Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jerkface posted:

But in the movie the room of army guys are also watching all this unfold/on the comms + all the navy seals and poo poo that arent suicide squaders are there, as well as transport helicopter people.

But do they see the Enchantress stuff specifically? I thought at that point they still thought they were targeting an unrelated metahuman? Scott Eastwood calls out Flagg for them being told it's a terrorist thing, and then later Deadshot uncovers the info about Enchantress going AWOL. Although come to think of it that is in the Helicopter, but it could still be Flagg's personal file. I'm still unclear if there's anyone besides Waller, Flagg, and the people she killed that know that Enchantress specifically flipped. She's definitely still hiding stuff from higher ups at the end of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
This is basically the film's plot progression IIRC let me know if it gets confusing

---> The first two scenes in the movie show Waller getting the go-ahead to make Team X or w/e they're properly called a thing. The main showpiece here is Enchantress, the super-assassin and the rest are just icing on the sweet sweet wetwork cake.
---> Tragedy strikes when June Moon mumbles "Enchantress" in her sleep. Now freed, Enchantress is like "fk u bich" and teleports into Waller's house, can't go near her heart b/c it's got a proximity bomb, and then finds her brother's canopic jar jail on a shelf. She frees her brother in Motocross City and tells him to make a stink.
---> The stink made, Enchantress's brother Incubus proceeds to mop the floor with some of the United States' most heroic helicopters. Waller gets the go-ahead to activate Team X, but she's only interested in using Enchantress and Flag for this. The plan is to just crawl under Incubus, have Enchantress teleport a bomb under his butt, and have her teleport away. But Enchantress is like "PSYCHE!" and gets a power-up from her brother so Waller can't voodoo her no more. Unbeknownst to the audience at this point Waller is actually in Matador City so she's like "oh poo poo" and orders Flagg to fetch the rest of Team X to come get her rear end.
---> Team X is gathered. They are not told who they are going to get or really what they are doing, just that the badguys are terrorists or whatever. Harley's like "bro there is a giant blue pillar of lightning in the town do you think we're stupid" and Flagg's like "yea." It soon turns out that all the soldiers Incubus and Enchantress turned into putties can still man a machine-gun and they shoot down the Squad's chopper. The Squad fights its way to the building in question, although B Squad gets captured and Puttified. Waller is like "l8r" and shoots all the FBI/Army dudes who didn't have clearance to know how bad she hosed up, then leaves with the Squad. At this point Waller's plan is just to get out of dodge and then probably make sure a bunch of incriminating e-mails get misplaced, but the Joker has hijacked their extraction helicopter and intervenes in a failed attempt to rescue Harley. This is where most of Flagg's minions bite the dust. Waller splits on yet another helicopter only to be shot down. Waller is captured by Enchantress, who then very literally picks Waller's brain so she knows where to start pointing her doom-cannon. This was why the putties were trying to capture Flagg earlier btw.
---> With nothing better to do the Suicide Squad headed over to Waller's chopper, where Deadshot found the mission brief or whatever it was. This was how he learns that Waller is pretty much completely at fault for everything and he gets really mad. Flagg explains that the Squad's only job was to get Waller away, his SEAL team was supposed to go infiltrate the subway and reactivate that bomb under Enchantress and Incubus. The Squad hits a bar and commiserates. Eventually they pep-talk themselves into rejoining Flagg and his SEALS to save the world. Meanwhile Enchantress is using Waller's brain to take out OUR KEY COMMUNICATION SATELLITE and SOME PLACE IN NEVADA OR WHATEVER.
----> There ensues a big fight. I think all except one of Flagg's dudes bites it in the flooded tunnel but anyway; even after they manage to take out Incubus, Enchantress is too powerful for the heroes to kill, but they manage to hold their own until she's like "Jesus gently caress I'm tired, how about you guys become my slaves and we call it a draw?" Harley's like "sure" and shanks Enchantress with Katana's magic sword which beats her nighvulnerability.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Do you think the world is going to get all deep and disturbed and protest all the dead people in the next Suicide Squad movie lol

That scene where they identified all these nameless mooks we were gleefully watching get slaughtered were once humans was kind of horrifying

Harime Nui posted:

This is basically the film's plot progression IIRC let me know if it gets confusing

---> The first two scenes in the movie show Waller getting the go-ahead to make Team X or w/e they're properly called a thing. The main showpiece here is Enchantress, the super-assassin and the rest are just icing on the sweet sweet wetwork cake.
---> Tragedy strikes when June Moon mumbles "Enchantress" in her sleep. Now freed, Enchantress is like "fk u bich" and teleports into Waller's house, can't go near her heart b/c it's got a proximity bomb, and then finds her brother's canopic jar jail on a shelf. She frees her brother in Motocross City and tells him to make a stink.
---> The stink made, Enchantress's brother Incubus proceeds to mop the floor with some of the United States' most heroic helicopters. Waller gets the go-ahead to activate Team X, but she's only interested in using Enchantress and Flag for this. The plan is to just crawl under Incubus, have Enchantress teleport a bomb under his butt, and have her teleport away. But Enchantress is like "PSYCHE!" and gets a power-up from her brother so Waller can't voodoo her no more. Unbeknownst to the audience at this point Waller is actually in Matador City so she's like "oh poo poo" and orders Flagg to fetch the rest of Team X to come get her rear end.
---> Team X is gathered. They are not told who they are going to get or really what they are doing, just that the badguys are terrorists or whatever. Harley's like "bro there is a giant blue pillar of lightning in the town do you think we're stupid" and Flagg's like "yea." It soon turns out that all the soldiers Incubus and Enchantress turned into putties can still man a machine-gun and they shoot down the Squad's chopper. The Squad fights its way to the building in question, although B Squad gets captured and Puttified. Waller is like "l8r" and shoots all the FBI/Army dudes who didn't have clearance to know how bad she hosed up, then leaves with the Squad. At this point Waller's plan is just to get out of dodge and then probably make sure a bunch of incriminating e-mails get misplaced, but the Joker has hijacked their extraction helicopter and intervenes in a failed attempt to rescue Harley. This is where most of Flagg's minions bite the dust. Waller splits on yet another helicopter only to be shot down. Waller is captured by Enchantress, who then very literally picks Waller's brain so she knows where to start pointing her doom-cannon. This was why the putties were trying to capture Flagg earlier btw.
---> With nothing better to do the Suicide Squad headed over to Waller's chopper, where Deadshot found the mission brief or whatever it was. This was how he learns that Waller is pretty much completely at fault for everything and he gets really mad. Flagg explains that the Squad's only job was to get Waller away, his SEAL team was supposed to go infiltrate the subway and reactivate that bomb under Enchantress and Incubus. The Squad hits a bar and commiserates. Eventually they pep-talk themselves into rejoining Flagg and his SEALS to save the world. Meanwhile Enchantress is using Waller's brain to take out OUR KEY COMMUNICATION SATELLITE and SOME PLACE IN NEVADA OR WHATEVER.
----> There ensues a big fight. I think all except one of Flagg's dudes bites it in the flooded tunnel but anyway; even after they manage to take out Incubus, Enchantress is too powerful for the heroes to kill, but they manage to hold their own until she's like "Jesus gently caress I'm tired, how about you guys become my slaves and we call it a draw?" Harley's like "sure" and shanks Enchantress with Katana's magic sword which beats her nighvulnerability.

RIP Herocopters

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 8, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Half of the scenes from the trailers did not make it into the movie. :/

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Half of the scenes from the trailers did not make it into the movie. :/

Yeah my buddy was saying this, but I completely forgot whatever they were. He said things from the bar were specifically what he remembered being removed. I need to go back and watch the trailers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah my buddy was saying this, but I completely forgot whatever they were. He said things from the bar were specifically what he remembered being removed. I need to go back and watch the trailers.

Yeah the bar scene is majorly cut down. There's also two Joker scenes in the trailers that were not in the film.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Theres also a lot of dialogue that was cut out, even bits from the Comic Con trailer. I understand how much movies get cut to the last minute but its pretty unusual how much they marketed certain aspects from dialogue they cut that was in trailers released 3 weeks prior to release.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Guy A. Person posted:

The bar scene is the most obvious. They combined a lot of stuff too, like Harley saying "Uh-Oh" during the final battle was dubbed over with the Joker laugh.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm a little bummed out that they cut Diablo ordering water.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Yeah the bar scene is majorly cut down. There's also two Joker scenes in the trailers that were not in the film.

It reminded me of the Fantastic Four trailers where not a single thing from those was in that dumpster fire.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Everyone is saying that this movie was probably good before the studio interfered with it but to me the movie was clearly poorly conceived in the first place. The point of the "Suicide Squad" is that they do black ops stuff and yet in this film they are fighting a giant blue sky laser like many other recent blockbusters. There is no point to having a group constructed in a way that makes it easy to disavow them if you make them do work that could be done ordinarily by regular government forces. People sort of expect the government to fight monsters attacking their cities, no disavowals required!

The film doesn't put any effort into making it's plot make sense. They could have just blown up the Enchantress and her brother with a plane. They could have used a regular squad to rescue Amanda Waller. She could have walked up one flight of stairs and gotten onto a helicopter without any squads getting involved. Her helicopter could have flown upwards instead of downwards and towards the horrible monster.

I know Harley Quinn was put on the Suicide Squad in the comics but it really doesn't make sense for that to be the case and it certainly doesn't make sense in this film. Captain Boomerang and Slipknot are horribly underutilized and the sort of characters (along with say, I dunno Deathstroke) that should be well utilized in a Suicide Squad film, El Diablo blows and can go to hell.

Jared Leto sucks bigtime by the way. I'm wondering if he's going to be in the new Affleck Batman film, because if so my enthusiasm for that movie has all but disappeared. If DC was actually into letting directors have control over their films they would let Affleck recast the part. As much as people like to rail on the Marvel films, having a competent manager prevents issues like this were one director's work fucks up other potential films.

Rick Flagg and Eagle

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I just watched it again and the fights should have been shorter, the hallucination scenes should have been longer, and Flagg and Deadshot should have kissed after playing Tango and Cash "I'm super jealous of you but it's totally not because I want to gently caress you" oneupsmanship all movie instead of just hugging. Other than that it's the Southland Tales/Tokyo Drifter of our time and I love it.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 8, 2016

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Proposition Joe posted:

Everyone is saying that this movie was probably good before the studio interfered with it but to me the movie was clearly poorly conceived in the first place. The point of the "Suicide Squad" is that they do black ops stuff and yet in this film they are fighting a giant blue sky laser like many other recent blockbusters. There is no point to having a group constructed in a way that makes it easy to disavow them if you make them do work that could be done ordinarily by regular government forces. People sort of expect the government to fight monsters attacking their cities, no disavowals required!

The film doesn't put any effort into making it's plot make sense. They could have just blown up the Enchantress and her brother with a plane. They could have used a regular squad to rescue Amanda Waller. She could have walked up one flight of stairs and gotten onto a helicopter without any squads getting involved. Her helicopter could have flown upwards instead of downwards and towards the horrible monster.

You misunderstood the basic plot of the movie. Waller called in the squad purely to cover up her involvement in the attack. The squad were specifically ordered not to try fighting the monsters - except the ones that were swarming around Waller's saferoom, preventing her from escaping.

Enchantress and her brother are immune to planes. Waller flew downwards and deployed flares because she was hoping to avoid being shot down like the dozens of others - and she was still shot down almost-instantly.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Diablo was surprisingly boss. I expected him to have a sneaky little character arc due to some of the later trailers but Jay Hernandez really came through. Although, it's not really a surprise that Ayer made the Mexican banger one of the better characters.

The whole Joker thing is weird because I think he's in it about the right amount, but it seems like there's a beat or two missing from Harley's story because of the cuts.

Also, Deadshot and Harley totally hosed in the stairwell before they rescued Waller, right?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

Diablo was surprisingly boss. I expected him to have a sneaky little character arc due to some of the later trailers but Jay Hernandez really came through. Although, it's not really a surprise that Ayer made the Mexican banger one of the better characters.

The whole Joker thing is weird because I think he's in it about the right amount, but it seems like there's a beat or two missing from Harley's story because of the cuts.

Also, Deadshot and Harley totally hosed in the stairwell before they rescued Waller, right?

Grief sex is the best sex.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I Before E posted:

Grief sex is the best sex.

You're telling me that whole "have you ever loved someone?" convo wasn't lead-up to full-out stairwell sex? Come oooooooon.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

You're telling me that whole "have you ever loved someone?" convo wasn't lead-up to full-out stairwell sex? Come oooooooon.

No I'm not, I'm saying they totally hosed and Deadshot accidentally called her Rick but it's OK because she called him Puddin'.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I Before E posted:

No I'm not, I'm saying they totally hosed and Deadshot accidentally called her Rick but it's OK because she called him Puddin'.

TWO TRAILER PARK GIRLS GO ROUND THE OUTSIDE

(You're right. Deadshot is obviously the Joker stand-in and Harley is def a Flag stand-in)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

TWO TRAILER PARK GIRLS GO ROUND THE OUTSIDE

(You're right. Deadshot is obviously the Joker stand-in and Harley is def a Flag stand-in)

27 years after Tango And Cash and they still feel the need to stick a woman in between the two leads so you're super sure they're not gay

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I think this movie misuses the Suicide Squad. As I understand it, as they were in the original comics by Ostrander, they were not conceived to fight supervillains (the government relied on the Justice League for that) but to do the government's dirty work. They did the sort of things that James Bond or Mission Impossible would do. Waller was a hard-nosed pragmatist who was not afraid to cross moral lines to make the world safe. She embodied the "ends justify the means" principle. If the movie wanted to do this concept justice, then Waller should not have used the SS to fix one of her own blunders, but to destroy some existing threat, foreign or domestic, that couldn't have been dealt with through legal or ethical means, so as to leave the audience ambivalent over their existence. This movie makes the Squad look like a total fiasco. Most of the Squaddies are not metahumans, so what use are they against metahuman threats? Deadshot is just really good with guns (might be handy but not against Superman). Harley's only asset is insanity. Captain Boomerang went up against a metahuman and survived, but only because the Flash doesn't kill.

Kurzon fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Aug 8, 2016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Harley's role on the squad is entirely thematic. The squad represents the dirty laundry of the American government throughout its history, and Harley is MK Ultra.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
By the way for those interested, RLM's review of SS is out, though I wont bother linking because most of it just echoes what has been said ITT.

The TLDR is: Mike is baffled as to why these studios hire smaller directors with unique visions (Josh Trank, David Ayers) if they're going to just butcher it into something more generic anyways ("hire Brett Ratner! He'll let you change whatever you want and nobody will give a gently caress!"), many comparisons to Fantastic Four where there's an interesting movie somewhere in the mess, Will Smith and Margot Robbie were the standout performers (Jay mentions that he usually doesn't like Will Smith, which fits his taste for loathesome films), first half is a sloppily edited mess (the repeat-explanations and blatantly obvious Slipknot setup were brought up).

Also Jay mentions the Ultimate cut of BVS making things more coherent, for those interested (since they haven't talked about it much since the review). Overall this review was very pro-director vision and anti-meddling.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 8, 2016

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well this is the most obviously meddled film to come out in a while, so yeah. Christ the trailers are barely in the movie. This is the kind of stuff they would base episodes of Entourage around.

Also Will Smith reprises his most famous role, Will Smith.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Aug 8, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I loved how each character got a little intro and then at the briefing Slipknot appears and surprise! He dies at the start.

Also were Flagg's men just sitting outside the bar while everybody had a heart to heart?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I loved how each character got a little intro and then at the briefing Slipknot appears and surprise! He dies at the start.

Also were Flagg's men just sitting outside the bar while everybody had a heart to heart?

I think they were going through those wet documents Will Smith left in the street and laughing about how their boss hosed a supervillain

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

the world is none of these things.

smg wrong about a film's content? shocking.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

The presence of another love triangle in the film confirms it. No question they cut stuff related to that.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Who was even shooting the helicopters? Like I guess it was the puttys but not even once are they shown holding a gun or any weapon of any sort, let alone the giant laser beam looking giant bullet flack cannons that kept shooting every single helicopter. Where did they even get anti-air cannons? did the city just have those sitting around?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
They knew the weapon spawn points in the Midway City map.

Also, I've read the thread and seen a bit of discussion on Jared Leto sending people things like condoms as part of getting in to the Joker's head, but not knowing anything about Leto having never heard of him outside this film I'm wondering if I'm missing something here, because sending people condoms doesn't seem like something the Joker would do, given that there's no actual joke involved as far as I can tell - and the Joker will do a lot of hosed up poo poo, but he'll only do it in pursuit of a joke, even if he's the only one that laughs at it. Sending condoms seems more like someone's attempt to be an edgy rear end in a top hat. Is that basically all it was, the way the thread's opinion on Leto would lead me to believe, or is there some joke to it that I'm not seeing?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The joke is method acting.

To elaborate, the joke is specifically about how the fictional Joker character now has a Cobain-ish undertone when portrayed in film. The objection was "how will Leto honor Heath Ledger's memory", which is absolutely ridiculous but also perfect for Leto.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 8, 2016

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It was clearly shown he used those guns to deflect Enchantress' swords during the fight. The logical conclusion is that they were rendered useless after the fact

I said that the problem with this scene is not that we're lacking a plausible in-universe explanation, but that it looks awful from a filmmaking perspective. The final visual setpiece is undermined in part by what seems to be carelessness on the part of the production. Something visibly appears to be able to solve the problem, even if it actually cannot, and it is distracting. When it's a small hurdle partway through, this type of thing is not too big of a deal, but this is the climax of the movie.

It's like if during the slow motion scene at the end of The Longest Yard, Burt Reynolds was wearing a jetpack. It seems like that would solve the problem at hand. You can talk all about rule 411.4 in the handbook says that 'no player is allowed to use flying contraption or spring shoes during a play from scrimmage' and that Crewe would be penalized 15 yards if he were to use it and because it's a penalty in the last minute of a game the warden could elect for a ten-second runoff and that would have ended the game and that's obviously why he didn't use the jetpack, duh. What I'm asking is "Why did the moviemakers give Burt Reyonlds a jetpack at all?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The joke is method acting.

To elaborate, the joke is specifically about how the fictional Joker character now has a Cobain-ish undertone when portrayed in film. The objection was "how will Leto honor Heath Ledger's memory", which is absolutely ridiculous but also perfect for Leto.

Also, Jared Leto is a megatool IRL. I've met him a few times because of his awful band and working for clubs.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

precision posted:

Also, Jared Leto is a megatool IRL. I've met him a few times because of his awful band and working for clubs.

That he's a tool goes without saying.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The one semi-redeeming thing about Batfleck in this movie was when he said "let's not do this in front of your daughter" when he caught up to Deadshot in the flashback where he gets captured.

EDIT: As a side note, I love that Batfleck isn't called out by the spelling correction thing in Chrome.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Well, except that that's exactly when he waits to do it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

tsob posted:

They knew the weapon spawn points in the Midway City map.

Also, I've read the thread and seen a bit of discussion on Jared Leto sending people things like condoms as part of getting in to the Joker's head, but not knowing anything about Leto having never heard of him outside this film I'm wondering if I'm missing something here, because sending people condoms doesn't seem like something the Joker would do, given that there's no actual joke involved as far as I can tell - and the Joker will do a lot of hosed up poo poo, but he'll only do it in pursuit of a joke, even if he's the only one that laughs at it. Sending condoms seems more like someone's attempt to be an edgy rear end in a top hat. Is that basically all it was, the way the thread's opinion on Leto would lead me to believe, or is there some joke to it that I'm not seeing?

All that behind the scenes stuff with Leto almost certainly didn't happen

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Proposition Joe posted:

She could have walked up one flight of stairs and gotten onto a helicopter without any squads getting involved. Her helicopter could have flown upwards instead of downwards and towards the horrible monster.

I don't get this one either. Thy used the Squad to get her to the roof, to get in a helicopter on her own, which then crashed and she had nobody to help defend her. Like... who the gently caress wrote this poo poo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I Before E posted:

27 years after Tango And Cash and they still feel the need to stick a woman in between the two leads so you're super sure they're not gay

The lead up to this comment is my favorite exchange in a movie thread in a while.

Haha, thanks.

P.S. Leto's Joker is good and thank goodness they didn't try to duplicate any other version. I look forward to Affleck's Batman with this.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kurzon posted:

I think this movie misuses the Suicide Squad. As I understand it, as they were in the original comics by Ostrander, they were not conceived to fight supervillains (the government relied on the Justice League for that) but to do the government's dirty work. They did the sort of things that James Bond or Mission Impossible would do. Waller was a hard-nosed pragmatist who was not afraid to cross moral lines to make the world safe. She embodied the "ends justify the means" principle. If the movie wanted to do this concept justice, then Waller should not have used the SS to fix one of her own blunders, but to destroy some existing threat, foreign or domestic, that couldn't have been dealt with through legal or ethical means, so as to leave the audience ambivalent over their existence. This movie makes the Squad look like a total fiasco. Most of the Squaddies are not metahumans, so what use are they against metahuman threats? Deadshot is just really good with guns (might be handy but not against Superman). Harley's only asset is insanity. Captain Boomerang went up against a metahuman and survived, but only because the Flash doesn't kill.

I had the exact same problem that you did right up until the reveal that they were rescuing Waller herself at which point it became obvious that was what they were doing.

The key thing is Waller is bullshitting everyone pretty much constantly, and her main goal is just having control of as much power as she can grab. Note her excited reaction to finding out Enchantress can create zombie soldiers: "she turned a soccer mom into a soldier who could take a head shot and keep coming". She sells her higher ups on Taskforce X with the "stopping evil Superman" excuse and by demonstrating Enchantress's power, but really she just wants her own private killers who she has complete control over. SMg earlier said "The ultimate plan is to put a chip in Flashman and Aquaman too" and he's basically right, the only reason she chose scrubs like Boomerang and Slipknot wasn't for their supervillain killing abilities, but because she could convince the US government to put bombs in their necks and give her the button. Presumably if any of SEAL team 6 had lived to report her, she would have ordered Deadshot to execute them like she tried to do when Harley escaped, and like she herself did to her team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Well, except that that's exactly when he waits to do it.

That's why I said "semi-redeeming".

• Locked thread