t know who KMac is and did not read his website; it’s the behavior of Jews on the street, in the store, in the office, and at parties that compels the Goyim to fantasize about firing up the ovens.

Anyway, defeating progressivism by converting to Islam is like an AIDS human being drinking cyanide with his Truvada. Let’s say internal weakness opened the inlet for the (((parasite))) to enter, and the parasite brought with it a deadly disease. Well in that case, though the deadly disease is “a symptom of a symptom”, dying of it is hardly an improvement over the state of slow expiration from weakness, isn’t it?

It’s not merely an “undesirable but ineluctable” solution, but constitutes *the* undesirable outcome everyone sane would want to prevent. It is therefore imperative to figure out which force can heal the morbidity, disempower the parasite, and cleanse off the assorted accumulated sicknesses. These can be Christianity, or the alt-right religion of neo-Nazism.

If you gave up on Christianity, make a religion out of National Socialism. You may scoff and rejoin that Hitler’s dead and defeated. But as ridiculous as the notion of “Nazism as a literal religion” may sound to you, when the alternatives are poz, kikery, and oogah-boogah-boogah, is it really that bad?

Obviously, wouldn’t need to idolize Hitler if old-school Christianity showed signs of unwavering vitality, tenacity of survival and triumph in the face of determined adversity. Since in Western Europe it doesn’t show any such signs, the solution is 88. If you can’t have the cross, may as well take the swastika; but worship not the crescent.

In the US there are Mormons, Amish, and some Evangelicals who don’t need the swastika because the cross is still firmly in their midst. Ditto for Orthodoxy Christianity in Russia. But what are the French, Germans, British, and Scandinavians to do? What are White Americans who don’t belong to the 3 groups I mentioned above to do? If it’s not the cross, it must be the swastika.

Can Nazism become a religion? If the alt-right is serious, that should be its chief concern: proving that it can. As always with alt-right memes, it should begin as an edgy tongue-in-cheek trollish jest, bit by bit drilling the idea into people’s subconscious, attracting a critical mass of internet-popular proponents, and from that juncture onwards it may just evolve into the real deal if pushed by the right propagandists (meme magicians). If Christianity works not any longer, go full 1488. Religiously.

It’s not even a particularly arbitrary religion because the alt-right isn’t arbitrary, everything falls into its designated place here. Thought experiment or the glittering future? We shall see.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Can Nazism become a religion? If the alt-right is serious, that should be its chief concern: proving that it can. As always with alt-right memes, it should begin as an edgy tongue-in-cheek trollish jest, bit by bit drilling the idea into people’s subconscious, attracting a critical mass of internet-popular proponents, and from that juncture onwards it may just evolve into the real deal if pushed by the right propagandists (meme magicians). If Christianity works not any longer, go full 1488. Religiously.

It's nice to see them flat-out stating how ironic meme racism is just regular racism made more subconsciously palatable to 4channers

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also, mods?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

What I never get with these guys is, what the hell is this they're running into with Jewish people? Even Hitler just said he found Jewish people weird and alien when he ran into them. Are these guys hanging out in the glatt kosher restaurants in Manhattan and furiously transcribing down random conversations for later goyimalysis?

Like obviously black/Middle Eastern people look scary and different and are thus intimidating by mere existence if you are racist as hell, and women would do things like behave in ways which are not calculated to please the white man, but outside of bitcoin conventions you just don't get moneylending in the streets.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I frankly have no goddamn clue. But one thing that's fairly unique to anti-Semitism is that it takes the form of a conspiracy theory. Racism proposes that certain races are inferior, where anti-Semitism constructs a worldview in which Jews are extremely powerful.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

hi, long time listener first time caller, thanks for your good work

I don't get why anyone would play bioshock, or any video game, without mashing the button past the story as fast as possible. it's like turning off adblock so you can see youtube commercials, and then wanting to talk seriously about them. they're not real writers trying to give you a meaningful message, they're admen trying to sell you on a mediocre game you already bought by telling you what they think you want to hear so you go out and buy the sequel, of course it's gonna be a bunch of wack garbage. actual good games like r-type or daytona USA don't need that crap because they're already fun without it

I read the entire thread but that's the only thing I felt qualified to comment on, sorry. thanks for the daily neomonarfashactionlightenment gibberish, I feel like I'm on the cutting edge of what AM talk radio is gonna sound like in 10 years. this is like 0-day crazy

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

I frankly have no goddamn clue. But one thing that's fairly unique to anti-Semitism is that it takes the form of a conspiracy theory. Racism proposes that certain races are inferior, where anti-Semitism constructs a worldview in which Jews are extremely powerful.

And of course they're extremely powerful despite being inferior in the mind of the anti-Semite. In their own minds they basically seem to see themselves as black people under slavery to white people, but instead it's pasty white dudes in slavery to the insidious Jew.

It's interesting how you can make a sentence seem like three times more racist by saying 'a Jew' instead of 'a Jewish person.' For good reason, of course, but the previous paragraph's description doesn't become a more racist sentiment because of it or less racist without it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

d0s posted:

I don't get why anyone would play bioshock, or any video game, without mashing the button past the story as fast as possible. it's like turning off adblock so you can see youtube commercials, and then wanting to talk seriously about them. they're not real writers trying to give you a meaningful message, they're admen trying to sell you on a mediocre game you already bought by telling you what they think you want to hear so you go out and buy the sequel, of course it's gonna be a bunch of wack garbage. actual good games like r-type or daytona USA don't need that crap because they're already fun without it

I read the entire thread but that's the only thing I felt qualified to comment on, sorry. thanks for the daily neomonarfashactionlightenment gibberish, I feel like I'm on the cutting edge of what AM talk radio is gonna sound like in 10 years. this is like 0-day crazy

That's nice dear

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Wikkheiser posted:

Yeah it seems like the logical thing to do under these guys' worldview is to get on the kosher caravan to Jew Town ASAP and bring along your kin folk. I wonder if they ever get people trying to convert to get into the Grand Conspiracy.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Your Nazism is too hardcore. Asian treatment of women, traditional Asian treatment of women before Americans cucked it (which happened during the 1920s, before Jews), before Progressivism cucked it as thoroughly as it

You know, before I thought you'd made up that "Hitler failed to impregnate Eva" one.

Your quotes from these people make it absolutely clear that Poe's Law never applies. Even the made-up ones are probably true.

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

This woman went to the same grade school as me. I have her blocked on Facebook. This post does not surprise me.

some FUCKING LIAR has a new favorite as of 13:48 on Aug 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

d0s posted:

Bad.