Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/762655675428274176

Open the door at Trump HQ and the canary bodies are drifting like snow

"I DON'T CARE WHY THEY'RE DYING JUST GET US NEW CANARIES"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Three Olives posted:

The election is going to be called for Hillary when the polls close in Florida.

They don't call battleground elections early anymore. They learned their lesson after 2000. Once west coast closes and they know that Cali, WA, and OR push Hillary over, they'll call.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I've been talking to folks I know down here in Georgia and the general consensus is that Hillary is bad but Trump is a loon. Most folks I talked to said they didn't even plan to vote at all because the choices were so terrible.

I work with a lot of black women and they are all-in for Hillary to a surprising degree. More rural folks were more apathetic to the election. I see no Trump signs or bumper stickers (but I count Confederate flags as votes for Trump) and one Bernie bumper sticker still hanging out lol. Depressed voter turnout could be bad for the Republicans, but with all the gerrymandering I still predict a safe Trump victory.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Pander posted:

Not true. I had to get an emissions test back in 2013 when I moved to a Chicago suburb from downstate. Had to replace a catalytic converter.

You're right about safety inspections. But hey, frame rust builds character.

Wait, there's no emissions test requirement for people who live in the sticks?

Hmm, that makes sense I guess.

I've had to get emissions tests done for plate renewals every few years in the burbs yeah--deffo lol at the rust bucket out here tho.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Serf posted:

I've been talking to folks I know down here in Georgia and the general consensus is that Hillary is bad but Trump is a loon. Most folks I talked to said they didn't even plan to vote at all because the choices were so terrible.

I work with a lot of black women and they are all-in for Hillary to a surprising degree. More rural folks were more apathetic to the election. I see no Trump signs or bumper stickers (but I count Confederate flags as votes for Trump) and one Bernie bumper sticker still hanging out lol. Depressed voter turnout could be bad for the Republicans, but with all the gerrymandering I still predict a safe Trump victory.

if you put trump signs on your lawn in NY those pesky millenials will just torch it

http://gothamist.com/2016/08/07/staten_island_mans_huge_trump_sign.php

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Even though Donald Trump is a billionaire and can afford the most expensive meals money can buy, he said during Thursday night’s CNN Republican town hall that he’s a regular guy with a guilty pleasure: McDonald’s.

Specifically, he said his favorite meal is the “Fish Delight.”

But there’s only one problem: No sandwich by that name exists. There is, however, the classic Filet-O-Fish.

“The Big Macs are great. A Quarter Pounder with cheese,” Trump said in reference to some of his other favorite meals. “It’s good stuff.”

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

broken clock opsec posted:

I've had to get emissions tests done for plate renewals every few years in the burbs yeah--deffo lol at the rust bucket out here tho.

I've been told that all you need to do to sell a car in Oklahoma is give the other guy the keys.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Serf posted:

Nobody allocates electors based on districting (though you can bet that is a wet dream for certain people), gerrymandering cannot result in a Trump victory.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

DrPlump posted:

Voting for Trump is just like when you try that spicy dish at a new restaurant. It may seem scary but life is a little bit scary.

Average Trump supporter considers the caesar salad at mcdonalds a 'spicy new dish'

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I never understand why repubs want to kill things that useful and make living in the 20th century nice like the epa.

bullets cure cops
Feb 3, 2006

magiccarpet posted:

So the non-emissions states are the rolling coal states, right? You loving animals.

Yes. there are tons of lifted diesel trucks billowing smoke everywhere. Another side effect of no inspections is that there are cars in such bad shape they have no business being allowed on the road. just this morning i saw a beat to poo poo pickup crabbing its way down the highway at an angle because the frame was clearly damaged. Yesterday I also saw someone in an old hyundai put on flashers and make a valiant effort to stop before it lost its front right wheel. It didn't stop in time, and the wheel escaped and bounced merrily down the road for a bit before careening through someones chain link fence.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I remember in one of the books about the torture stuff an FBI guy tells the CIA guy to stop torturning the terrorist and buy him a fillet-o-fish instead

e: and he does and it works and the cia guy never tortures anyone again

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

lol Trump's gonna get "the stink" on him and the media smells blood in the water. This is going to become self-fulfilling within a week or two.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nobody allocates electors based on districting (though you can bet that is a wet dream for certain people), gerrymandering cannot result in a Trump victory.

Eh, I'd still say Trump will take it. Maybe by more narrow margins than normal. But I'm a pessimist.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

My mom is a slut posted:

Yes. there are tons of lifted diesel trucks billowing smoke everywhere. Another side effect of no inspections is that there are cars in such bad shape they have no business being allowed on the road. just this morning i saw a beat to poo poo pickup crabbing its way down the highway at an angle because the frame was clearly damaged. Yesterday I also saw someone in an old hyundai put on flashers and make a valiant effort to stop before it lost its front right wheel. It didn't stop in time, and the wheel escaped and bounced merrily down the road for a bit before careening through someones chain link fence.

Now that's freedom from under the oppressive grip of demoncrats

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You know you've crossed the state line into Ohio from PA when you see a car held together with duct tape doing 62 in the left lane

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

prefect posted:

Even though Donald Trump is a billionaire and can afford the most expensive meals money can buy, he said during Thursday night’s CNN Republican town hall that he’s a regular guy with a guilty pleasure: McDonald’s.

cnn has done in-depth investigative reporting on trump's mcdonalds habits

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/735950861852151808

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Rolling Coal is still one of the funniest wingnut memes in years.

*Fucks up engine on own car* "Take that, you communist gay Muslim dictator Obama!! :argh:"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

magiccarpet posted:

I never understand why repubs want to kill things that useful and make living in the 20th century nice like the epa.

Because when they were kids, no one cared about huffing lead fumes out of a tail pipe and they turned out just fine!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mannerup posted:

cnn is worse than anything produced by goebbels

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
it's okay guys trump has started his campaign now and his ad team is making some killer ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UexlivEx0Z0

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

theflyingexecutive posted:

You know you've crossed the state line into Ohio from PA when you see a car held together with duct tape doing 62 in the left lane

Living in Ohio, this is definitely one of the stranger things. I've seen so many cars driving down the road missing panels, including front grilles and bumpers, with bungee cords holding everything in.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

it's okay guys trump has started his campaign now and his ad team is making some killer ads

"TRUMP Pence" is the new "Great Job!"

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

I too eat KFC with a knife and fork on a private plane with monogrammed headreasts.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

so, did they intentionally make the audio out of sync, or is it because they don't know how to mix audio on whatever SE edition software they used?

bullets cure cops
Feb 3, 2006

shiksa posted:

Now that's freedom from under the oppressive grip of demoncrats

Alabama is a magical place. The president of the company I work for encourages carrying, both concealed or open. Nearly everyone is packing, and i'm concerned we are one negligent discharge away from having the office erupt into a warzone. I open carried a a VZ-61 skorpion one day as a joke to try and maybe show how nuts this is, but no one even asked me about it, nbd.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Living in Ohio, this is definitely one of the stranger things. I've seen so many cars driving down the road missing panels, including front grilles and bumpers, with bungee cords holding everything in.

Ohio cars are falling apart pieces of garbage that drive slowly in the passing lane and invariably back into parking spots

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mannerup posted:

So I am looking at this photo and the one thing that sticks out to me is the diet coke. Now someone opened the bottle and set it aside; the problem for me is 1) it doesn't look like anyone has taken a sip of it and 2) put the bloody cap back on it. It's one thing if it were a can and you could close the beverage to avoid spillage -- fair enough -- but with a plastic bottle you have assurance of a cap to prevent the diet coke from spilling. MAYBE Donald was going to take a sip after some fries but what was the point of opening the diet coke and then going back to the fries?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

theflyingexecutive posted:

Ohio cars are falling apart pieces of garbage that drive slowly in the passing lane and invariably back into parking spots

I know, I hate driving here, everyone goes like 10 under the speed limit at all times.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

My mom is a slut posted:

Alabama is a magical place. The president of the company I work for encourages carrying, both concealed or open. Nearly everyone is packing, and i'm concerned we are one negligent discharge away from having the office erupt into a warzone. I open carried a a VZ-61 skorpion one day as a joke to try and maybe show how nuts this is, but no one even asked me about it, nbd.

Can you wear long guns slung on your back? Can you rack a shotgun to get a subordinate's attention? Can you run around screaming "END OF THE LINE" before the end of the day on Friday?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

overdesigned posted:

"I DON'T CARE WHY THEY'RE DYING JUST GET US NEW CANARIES"

lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

iospace posted:

They don't call battleground elections early anymore. They learned their lesson after 2000. Once west coast closes and they know that Cali, WA, and OR push Hillary over, they'll call.

Yeah the earliest they can call the map for Hillary without the west coast reporting in would be an obvious victory in Ohio or Florida or Hillary flipping Georgia and managing to actually somehow flip Texas, that map looks like this:

http://www.270towin.com/maps/Arm02

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Iron Crowned posted:

so, did they intentionally make the audio out of sync, or is it because they don't know how to mix audio on whatever SE edition software they used?

Notice the subtle but unmissable-once-it's-pointed-out edit at 12.5 seconds :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zas posted:

cnn is worse than anything produced by goebbels

goebbels would look at CNN and decide that it was a bit too much

bullets cure cops
Feb 3, 2006

TheBuilder posted:

Can you wear long guns slung on your back? Can you rack a shotgun to get a subordinate's attention? Can you run around screaming "END OF THE LINE" before the end of the day on Friday?

I've never seen anyone draw on anyone, but people regularly bring in their latest rifles to show off.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/chuckwoolery/status/762646328979644416

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Yeah the earliest they can call the map for Hillary without the west coast reporting in would be an obvious victory in Ohio or Florida or Hillary flipping Georgia and managing to actually somehow flip Texas, that map looks like this:

http://www.270towin.com/maps/Arm02

She's gonna do it, OP

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
If Florida and Pennsylvania get called for Clinton relatively early, you can go to bed.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Thank you men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Slate Action posted:

If Florida and Pennsylvania get called for Clinton relatively early, you can go to bed.

Bed? gently caress that. I wanna be popping bottles before Mountain polls even close.

• Locked thread