Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

hahaha jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

hahaha jesus christ

dear jeff please make this your next album cover TIA

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

replace john with the koala

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

replace jeff with a koala with jeff's head, too

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hello we are jeff rosenstockoala

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
As far as new Aquabats go Radio Down has wormed its way into my heart with its subtle pop-culture references and gratuitous use of Biz Markie.

Unironic Ska Dad
Feb 17, 2010

Too fat to skank.
Has anyone seen the current Mephiskapheles line up? They're coming to Dallas May 15th to one of my favorite haunts (Three Links). I'm so loving psyched to see them. Just curious how they are now live.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Last time I saw them was 2014 at Throwdown and they ruled then

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Unironic Ska Dad posted:

Has anyone seen the current Mephiskapheles line up? They're coming to Dallas May 15th to one of my favorite haunts (Three Links). I'm so loving psyched to see them. Just curious how they are now live.

They opened for LTJ the other week in NYC. They were a lot of fun, but the first opener, so it was kinda subdued on the audience's part.

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS
Turns out Mephiskapheles is an opener for NOFX this week! I'm psyched to see them, although I'm curious how much of the punk crowd will dig them. It's weird, there's a ton of crossover between punk and ska, but also a divide. At least at live shows, most of the time people are cool with both, but sometimes they don't know how they should be dancing to one or the other.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ObsidianBeast posted:

Turns out Mephiskapheles is an opener for NOFX this week! I'm psyched to see them, although I'm curious how much of the punk crowd will dig them. It's weird, there's a ton of crossover between punk and ska, but also a divide. At least at live shows, most of the time people are cool with both, but sometimes they don't know how they should be dancing to one or the other.

seriously though how is fat mike not dead of a combination of alcohol poisoning, auto-erotic asphyxiation and snorting an unknown lime green powder someone gave him (this actually happened on film)

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Does anyone have a copy of those "cielito lindo" covers Jeff did? they seem to have disappeared...

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

And nothing of value was lost

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Fateo McMurray posted:

And nothing of value was lost

Uhhhh, actually the covers of Cielto Lindo have been lost. Keep up dude.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
Skappleton and Midwest Ska Fest, who is going?

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

Skappleton and Midwest Ska Fest, who is going?

What's the lineup like? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything specific about the lineup, let alone that it's actually happening, but maybe I missed something obvious.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

ObsidianBeast posted:

What's the lineup like? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything specific about the lineup, let alone that it's actually happening, but maybe I missed something obvious.

THE HUB CITY STOMPERS
Dan Potthast (OF MU330)
KEEP FLYING (formally Survay Says)
MAX AND THE INVADERS
RUN AND PUNCH
THE BISHOPS
4 ASPIRIN MORNING
BEAT THE SMART KIDS
BE LIKE MAX
THE HOLOPHONICS
FAIRHAVEN

Keep in mind it's the first year back after a long Hiatus, but it's a step in the right direction. Be Like Max and the Holophonics both being there make me very glad I backed the kickstarter.

Any of the Ska Goons wanna motorcycle/scooter there from the south?

EDIT:
Backing the Kickstarter got me a weekend pass, so I'll be down in Chicago for Midwest Ska Fest too...

SkaAndScreenplays fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 24, 2016

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I should be at Midwest Ska Fest. I'm also seeing Hepcat at Subterranean in Chicago on Friday. I thought about going to Reggaefest, which is Saturday, but I'm too old to do three shows in a row.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Apparently Sonic Boom Six have a new album out, The F-Bomb:

https://smile.amazon.com/F-Bomb-Son...ums-bar-strip-0

It's a double album with a second half that's all live, which I wish weren't there because I don't care about it and it raises the price, but hey. A version without the second half doesn't seem to exist. It looks like they also released a self-titled album in 2012, but as far as I can tell that got no US release, including Amazon MP3 and iTunes.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

guppy posted:

It's a double album with a second half that's all live, which I wish weren't there because I don't care about it and it raises the price, but hey. A version without the second half doesn't seem to exist. It looks like they also released a self-titled album in 2012, but as far as I can tell that got no US release, including Amazon MP3 and iTunes.

Thanks for the heads up. That last album was...a little underwhelming. One really good song though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnwt-Tvgwg8

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

guppy posted:

I think they probably were gonna charge that no matter what & the live album component is their way of softening the blow a bit.
Anyways I like the new album quite a bit "Drop The Bass (And Pick It Up)" is pretty funny

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
By some sheer stroke of luck, I'm going to be in anchorage for work the same time Toh Kay is going to be there. Please baby Jesus, don't make me have work that night.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Got to see Toh Kay and talk to him briefly outside the bathroom!

He wouldn't play Kristina, because he said his girlfriend would castrate him. Tickets were only 8 bucks too.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TLG James posted:

He wouldn't play Kristina, because he said his girlfriend would castrate him. Tickets were only 8 bucks too.

was he wearing the same shirt as always/did you ask him why he only owns one shirt

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

TLG James posted:

That seems a bit harsh for 10 year old song about a high-school crush.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Ska will NEVER die :)))))))) https://skanktralskahotel.bandcamp.com/releases

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

aricoarena posted:

That seems a bit harsh for 10 year old song about a high-school crush.

Even worse for a song that's almost 20 years old

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I just realized it's been ten goddamn years since Catch 22 released an album. Jesus. I’m also surprised it’s been four years since RBF released anything.

fake edit: surprised RBF hasn’t released an album of covers of their own songs, in the style of 80’s music.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Even worse for a song that's almost 20 years old

Oh poo poo you're right. It's 2016 not 2006, god im old.

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys

Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

oh my god this cover of Aeroplane

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit
Checking in to see if anyone went to any of the Chicago shows this past weekend? I saw Hepcat Friday night at Subterranean, Reggae Fest (Derrick Morgan and Toots, what!) Saturday, then Soul Radics at Beat Kitchen that same night, then Midwest Ska Fest at Double Door on Sunday. One of the best weekends I've ever had. To see Toots in person was like crossing off a bucket list item. He did not get to play 54-46, which I'm thinking was supposed to be the big closer, but the police shut all that poo poo down right at 9:45.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
Wanted to listen to some Unsteady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcx1cSiB56k
and youtube decides to pull out the hot Sacramento ska recommends with the Lesdystics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR6BecWrFXk its a good night over here

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
Also Pain never gets mentioned here. What up with that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyuJcmKSmEM

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I saw Matt Wixson this weekend and it was cool

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7MPzv78cWs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

perhaps this is not the jeff thread anymore since no one seems to care that he's got a new album coming out this fall

fateo has won

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Here's what I'm wondering, wasn't that song somewhere else? I swear I've heard it before but I can't find any evidence.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

fateo has won

:cool:

here have some good music
http://thepandemics.bandcamp.com/track/change-your-mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Teemu Pokemon posted:

perhaps this is not the jeff thread anymore since no one seems to care that he's got a new album coming out this fall

fateo has won
i don't have enough $$ to preorder :(