Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Otisburg posted:

The advice he's getting is on-point AF.

he wont listen to any of it prob ably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The only post in this thread he hasn't deleted is timestamped 38 minutes ago :eyepop: it's still happening

oddly enough the one post he did not choose to delete is the one that says "PLEASE. I DON'T WANT TO GO TO PRISON!"

e: Upvoted all posts :thumbsup:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Profondo Rosso posted:

how is it even possible to marry someone without them ever seeing your face naturally. do they like, never shower or sweat or go swimming or something
You get engaged to someone neurotic enough to micromanage her bathing to be without her makeup. This is a pretty bizarre "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you" thing no. How could anyone predict that response?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 8, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My aforementioned depression ex also did the never-let-anyone-ever-ever-see-you-sans-makeup thing

She also made a habit of photoshopping her Facebook profile pictures to look ugly on purpose, because then if some hypothetical Facebook person thought her picture was ugly she could say it was on purpose

What I'm getting at is that the poster's fiance is handling her anxiety poorly, but if they break up because of it it's probably for the best for him too

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

loquacius posted:

She also made a habit of photoshopping her Facebook profile pictures to look ugly on purpose, because then if some hypothetical Facebook person thought her picture was ugly she could say it was on purpose
I heard the story of a guy who changed his phone number so that he could pretend that this girl was, in fact, texting him, but not reaching him because he changed his number. Eventually he broke down and texted her from the new number, and then changed it again.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im not entirely sure this one isn't a troll

Friends of a friend[late 20s or early 30s F&M,just met them] have been nice enough to let me[21F] stay with them but they kind of weird me out. What can I do? I feel I'm being really judgy.

quote:

I lost my job, my boyfriend broke up with me and because of that I couldn't renew our lease so I was stuck without a place to go. A friend of mine told her friends and they offered me a room plus 3 meals a day for $100 a month. I found an overseas job that starts in March so I'm doing odd jobs till then.

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful but I think they're kind of weird. They live in an unincorporated suburb(pretty much a normal suburb but the county takes care of it instead of the city, less building/gardening restriction but smaller roads and no streetlights). They've turned they're back yard into a "food forest" there's tons of vegetables and fruit tree and berries and stuff.

The wife is always busy out there or in the kitchen, right now she's busy drying a bunch of food for winter, she also makes herbal teas which seems kind of unsafe to me
They both go to church on Sunday or sit and read the bible together if the weathers too bad. I grew up without religion and I don't know how to handle this.

What can I do to stop being so uncomfortable?

tl;dr: They're nice enough to let me stay for $100 a month until March but they're backyard is something called a food forest, the wife has a bunch of weird herbal remedies and they go to church every Sunday. I find it weird.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

whats fuckin weird is how are you getting a place to stay and 3 meals for 100$? Are you loving them? Where can I live that includes 3 daily meals in my rent?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rakovsky maybe posted:

Like does she live in SF? And he was trying to make travel plans that included stopping by and seeing her? That's the only way it even makes sense to be upset, not that it would be justified.
He's in his mid 20's and hasn't had any success with women. He prolly just has a huge complex about not getting any attention from girls and now even mundane stuff sets him off.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Some people decided to be extremely kind and charitable to me. The same slightly off the beaten path traits that let me freeload off them also cause them to be interested in and do things that most people don't do. What should I do reddit

Wonderful

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

If someone wants to give me a room and three meals a day for $100/month I'll look the other way for pretty much everything that's not "these people are literal serial killers"

edit: looking at it it just looks like she grew up in a really lovely situation and doesn't know how to deal with people who aren't horrible. She repeatedly mentions that her parents would regularly stay up till 2am partying and drinking when she was growing up and that her boyfriend was the same way. That's kinda :smith:

ranbo das fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 8, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

terrorist ambulance posted:

Some people decided to be extremely kind and charitable to me. The same slightly off the beaten path traits that let me freeload off them also cause them to be interested in and do things that most people don't do. What should I do reddit
I saw the title and thought it was going to be a sex thing 110% of the time. Threesome, "accidental" nudity, something along those lines. Nope. Just some plain old decent people who believe in silly things that have no impact on the guest and a tumblr freeloading.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

This place sounds rad as gently caress actually

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Solution: Move out and I will live there for one hundred (100) USD each month.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rap Music and Dope posted:

whats fuckin weird is how are you getting a place to stay and 3 meals for 100$? Are you loving them? Where can I live that includes 3 daily meals in my rent?

Where can I find a place where I'd 3 meals a day AND free sex with not one but two people for just 100$?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Jack Trades posted:

Where can I find a place where I'd 3 meals a day AND free sex with not one but two people for just 100$?

Jail, I think.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I got to the food forest part and I was like "that sounds pretty awesome and now I want to do that one day, I wonder what the problem is" and then I saw the part about how they're religious and I was like "oh. Reddit."

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I could understand if they're proper God botherers, that'd be weird for someone who hasn't been around religious people before but the way it's laid out, it sounds like she's more concerned about them growing berries in their backyard.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
you cant just make your own tea. what the gently caress. what if its poison? truly scary people

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

darkwasthenight posted:

Jail, I think.

Sign me up.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Danaru posted:

This place sounds rad as gently caress actually

I know a mom and son duo like this. Dude is like late 40s and a master gardener but he's all hosed up from being sliced open by an ex-girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. They own over ten rental properties, they charge all their tenants next to nothing probably because they collect disability checks. The guy has like a half acre edible garden with all sorts of crazy poo poo id never seen before like jack fruit and chocolate pudding fruit and a mango tree that he spliced and hybridized so it grows a different species of mango for each season, and they just spend all day gardening and helping out their tenants with anything they can while forcing exotic produce on them. It's actually really nice but I think they're weird too.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my favourite part is that she's literally scared of herbs

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Help I accidentally stumbled into Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and I am terrified" is the weirdest post I've seen in this thread yet.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
This one is amazing. Help, I'm living with self-actualized people instead of alcoholics, what do I do? They eat things that come from the ground instead of a grocery store and it seems unsafe.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

TastyAvocado posted:

This one is amazing. Help, I'm living with self-actualized people instead of alcoholics, what do I do? They eat things that come from the ground instead of a grocery store and it seems unsafe.

Considering her last guardians probably believed vodka is unsafe if you don't drink it all after opening it, I can kind of understand.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

An old woman [63F] is letting me[22F] and my brother [20M] live with her in a beautiful gingerbread mansion but I am getting nervous with the jokes she makes about eating us

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ranbo das posted:

That's kinda :smith:

Honestly, I’d say that a lot of these stories from this thread are pretty :smith: if you sit down and think about them. Like the girl whose fiance berated her for not wearing makeup - sure that’s weird and a little bizarre to think about, but in actuality he’s probably pretty abusive and a dickhead, and she’s probably had nothing but abusive assholes as exes (she does mention being insecure) and possibly abusive parents as well - and now she’s about to marry an abusive rear end, and apparently only has loving reddit as a figure she can confide in for personal advice.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

An old woman [63F] is letting me[22F] and my brother [20M] live with her in a beautiful gingerbread mansion but I am getting nervous with the jokes she makes about eating us

:sever: her head from her shoulders.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

Honestly, I’d say that a lot of these stories from this thread are pretty :smith: if you sit down and think about them. Like the girl whose fiance berated her for not wearing makeup - sure that’s weird and a little bizarre to think about, but in actuality he’s probably pretty abusive and a dickhead, and she’s probably had nothing but abusive assholes as exes (she does mention being insecure) and possibly abusive parents as well - and now she’s about to marry an abusive rear end, and apparently only has loving reddit as a figure she can confide in for personal advice.

All things considered, if you go to Reddit for relationship advice then your life is probably pretty :smith:.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/user/hazeringx

read through a few pages of this person's post history

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

-nevermind-

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The anonymous confessions thread, which I keep getting confused with this one, has been on a lot about cousinfucking lately

My [30M] girlfriend [29F] treats my cousin [23F] as "other women" because that's how it is in their culture.

quote:

My cousin and I run a nightclub. The club was started by our dads (brothers) and each of us started working here when we were 18. Since three years ago, my dad and uncle have both been retired and we run the place now.

My GF and I have been dating for a year. She's from a foreign country. Apparently in their culture, cousin relationships and marriages are very prevalent. That has made her more than a little uncomfortable with this situation. She thinks she can't shake it out of her mind that this is waiting for something to happen between us. To me this is incredibly absurd. She's not asking me to make a change but she has told me that she's uncomfortable 5 times now and she wraps it around things like "you two are spending time until late nights" but that's really just the nightclub business. Your working hours are late at night.

The last time she mentioned this I told her that I would have understood if this was a random girl who I was working closely with but it's not. But she thinks if it's not a sibling it should count as "other women". She says her own parents are cousins.

I don't know how to respond if (really when) she brings it up again.

tl;dr: Girlfriend is uncomfortable that I work with my cousin at our nightclub. She thinks she counts as "other women" because that's how it is in her culture and her parents are cousins

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I feel like it's too late. I wish I never even found that subreddit.

Before the incel forums. Women liked being around me. I actually had many female friends. However, I feel like that forum made me more bitter.

I miss the days when I was blindly incel. Whenever I thought it was still possible to get a woman, so I was always pleasant and at least had friends of the opposite sex. Now it's hard for me to make friends because I'm so bitter. I wish I didn't learn the bitter truth, but I have. Now it's too late. Death is the only option. I might even rob a bank or something else before I go out.

death is certain

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i hope that kid's parents find his reddit history and send him to a really high quality therapist

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Moridin920 posted:

death is certain

lol even gaining self-awareness can't save these guys

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

death is certain

At least he has the wherewithal to see that those communities are toxic and women are avoiding him now because of how he is behaving. There's some hope.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, front page of /r/r today is full of stories that seem like they could be good but end up being super long

This one was ok at least

My (24f) boyfriend (27m) is very caring and a great person but the sex is frustrating and I don't know what to do?

quote:

We've been together for just over a year.

When we met I had just come out of an abusive relationship and he was pretty much the opposite of my ex, extremely kind, thoughtful, and respectful. Right away we started spending a lot of time together but many months passed before he really started making moves sexually. And I was okay with that (even if it did kind of sometimes make me wonder if possibly he could be gay, or if he was a virgin). I mean, my sex drive probably is below average also, and especially at that point. But I do have a sex drive.

So anyway eventually there was some fumbling around it was clear that he was pretty noticeably below-averagely endowed. And that's fine, that genuinely did not bother me, and I didn't say anything. But eventually he did bring it up, and say how it was something he was really self conscious about. And for me it was actually a huge relief because it meant there was a lot better explanation for why it seemed like he was not that interested in sex than that he was gay. So I've always tried to do everything possible to reassure him.

But then on top of the size thing he would always cum very quickly (like sometimes even before being able to get in, and never lasting for more than like a minute). And that was actually kind of flattering and endearing at first. But as we've been doing it (or trying to do it) for over six months now and it does not seem like it is getting better at all, and overall probably getting worse (like sometimes now he will also have issues with not being able to get fully hard), it's starting to be really frustrating. And I've never blamed him or been negative or judgmental toward him about it, but at the same time it's something he also wants to try to improve, and he has tried a lot of different stuff, as far as different methods for learning to relax, and also talking to his doctor. But nothing has worked. He is also in pretty good shape, he exercises and has a good diet. He is not overweight or have diabetes or high blood pressure or anything like that. He has had his testosterone levels checked and apparently he is kind of toward the lower side for a guy his age but still normal according to his doctor and does not need (and the doctor would not give him) testosterone to be prescribed.

So yeah it's just really frustrating and I don't know what to do. And if it's something outside his control, like just biological thing for him like from not having that great of genetics, then I don't think I would ever really feel right dumping him over it.

tl;dr: Boyfriend is great in every other way but sex is really frustrating and I need advice.

Dude is in a bad self-confidence spiral if you ask me. He doesn't need hormone injections, he needs some goddamn therapy.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

Man, front page of /r/r today is full of stories that seem like they could be good but end up being super long

This one was ok at least

My (24f) boyfriend (27m) is very caring and a great person but the sex is frustrating and I don't know what to do?

Dude is in a bad self-confidence spiral if you ask me. He doesn't need hormone injections, he needs some goddamn therapy.

Dude needs to :gitgud: at oral sex, she won't even care about his premature thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
He just needs to learn how to give head and use some toys on her.

• Locked thread