Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Isn't it weird that gen 7 is basically introducing divergent evolution? Like, actual Darwinian evolution though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

greatn posted:

Isn't it weird that gen 7 is basically introducing divergent evolution? Like, actual Darwinian evolution though.

What's weird to me is that it took them this long to think of it. It's the perfect way to re-use old monsters while still staying fresh.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
People thought I was being salty when I said they should make diglett a flying type but I was serious. Have a clod of dirt still stuck to the bottom of his body, and give him Yoshi wings.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Diglett on a tiny Dragonball cloud

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Diglett but with huge muscle arms just flapping so hard he flys.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

Shellos/Gastrodon were introduced in gen IV

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also they should have a Pokemon that is just one winged angel Sephiroth.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

Also they should have a Pokemon that is just one winged angel Sephiroth.

Mecha Absol

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I find it a bit weird that Alakazam is one of the Pokémon that is projected to get an Alolan form. That thing already has a Mega evolution. Does it need more recognition?

At least with the others, they haven't had any real changes to their families since their introduction in Red and Blue.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
machamp needs a form too. he's supposed to be an abra counterpart and he gets nothing

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When you transfer stuff from Pokemon bank into a new game do you get the Pokédex entries for the things they evolved from?

Wondering if I should evolve my starters or keep em small and not use them till I get to Alola. Obviously i can just gts later but I generally don't use it that much and find it kind of frustrating.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dabir posted:

Diglett on a tiny Dragonball cloud

Golden Goat posted:

Diglett but with huge muscle arms just flapping so hard he flys.

So basically this guy? :v:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

When you transfer stuff from Pokemon bank into a new game do you get the Pokédex entries for the things they evolved from?

gosh dang how i wish

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Tired Moritz posted:

machamp needs a form too. he's supposed to be an abra counterpart and he gets nothing
Alolan Machamp: same as before but has three-toed feet

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

greatn posted:

Wondering if I should evolve my starters or keep em small and not use them till I get to Alola. Obviously i can just gts later but I generally don't use it that much and find it kind of frustrating.

No, you would only get the form they're currently in. You'd have to breed to get earlier forms. For maximum efficiency, evolve to the middle form before transferring. That way you can just breed it once and evolve it once. Bam!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Alolan Diglett is just Diglett out of the dirt and is Ground/Fighting

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Silver Falcon posted:

No, you would only get the form they're currently in. You'd have to breed to get earlier forms. For maximum efficiency, evolve to the middle form before transferring. That way you can just breed it once and evolve it once. Bam!

I somehow forgot breeding was even a thing. So I'll basically need a male and female ditto for this, right?

Also I assume Pokemon bank doesn't count as a trade?

I don't mind trade evolutions in gts because those are always easy to find.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kikas posted:

So basically this guy? :v:

Yeah 'cept he's always flailing his arms.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

I somehow forgot breeding was even a thing. So I'll basically need a male and female ditto for this, right?

Ditto are genderless.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

greatn posted:

Ditto is genderless.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ditto is sexless and can breed with anything. it's a...

... genderblob

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

greatn posted:

Ditto is genderless. To breed starters, you need either a male and a Ditto, or a female and a male from the same Egg Group. Transferring to Bank does not count for trade evolutions, no.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ditto is goon in Pokémon form

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Iron Crowned posted:

I thought it was Slaking

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Iron Crowned posted:

Dittos get way too much sex for that to be true.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Germstore posted:

Dittos get way too much sex for that to be true.

Goons need sex too! We have girl goons, and boy goons, and everything in between. There is enough goon for everyone to get laid.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Phrosphor posted:

Do you think they will eventually do a unified pokedex and acknowledge similar poke's as regional forms? Things like Dedenne and Pikachu could easily be forms of each other. Roselia and Gloom?
Horsea and Skrelp?

Seahorses and Seadragons are very different, TYVM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pokemon should not have numbers

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

Porygon2 needs love too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah. Who made the Pokédex anyway, the friggin Borg?

Anyway, gotta keep playing till I have a level 100 max IV shiny of every type.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

Professor Oak to Charizard: Everyone has a number. Yours is Number 6

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mandatory lesbian posted:

Professor Oak to Charizard: Everyone has a number. Yours is Number 6

Who is number 1?

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
Having starters evolve differently based on location seems like a horrible idea. Unless they also want to throw out linearity, they should be expected to evolve around the same area. Not to mention, if the islands don't all have high level pokemon, you may be stuck grinding on route 1 pokes.

Also, this is the only correct "fake alternate" form of diglett.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm sorry but the canon rest of Diglett is "a hand or something"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Who is number 1?

i am not a number, I AM A FREE MON!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Benach posted:

Having starters evolve differently based on location seems like a horrible idea. Unless they also want to throw out linearity, they should be expected to evolve around the same area. Not to mention, if the islands don't all have high level pokemon, you may be stuck grinding on route 1 pokes.

Also, this is the only correct "fake alternate" form of diglett.

this is what i'm kind of hoping to see as an alola diglett, give it fighting or steel as it's secondary typing since it has hands/claws to fight with in addition to the ground stuff and it would be cool

it's been 20 years its time to let us see the truth

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I still want to know what happens when you use Sky Drop on a Diglett.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
digletts don't have a bottom because that would require pokeballs to hollow out the ground under them and that's just plain silly

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
That supposed leak from a couple of days ago got me thinking..what would theoretically be the best type combination in terms of most resistances & immunities and fewest weaknesses? Off the top of my head I'd say Dragon / Steel seems pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dunban posted:

That supposed leak from a couple of days ago got me thinking..what would theoretically be the best type combination in terms of most resistances & immunities and fewest weaknesses? Off the top of my head I'd say Dragon / Steel seems pretty good.

Ghost/Steel with Levitate/Flash Fire has four immunities, nine resistances, and three weaknesses.
Electric/Steel with Levitate/Flash Fire gets two immunities, eleven resistances, and just two weaknesses.
Fairy/Steel with Levitate/Flash Fire comes with three immunities, nine resistances, and only one weakness.
Dragon/Steel with Levitate gets two immunities, nine resistances, and only one weakness.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 8, 2016

• Locked thread