Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FilthyImp posted:

In 2020 Cruz will rear his blobby head as a contender. Then Trump will begin non-stop assaults on him. He may even show up to Town Halls and poo poo just to clown on him.

Trump's gonna blame Cruz as much as the bias liberal media for the curb stomping he's about to get. Don't expect Cruz to get far in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DemeaninDemon posted:

Trump's gonna blame Cruz as much as the bias liberal media for the curb stomping he's about to get.
Oh yeah, absolutely. Trump won't be able to resist reminding everyone of how Cruz didn't kiss the ring at the RNC.

We thought his merciless destruction of Jeb! was mean, but we will see such sights come Cruz 2020

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Bip Roberts posted:

Welcome, it'll be nice here for another 3 months.

So was my Rochester alarm actually properly calibrated? That's what I thought when I saw that, and I was about to post "it will be nice there for another month." There were too many buildings though, so I assumed I got it wrong.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/planned-parenthood-launches-voter-registration-campaign-n624411

In an attempt to create outrage fatigue among the GOP base, Planned Parenthood will be offering to help people who visit their clinics register to vote.

It's smart, and combines so many things that conservatives hate that it should qualify as art

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Epic High Five posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/planned-parenthood-launches-voter-registration-campaign-n624411

In an attempt to create outrage fatigue among the GOP base, Planned Parenthood will be offering to help people who visit their clinics register to vote.

It's smart, and combines so many things that conservatives hate that it should qualify as art

*sniffs* it's so beautiful! I can already hear the GOP's heads exploding already!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DemeaninDemon posted:

Trump's gonna blame Cruz as much as the bias liberal media for the curb stomping he's about to get. Don't expect Cruz to get far in 2020.

On the other hand, Trump could lose so bad that Republicans immediately distance themselves from him, call him "not a true conservative," etc and Cruz having never endorsed Trump will be a boon to him in 2020.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Pakled posted:

On the other hand, Trump could lose so bad that Republicans immediately distance themselves from him, call him "not a true conservative," etc and Cruz having never endorsed Trump will be a boon to him in 2020.

unless the GOPe plans to get the 35% of the party who support trump out of the party faster than the opioid abuse is already doing it it's not entirely clear how that works

you can't just trot ross douthat in front of a tv camera every sunday and have the party rank and file go back to having its core value be acting Very Serious about medicare cuts

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Pakled posted:

I imagine when the republicans lock their poo poo down after this election to ensure another candidate they can't stand won't get the nomination they'll include a specific No Ted Cruzes clause.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Feinne posted:

I imagine when the republicans lock their poo poo down after this election to ensure another candidate they can't stand won't get the nomination they'll include a specific No Ted Cruzes clause.

Don't make it plural, that's how he sneaks in since you can have one and not have Cruzes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pakled posted:

That really depends on how the Trumpets are handled.
T-man could bust out an argument saying Republican rank and file were scared of him and never really supported him (Cruz to blame here, also Kasich), Trump cannot fail only be failed, and that his massive gains were sabotaged and handicapped and it's really a shame because he would have been a very, very good president.

Cruz could try and argue that Trump was a sham fake republican and that he failed republican core values and sold the people out to turn a buck.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Teddybear posted:

Don't make it plural, that's how he sneaks in since you can have one and not have Cruzes.

Yeah you're right it should specify not even one Ted Cruz. Also for whatever reason I feel like it pluralizes better as Teds Cruz in retrospect, like agents provocateur.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
I think the proper wording is "no Teds Cruz".

Efb

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

iospace posted:

*sniffs* it's so beautiful! I can already hear the GOP's heads exploding already!

GOP nothing, I want Trump's hot takes.

Some states have 0% black for Trump. Let's get women in on it.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

PhazonLink posted:

GOP nothing, I want Trump's hot takes.

Some states have 0% black for Trump. Let's get women in on it.

Yeah give Trump his phone and this article.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
They tried to ACORN Planned Parenthood, so now Planned Parenthood is going to ACORN.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The GOPe's only hope us that Trump, in losing, throws a tantrum the world has never seen. Like, a heel promo for attitude era bad. Setting an American flag on fire. Saying the troops are lazy. Saying America deserved 9/11.

Thats pretty much the only way they get out of the Trump situation easy.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I made A think tank thread.

Please clap.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
For the purposes of 2020 and beyond:

No member of The Party who has, or has possessed, dual citizenship with the US and another Foreign Country is eligible to run as a candidate for the office of POTUS

:smugbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FilthyImp posted:

No member of The Party who has, or has possessed, dual citizenship with the US and another Foreign Country is eligible to run as a candidate for the office of POTUS

Did they really add that in?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No, but if they want to disable Cruz Kontrol they could. What's he going to do, whine that he didnt know he was a Canadian national until he was a congressman?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FilthyImp posted:

No, but if they want to disable Cruz Kontrol they could. What's he going to do, whine that he didnt know he was a Canadian national until he was a congressman?
Sue for discrimination?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Or they can nominate him for all I care. He'll lose too. Hillary can dispose of her now-hazmat heel by launching it into the sun.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I'm personally hoping for Turbodelegates or whatever that control 51% of the nominating votes. Just straight-up return to the smoke-filled room system GOPe, you know you want to! What is your base gonna do, vote for Hillary?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So was my Rochester alarm actually properly calibrated? That's what I thought when I saw that, and I was about to post "it will be nice there for another month." There were too many buildings though, so I assumed I got it wrong.

That was the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis and I hold that it'll be nice enough until (probably) January. Certainly though mid-October, at least. Again, I like the cold and not the mosquitos.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Liberty Delegates

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Munkeymon posted:

That was the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis and I hold that it'll be nice enough until (probably) January. Certainly though mid-October, at least. Again, I like the cold and not the mosquitos.

The half-day I spent mostly in the Mall of America when my flights in MSP got messed up was real nice, I would really like to be able to spend time in Minneapolis. The stereotypes of Minnesota friendliness are hilariously and endearingly true.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nessus posted:

Sue for discrimination?
I think you'll find the rule is applied to any member of the party that would show divided loyalty to the Nation, not specifically one Blobhead.

Or do you want another Trump/Putin situation you commie bastard.

Hell, if such a thing were to happen you wouldn't even get public backlash against it. How do you convince GOP voters that allowing people with citizenship to 2 nations would be a boon for the US??

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I want to say the picture was of Philly, but I am often wrong.

Epic High Five posted:

It's so beautiful. They should have sent a poet.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

"In the interest of revitalizing the party and bringing in fresh blood faces, nobody that has previously ran for the Republican presidential nomination can do so in any future election."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

RZA Encryption posted:

"In the interest of revitalizing the party and bringing in fresh blood faces, nobody that has previously ran for the Republican presidential nomination can do so in any future election."

Would actually be a real good idea for the GOP to get some new faces. And to limit the number of people on the debate stage.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

RZA Encryption posted:

Dexo posted:

Would actually be a real good idea for the GOP to get some new faces. And to limit the number of people on the debate stage.

2019: Ted Cruz walks into the first primary debate, the mask fashioned from the face of a homeless man he killed in an alley just an hour earlier dripping a trail of blood behind him.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 8, 2016

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Conservatives trying to spin that clown car GOP primary as being a positive thing for the party was as hilarious as it was pathetic.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Guys, I know you hate southern states and all, but there are some sane people here. Please don't leave me at the mercy of Governer Voldemort when a hurricane destroys everything I own because I like fishing and swimming in the gulf and don't want to deal with snow and salted roads. <3

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

Guys, I know you hate southern states and all, but there are some sane people here. Please don't leave me at the mercy of Governer Voldemort when a hurricane destroys everything I own because I like fishing and swimming in the gulf and don't want to deal with snow and salted roads. <3

Nope, sun's boiled your brains. (I'm in Virginia and it's been hot as hell, my brain is thoroughly boiled too :()

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Please don't burn people's private property, even if you think it's ugly tia.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Elmnt80 posted:

'sup fellow Gulf Coaster, your pleas will fall on deaf ears here and the most sympathy you can expect is someone posting bugsbunny.gif

The good news is the US hasn't been hit by a major hurricane in 11 years, and the odds are good that we'll be hurricane free for another 11, unless you don't expect us to maintain those 1:2300 odds we've been gifted with so far
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/08/no-major-us-hurricanes-in-11-years-odds-of-that-1-in-2300/

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Please don't burn people's private property, even if you think it's ugly tia.

Doubly so if they're racist Patriot Freedom displays.

EDIT:

Filthy Hans posted:

'sup fellow Gulf Coaster, your pleas will fall on deaf ears here and the most sympathy you can expect is someone posting bugsbunny.gif

The good news is the US hasn't been hit by a major hurricane in 11 years, and the odds are good that we'll be hurricane free for another 11, unless you don't expect us to maintain those 1:2300 odds we've been gifted with so far
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/08/no-major-us-hurricanes-in-11-years-odds-of-that-1-in-2300/

Donald Trump is literally running for president. Do you really want to tempt fate on that one?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

Florida is good is at buildin' bridges. We can cross over to georgia and alabama. Whether its maintained is a completely different story though. :v:

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
People seem to be going nuts over the diazepam and Hillary having seizures stuff.

Just when you think this election can't get any weirder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

FIRST TIME posted:

Conservatives trying to spin that clown car GOP primary as being a positive thing for the party was as hilarious as it was pathetic.

Is there anyone from the GOP primaries who'll still have a career after this?

This election cycle has made a lot of powerful people look incredibly dumb.

• Locked thread